Break Hearts, Not Promises ||...

Από OfTheCosmos

"It's okay to love them both." She was a good girl. He was a good boy. His brother was the bad boy. ... Περισσότερα

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
32
33
34
♡Epilogue♡
Acknowledgments
♡Character Interviews(Requested)♡
♡Bonus Chapter- 1♡

31

76 8 87
Από OfTheCosmos

♡ If you lose someone but find yourself, you win♡

Caspian looked at me with a hurt expression as Blaze was lead away by the police officers. Blaze looked dazed as he walked away with a lazy smile on his face.

Caspian walked towards me, limping slightly.
"Wow."

"What?",I snapped turning towards him.

"My brother got the girl.",he said.

"Yeah? A girl who was interested in your only for your money, right? How does it matter to you anyway? It's better too, you can have an upgrade. Why don't you call Veronica and tell her? 'Hey Ver! Guess what?! We both can hook up now!'",I said sarcastically.

He stayed stunned for a second.

I don't know where all the attitude was coming from. I could still feel my body pumping adrenaline and my heart beating wildly. My lips tingled as I tried to think straight.

"I don't know where this change is coming from but Amy, what happened?",Caspian asked.

"Are you pretending to be dumb or does that occur naturally to you? After all you've done and said in the past few months, do you really think I was happy?"
My tome suddenly felt heavy. Many people in the shop stared at us.

"Amy can we talk somewhere else? I think we've caused quite a commotion already.",Caspian hissed as he gripped my arm.

"Get your filthy hands off me.",I said as I stepped back. I calmly dug my phone out of pocket and pressed Veronica's contact in my phone. I put the phone to my ear and waited for her to lift the call.

Caspian looked at me in confusion.
"What are you doing?"

I silenced him with my finger as I heard Veronica pick her phone up.

"Hello?",she said, her nasal tone infiltrating my ears.

"Hey! Veronica! Long time, huh? It's me, Amy.",I said cheerfully.

"And I'm supposed to care because..?"

I gritted my teeth but forced myself to take a deep breath.
I smiled into the phone.
"So I was wondering if you'd like to meet up with Caspian. 7'o clock? Eastside Food Corner?",I said.

"Um, are you drunk?"

"No, I'm not. Do you want to or not?"

There was silence on the other end.
Then she said something that I didn't expect her to.
"Amy is everything fine between both of you?"

How damn hard is it to say yes?

With every passing moment, I became more and more restless and anxious. Out of nowhere, I snapped at her.
"Listen here, twat. I asked you a simple question. Just say yes or no. I know you've had an eye on Caspian since day one and you being you will jump at this chance any moment. So cut the bullshit and meet him where I told you at 7.",I said fiercely.

"I-"

I cut the call and put the phone inside my pocket and turned towards Caspian with a sarcastic smile.
"There you go!"

Caspian looked at me with a worried expression.
"What the hell did you just do?"

"I got you a date with Veronica. Voila! You don't have to sneak around behind my back anymore.",I smiled at him. Then I started to walk towards the exit.

I turned around.
"Oh, and also, you should get those checked out.",I said, pointing towards his bruises.

He raised an eyebrow and put up his hands.
I smiled and turned back to walk out of the shop.

For some reason, I felt like a burden had been lifted off my chest. I breathed out heavily, the smile set permanently on my face.

The prospect of meeting Blaze again in a few minutes made me all jittery, as if I was on a sugar rush.

Then I stopped in my tracks. The shop was ten paces behind me. I turned back and walked back into the shop again.

Caspian was still there, while a lady called for the meds of the airport. Caspian saw me walking back into the shop and his eyes lit up with hope for one second.

"Oh and one more thing.",I said.

"What?",he asked hopefully.

"It's over.",I said, loudly and clearly, feeling the non-existent chains around my wrists slowly evaporate.

His face fell. He nodded solemnly and gulped. He turned to face the other way.

I strode out of the shop. For some reason, the hope that I saw in his eyes started pricking at my conscience.

