Truly-Madly-Deeply Assistant

By ZaraPenn

Avery had big dreams but Jared, who can't seem to function without her, doesn't feel like letting her go. Is... More

Part One - First
Hurricane
All I need
She is gone
Change
Breakfast at Jared's
Games by the pool
Ups and the downs
Chances pt. 1
Chances pt. 2
Summer special - The show
Summer Special - The after-party
Bitter welcomes
Medicate
Her favorite song
Shotgun
My way or the high way
One day
'A man on fire'
'A violent desire'
'Do you wanna cross the line?'
Morning Coffee
One in a million
This is us
Morning fluff
Flashback - Lily
Protective or selfish
Here goes nothing
Acceptance
Commit to the bit
Above the clouds
Homecoming
Flashback - You'll never know
Little truths
LA!Buzz - The gossip
The one with all the feelings
Out and About
Family issues
A year wiser
Flashback - All I have
The gift
Shadows of the past
A night apart
Take the car
Another day another girl
talk!showtime
New Year's Eve - Morning
New Year
It's over
Farewell
Flashback - The Oscars moment
Apart - phone calls
Apart - the bully
Apart - breaking point
Surprising Mr. Leto
Highs, lows and higher
His past
I don't
The Event pt. 1
The Event pt. 2
Morning news
Flashback - Backlash
LA!Buzz - The real deal
Hobbies
City of Exes
Flashback - Forever mine
Home
Capricorn and the pushover
Hurt
Hot and steamy
Untitled
The test of feelings
Leaving night
Friend or foe
Tips and tricks
Flashback - Scattered memories
Comfort pt. 1
Comfort pt. 2
Long distance
Moving on
Choosing dreams
Intimacy
Back to us
Brother's leftover
Just saying...
Mother in town
Taking control
Surrender
The new home
Stubborn mind, aching heart
Housewarming
Behind closed doors
Baby talk pt. 1
Baby talk pt. 2
A day in the life
LA!Buzz - Drama alert
Small town girl
Birthday surprise pt. 1
Birthday surprise pt. 2
Her past
Home big Home
Camp
Change is coming
Our life, our rules pt. 1
Our life, our rules pt. 2 - Ending

Chances pt. 3 - Leaving

749 21 12
By ZaraPenn

 ~"What about today? We are going to finish up around six, we can go to mine and while packing we can go through them," offered and I nodded.

"Sounds good."~

At six in the evening sharp the band finished for the day as I did too with sending out the job opening. I also gathered my stuffs from the office which were really just some notebooks, pens and some old magazines. I didn't really use that office that much.

Arriving to Jared's I walked to the kitchen and opened up my laptop as I wanted to go through the e-mails and get out of here as soon as possible.

"Alright, I'm gonna bring out the suitcases, first let's pack the Gucci and then go up and gather the rest of the shit," he said walking straight to the closet from the entrance door.

"Don't you wanna go through the emails first?" I asked hopefully as I looked after him.

"No, I want everything packed, I want to pick out my outfits for the next four days so I can get done with that!" he shouted back and I sighed and walked to the living room where he dropped down the Gucci package, and I started to pick the clothes out laying them onto the couch before folding them again.

Jared dragged two luggage out to the living room and sighed with his hands on his hips.

"Perfect. Please be careful with the folding," said looking through the clothes as he walked closer.

"I am careful, Jared, these clothes probably worth more than my life," I stated ironically.

"Close," he said and sent me a half smile.

I just shook my head as I continued folding and Jared placed them into his suitcase.

We were packing the clothes silently and when we finished Jared closed the suitcase and straightened up.

"Alright, I'll go pack my travel kit," said putting his hair in a low bun.

"Make sure you know where you put them, this time I won't be there to help," I stated, and he gave me a side look.

"Don't even mention. The next person better be at least half as good as you, which I doubt it will happen," said opening another suitcase.

"Oh, come on, you don't trust me that I can choose good applicants?"

"I trust that you can choose good applicants. I just don't think anyone else will care like you do... like you cared," he shrugged and just walked away into the bathroom.

I walked after him slowly stopping in the door of the bathroom, leaning to the door frame with my arms crossed in front of my chest.

"I still care, Jared, I hope you know that."

He just sighed leaning onto the sink with his hands and looked back at me from the mirror silently. Seemed like he is about to say something, but he just swallowed it back and looked down then pushed himself up and opened the mirror door, I couldn't see his face anymore.

"I need some resealable bags, they are in the kitchen," he said, and I nodded with a sigh and walked away to get them.

I handed him three bags and he took them starting to pack his creams.

