The Trials and Tribulations o...

By babyblu96

Now that her and Lucas are together, the real struggle begins. More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty-Four
Chapter Thirty-Five
Chapter Thiry-Six

Chapter Thirty-Two

513 30 4
By babyblu96

Today was the day Lucas and I were flying to New York for his new business. I was excited to get away for a couple days but I was more excited to spend some time with Lucas. He had been working late lately so I haven't seen him as much as I would like to.

I was currently putting the finishing touches on my make-up. Lucas had gotten me up early so that we wouldn't be late. Packing alone was a task for me, I didn't know what to bring.

"All the bags are in the car. Are you ready to go?" Lucas asked coming into the bathroom where I was.

"Yea just check myself out one last time."

"From where I'm standing you look damn good," he said biting his bottom lip.

"We have a plane to catch." I moved to walk out of the bathroom but he blocked me by stepping in front of me.

"It's my plane and it moves when I tell it to." He bent down kissing my lips softly.

"You have a meeting tomorrow so we need to get going."

"Fine then you will owe me when we get there."

"Walk," I said pointing to the door. He smiled kissing me one last time before turning around and walking out the door.

We finally got to the plane and got on to take our trip. Usually I like to take in the view but this time I was tired. All I wanted to was take a much needed nap.

By the time I was out, it felt like I was being awoken by Lucas. Lucas had our stuff loaded into our car and then we headed to the hotel, the Four Seasons. I waited in the car while Lucas went in to check us in. I wasn't really in the mood to really do any unnecessary walking or standing.

"Everything's is ready," Lucas said opening the door and holding up the room key.

"Then let's go." I got out and followed him inside the hotel. Lucas had gotten us a suite on the seventh floor. Soon as I walked in our last time being in a hotel came flooding back to me. The last time all hell broke loose and I was left alone.

"What's wrong?"

"Just thinking about the first time we were in a hotel room together."

"It didn't go so well, did it?"

"I say far from it."

He turned me around to face him. "This time will be different. This time we both know how we feel about one another."

"It feels like all that happened yesterday."

"Maybe, but at the end of the day I'm the lucky one."

"And why is that?"

"Because I ended up with you as my wife." He said smiling grabbing me by my waist and kissing me.

I was sleep on the couch when I felt something touching me. I opened my eyes to see Lucas kneeled down in front of me. I felt like I had been hit by a bus. I had plans today while he was gone but I couldn't get myself off this couch.

"You're back."

"And you were sleep."

"I was watching TV, I guess I fell asleep," I said rubbing my tired eyes. "How were the properties?"

He ran his hand down his face sighing, "None of them were right. They were either over budget or just wrong period."

"I'm sorry baby. I guess this trap was a bust."

He shook his head, "We still have tonight and I have some things planned." He was now smiling secretly. Whenever he had this look I knew he was doing or planning something big or special. Sometimes he would go so big that I felt overwhelmed or that I wasn't good enough for such things. I knew Lucas loved me and that was all that mattered. I would keep enjoying every little or big thing he would do for me because I knew he was only doing it for me.

"What do you have planned?"

"Just be ready by six and I will meet you by the door."

"And how should I dress?"

"Sexy, but comfortable," he said winking at me. He kissed me and then got up heading for the door.

"Where are you going?"

"To make some last minute decisions for tonight."

"Well, can't you give me a little hint on what we are going to be doing tonight?"

"No hints. I want it to be a surprise."

"But I want to know," I said pouting. Sometimes pouting would make him break and I would get what I wanted. I was waiting for his face to soften but it never did.

"No hints. Now I gotta go, you just be ready." He smiled and then walked out the door without another word.

I decided to wear ripped blue jeans with a white crew neck tee and a blue jean jacket along with all-white Vans. I straightened my hair so that it could hang loose down my body. I didn't put on much makeup because I didn't want to over do it.

When it was time came I went downstairs to meet Lucas. He was waiting in the lobby smiling wide. He was dressed very simple as I was just in jeans and a t-shirt. I walked up to him turning around so he could see me.

"You look very comfortable," he said pulling me to him.

"But still very sexy."

"Very, very, sexy." He bent down kissing me tenderly. I wrapped my arms around his neck pulling him even closer to me. I bit his bottom lip making me groan in my mouth. Before I could continue he pulled back clearing his throat. "As much as I am enjoying this, I think we should remember where we are."

I looked around and saw some people were looking at us. I bit my bottom lip looking at him. "Maybe you're right. Maybe we should go back to the room and finish this, and forget about the surprise."

"Not a chance. We can finish this when we get back."

"So, are you going to tell me where you're taking me?" he didn't answer and just grabbed my hand walking outside. He stopped in front of a dark blue Vanquish Aston Martin.

"Whose car is this?"

"Ours, for the night that is."

"Can I drive," I asked smiling.

"On the way back, but since I'm the only one that knows where we're going I'll drive us there." We got in and Lucas took off. I watched as the bright buildings past by us. Lucas reached over grabbing my hand smiling at me. I was enjoying our time together more than anything.

Twenty minutes later we arrived and I looked around. "Welcome to Coney Island," Lucas said smiling at me. I sat up taking in the site before me. I couldn't believe this was his surprise.

"So this is the big surprise?"

"Yep. What do you think?"

"I love it. I'm glad I didn't get too dressed up."

We got out of the car and went to buy some tickets so that we could get on the rides. I was literally jumping out of my skin. I was so excited.

We went spent two hours trying and riding every game we came across. I felt like a little kid again. All the stress I felt from home just erased. We were about to call it a night but I wanted go on the Ferris wheel before we left. The city looked so magical from up in the air. The wheel kept going and then stopped mid air. Looking down it felt like we were miles from the ground.

"That's a long way down."

"Don't worry I got you," he said taking my hand and kissing it.

"You're amazing."

"So are you having a good time?"

"More than you know. I really needed this."

"So how is the wedding planning going?"

"Actually I left everything to my mother. Granted she has driven me crazy but she is enjoying herself and seems to have everything under control."

"I would've thought you would want to plan it yourself."

"I realized that I was way too busy to plan a wedding and my mom wanted the job so I let her have it. Speaking of moms, are you going to invite yours?"

"Our wedding day is our day and I don't want it ruined. We've come along way to get to where we are and I just want to enjoy it."

I snuggled up to him. "Me too."  

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

146 8 4
As tragedy strikes Anna's family, she finds love.
545 32 20
In a complex world, two people struggle to find themselves. And each other.
55.8K 1.4K 26
it hurts being confused and just friends .... she doesn't love me the way I do... Their complicated road against themselves to be together.
485 68 20
Olivia Stone has a bad past, hopefully her new life will be better than the old one.