Ride or die

Por brujitaa17

Taking a turn on favorite ship Stella Kidd and Kelly Severide. From the moment they first meet...or so. Más

Part 1 : Where it all started
Part 2: Firehouse 51
Part 3: Knowing her
Part 4 : Severide
Part 5:
Part 6
Part 7 : the kiss
Part 8
Part 9
Part 10: The Date
Part 11
Part 12 : love
Part 13
Part 14
Part 15
Part 16
Part 17
Part 18
Part 19
Part 20
Part 21
Part 22 : A Change
Part 23 : The party
Part 24 : the baby
Part 25 : Olivia Leslie Severide
Part 26 :
Part 27
Part 28 : Back to work
Part 29 : Just a scare
Part 30
Part 31 : Disagreement
Part 33 : Clearer
Part 34 : Stab
Last part : Mr and Mrs Severide

Part 32 : An accident

1.7K 25 8
Por brujitaa17

After that Kelly found himself an apartment, he bought stuff for his daughter and so. He was ready to get his visit but for now the investigation was still on Stella.

In the same week, on her day off the same guy that came to see her was now at her house. It was early, Herrmann's kid had just left and so the house looked a mess.

And the guy decided to arrive just when Olivia was screaming at the top of her lungs.

Stella was gently rocking her for her to calm down.

"Hey come in" she said opening the door wide open.

And so he did, with his eyes big. He couldn't believe the way the place was set up.

"Okay so could I see where this lovely little girl sleeps?" He asked waiting for her to lead the way.

And so she did "so she is currently sleeping in my room, well her bed is there and sometimes she'll just be sleeping with me"

"Um" he said still inspecting the place.

"Um? What does that mean, look that baby is mine. I don't know what is your plan but clearly I won't let anyone take her away from me" she made sure to let him know how she was feeling.

"Look Ms Kidd! You are not showing good faith, not allowing a dad to see his child. Plus divorce papers have been given to you, and you not signing them isn't playing in your favor. You have the whole drug use adding to all of this"

"I've been clean for a long time now, and why would I divorce someone that I still love? Tell me, will you pay him a visit too" she asked and then out of nowhere said "did the dad told you how he used to be high when I was pregnant, how I stressed and had panic attacks?"

But she instantly regretted saying this, was it because the whole situation had her fed up or because she still felt some type way about this. She didn't know but the rest the time the investigator was there she made sure to have her mouth shut.

She sure wasn't like that, not the type to down talk on the person she loved. No matter what Severide was doing to her right now, her telling stuffs on him didn't look good.
_________________________
After a while it was now Severide's time to be investigated. And weirdly Renee did everything possible so that it would be as short as possible of an interview.
So that same guy went directly to the apartment and was about to ask questions while inspecting the place all at once.

"So you are a firefighter too?"

"Yes, I'm the lieutenant"

"Could I please see where your daughter would be sleeping?" He asked and waited.

"Sure right this way!"

The room was really pretty, and when seeing the crib Kelly felt emotional. He was sure missing his baby girl and all of this mess was irritating.
And felt unnecessary but he had to do something to have her back.

The questioning kept going.

"Your wife mentioned a drug use?"

"From who?" He asked confused.

"You, she said and I quote "you use to be high while she was pregnant" he then looked at him with insistence.

"Yes uh I had a shoulder problem, and so I was taking pain killers but nothing too crazy" he explained.

"Um".

"My next question would be how do you plan on doing when you'll be on shifts? Who will take care of your daughter?"

"Well I gave a call to my mom earlier this week, and she would be the one taking care of Olivia"

"Okay"

He asked some more questions and then was on his way.

After giving some thoughts about the whole situation Severide decided to change shifts. So now he wouldn't see Stella anymore.
_________________________
Meanwhile Renee got called by the investigator and so they reunited to talk about the case.

"So what do you think?" She asked him anxious to know if he could see the custody of Olivia being given to Kelly.

"Look if you are referring to which parent could the custody be given to, my answer is nome of them" he clearly said.

"What? Why?"

"Because both parents with some sort of drug use, we don't know if they could go back to it at any time. Plus they both work 24 hours shifts, they barely have time for that little girl."

A pause then he added.

"If I'm being for real, if you are looking to have the best for this baby. She should be away from both parents"

"You think she should be in foster care or something?"

"I mean with the history of drugs, yes probably"

"Um"
__________________________
After that talk Renee didn't know what to do. She was herself a mother but yet she wanted Kelly but not necessarily with the daughter he came with.

Next shift Stella came and saw that Kelly clearly had change shifts.

So Herrmann worried about her asked "are you okay Kidd?" He gently pat her back.

"I think I am, i've learned to be strong Herrmann thats the only way. But shit for my daughter I feel weak, I feel like I want to fight anyone that's in my way for her" she took a deep breath in and out "but i'm trying to stay calm"

"You sure us and our mess didn't ruin anything the other day with that investigator guy?" He was worried for her.

"I don't think it did more than what Severide already started".

"Yeah but maybe it didn't help!"

"Who cares, I just don't understand why! Why would Kelly do this, I love him more than anything. Having a daughter with him was the best thing that ever happened to me. But maybe this whole time the feeling was not mutual" she let out a frustrated sigh.

Herrmann offered her a hug that she happily took. She needed it. It was more than clear Severide was avoiding her and she was worried.

While going on a call she received a call.

It was Renee.

"Yes! Stella Kidd speaking"

"Stella, it's Renee. I need to see you, the divorce papers are already signed by Severide. I need you to sign them"

Stella thought a good moment that she didn't want to sign this papers. But after seeing Severide's attitude, she decided to give in and if he wanted to fight they would fight for custody of Olivia.