"You looked for some job yet?" he asked, his voice monotone.

"Well... I was surfing through some, yes." I said as I sat onto the edge of the bathtub.

"UK?"

"Too... I'm interested more in California," I shrugged picking on my nails then looked up to him just to see him looking down at me.

"Really? I thought you wanna stay close to home."

"Me too... but... I like it here, and there's more opportunities in the music industry. And well... I would miss you guys," I admitted.

"Great to hear," he nodded lost in thoughts then turned back to packing. 

I was thinking to talk about yesterday, but he clearly didn't want to. And honestly, I didn't want to either. 

As much as he didn't want to admit it, I know I was one of the closest people he still has in his life and well... he was basically the only person in mine; we both are dealing with the change that is coming in different ways. Maybe he thought what I did yesterday was my way of dealing, which, actually could be.

-

It was almost eleven in the evening when we finished with answering e-mails.

I rubbed my eyes when I hit send to the last one, looking at Jared who was leaning onto the kitchen table with his right arm stretched out, his head resting on his arm, face got lost behind his locks which were again, free from the bun. He liked to change his hairstyle every hour, basically.

"We are done. Now we just have to go through them again and mark the time and places in your calendar," I said looking at the mess of hair on the table, but he didn't even flinch.

"Jared?" I asked reaching out, using my index finger to lift a lock from his face to the other side to see him.

"Yeah..." a muffled voice was heard as he opened his eyes to look up at me.

I chuckled lightly.

"We really should finish this up today," I said gently, and his eyes closed again, his lashes closing up as curtains.

"More..." he mumbled.

"What more?" I smiled.

"Play with my hair," he whined, and I frowned laughing.

I remembered the time when he was out from the hospital on bed rest and he hated it so bad; he was so bored. I tried to make him smile and that was the first time I "played" with his hair; meaning, I did some fun ponytails and braids.

He loved it so much he asked me once again when he had a fever during tour.

I thought it was cute.

Sneakily, I mentioned it to his mom back then and she said she used to play with her sons' hair a lot when they were little and needed to comfort them, it must have the same effect still.

I stood up and sat next to him to where he was facing away from me and I took small locks into my hands and braided and opened them, then just pulled my fingers through his hair sometimes, lost in thoughts.

I loved it as well. His hair was the smoothest ever, but it's not like he would let me just do it. He needs to be really on the low to give in and let me see his utterly vulnerable side. The side which he would die first than let anyone know about it.

I combed his hair out from his face with my fingers as I smiled sadly.

I have known him 6 years before his accident what eventually got us even closer as he trusted me enough to show his weaknesses to me and accept that he can't hide things from me as I am always there.

But now he is going to have someone new on his side, who I am sure he won't ask to play with his hair or won't lay around watching Netflix with. He will have to act the boss with her too and will take a long time for him to start trusting.

Guilt took me over as I pulled my fingers through the length of his hair gently again and again.

Today was such a weird day.

He acted so cold with me, so bossy with the others, then at home he started to loosen up, and here we are. He must be anxious about the tour. He's such a perfectionist.

"Jared, you wanna go to sleep?" I asked gently keeping his hair in my palm as I leaned above him trying to see if he is awake at all.

"Uhum," he said slowly lifting his head up and I let his hair fall from my light grip. "But... we have to finish it today..."

"Just give me your calendar and I will write them in," I offered with a smile.

"Okay," he said and stumbled to the living room and back with his calendar.

I took it and he sent me a tired smile.

 His eyes were small and puffy. He reached out with his right hand and cupped my face, caressing my cheek with his thumb, then just turned away and walked up the stairs.

I looked after him and breathed deep when he left. 

His actions nowadays were confusing. He was all over the place even more than he usually is.

Maybe he will miss me too, maybe he just realized it.

I yawned then just shook my head and sat back to my computer and spent the next hour going through the accepted propositions to write them all into his calendar, with all the information, question topics, addresses and phone number.

-

The next day I woke up at home 9 in the morning to my alarm.

As asked, after finishing up with the calendar fill, I gathered my stuffs from the room I had when I stayed at Jared's and left with a taxi at around one in the night.

After waking up I took a quick shower and I left immediately as I still had to go shopping for Jared and pack my stuffs. My plane was living today in the afternoon.

I mostly had to buy creams, tea, shower gels, hair products and stuffs like that for the tour as he didn't like to just put anything on his body, which is well, understatement.

I was walking through the men's hygiene aisle around one in the afternoon for the last product on the list, stressed that I have been hunting for products for the last 3 hours, when my personal phone sent a notification about an e-mail.