Had I hurt him way more than I had intended to?

                                 ♡

I stumbled into the local police station and cursed the uplifted pavement near the door. One of the officers shot me a weird look and then went back to his work.

I walked around the station until one of the officers stopped me. He was tall and had dark brown hair with piercing brown eyes.
"How can I help you?",he asked. His face was serious.

"Um, I need to um...bail someone out?",I said sheepishly.

He narrowed his eyes.
"Randy! Handle this girl here.",he shouted and nodded at me before walking away.

Then a familiar looking officer walked towards me. He raised his eyebrows in surprise. It was one of the officers from the airport.
"Here so soon? Looks like you both fancy each other way too much.",he chuckled.

I had stop myself from rolling my eyes.
"So what do I have to do to get him out?",I said.

"Is the other guy okay? Does he want to file charges against him?", Randy asked as he led me towards the cells.

"They're brothers.",I said.

"Oh. I see. You'll just have to fill out some forms. Then you both can leave.",Randy said.

I nodded as he made me sit at one of the tables. He handed out a sheet and a pen. I filled out all the details in a few minutes and handed the sheet to Randy.

"That's it then. But he'll have to do some community work as compensation. 3 months.",Randy shrugged and scratched his chin.

"Three months? He'll miss out a third of his college year!",I said.

"Well then if you're willing to help, you can split up the work. Only this month if you both are willing to do it.",he said.

"Done.",I said. Randy smirked.

"Well then, looks like we've got to get your boyfriend out now.",Randy said amusedly as he walked towards the back of the police station.

"He's not my boyfriend.",I mumbled and blushed.

"Soon will be, kid.",he said.

I rolled my eyes but smiled nonetheless. I took off my specs and shoved them into my jeans pocket. I could see just fine without them for a short distance. I straightened up my hair and adjusted my shirt.

Then Randy stopped in front of a cell and waved his hand towards it.

I saw Blaze sitting on the floor with his legs crossed out in front of him and his hands resting behind his back. He closed his eyes as he hummed something to himself.

"Blaze.",I called out. He smiled and stopped humming as he slowly opened his eyes.

I sucked in a sharp breath when I saw his beautiful eyes almost gleaming in the dark. Randy opened up the cell and Blaze got up and walked out, stretching his limbs. His shirt rose a little above his midriff, exposing his toned muscles. I averted my eyes and tried to stop staring.

"I guess you can find your way out from here.",Randy said mischievously as he walked away with a sly wink.

I looked at Blaze and now, he had no problem looking me in the eye.

I crossed my arms and waited for him to say something.

He smirked.
"What was that about?"

"Well, I freed you from jail and the least I expect is a thank you.",I said.

"I wasn't talking about that.",he said as he leaned on the wall behind him, crossing his arms in front of him.

I put my hands on my waist and looked at him.
"Oh. You must mean your fight with Caspian then. A very bad thing to do, Blazey-boy.",I said innocently, waving a finger in air.

He smirked.
"Guess again."

I pretended to think, putting a hand to my chin and resting it on my other hand. I looked up at the ceiling.
"I wonder what you're talking about."

"You don't remember?",he said, making his eyes big and adorable, looking innocent for a second.

"Nope.",I replied with equal innocence.

"Well maybe this will help you remember, then.",Blaze said with a smirk as he pushed himself off of the wall and wrapped his arms around my waist.

He pulled me closer as I stumbled against his sturdy chest.

I gasped slightly as he interchanged our positions, trapping me between him and the wall, chests pressed together.

He placed both his hands beside my head and leaned in next to my ear and whispered,
"Remember something?"

A shiver traced down my spine as I closed my eyes and clutched my shirt tightly.

I gulped and nodded vigorously. I could feel his heartbeat as well as mine and they almost beat together.

"Good.",he rasped as he stepped back.

My heart beat wildly, my entire body tingling with electricity.

Blaze smirked in triumph and ran a hand through his hair.

"You don't win that easily.",I said as I grabbed his leather jacket and pushed him against the wall opposite to us.