"Sure, what time do you need me here" she asked.

"When is your shift over?"

"Around 4, but I have to go get Olivia first. So i guess i'll be there around 6pm. Sounds good? At your office right?"

"Yes, i'll see you there then"

Stella was ready to get this over with. The rest of her shift she spent it worried but yet she did one hell of a job each time.

It was time to leave, and so she saw Severide coming for his shift while going to her car and so she couldn't help but say.

"I hope you're happy, I'm going to sign that fucking divorce!" She faked a smile and left without letting him say a thing.

She took a car, went for Olivia and then straight to Renee's office.

The assistant announced her snd she went in.

"Here I am so where are the papers?" She sat and then sat Olivia on her thighs.

"Here! Would you like something to drink, coffee or water?" She asked.

"No thanks!" Stella said.

"Please a cup of water, I actually need to go with you over this whole divorce thing with you now that you accepted to sign it" she insisted.

Stella found suspicious her insistence but yet she said yes to the cup of water. She was tired, more than usual. This whole situation had her tired, exhausted and her 24 hours shift was no help. Plus Olivia.

She felt like she was drowning.

Renee then got up, got herself a coffee and some water for Stella.
________________________
After their meeting it was time for Stella to go back home, get Olivia to sleep and then sleep herself.

Renee explained to her how long the divorce would take, that the custody battle would still keep going and a date in court would be set up soon.

All that was replaying in her head while she was driving. Was that the best thing to do, she didn't want Olivia to be affected by this and all she cared about was her.

No matter what her parents were going through she wanted to make sure Olivia wouldn't get hurt.

But while driving she was feeling weird, that same feeling she had when she used to get high.

Her vision was not focusing at all.

So she wanted to stop.

But before she could do anything about it, she crashed with another car and lost consciousness.
_________________________
Sirens.

The sound felt far away but yet she heard.

Olivia.

She could only hope her daughter was okay.

The firefighters and ambulance stopped, Stella was still trying however she could to open her door but it was jammed.

On the scene the firefighters were ready to act and help the passengers in both cars. Little did Stella know that Kelly was actually the one called on scene.

"Isn't that Stella's car"

And so he gave order quickly to get everybody out of there. Luckily Olivia was totally fine, the paramedics left with her.

Then Severide proceeded to get Stella out, she was not really responsive but he could see she was hearing him.

"Stella! Stella!"

He found it weird the way she was and then some guy said.

"She's for sure high!" in a funny kind of way.

Which made Kelly pissed but he knew Stella and he knew she wouldn't do that. So he would wait until the hospital to see what was really up.
_________________________
He finished at the scene and then went straight up to the hospital. But since he was supposed to meet with Renee he called her to tell her what happened.

He arrived at the hospital and got to her room.

Will was the one taking care of her, she had just a scratch on her face but nothing major.

"How are you?" He asked her while sitting on a chair near by.

"Good, where's Olivia? I don't know what happened, is she ok"

"The doctors are checking her but she seemed fine" then he added "i'm the one who pulled you out of there"

"Um"

"That's all you're going to say?" He thought she would say more.

"What do you want me to say Kelly? Thank you!"

"It could be a start, you know we don't need to be like this"

And just when he was about to say more Will entered the room.

"Do you remember anything that happened Stella?" Will asked coming in with what seemed like her blood test results.

"No, I just remembered feeling like dizzy or more like high. Yeah high is the word" she said but then proceeded to explain "but It's been almost more than 4 years that I'm clean"

"Are you sure?" He asked taking a look at his tablet.

"Yes!"

"Your blood test beg to differ"

"But how I don't get it" she was confused "i went to get Olivia, went to Renee's office and that it I was going back home"

"I don't know you tell us!" Severide said trying not to get hit up.

But then a nurse came in with Olivia in her arms, she was okay and so she brought her back to her mom.

"Hi baby" Stella got up and took her in her arms while showering her with kisses.

Her little giggles instantly made her feel like everything was going to be better.

Or she thought it would.

Not even two minutes after having Olivia back in her arms, the same investigator came in the room. He had two more people with him.

"Yes!" She said worried.

"We are here to make sure Olivia stays with the right person."

"What do you mean?" And she asked this she held Olivia tighter to her.

"We've been noticed of the accident you just had, and the fact that you were on drugs while driving and having the minor with you makes it worse! We are temporarily giving Kelly Severide custody of the minor Olivia Leslie Severide"

"What! No" she said loudly "you are not about to take my baby from me, I refuse"

"Ma'am you have to give the child to her father!" Said the woman with the investigator.

"I said no!" She kept backing away from them.

But when Severide saw they were about to take Olivia with no gentleness, he got in front of Stella.

"Give her to me!" He said calmly.

She didn't want to, her tears were falling down without her even noticing.

She kissed her head and let Severide take her, and as she was giving her to him she whispered "you did this!"

Her eyes had pain, she was hurt and felt like her heart was ripping from her chest. And as they made Severide leave with their little one, she let herself fall on the floor.

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

9.2K 206 13
Kelly and Stella navigate their lives as firefighters in the CFD. Juggling the balance between being co-workers and a married couple when something u...
16.6K 434 20
Kelly Severide is a ladies man, who doesn't want to settle down. But what happens when he meets Stella Kidd who is also like him. She doesn't want to...
20.9K 601 23
This story picks up after my One Year Anniversary story. Kelly is back from Alabama, and he and Stella are excited about the newest addition coming t...
157K 1.9K 44
Stella and Kelly have had an on-again-off-again relationship for awhile now. What will happen when Stella ends up pregnant? Will they finally admit t...