I quickly pulled it out from my bag, hoping it is about the assistant job application. But I stopped surprised when the sender was Universal Music California and the subject was Open position.

Miss Avery Forbs,

Currently there is a Creative and Marketing Manager position open at our Universal Music Headquarters' Office in Santa Monica, California.

Main tasks: promoting and marketing our new talents, artists and influencers

Taking care of live concert promotion, social media marketing...

...

Please send us an updated CV and motivational letter during the next week, if you think you are suitable for the position...

I was breathless. I was shaking but a smile grew on my face.

I have sent my CV in like 3 years ago and never got an answer. I don't even know how they found me in a pile now, but I didn't even want to question it.

I could scream, I could fly.

I wanted to reply immediately, but my time was running out and I had so many things to do.

I let out an excited scream in the abandoned aisle and then just grabbed up the first deodorant my hand could get on and ran through the shop to pay and get to the studio in time to say goodbye to the boys as well.

My head was all over the place, I was already planning my future as a creative and marketing manager of amazing artists when I basically flung the rehearsal room's door open and rumbled in, throwing the bags down and smiled to Shannon and Jared.

They were playing around with the instruments, but both looked at me raising their eyebrows by my unusually loud entrance.

"Is the building on fire?" asked Shannon seeing me panting and I just shook my head trying to catch my breath.

"No, I just... I had a busy morning, but... here's your stuffs," I nodded towards the bag and Jared looked at them as well.

"Okay, thanks Avery. And, also for the notes," he said still holding his guitar, playing some quiet tune.

I just nodded and smiled,

"You won't believe what happened to me..."

"Please, tell us, you freaking me out," Shannon chuckled still staring at me now more amused.

"I got... I got an e-mail, I got an offer for an open position at Universal Music, here in Cali," I grinned jumping closer, showing them my phone with the email on screen and I saw a gentle smile spreading on Jared's face and Shannon grabbed my phone away.

"Oh my... Avery, that is fantastic!!" he seemed just as amazed as I was. "I am so happy for you! I didn't even know you were interested."

"Yeah... like 3 years ago!" I stated unbelievable.

"Good things take time," he chuckled giving back the phone and I looked to Jared, hoping he will be happy for me as well.

He just played the strings slowly looking at them but then he gazed up at me and smiled calmly.

"What? It is not a surprise, you always wanted this. Looks like the time for your dreams has finally came," he turned his focus back onto the strings and I smiled happily holding my phone to my heart.

"I have to write them, asap, maybe from the plane," I said, and Jared looked up to me again.

"So, you coming back to California?"

"Well, hell, yeah if I get this job, of course! If I could start tomorrow, I would never even leave!" I said.

Jared's lips twitched into a light smile but then turned his gaze back, once again to the strings.

"I'm sorry guys, but now I really have to say goodbye," I sighed, and Shannon was already in front of me pulling me into a bear hug.

"Take care, girl, and rest a lot," he said smiling at me then hugged me again.

"I will," I chuckle hugging him back, getting lost between his muscles.

"Hopefully, see you soon then," he said letting me go slowly as he stepped back, and I nodded then looked to Jared who now sat the guitar by a chair.

"Have a great tour, call me if you need help," I smiled at him gently. "And as soon as I hear from the assistant job, I will let you know.

"Yeah..." he nodded and then just stepped to me and hugged me slowly. 

It was nothing like a bear hug. It was a careful one. His arms wrapped around my waist and back, slowly, then his right arm caressed its way up to my neck and pulled my head gently onto his chest.

"Wherever you end up, let me be the first to know," he sighed, and I just leaned more into him with a nod.

"I will," whispered and I felt him resting his chin on my head.

"Have a great holiday, Av, and I expect you to be in California when I get back," he said as he slowly let me go and looked down at me with a gentle smile.

"I hope I will be..."

"You will be," he winked then stepped away immediately picking his guitar backup.

"Have a great tour guys, once again," I smiled to them in tears and we waved at each other before I left for Scotland. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

21.3K 348 57
Jared Leto story.
11.5K 682 67
Music inspires many to persevere, hope, dream, laugh, cry and process a wide variety of emotions. Music was very important to Melissa Campbell, havin...
13.8K 601 35
Meet Lexy. She's heading for a new life in LA, hoping to leave behind traumatic family memories in Louisiana. What she doesn't bargain for is a doub...
14.9K 1.1K 62
****COMPLETED**** #107 in Lovable ... Back in 2019, Don't Call Me Cat! was added to the new and notable reading list of @Samantha @Wattpad director...