The Negotiator and the Fire F...

由 classic_cut_kyber

An episodic, Clone Wars-style story; Obi-Wan Kenobi has an interesting mission ahead of him. A Gray Jedi has... 更多

Book One: Code Gray
The Assignment
The Consult
The Debriefing
The Plan
The Abominations
The Cantina
The Deserter
The Gray
Book Two: The Battlefield Stories of a Gray Jedi
The Infiltration of Vardos: Gone Caving
The Infiltration of Vardos: Boiling Point
The Infiltration of Vardos: Lightning and Embers
The Infiltration of Vardos: The Duel
Stranded on Canarath: Crash
Stranded on Canarath: Gone
Stranded on Canarath: Wisps in the Night
Stranded on Canarath: The Camp
Hunt on Kashyyyk: Burohanaa Village
Hunt on Kashyyyk: The Shadowlands
Hunt on Kashyyyk: Hunter and Prey
Hunt on Kashyyyk: On the Trail
Hunt on Kashyyyk: Attacked
Hunt on Kashyyyk: The Serpent
Investigation on Iveria: Gray Skies
Investigation on Iveria: White Flag
Investigation on Iveria: Black Out
Investigation on Iveria: Purple Diamond
Investigation on Iveria: Red Ledger
Investigation on Iveria: Silver Lining
Investigation on Iveria: Out of the Blue
Investigation on Iveria: Golden Opportunity
The Interlude: Over Coruscant
The Interlude: Aftermath
The Interlude: Off the Record
The Interlude: Storms Ahead
The Interlude: Chaos and Order
Book Three: Shifting Sands
Shadows of the Ancient Sith: The Hermit in Anchorhead
Shadows of the Ancient Sith: The Blue Death
Shadows of the Ancient Sith: The Reunion
Shadows of the Ancient Sith: Nightmares and Daydreams
Shadows of the Ancient Sith: Lucid Dreaming
Shadows of the Ancient Sith: Call of the Dead
Shadows of the Ancient Sith: Valley of the Dark Lords
Shadows of the Ancient Sith: The Final Resting Place of Naga Sadow
Shadows of the Ancient Sith: Excavation
Shadows of the Ancient Sith: Burning with Mahlyce
Shadows of the Ancient Sith: Deals
Raiders of the Sand: Salvage
Raiders of the Sand: Pillage
Raiders of the Sand: Plunder
Raiders of the Sand: Maraud
Raiders of the Sand: Ransack
Raiders of the Sand: Commandeer
Raiders of the Sand: Plot
Raiders of the Sand: Negotiations
Raiders of the Sand: Thief
Raiders of the Sand: Drills
Raiders of the Sand: Barter
Raiders of the Sand: Liberate
Broken Spirits Pt. 1
Broken Spirits: Pt. 2
Broken Spirits Pt. 3
Epilogue I
Epilogue II

The Interlude: Sabotage

451 21 13
由 classic_cut_kyber

Shan motioned silence as she, Cody, Null, and the rest of the men slunk into the engine room. She had silently taken down the two sentries at the door before they made their way in. Hiding behind a large mechanism that connected to an even larger mechanism, Sahrea poked her head around to get a view of the intruders.

There was a variety of droids mulling around, attaching explosives to the cruiser's core. Four clones, three troopers and one mechanic, were handcuffed on the ground. Behind them, Tal Rhona. Shan narrowed her eyes.

Rhona was one of the Confederacy's top generals. She had only seen him once via hologram, above the planet of Canarath.

The general wore a long, dark trench coat that fell around his knees. It had metal chains looping around his waist to the front of the coat. A thick grey stripe went from his neck to the bottom of his jacket. A hood covered his head. From this angle, Shan could see he was tall and broad. Intimidating. She bit the inside of her cheek. Rhona turned around.

He was just as creepy the second time. His trench coat buttoned up all the way up to his neck. It split into a V at the bottom, revealing olive grey pants and shiny black boots that covered his shins. There were pockets sewn into the jacket that were lined with silver metal. The emblem of the CIS was printed in red on his shoulder. This was pretty standard. What made him creepy was his face. Well, lack of face.

Tal Rhona was from the planet of Kubindi. The Kubaz were very sensitive to light, so on his face, he wore a dark mask with red markings. The goggles protecting his eyes were bright red. A long, hook like appendage came out of the mouth area to protect Rhona's long snout. He looked quite menacing to say the least.

Shan had heard that his appointment had caused some issues with the Geonosians. Geonosians and other insect-like species did not get along with the Kubaz due to their diet, which was primarily bugs, hence the long snout.

Rhona, however, was an incredible strategist, so Dooku would be hurting himself if he didn't accept his offer to join the Separatist military. The Count also hoped that Rhona's position could sway the Kubaz and their incredible technology to the CIS. Kubindi was still on the fence and it didn't look like they would make a decision anytime soon.

