Silver

Bởi Authortjtristan

anything but mortal. COMPLETED. ****Book 2 in the Grey Saga**** -mature content- After outwitting Lucifer, Jo... Xem Thêm

Before You Begin
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52

Chapter 15

2K 121 14
Bởi Authortjtristan

After I'd showered and gotten dressed again, I waited for Siena to come back to her room, hopefully to tell me Grey wasn't mad. I know he'd been convinced ever since Yosemite that it was, for some reason, my goal to sabotage this mission- but it wasn't. What reason I'd even have to do that is beyond me. I just wanted to experience El Cap for a few seconds, and then- as far as what happened in the lobby- I have no idea. I'm still trying to figure out what came over me. The jealousy had just washed over me like a wave of nausea and I couldn't control it. 

"I'm sure it's fine, Jo. He would never stay mad at you for long. And besides, there's worse things than your girlfriend being overprotective of you. I don't know why he's complaining, frankly. I tried to get Jack to show a little jealousy for years- it always bugged me how annoyingly saint-like he was," Allison rolled over onto her side, sprawled out across the white sheets of the motel bed. The room was dark and smelled musty, as to be expected I guess. The walls were a creamy yellow, and there wasn't any artwork adorning the walls. An old 1980s box television sat atop a peeling white dresser, much like the desk in the lobby. The light on the nightstand flickered slightly. 

"He's been so pissy all day, I just don't know what his deal is. I apologized, didn't I? I just- I don't know what came over me. I mean, there was one time on his plane back to Washington that I body slammed a girl that he used to hook up with because she was being blatantly rude to me and also hitting on him, but I- I had no logical reason to break that poor girls fingers," I replied, drying my hair off with a towel. 

"I would probably body slam a girl for doing that too," she chuckled, rolling onto her back and looking up at the ceiling. "It's probably what Siena said. You're Pledged to him, so of course you're overprotective. And you also just finished your transition, so I'm sure it's hard to control your soul sometimes. I'd probably break someone's fingers if I were Pledged to him. But don't tell Michael that," she winked at me and I rolled my eyes. 

"Siena thinks he's being paranoid. Do you think so?" I asked. Allison pressed her lips together and let out a sigh. 

"I'm not sure. I would say he's maybe being a little paranoid? But at the same time, I mean- it is Lucifer we're dealing with. It's hard to outmaneuver the devil, and that's exactly what we're trying to do. And I'm sure he feels responsible not only for you and Siena, but also me because I'm a new Angel. I'm sure he's very stressed out and thinks that being paranoid will end up protecting us," she explained. I nodded, pursing my lips. At that moment, the door opened and Siena waltzed in. 

"Well?" I raised an eyebrow slightly and she smiled- sort of.  

"He's fine. Just stressed out about this whole thing. He knows you're not trying to sabotage this, he's just a little on edge. He wants to talk to you," she sighed, plopping down on the bed next to Allison. 

"While you're out, do you wanna go check at the front desk if they have any exfoliating scrubs? My skin is in dire need-" Allison began, and Siena shot her a glare. 

"You're funny," I rolled my eyes at Allison, throwing my towel over my shoulder as I walked over to the door. 

"Wasn't a joke, but thanks!" Allison called after me as I shut the door behind me. I walked over to Grey and I's room, awkwardly debated knocking on the door before ultimately deciding just to walk in. Grey was sitting on the side of the bed, his elbows resting on his knees and his head hanging low between his shoulders. He glanced up after a moment. 

"Hi," he mumbled, his eyes drifting over me. 

"Hi."

"I'm sorry I yelled at you. And was short with you all day," he clenched his jaw slightly, watching me as I walked over and sat next to him on the bed. 

"It's okay. I'm sorry I made a scene. Twice," I sighed, tucking my hair behind my ear. 

"I should've expected you to want to see some of the places we were flying over. I know this could very well end in both of us dying. I wouldn't want to take that away from you," he replied softly in return. 

"I probably should've stayed focused. You're right. Someone could've seen me," I relented, pressing my lips together. 

"You were going too fast. Nobody saw you," he huffed. 

"I'm sorry I crushed an innocent girl's finger and blew our cover. I didn't mean to," I shrugged. Grey clenched his jaw, reaching over and taking my hand in his, running his thumb across my knuckles. He pulled my hand up to his lips, pressing them to the back of my hand. 

"I know," he hummed against my skin. "I didn't anticipate your soul to bleed through as much as it did. I didn't anticipate the emotional response you might have. I should've. Newly transitioned Angels feel everything more strongly. Of course you reacted." 

"Thank God for Suggestion," I chuckled dryly and he pulled his lips into a thin smile, affirming the notion. "So, are we- are we okay?" He sucked in a breath, running his index finger across the lines in the palm of my hand. 

"We're okay," he nodded. "We'd be more okay if you'd waited to shower with me, but we're okay," he added with a smirk. I rolled my eyes, resting my head against his shoulder. 

"Water was cold anyways, wouldn't have been much fun," I replied. 

"I'm offended," Grey snickered, "-showering with me is always fun."

"Mmhmm," I hummed sarcastically. 

"You say that as if you think differently," he raised an eyebrow slightly, the pad of his thumb gripping my chin and tilting it upwards. 

"I do not think showering with you in frigid water would be fun, no," I retorted, my lips curling into an amused smirk. He ran this thumb across my bottom lip, dragging it down slightly. 

