๐Ÿ๐š๐ค๐ž๐ซ. โ†’ embry call

By exposal

โ› Why aren't you afraid of me? โœ โ› Please, I've had worse nightmares about failing my classes... More

๐œ๐š๐ฌ๐ญ โ†’
one
two
three
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten

four

24.8K 765 33
By exposal

❛ rush hour and unsettling comments. ❜

𝐓𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞 𝐦𝐨𝐧𝐭𝐡𝐬 𝐡𝐚𝐝 𝐩𝐚𝐬𝐬𝐞𝐝 𝐬𝐢𝐧𝐜𝐞 𝐁𝐞𝐥𝐥𝐚 𝐒𝐰𝐚𝐧 𝐡𝐚𝐝 𝐛𝐞𝐞𝐧 𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐝. It felt like the time had flown by, but with Mia having been keeping busy with school and work, the days somewhat felt the same. And in a way it was almost as everything had gone back to normal for the girl.

She had heard brief conversations between Jay and Sam that the Cullens had left town late last year, which the girl blamed the quietness of La Push down too. Jacob had yet to shift, and as much as Mia enjoyed spending time with her best friend, it was getting harder and harder to keep the secret of the supernatural from him, especially when he didn't want anything to do with the 'Uley cult', as he put it.

It meant the girl had to be sneaky when it came to meeting up with her other friends at Emily's and Sam's house, but between hanging out with the boy, working at the local diner and homework, the visits to her favourite people had become less and less over the last few months. Luckily the pack understood the human's busy schedule, and each member tried to visit the girl whenever they could so she wouldn't feel left out.

The long period away from the loud and energetic wolves had prompted Mia to make plans as soon as she had gotten a free night. But just as she was getting ready to leave the diner after her shift, her manager quickly convinced her to stay and help with the rush of people they had just gotten from the movie theatre next door. Mia wanted to say no, she really did, but when her boss offered to pay her double for the night, she soon texted Jay and put her dirty blue apron back around her waist.

Many tables came and went over the next couple of hours, and Mia was just about ready to slam her head against a wall once the bell for service chimed for what seemed like the hundredth time that shift.

The girl was slightly temped to spit in the food of the customers who had ordered this late at night. However, she decided against it as she had already a warning from her manager for punching a trucker who put his hand up her skirt a couple of weeks ago.

Plastering a fake smile on her tired face, the teen was quick to place the hot food down onto the table, and it was only as she turned to leave that she heard the small voice call out to her.

"You work here?" Bella questioned slightly awkwardly as she picked at her straw. It took the Kahele girl a couple of seconds to regain her posture as she didn't expect to see the pale girl here out of all the places in Forks, but she soon straightened her back and beamed down at the Swan teen.

"You know what they say, when God closes a door, you work here." Mia replied quickly, laughing slightly at her own stupid joke before stopping once she realised she was the only one giggling. Luckily, the girl Bella was sat opposite quickly spoke up before the situation could get any more uncomfortable.

"Who's your friend Bella?"

The Swan girl soon introduced the two, and before Jessica could comment on how she didn't know Bella had any other friends outside their little group at Forks High school, the waitress was soon whisked back into the kitchen to pick up another order.

Mia thought long and hard about being polite and saying goodbye to the girl she somewhat had a relationship with due to them both knowing Jacob, but once she spotted the two girls stand to leave she quickly ducked behind the counter as she would rather not have to go though the awkwardness of trying to make conversation with the brunette again.

Thankfully her shift had quickly come to an end, the night above her had turned black, and it was nearing the time when Jay didn't want his niece walking down the road to her car on her own due to the motorcycle gangs that seemed to gather there at night. But before she could worry about the scolding she would surely get from her uncle because she went down an alleyway alone without calling him, the familiar pale face of Bella Swan came into her sight for the second time that night.

Jessica stood there screeching at her friend who had just gotten off what seemed to be a random strangers bike, which quickly made Mia groan out in annoyance before jogging over to the duo to hopefully defuse the situation.