Rhona had another skill besides being good with strategy. He was a general who liked to be in the field. He had incredible hand-to-hand combat skills. He had stood up against some of the best fighters in the Republic and won, including Master Plo. He was not to be trifled with.

Rhona spat a command in the clicks and whistles of his native language at his soldiers. A few droids saluted their general and walked off towards the final fuel cell. Shan's brows pulled together. They needed to destroy those droids and deactivate those bombs before they blew the Ro-Ti-Mundi skyhigh. Or space high, in this instance. Shan turned back around and leaned close to Cody and Null.

"We need to play this really carefully." she whispered. "They are attaching explosives to the fuel cells. If we hit one by accident, bye bye next battle." Cody readjusted his rifle as he picked up where Shan had left off.

"I suggest we split up and do a covert take over of each cell." he said. "There aren't a lot of droids because the others were just a distraction. This is a strike team. Too many clankers here could draw attention, so a few clones should be able to take them down." Shan peeked over shoulder. The Sepys hadn't noticed them yet.

"Once we deactivate the explosives, we can go for Rhona." Null added. Shan nodded. "I approve. I'll wait here and keep an eye on the general while you guys take out the extraneous droids and the bombs." she said. The clones all dispersed.

Shan squatted down, watching Rhona. It was nerve wracking. She kept expecting him to pull out a detonator and turn this cruiser into spare parts with push of a button. He surely wouldn't do that while he was on board, would he? No, the Kubaz was too smart for that. He certainly would have a plan b.

The Gray bit her lip as Rhona began to move. He was heading to the two droids in front of a fuel cell, the one she just saw Cody and Null slip behind. She raised up her wrist.

"Cody, Null, Rhona is coming your way. Stay out of sight!" she hissed. Although they didn't respond, they must of heard her, because they disappeared behind the cell.

Sahrea sat and watched tensely as Rhona got closer and closer to her men. Her heart felt like it was going to pop out of her chest at any moment. She unhooked her silver saber, prepared to attack if necessary. Tal spoke with the droids there, communicating in whistles and clicks that formed ice in her veins. A metal footstep drew the Gray's attention behind her.

"Hey, you aren't supposed to be here!" the B1 exclaimed, aiming his blaster at her chest. She swore.

Acting on pure instinct, Sahrea used the Force to yank the droid down to the floor. She flipped over top of him and grabbed his face plate. She gave it a sharp twist. The droid's neck snapped, damaging the vital plating underneath. She sat on its back, chest heaving and its head still in her hands with a shiver down dancing her spine.

Although he was just a machine and could be fine with a few repairs, the sheer savageness of the act didn't sit right with her. Not because she felt guilty. No, she had almost killed Biron Sykes on Nar Shaddaa, a life long friend. Would have, if given the chance.

No, what bothered her was that she didn't plan on doing it. It was all on instinct. That's what worried her; Maybe being around so many Jedi was suppressing her Dark Side too much.

Sahrea forced these thoughts aside to focus on the task at hand. She peered around the side again. They were still in the clear. Rhona was returning to the center cell.

Shan watched as Cody and Null took down the two droids at their fuel cell. The commander gave her a nod. They now had control of every cell. She looked back to Rhona to discover he wasn't there. She frantically searched around for the general. The Kubaz returned a moment later, a knife to Ice's throat. Her heart seized.

He clicked a loud statement. She could just piece together what he said from the little knowledge of his language she had. He had said something along the lines of Come out and face me, Gray.

She stood up. He gained immediate respect from her for referring to her as a Gray, despite the situation. He was one of the first people to not mistake her for a regular Jedi and she would not forget that. She stepped into the walkway.

"Let my friend go and we can talk." Shan replied cooly, a lightsaber in each hand. She didn't ignite them quite yet. Ice struggled against the Kubaz's arm, but couldn't get away. The general responded, but Sahrea couldn't quite figure out what he said.

So as a response, she took a step forward and crossed her arms, hoping she looked intimidating. The Kubaz cocked his head at her. He twitched his fingers and six commando droids dropped from the ceiling. Man, she hated those things. She knew her troopers were at the ready. Rhona also knew this. He whistled a demand at her.

She thought she heard drop the sabers and I'll let him go. It was that or drop your guard and I will go. Shan had a feeling it was probably the first, since it made more sense in the context of her question.

She glared at him defiantly. Rhona pressed a button on his knife. A thin band of light that looked almost like a lightsaber ignited along the curved blade. Shan huffed and placed her hilts on the floor. A commando picked them up and gave them to Rhona, who tucked them in his jacket. Tal stared her down, waiting for her next move. When it didn't come, he plunged his knife into Ice's chest.

"No!" she screamed as the clone went limp. She Force pushed the general into the fuel tank behind him. Her sabers ignited as they flew to her hands, slicing a commando droid in three distinct pieces. Blaster fire rained.

