Falling for my best friend [O...

By KittyWritesStories

Kaede Akamatsu joins Hopes Peak Academy only to find a boy who becomes her best friend, Shuichi Saihara. With... More

Welcome!
Chapter 1: Meeting my best friend I
Chapter 2: Meeting my best friend II
Chapter 4: Getting to know my best friend II
Chapter 5: Getting to know my best friend III
Chapter 6: Going out with my best friend I
Chapter 7: Going out with my best friend II
Chapter 8: Going out with my best friend III
Chapter 9: Getting to know my best friend IV
Chapter 10: Getting to know my best friend V
Chapter 11: Playing for my best friend I
Chapter 12: Playing for my best friend II
Chapter 13: Playing for my best friend III
Chapter 14: Going out with my best friend IV
Chapter 15: Getting to know my best friend VI
Chapter 16: Getting to know my best friend VII
Chapter 17: Getting to know my best friend VIII
Chapter 18: Jealousy of a best friend I
Chapter 19: Jealousy of a best friend II
Chapter 20: Jealousy of a best friend III
Chapter 21: Jealousy of a best friend IV
Chapter 22: Losing my best friend? I
Chapter 23: Losing my best friend? II
Chapter 24: Losing my best friend? III
Chapter 25: Losing my best friend? IV
Chapter 26: He's more than my best friend
Announcement
Chapter 27: Breaking the news I
Chapter 28: Getting to know my best friend IX
Chapter 29: Breaking the news II
Chapter 30: Accidents Happen I
Chapter 31: Going on a date I
Chapter 32: Going on a date II
Chapter 33: Girl's Night Out I
Chapter 34: Girl's Night Out II
Special Chapter: Beach Day I
Special Chapter: Winter Resort I
Chapter 35: Girl's Night Out III
Chapter 36: Decisions and Secrets I
Chapter 37: Decisions and Secrets II
Chapter 38: Rumors and the Truth I
Chapter 39: Rumors and the Truth II
Happy birthday, Shuichi!
We're finally here!
Chapter 40: Rumors and the Truth III
Chapter 41: Rumors and the Truth IV
Chapter 42: Rumors and the Truth V
Chapter 43: Rumors and the Truth VI
Chapter 44: Rumors and the truth VII
Chapter 45: The Piano Competition I
Chapter 46: The Piano Competition II
Chapter 47: Hope for my best friend I
Chapter 48: Hope for my best friend II
Chapter 49: Hope for my best friend III
Chapter 50: Hope for my best friend IV
Thank you

Chapter 3: Getting to know my best friend I

4.5K 67 61
By KittyWritesStories

I was staring at him, but he didn't notice me. All of the students were focused on the teacher. I slowly opened the door entering class. "U-um... I'm sorry, I'm late."

"Miss Akamatsu! How dare you come late to my class?!" I jumped at the sudden shouting. Everyone was staring at me with mixed expressions. Some were laughing, some showed sympathy and others were confused. I walked towards the teacher with my head low. Best first impression, right? It felt like forever walking to the front of the room. I handed him my note, "Sorry I was in the nurse's office." He looked at it, then scoffed throwing it at his desk.

"Looks legit. Sit next to Mister Saihara." Does he really think I would fake a note? I sighed and looked at everyone. Their eyes were on me and I felt my cheeks turn red. Everyone sat in pairs and the only empty seat was next to that boy. Of course he is the only one alone. I sat next to him putting my books down. He handed me a couple pieces of paper.

"He passed out these earlier and I didn't know if you would make it so I got extra for you." I smiled at him. He's weirdly considerate. How did he know I was in his class? Probably from an attendance check or something.

"Thanks, mister Saihara?" He blushed softly.

"Y-yeah. I'm... Shuichi Saihara."

"My name is Kaede." We just stared at each other until I heard the teacher cough.

"Late to my class and trying to distract other students? Miss Akamatsu, you're not looking good on my book! Everyone read through my syllabus and ask if you have any questions." I sighed and looked through the packet. Shuichi and I didn't exchange another word creating an awkward silence between us. I looked around and saw that everyone seemed to be close friends. He's a little awkward, but really nice. Maybe we can be friends. I decided to break the awkward silence. "Thanks for bringing me to the nurse's office. It was really nice of you."

He looked away lowering his cap. "No need to thank me, Kaede. I caused you to fall and then you passed out. I had to make sure you were okay." You didn't cause me to fall... I bumped into you. I couldn't help, but smile. We continued class and was assigned reading in our textbooks. I packed my bags sighing as I held the heavy books in my hands. Pulling out my schedule, I looked for my next class "What is FT?"

"It stands for free time. Like a break." I looked st Shuichi zipping up his backpack. He had a skinny and fit body and was about the same height as me. He wore a cap that covered most of his jet black hair. He turned to me and noticed I was staring. He blushed looking away. "Sorry, I thought you needed help." This entire morning he's caused a smile to form on my face. I remembered that my locker number was on my ID. "I'll stop there, then. Shuichi, do you know where the lockers are?" He nodded and we left class together. "Didn't you say that you were new? You seem to know quite a bit." He shrugged rubbing the back of his neck.

"I just remembered some of the stuff we learned at our entrance ceremony. They told us the basics about our schedule and the structure of the school."

"Wow, you remembered that stuff? I tried not to fall asleep." We both shared a laugh as I looked at my ID again. "Do you happen to know where locker 236 is?"