"Hey Bella, do you want a ride home? We can catch up on things..." The girl quickly babbled out as she noticed the Swan girl's dazed look on her face, something which wasn't going to be fixed with someone screaming at her.

Thankfully, her friend happily left Bella to get into the brunettes car, and without another word between the two, they were soon on the way back to the Swan household. The silence which filled the car was almost deadly, and Mia soon regretted wasting her gas on Bella, however, she just couldn't seem to get the girl beside hers wide-eyed face out of her head, so she soon spoke up.

"Are you okay?"

"I don't want to talk about it." The Swan girl quickly replied. Even though it wasn't done maliciously, Mia couldn't help but flinch at the girls tone and squint her eyes in annoyance.

"Do you want to ...sing about it?"

Silence filled the car with Mia's rather strange reply and the teen wanted nothing more than the floor of her old beat up Honda Accord to swallow her whole.

A couple more minutes of soundlessness had passed, and it was only when Mia realised there was another twenty minutes of her journey to the Swan residence that she spoke up again.

"Ok, this whole thing you're doing? I'm gonna need you to stop, because I'm about five seconds from dumping you out on the side of the road."

The statement took Bella by surprise, prompting her to look at the girl next to her for the first time since she got into the car. Soon seeing Mia hadn't had a hint of a smile or smirk on her face, the broken hearted girl soon replied.

"I just, I wanted to feel something other than sadness. And when I was on that motorbike, I did." The Swan girl mumbled out as she played with her hands slightly while going back to making no eye contact whatsoever to the intimidating teen.

Mia sighed slightly as she knew all about the girl's breakup with Edward through Billy, and even if the girl beside her didn't know that, the teen had been through heartbreak before, so she did sympathise with the girl. This made her speak out one final time, something she would've never asked the very awkward teenager, especially if she knew what was going on inside Bella's head.

"Fears what keeps you grounded, and if it's the feeling of adrenaline you want, why don't you hang out with Jacob and I tomorrow? We're trying out his new bikes."

o. 𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐩 𝐭𝐞𝐥𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐰𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐧 𝐰𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐭𝐨 𝐝𝐨 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐢𝐫 𝐛𝐨𝐝𝐢𝐞𝐬.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

158K 5.6K 29
โ– ๐™ž๐™ข๐™ฅ๐™ง๐™ž๐™ฃ๐™ฉ ๐™จ๐™š๐™ง๐™ž๐™š๐™จ . ๐ŸŽ๐ŸŽ๐Ÿ. conflicting love. ๐™ธ๐™ฝ ๐š†๐™ท๐™ธ๐™ฒ๐™ท ๐™ฌ๐™ž๐™ก๐™ก๐™ค๐™ฌ ๐™จ๐™ž๐™ฃ๐™˜๐™ก๐™–๐™ž๐™ง befriends a ๐™˜๐™ช๐™ก๐™ก๐™š๐™ฃ, and ๐™ฅ๐™–๐™ช๐™ก ๐™ก๐™–๐™...
52.6K 1.1K 22
[UNDER MINOR EDITING] PREVIOUSLY TITLED "โ„ญ๐”ฌ๐”ฏ๐”ฏ๐”ฒ๐”ญ๐”ฑ๐”ฆ๐”ฌ๐”ซ" ... ๐˜š๐˜ฐ๐˜ฎ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ด๐˜ข๐˜บ ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ธ๐˜ฐ๐˜ณ๐˜ญ๐˜ฅ ๐˜ธ๐˜ช๐˜ญ๐˜ญ ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฏ๐˜ฅ ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ ๐˜ง๐˜ช๐˜ณ๐˜ฆ, ๐˜š๐˜ฐ๐˜ฎ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ด๐˜ข๐˜บ ๐˜ช...
32.6K 663 25
Right before I close my eyes The only thing that's on my mind Been dreaming that you feel it too I wonder what it's like to be loved by you Started:...
3.3K 135 10
I must've done something wrong to be left so lonely. Twilight / Paul Lahote screamstu, 2023