Sentenced (J.JK)

Kookieapplebts द्वारा

The words you speak can save his life. Say the wrong thing and he'll be hung six feet in the air. Haha. No... अधिक

Prologue
Chapter I
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25 - Final

Chapter 19

2.7K 253 241
Kookieapplebts द्वारा

😬Make sure you read till the very end of this chapter. 😬

"Jimin," Jungkook cuts him off.

Jimin tilts his head, ears awaiting the question the seems to have Jungkook on edge.

"Whose side are you on?" 

-

"Huh," the blond scrunches his brows, head tilting in confusion. "What do you mean?"

Jungkook bites his lips as he closes his eyes, he lets out a ragged breath before speaking. 

"I saw you...last night."

-

Jungkook shivered as the wind brushed past him, his bright orange jumpsuit barely providing him with the warmth he craved. His brunette locks danced with the breeze as he glanced around the bustling streets. He took in the sight of people, chatting away as they roamed around, hand-in-hand, feet stepping in sync, lips curled into gentle smiles as they spoke. A sense of happiness seemed to wander around the city, the vibrant lights only adding to the joyful atmosphere. 

Jungkook shuffled his weight from one leg to another, his observant eyes scanning the unfamiliar faces. He took in the beauty of the world, one he used to neglect and turn a blind eye to, but now he could only wish to stay here forever. It was much better than being caged up like a wild animal. As his eyes continued to glance from person to person and his thoughts churned into a blissful daydream, he spotted a familiar face. 

His blond locks glimmered under the street lights as he walked merrily. He had a bounce to his step, he giggled joyously while eyeing the ravenette next to him. The girl spoke, her voice monotone yet seemingly deep in conversation. She looked over at the blonde and started laughing, Jimin started laughing along with her, hand gripping his stomach before smiling over at her. 

The pair walked off as Jungkook hid behind the alley. His eyes were wide as he watched their backs, his stomach churning at the sight. Jimin and Ava, walking hand-in-hand.  

-

"Come on Chubs, stop looking so gloomy, it's supposed to be a special day." 

You glance over at your sister, forcing a fake smile before looking back down. How could you smile, how could you pretend to be okay, when today was the day your dad will officially get replaced. 

Your mother's wedding day. 

You look over at  Minjoon and your mum, hand in hand as they state their vows. It made you want to scream, to think that that was once your dad up there with her. You didn't hate Minjoon, in fact, he was quite a likeable guy. But there is a difference between someone being likeable and someone being a father figure. No one could replace your father. It made you angry at yourself, at the world. Why could you not forget about the man who just left you without a single goodbye? 

But deep inside you know why. You still loved him, still missed him, still wish he would cradle you in his big warm arms when you cried. 

Without him, you were left to be independent, to grow up feeling vulnerable because there was no one to protect you anymore. 

He was the shield that fought you through the battlefield. When your shield broke, you had to sharpen your sword, but you got a few scars while doing so. 

"And I pronounce you Husband and Wife, you may kiss the bride."

You should have clapped along with everyone else, should have cheered for the newlywed couple. But instead, you wanted to cry. 

You remember the time when you were upset and Jungkook held you in his arms as you cried. Just like your dad used to. You wanted to cry in Jungkook's arms again. 

But that thought only made the lump in your throat tighten. 

~

"No, Jungkook, listen, it's not how it looks like," Jimin says urgently. 

Jungkook sighs before running a hand over his face. "Jimin, I want you to tell me the truth. Don't think about our friendship, I just want you to tell me what was really happening. There's no need to lie, I will be- I will-" Jungkook exhales. "I will be executed soon anyway, no point in lying-"

"Jungkook!" Jimin states, hand gripping onto the brunette's forearm. "n-no, I," his watery eyes sadly stare at the boy. "No you won't be executed, it's okay-"

"Jimin, the case is over. I've accepted my fate," Jungkook states, pulling away from the other boy's grip. 

Jimin shakes his head, tears slipping from the corner of his sorrowful eyes. "That night..."

-

Ava laughs as she turns to Jimin, "I mean they don't call me a genius for nothing." 

Jimin giggles. Genius, indeed. "You always have been the smartest out of the two of us." 