"Is that a challenge?" A slow smirk grew across his lips, his silvery blue eyes flicking back and forth between my eyes and my lips. A lock of his midnight hair fell down across his forehead, falling right in between his eyebrows. I didn't say anything. I didn't know what to say, because regardless of what I said, I knew what was coming. Me #thatswhatshesaid 

Okay, just kidding. But also, seriously. 

"I'll take that as a yes," his smirk grew and he stood up, gripping my hand and leading me to the bathroom. He reached into the shower and pulled the handle towards us. Huh. Maybe it was only Allison and Siena's shower that was cold. A few moments after the water began to pour from the shower head, steam began to rise up against the tempered glass. 

I was about to say something, but Grey silenced me, pressing his lips against mine with heated fervor. His hands tangled in my hair, backing me against the door and pressing his hips against mine. My hands found their way up his chest, furling around the fabric of his t-shirt. His teeth grazed my bottom lip, and I shivered. Everything had been so insane lately, it's like I had forgotten how much I loved kissing him. His hand gripped my hair tighter as his lips trailed down my jaw to my neck. I felt my eyelids flutter shut and I dragged my fingernails across his shoulder-blades. 

"How long has it been?" He breathed against my neck, his teeth nipping at the delicate skin. How long had it been? I think the last time we- 

I had been human. I had been an Awakened, yes- but I was human. 

"The night before you were taken," I whispered, furrowing my brows slightly. Grey pulled back a little, looking down at me underneath those dark lashes. 

"Really?" He hummed lowly, his brows scowling. "Aren't I an idiot?" He chuckled, his voice throaty and baritone. He leaned down, solemnly pressing his lips to mine. "I hope you weren't intending on getting much sleep tonight, mea bellator," he breathed, nipping at my lips. I smirked as he kissed me deeper, tugging again on my hair. 

At this point, the bathroom had begun to fog up. We were probably wasting what little hot water this trashy motel had. Grey pulled away, reaching back and pulling his t-shirt over his head, throwing it aside.  

Mmm. Why hadn't we been doing this more?

My teeth dragged across my bottom lip as my eyes followed the lines of his body. 

Mine. He was all mine. 

"We're not going to make it to the shower if you keep looking at me like that," he grumbled lowly, his eyes beginning to glow through the steamy air. He sauntered back towards me, gripping the hem of my shirt and pulling it over my head without warning. His fingertips gripped the waistband of my shirts, pulling my hips back against his. 

Even though the tiny room was far too hot and humid, goosebumps erupted across the surface of my skin. His head dipped into the nape of my neck, teeth grazing against my skin as his fingertips danced along the edge of my shorts. I ran my hands up his chest, my breath shaky now. 

"God, I love you," Grey's breath fanned my ear as he kissed the underside of my jaw, now tugging the waistband of my shorts and underwear slowly down my legs. 

"I love you too," I whispered, my fingers now furling around the belt loops of his jeans. I was impatient now. Grey let out a low chuckle, kissing his way down my body as he tugged off the only clothes I'd had left. His eyes were glowing now, that vivid cerulean blue that both terrified me and had me enthralled. They wandered up my body, taking their sweet, painful time. His jaw clenched and he stood back up, towering over me. His clothes followed mine, finding their way to the floor in an unorganized heap. 

I let out a shaky breath. 

I don't know why I was nervous. We'd done this before. 

But something about Grey made me nervous. Something about him made my heart want to beat out of my chest, made the butterflies in my stomach seem more like nuclear warfare, made my hands tremble like a terrified child. Something about him made me feel so weak. So small. 

He must've felt my anxiety, because he tilted his head slightly to the side, furrowing his brows slightly as if to ask if I were ok. I pressed my lips together and nodded. He let out a breath, leaning down and pressing his lips gently against mine. 

"We'll take it slow," he breathed against my lips. I nodded and he offered me his hand, opening the shower door. With one last deep breath, I looked up at him, the love of my life, and took his hand. 

HEYYYYYYOOOOOOO. Hope y'all enjoyed that steamy (literally) sesh. Sorry I don't write smut. Not my thing. But I gave you that, so enjoy. 

I'm SO stoked because my friend Livie helped me come up with literally the rest of the story because I had kind of the outline, but she helped me connect it all together and NOW ITS SO GOOD GUYS THERE'S GONNA BE SO MUCH SHIT YOU BEST BE PUMPED

I saw After yesterday! It was pretty good, I'm a little disappointed ? 

Like there were so many differences between the movie and the book, and I sort of expected there to be some differences but there were soooooo many and I was confused how Anna Todd had been involved in the production and allowed all that. I dunno. Maybe it's just because I know if Grey/Silver ever became a movie, I'd be so particular about everything. I just see this all in my head so vividly, having it be different would be a disservice to not only the book, but also to you guys. 

I dunno. Just my thoughts. 

Alright. I'll be back in a tad. 

Love you all. 

-TJ

Đọc tiếp

Bạn Cũng Sẽ Thích

12.5K 1.2K 50
Some things are stronger where they have been broken, other things shatter with the slightest pressure. Loyalty, secrets, and souls can do both, but...
32.2K 2.5K 36
Hate, knowledge, loyalty, and love - everything has a price, but the highest is power. What would you pay? » ✦ « Jordan wished there was more to lif...
329 74 35
THEY CALL HIM RECKLESS And he was. Sebastian was a dangerous figure, the one that you would step away from when crawling down the street, the one yo...
379K 17.1K 43
🖤 The completed version is now only available for free on Inkitt🖤 (link in bio) Second book in Angels, Gods & Demons series ...