Seeing Double

By AMAC45

11 years. It's been 11 years since Astrid's seen her twin in person, but when the USWNT has an injury crisis... More

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
58
59
60
61
62
63
64
65
66
67
68
69
70
71
72
73
74
75
76
77
78
79
80
81
82
83
84
85
86
87
88
89
90
91
92
93
94
95
96

12

10.1K 183 41
By AMAC45

Astrid's POV

"Is this the couple table?" Kelley teasingly asks.

Today's the game against Mexico and the team is at breakfast. Our table consists of Ash, Ali, Alex, Christen, Me, and Tobin with an open seat in-between Christen and myself.

"Yeah. Where's Hope?" Alex teasingly says.

"Right here." Kelley says and show's us her phone background.

Kelley sits down and our table eats in relative silence. Once I finish eating I scoot my plate to the middle of the table then I lay my head on the table and shut my eyes.

It's too early for a game.

"Come here." Kelley says then picks up my shoulders.

Kelley then leans my head on her shoulder and I instinctively wrap my arms around my twin.

"You okay?" Kelley whispers.

"Too early."

"Alright ladies lets go." Someone says.

Everyone throws their trash away and grabs their stuff then heads to the bus. I sit down in my usual seat and a couple seconds later someone sits down next to me. I recognize immediately who it is by their scent so I quickly rest my head on their shoulder.

"I'll wake you when we get there." Tobin says.

"okay." I say then yawn.

I don't really sleep. I just rest my eyes and enjoy being with my girl.

I like being able to say that.

My girl.

"We're here Astrid."

"Okay." I say then rub my eyes.

I follow my girlfriend out of the bus and through the awaiting fans. Once we're inside the stadium I head straight for the coffee and pour my self a cup. I then tape up my wrists and fingers while periodically drink my coffee.

Once I'm done with my tape job I put on my shorts then Kelley comes and sits in my lap. I then put my hands in my twins hair and run my fingers through it for a minute then put Kelley's hair into her signature pony tail. Kelley then leans back into me as I hold my hands out in front of her then she gets out her nail polish and starts doing my nails.

"What color today?" Christen asks.

"Red, white, and blue for nine of her fingers then green for her right ring finger." Kelley says and grabs the green nail polish.

"Why those?" Ali asks.

"Club and country."

Kelley then focus' on my nails as I rest my head on her back and enjoy the fact that my twin is back in my life.

"Alright I'm done." Kelley says and packs up her nail polish stuff.

Kelley then kisses my forehead and stands up, but I pull her down onto my lap and wrap my arms around her.

"Love you Kelloggs." I say and tighten my grip on her.

"Love you Strides." Kelley says.

That's Kelley's nickname for me.

Kelley kisses my head again then goes to her locker and puts her stuff on so I do the same. Ash, Alyssa, and I head out to do our warm ups then come back in 20 minutes later and put our kits on. After everyone is dressed we walkout with the kids then listen to a WWII veteran play the National anthem on his harmonica which is dope.

When the pregame stuff is over the subs and I head over to the bench and sit down to watch the game.

- - - - -

"Astrid go warm up." Jill says in the locker room at halftime.

"Okay." I say the grab my stuff.

I subtly look at Kelley who shrugs then I follow the keeper coach out to the field.

"Is Alyssa hurt?" I ask.

"She said she jammed her finger so we are taking her out for precautionary measures."

I nod then go through the motions and warm up. After I finish warming up the team huddles on the sidelines then I walk with Tobin towards goal.

"Why are you at left back?" I ask.

"Jill told me too." Tobin says.

That seems very stupid.

"Alrighty then." I say then head to goal. "Nice goal by the way."

A few seconds later the ref blows the whistle and the second half kicks off.

Mexico don't really get into our half, but when they do they defense takes care of it so I'm bored out of my mind. All I'm doing is looking at the crowd and seeing all the signs that have something written about my girlfriend.

"ASTRID." Tony yells cutting off my train of thought.

I look over toward him and see he's motioning me to go down so the girls can get a water break.

"Oh no." I say as I dramatically fall to the ground. "I am injured what ever shall I do?"

"Oh no." Kelley says and falls dramatically down next to me. "My sister is injured what ever shall we do."

"I can't stand you two." Becky says while laughing.

The ref blows the whistle and the training staff run on to the field so everyone goes and gets a water break. The training staff 'check' me over then I get up and act like I'm trying to stretch out a cramp. Eventually the training staff leave and the game restarts.

Sometime later the game actually get's interesting when Carli dribbles toward the end line and passes the ball toward's Kelley. Mal comes out of no where and taps the ball into the net making the game 2-0. Mal then runs over and hugs Carli as some of the girls join the hug before they return to our half.

"YES MAL." I yell when Mal is on our side.

Mal looks back then smiles at me and give me a thumbs up.

A little while later Christen pulls a Christen and makes the game 3-0

"ATTA GIRL PRESSY." I yell when she's within earshot.

Christen turns towards me and gives me her best smile and a thumbs up.

The rest of the game is non eventful so once the whistle blows everyone shakes hands then we do a send off ceremony. Once the ceremony is over everyone heads to the locker room and showers, if they want too, and gathers their stuff then we head to the hotel. When we get to the hotel everyone is free for the rest of the day so Tobin and I head to our room and Tobin lets me shower first then she showers.

"What do I wear tonight?" I ask.

Tobin, Christen, Kling, and Pinoe have a special talk tonight about the company they're starting. Ash, Ali, Jessica, Alyssa, and myself are going to support them then all of us are going to dinner.

"I laid it out on the bed." Tobin says from the bathroom.

"Thank you." I say then walk over to the bed, put on the clothes, and look in the mirror.

Damn my girl has good taste.

"I may need you to help me get a whole new wardrobe." I say as Tobin leaves the bathroom.

"It's a date." Tobin says as I turn around and look at her

"Fuck." I mumble.

"What?"

Guess Tobin heard me.

"You are absolutely breathtaking." I admit.

"You know I'm your girlfriend right?" Tobin says while blushing. "You don't have to flatter me."

"I always will." I say and approach my girlfriend and sit down on the bed in front of her.

"Why?"

"Because it helps me get kisses from those addictive lips."

"Addictive?" Tobin asks with a smirk.

"Yep. I need a million a day to live." I cheekily say.

"Looks like I need to help you today. You may not live." Tobin says then sits on my lap.

"It seems your right." I say then ghost my lips over Tobin's. "I can't even remember what the feel like."

"Let me help with that."

Tobin and I meet halfway and softly kiss each other.

"If it's okay with you, Tobin, I'd like to keep kissing those lips."

"More than okay with me."

"Good." I say then kiss my gorgeous girlfriend.

I'm so lucky.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

The Crown By Alex

Fanfiction

261K 9.2K 74
Anna has had a very hard upbringing, but she's defeated every hurdle thrown her way. But what will happen when her biggest secret comes to light and...
384K 12.1K 85
Keegan has been through way too much in her 30 years of life. She's been through a war, moving from a war torn country to America, playing football i...
Free Solo By Alex

Fanfiction

706K 17.5K 114
Audrey was around the US Women's national team for the first 18 years of her life, but something happened and she's been gone for almost 4 years. Wha...
5.8K 149 29
It's been 5 months since the World Cup. Alex and Tobin are planning their wedding, preparing for the day they go to court with Andy, and thinking abo...