Ava rolls her eyes at the boy. "Don't flatter me."

He smiles sheepishly, "well it's true. I don't even know how you did it." 

The ravenette smiles briefly, "Fabricating evidence is actually quite easy, you just have to make it see-"

"How did you fabricate the phone call though? Don't they directly play it from the police station."

A cunning smirk spreads across the girl's face. "Not necessarily. All I did was edit the sound, I added effects to make him sound more frantic, added some few things, cut some parts out, and voila, the perfect proof. Except, was it really proof?" She giggles. Jimin smiles with her but struggles to hide the pure bitterness of his expression. 

"You are a talented one aren't you?" He asks, directing the question at the ground rather than at her. 

She hums, a tone of mirth lingering in her vocals. 

"Are you planning on fabricating anything else?" 

The girl smiles once again. 

Oh, how Jimin hated her smile. He wishes he could rip it off her face. 

-

"J-jungkook, I promise I'm not on her side, I was trying to use her to see what she's doing-"

"Why didn't you tell Y/N that she fabricated it? She could have won the trial." Jungkook asks, no longer angry, but rather confused. 

Jimin looks down, "I-I didn't know it was the last trial, I t-thought it would have been better to give it to her for the final trial since then she could definitely win, b-but that was the last trial. I-I'm sorry Jungkook, if only I knew, I-I," tears glisten in his soft brown eyes. "This is all my fault," he whispers. "I'm so-"

"Park Jimin, your time is up," the guard calls out from the back. 

Jimin's eyes bulge out, "no-no, K-kook, I can fix this, we can get another t-trial and-and,"

Jungkook shakes his head softly, smiling sadly at his friend. "I should have never doubted you, Chim, you have always been such a great friend to me. Thank you."

Jimin shakes his head, "no, we can fix this, you d-don't have to be in death row-"

"PARK JIMIN," the guard shouts. "Visiting time is up." He walks into the room and pulls Jimin by the arm. 

Jimin cries out, sobs wracking his chest as he gets dragged away. 

"Hyung," Jungkook calls out, his own eyes shining with tears. The guard rolls his eyes but stops the dragging, waiting for Jungkook to finish his sentence. "T-the banana milk, th-thank you for the banana milk. I never got to say it that day." 

The guard doesn't let him respond and drags the blonde away. 

And as he gets dragged away, the dull pain in Jungkook's heart increases, knowing that the last thing of Jimin he might see, is his tear-stained face. 

~

"Back already?" Taehyung asks, peeking from over his papers. "I thought you were at a wedding?"

"I was," you state sounding lifeless. 

"Oh, it ended already?" 

You shake your head no, "just left early, said I felt sick."

"Do you?" the red-head asks, eyebrows furrowing in worry. 

"Do I what?" you ask confusedly. 

The boy rolls his eyes, "do you feel sick?"

You shrug, "kinda."

You didn't feel sick. You felt dead. Not physically but emotionally. 

These last two days were like a rollercoaster, except there were no highs, just lows. 

You sigh while placing yourself on your chair, pushing aside the stack of papers on the desk and resting your head on it. 

Taehyung stares at you, his eyes taking in your tired form. 

"Hey...are you okay?

You nod, not bothering to respond verbally. 

The red-head observes you for a few more seconds before hesitantly asking, "aren't you going to go see him?"

At this, you shoot your head up and look straight at the boy, startling him slightly. 

"I- no, I can't."

"Why not?"

You look down at your lap, "I b-broke my promise. I promised him that I would save him, b-but-"

You suddenly burst into tears, hands flying to your face to cover your vulnerability. 

Taehyung walks over to you speedily, "Hey, hey it's okay, it's okay."

It's not okay. You hated when people comforted you like this, saying it's "okay' when really it wasn't. Jungkook is literally going to be killed, and it is all your fault. At this, you just cry harder, shaking uncontrollably. 

"I- uh- hey, just," Taehyung awkwardly pats your back, not knowing exactly what to do. He's never seen you cry, not like this at least. 

"He's not a murderer, Kim," you say while wiping your tears. "He's innocent. I-I wish I could have proved that."

Taehyung nods sympathetically. "We can always hope for a miracle-"

~

"Jeon Jungkook," the guard calls out. The tone of his voice sending shivers down the boy's back. 