"Yeah it's actually near mine, 241. It's a floor above us." I followed him as we headed to our lockers. I shoved my jacket and books sighing in relief. Shuichi was across the hall stuffing his books. He turned back heading towards me. Looking at him now, he also had a soft, clean face. He was your typical boy next door, but it seems like he's been through a lot. I didn't realize I was staring until he coughed blushing softly. "I'm sorry, Kaede. Am I bothering you? I don't have any friends since I'm new..."

"What? No, not at all, Shuichi! I just thought I saw something... It's nice having a friend around. I don't have anyone else, too." He gave me a genuine smile. Don't look at me like that. It's such an awkward, yet cute smile. I shook my head. I need to stop staring. I think we could be really good friends. "Anyways, I'm guessing you have free time, too?" He nodded. "What should we do?" Before we could think about it, a couple girls walked up to me.

"Hey, are you Kaede?" I nodded a little shocked. "Nice to meet you! I'm Miu Iruma! This is Maki Harukawa and she's new like you!" Miu was really perky and Maki seemed a little shy. Kind of like she was being dragged into this.

"Nice to meet you two. You said Maki is new so I'm guessing you're not?"

"That's correct! I've been here since kindergarten." I heard Shuichi make a small cough sound. "Oh sorry, didn't see you there. Woah, you're cute!" Shuichi and I were taken aback at her forwardness. "Oh, sorry is he your boyfriend?"

"No!" I exclaimed a little too loudly. "Uh I mean, no he's just my friend."

"Hi, I'm Shuichi Saihara."

"Nice to meet you!" Maki hadn't said a word this whole time.

From across the hall we heard a group of boys talking. "Hey, Shuichi! Come over here!"

"You know those guys?" I asked.

"Yeah, we met at the entrance ceremony. I'm not sure what they want, though."

"Well, go then." I smiled and nudged him over there. "I'll see you later, okay Shuichi?"

"Yeah see you, Kaede." As he headed towards them, I looked back at Miu who had an angry expression on her face.

"What's wrong?" I asked.

"Nothing. Those boys are just so annoying. They hit on every girl they see and can never shut up. Make sure your boyfriend doesn't turn into one of them."

"I-I told you he's not my boyfriend!" I sighed. "Anyways.. I had a question. What do you normally do during free time?"

"Well, since this is morning free time you can chill with friends at the usual hang out spots throughout this school or head to the cafeteria and get some breakfast."

"But beware, there are cliques everywhere." That was the first time Maki spoke. She had a soft, cute voice but there was an eerie tone in that sentence.

"Oh yeah, the main nerds hang on the second floor near the computer lab. Populars hang in the cafeteria, jocks are always in the gym or out in the field and artists are on the fourth floor! Normally we hang on the third floor where there are tables to just chat and do work."

"And what about the piano?"

"Huh? Oh yeah, our school bought a piano, but no one uses it. Do you like playing the piano?"

"Oh I love it!" I exclaimed, but coughed to hide my excitement.

"Are you any good?" Maki asked.

"Oh I'm alright I guess. I've played in a few competitions." A few is an understatement. I won the National Piano Competition when I was 7 and won the Dedicated Global Piano Competition last year. I was practically born on the piano, but I hate bragging. If I want to show that I'm good I'll play.

"Oh you should show us! Since it's free time and there's no work to do we can try it out!"

"Oh I'm not su-"

"Hey you wanna be friends with us right? This is a ticket to being in our friend group!"

"But we approached her..." Maki quietly said. I smiled and looked at them bickering.

"Sure, why not?" Miu's eyes lit up and I could see Maki sigh, but she give me a soft smile. We talked as we headed to the first floor.

Once we entered the piano room, my eyes lit up. Standing in front of me was a beautiful-untouched black piano. I could feel my fingers start to play a melody already. I walked to the piano and sat on the seat lifting up the heading.

"Wow, you look comfortable!" Miu exclaimed. I blushed, but she wasn't wrong. The piano is my home. "What should you play though?"

"Hmm.. oh I know! Erik Satie's Gymnopédie No. 1."

"Erik who?" I chuckled and readied my hands to start playing. As my fingers glided across the keys, the piano sang a beautiful melody. When I play the piano, I feel myself engulf in each ring of every key creating a space around me no one can enter. I love it, I love this world. I didn't realize that Miu's mouth was gaping open and Maki had wide eyes. I also didn't notice Shuichi listening standing at the door.

Uploads every Monday, Wednesday, Friday 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

521 13 27
Saiouma Story ( ja ich schreibe es auf Englisch) Ultimate High School Au (my Au) Kokichi Ouma (The Ultimate Supreme Leader) is a mysterious liar who...
59.8K 2.2K 41
You enrolled in Hope's Peak College Program hoping that you'd reach great heights as the Ultimate Forensic Scientist. Things went great at first. You...
8.6K 221 33
Shuichi Saihara's life is perfect. He has the perfect internship for his perfect talent at his perfect high school run by his perfect family. That's...
16.4K 527 10
❝𝐈𝐌 𝐆𝐎𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐁𝐀𝐂𝐊 𝐓𝐎 505, 𝐈𝐅 𝐈𝐓𝐒 𝐀 𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍 𝐇𝐎𝐔𝐑 𝐅𝐋𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓 𝐎𝐑 𝐀 𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐓𝐘-𝐅𝐈𝐕𝐄 𝐌𝐈𝐍𝐔𝐓𝐄 𝐃𝐑𝐈𝐕𝐄 ❞ . . . ꗃ...