Shan sprinted towards Rhona as he stood up. He flicked out a second laser lined knife. They were short and seemed almost useless against her lightsabers, but Shan knew never to underestimate anything. She swung at Tal Rhona.

Rhona blocked her slash. With shock, she realized his knives could withstand a saber strike. She stumbled back. The Kubaz's emotions were hidden behind his protective mask. She set her jaw.

Were his knives Kubanian technology or Separatist? The Kubaz were known for the technological prowess. If the Sepys got their hands on it and weaponized their droids to be impervious to lightsaber strikes... Shan couldn't think about that now.

The Gray and Kubaz slashed and stabbed and struck at each other while the clones and commandos used each other as target practice.

He was a skilled warrior, even better than her. She was still alive because of the Force and her sabers. Shan flipped her hilts forward and stabbed at him, Grievous style. Her sabers skimmed his body, her right blade catching the side of his coat. It left a crimson rimmed hole.

Shan kicked Rhona in the ribs as hard as she could. The Separatist stumbled to the side. She punched out at his masked face. He dodged.

Tal slid to the side and aimed for her throat. Shan backflipped. He missed his mark, but still managed to catch her leg. It burned exactly like a saber cut. She bit back a scream.

She picked up a blaster beaten commando with the Force and threw it at him. The large metal body collided with the Kubaz. He collapsed under the droid.

Shan jumped up and brought her saber down on the general, but he rolled away at the last minute. Rhona grabbed her hair roughly and pushed her face into the metal grate. He put his knife in her neck and dug the point into the bones there. A blaster bolt from Commander Cody had him backing away. Sahrea scrambled to her feet.

She stayed low to the ground as Tal Rhona took up a fighting stance. She was becoming fatigued. If she relaxed, even slightly, he would gain the upper hand. So Sahrea Shan took a deep breath and struck out.

Rhona deflected each of her strikes with an easy motion of his arms. He stabbed out straight, aiming for her heart. It must have been her instincts that made her dodge, because his hand was already retracting by the time she realized he had struck.

Shan sliced her silver saber at his knife. As he blocked it, she used her foot to kick it away. The weapon dropped and skid across the grate. In the back of her mind, Shan wondered how the clones were faring against the commando droids. She couldn't worry too much on them though. She had her own problems, and besides, the clones were quite capable of taking care of themselves.

The general punched out at the Gray. She dodged. As she did, Rhona grabbed her wrist and twisted. Her saber hilt was wrenched out of her grip.

He forced her to her knees. He shoved his weapon through her wrist, rendering it incapable of movement. Her brain shut down as the tip of the blade slit between the two bones and out her forearm. She screamed. He clicked at her, a unique, dangerous sound. It was one word. Pray. He put his knife to her throat, burning a line on her skin. He was going to kill her. She wouldn't let him.

She relied on the Trayus Form once again. From the floor, her orange saber ignited. It lifted into the air and impaled Rhona straight through the back and out his chest. The Kubaz released her. Shan fell to the floor as he staggered back, the saber still buzzing in his chest. The blade sucked back into the hilt. Tal Rhona slumped to the floor, dead.

Sahrea laid there for a moment, her body in pain. She rolled onto her back stiffly. There was a commando standing right above her, vibroblade out. The Gray sat straight up and scuttled away from him. The droid fell away to reveal Cody. Shan laid back on the floor.

"Consult!" he said, rushing to her side. He put a hand on her shoulder.

"I'm alright." Shan said, wincing as she rolled onto her side. Now that the adrenaline had worn off, her leg was stinging intensely. The muscles in her back argued at movement. Her entire left arm from the tips of her fingers to her elbow and bicep were an inferno. There was tingling in some of her fingers.

"Ice is still alive sir!" Null said, his hand resting on his brother's chestplate. She closed her eyes and finally relaxed.

---

Shan stepped onto the bridge, flexing her left hand. It was wrapped up in bacta soaked gauze. The tingling was the result of a nicked nerve, which was lucky. If it had pierced the whole nerve, it would have temporarily paralyzed her whole arm. Her leg was mostly healed. Ice was in the infirmary. He needed surgery on his chest, but would survive.

"Consult!" Null said from over the main holotable. His face was elated. "We have an update. Count Dooku is dead."

繼續閱讀

You'll Also Like

17.6K 554 43
She was a slave until Count Dooku found her. Ever since, Ahsoka Tano has been trained to become his apprentice. Her sole goal is to please him, to be...
8K 294 39
{SEQUEL TO THE EDGE OF THE UNIVERSE} "He is the chosen one, he will bring balance," Qui Gon Jinn brought to the Council attention many years ago that...
9.6K 231 57
A Darth Vader Romance Kat I am no one. A shadow. Insignificant. Or at least, that's what I was taught to be. I could not have predicted that it was...
10.3K 296 27
As Amylin Amidala, a newly promoted Jedi Knight, helps lead the way through the clone wars, the unexpected happens.. and she finds herself debating a...