Jungkook looks up from his prison bed to see the guard standing there, a solemn expression on his face. "Uhh, it's time to go now, buddy."

"Y-You mean for the-"

The guard nods. Jungkook stops his words. 

"Hey, don't worry, it will be over after a few minutes-"

"How will they do it?" The brunette asks, casting his eyes down. 

"T-they are going to hang you," the guard replies, voice fading as he finishes his words. 

Jungkook flinches slightly before gulping and walking towards the guard. "T-thank you," he says to the man. 

The guard furrows his eyebrows and tilts his head, "why?" 

"Y-you never hurt me. I've heard the stories about what some of the guards do to the people and I'm glad you didn't do anything like that to me."

The man smiles sadly, eyes softening. "You are a good kid, it's a pity you did what you did."

Jungkook nods, not even bothering to grimace at the statement. 

"Well kid, it's time, let's go."

Jungkook nods but can't help the bitter feeling rise in his throat. 

Not because he was about to get executed. 

But because you never came to say goodbye. 

~

"We can always hope for a miracle-"

"YOU WON'T BELIEVE THIS!" Namjoon screams as he barges into the office. 

The two of you dart your head towards the frantic man. 

Namjoon pants as he places his hands on his knees.

"What happened?" 

 Namjoon raises his hands, in which he holds a few pieces of paper. "T-the autopsy results are finally in. Now it makes sense w-why the machines couldn't interpret any of the DNA and why the doctors were so confused." 

Namjoon shakily hands over the papers to you. 

You tilt your head in curiosity before grabbing the papers and reading them. As you read it, your hands start shaking, your firm grip on the paper loosening as your eyes widen." 

"It-it c-can't be. T-this is impossible-"

Taehyung looks over your shoulders, scanning the papers before gasping in shock. 

"Chicken blood?!" you and Taehyung state simultaneously. 

"That's not all, read the 'body parts'. It makes sense why the body parts were crushed and blended so aggressively, it was to make them unrecognisable," Namjoons says breathlessly. 

"Freshly butchered cow organs, horse intestines, pig brain..." you read through the autopsy files, tone laced with disbelief. 

"D-does that m-mean the Jeon's died from an a-animal attack?" The red-head asks. 

"N-no i-it means-" Namjoon stutters. 

You look up from the paper, eyes dark. "No Taehyung, it means that the Jeons haven't died in the first place."

"This whole murder was staged." 

-

The clues (it was dumb af):

 1. Not to far to reach but he's scared to touch her.

2. Loneliness can be the victim.

3. Lend him a hand, he's drowning

4. Home is where the love grows, unless of course: home is hell.

5. Who exits must enter back, but they will never be the same.

6. They like to reach the end before running

7. You are so lost, you fool

8. You are still awake in the grave, aren't you?

9. Who are they trying to fool?

10. They can deny the truth

11. Can you see the pattern? 

(It spells out nonexistent)-told you it was dumb. 

A/N: okay okay, I know this was probably the most stupidest pLot tWisT you've ever read (even my mum was like 'yeah that's pretty stupid😂) I'm sorry if you guys are disappointed. When I got the idea for this book, this plot twist seemed epic, but now that I put it into words, I'm like "ok wtf was i thinking."

Hope you still keep reading this book 😭

I love you guys, thank you for reading this (shitty) chapter. p.s pls don't hate me. ❤️❤️❤️

You guys at me right now: 

पढ़ना जारी रखें

आपको ये भी पसंदे आएँगी

150K 4.4K 53
"You are our precious diamond who help us in the dark and cold world" "Finally we find you princess" (DON'T COPY MY WORK AND HOPE YOU LIKE IT) 💜💜💜...
200 24 13
"We need you to find someone, we think he's in danger. His name is Min Yoongi." not actually done, just --MOVED--
KILLER KILLER. J द्वारा

फैनफिक्शन

219K 21K 12
a simple game wasn't supposed to lead to a series of murders. © NATSUUFT. a bangtan fanfiction. completed.
330 22 7
Let's just say Jimin and Taehyung are never too old for a babysitter. "In the game of life and death. There are no winners. Just survivors." WARNIN...