"My turn.",I whispered into his ear.

Before he could respond, I pressed my lips against his. His hand trailed down to my waist and pulled me closer to him. I hooked my arms behind his neck, gently playing with the hair on the nape of his neck.

I don't know why the heck I waited so long to do this.

Then suddenly, Blaze pulled back.
"No."

I frowned.
"What?"

He gently let go of me and stepped aside.
"No. I cannot do this. I cannot betray Caspian like this."

I scoffed.
"Betray? I broke up with him, Blaze."

He looked up at me with surprise I'm his emerald green eyes.
"You did?"

"I did."
I smiled at him and stepped closer to him as I hooked my arms behind his neck.

"Was it because of me?",he asked, worry lacing his tone.

"Yes.",I said, looking straight into his eyes.

"Wha-"

"Because you were there for me when I needed you Blaze. You made me break up with him because you proved to be the better man. I didn't want to play brothers but I couldn't help it."
I put my palm against his cheek.
"I fell for the wrong brother in the beginning."

He smiled sadly and pulled me closer to him as he hugged me tightly, his cologne making my thoughts blurry.

I pulled back slowly. I looked into his eyes with amusement.
"Now you don't seem to have a problem looking into my eyes."

He smiled.

"What changed?",I persisted.

"Well, before, whenever I looked into your eyes, I felt guilty about it. Like I was looking at something I wasn't supposed to.",he said.

I raised an eyebrow.
"You're such a drama queen."

He winked.
"Maybe that's why you like me."
Then his expression changed.
"How's Caspian?"

"He's fine. One of the people called the meds. He's probably home by now.",I said.

"I owe him an apology. I reacted way more aggressively than I should have.",he said, remorse filling his tone.

"Hey, relax. He'll forgive you.",I said. Everytime I remembered that Blaze had turned against his own brother for me, I felt mildly horrified as well as fascinated.

The fading light in the cell reminded me that we had to be on our way soon.

Am officer patrolling the cells spotted us.
"Hey lovebirds, get outta here before I put you both back in a cell."

"I wouldn't mind if we were in the same cell.",Blaze whispered. I blushed and softly punched him in the chest before we walked out of the police station, hand in hand.

The evening sky looked beautiful. Even though it wasn't the Hawaii kind of beautiful, it was the home kind of beautiful. It felt like I'd known the skies since childhood and could fly through it blindfolded and still go where I wanted to.

Blaze squeezed my hand.
"The weather is good. We can walk or take a cab. Your choice.",he said.

"I choose walk.",I said with a smile.

"Walk it is then.",he smiled and began to lead the way.

After a while, he said,
"To answer your question.."

"What question?",I said.

"The one about looking into your eyes..I wasn't being completely honest.",he said sheepishly.

"What?",I said as I smiled and tilted my head to the side.

"Of course I felt guilty about looking at you but there was one thing I realized much later on."

"Which is..?"

"I realized I fall in love with you all over again every time I look into your eyes."

                                 ♡

Συνέχεια Ανάγνωσης

Θα σας αρέσει επίσης

See Me Από TellaAlvarez

Εφηβική Φαντασία

15.2M 594K 78
(Complete) After Seren is assaulted by someone in her friend group, she begins to fall deeper into the depths of her depression. No one seems to noti...
1.2K 49 19
I could feel his whiskey eyes on me. Felt him stabbing me with his staring. "Can you stop?" I finally pointed it out after being too.. nervous? "St...
Two of a kind Από Rebekah Coelho

Εφηβική Φαντασία

64 0 15
Maria Sanchez is a 17 year old girl who lives with her older sister, nobody really knows Maria's tragic past and she likes it that way. MARIA: a wild...
His Girl? *NOT FINISHED* Από crystalflowersxo

Εφηβική Φαντασία

4.4K 134 17
Alexis has fallen for the school bad boy. They are complete opposites but she couldnt help herslef. She just had to get a 'taste' of the badboy. Afte...