Insomniac (insomniac reader x...

Bởi edgeyfrisk-the-human

"To die to sleep to dream" - Shakespeare To die is to sleep to sleep is to dream If one cannot sleep wouldn... Xem Thêm

Introduction
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7

chapter 3

1.3K 57 108
Bởi edgeyfrisk-the-human

Since you have nothing better to do, you decide to explore Sans's house a bit.
you notice a rock covered in sprinkles on a table by the entrance.
you silently approve.
you had a deep appreciation for rocks..or did you?
you wouldnt remember anyways..
you dont bother snooping through the kitchen just yet, deciding instead to snoop around the living room first.
there is a comfy looking green couch across the room from the television.
you decide to flop onto it resulting in an unexpected snapping sound.
startled, you immediately scamper off the couch.
the couch seems to be fine, but you dont want to risk it by getting back on.
(if they get most of thier belongings from the dump it would make sense that there couch is broken therefore someone threw it away.)
there is a small table next to the couch with a book on it.
you've always been a heavy reader or no..you dont remember.
you decide you want to explore a bit more.
so you'll probably read it later, that is..if you can read it..

you decide to venture upstairs.
you arent going to sanses room yet considering he is still in there so instead you wander into what you can only assume is his brothers room.
it has a stop sign on the door along with caution tape and other do not enter signs.
its not like those kinds of things have never stopped you before..or did they? you dont remember.
(The 'not really a memory jog' feeling thats been recently getting shorter in distance from the previous ones, are getting kind of annoying.)
inside the room, you immediately notice a few things that really stand out.
those being a box with bones in it, a bookcase, a door, and a desk with a computer.
as you venture further inside and look towards the left to see a race car bed, a table with action figures, and a skull and crossbones flag on the wall.
your once again hit with that 'not really a memory jog' feeling.
why are your forgotten memories so stubborn, why cant they just leave you alone?
why cant you just start over without any remnants of a life before?
even though your curious about the room, you'd rather not trigger that feeling again, so you decide to leave rather than to explore that area further.
you walk down the upstairs hallway passing a painting of a dogbone, it doesnt trigger you, so you appreciate it.

you continue down the hallway passing sanses room,
and stare at a widow that seems to have a balcony outside it.
youve always wanted a balcony, or no you didnt, did you?
even though the 'not really a memory jog' feeling is back, you decided to climb out the window on to the balcony.

you walk over to the railing and look out at the scenery surrounding you.
its nice, being up here..
its calm, tranquil, quiet..
its unfortunate that it cant last forever..
balconies are a place of reflection and peace.
a safe space.
oh..

I remember..
✡⚐🕆 ☼☜💣☜💣👌☜☼☜👎 💧⚐💣☜❄☟✋☠☝
❄☟✌❄💧 ☠⚐❄ 💧🕆🏱🏱⚐💧☜👎 ❄⚐ ☟✌🏱🏱☜☠
the memories within..
☜☼☼📁☼✏☯🖂💣☜💣⚐☼✡👌☼☜✌👍☟🖂☸✏☜☼☼📁☼✏☯🖂💣☜💣⚐☼✡👌☼☜✌👍☟🖂☸✏☜☼☼📁☼✏☯🖂💣☜💣⚐☼✡👌☼☜✌👍☟🖂☸✏☜☼☼📁☼✏☯🖂💣☜💣⚐☼✡👌☼☜✌👍☟🖂☸✏☜☼☼📁☼✏☯🖂💣☜💣⚐☼✡👌☼☜✌👍☟🖂☸✏☜☼☼📁☼✏☯🖂💣☜💣⚐☼✡👌☼☜✌👍☟🖂☸✏☜☼☼📁☼✏☯🖂💣☜💣⚐☼✡👌☼☜✌👍☟🖂☸✏☜☼☼📁☼✏☯🖂💣☜💣⚐☼✡👌☼☜✌👍☟🖂☸✏☜☼☼📁☼✏☯🖂💣☜💣⚐☼✡👌☼☜✌👍☟🖂☸✏
can we forget again..
✌☹❄☜☼✋☠☝ 👎✌❄✌

you walk over to the railing and look out at the scenery surrounding you.
its nice, being up here..
its calm, tranquil, quiet..
it feels safe..
its unfortunate that it cant last forever..

sans finally leaves his room and must have noticed the open window because a little while later he appears next to you.

"what are you doing out here?" he asks.
he seems concerned, you wouldnt blame him considering you crawled through a window to get here.

"just enjoying the view, what about you?" you say, continuing to look at the surrounding scenery.

"looking for you.." he says, "I finished getting the room set up".
there is a short silence in the air before you answer.

"oh..ok" you say.
the silence returns.

"hey sans?"you ask, "does anyone live in that shack there?".
you point towards the structure next door.

"oh thats just the basement/garage." he says, "its for holding captured...prisoners, my brothers on the royal guard so.." he seems uncomfortable.

"oh, so i probably couldn't and wouldnt want to be in the situation where I'd have to live there then." you say.

"pretty much" he says.
the silence returns once more.

you both just stand on the balcony looking out at the view in silence.
its nice, being up here..
its fortunate that it can last a little longer.

"hey [*you*]" he starts.

"yeah?" you ask.

"it really is a nice view" he says.

"yeah." you say. "to bad it cant last forever.."
you sigh, and reluctantly head back inside.

sans seems to have paused for a second, but appears inside a little while after you.
he follows you into his room, closing the door behind him.
his room is not too messy but it wouldnt make sense for it to be super messy considering he just spent all that time trying to get it to look presentable.

"[*you*].." he starts.
he seems tense.

"yeah?" you ask.

"are you able to reset?" he asks.
he sounds serious.

"reset?" you ask.

"if you died, could you reverse time and try again?" he asks.

"I dont know, I dont think ive ever died.." you say.

"ok.." he says.

you're about to ask why, but decide against it.
you walk over to the left side of the room and plop down on a mattress.
You look over at sans as he flops onto the other mattress.
He looks tired, and like he wants to forget something too.
But even if he did, he probably wouldn't tell you.

You wonder why you keep things from other people.
Is it because they keep things from you?
Or is it because you don't want to burden them and they don't want to burden you?
Or is that just a lie you tell yourself as a reason to keep lying about what you want and how you feel.
Have you been so blind as believe that lie?
And how do you expect anyone to see the truth behind the lies?
But at the fore front of your mind all you really want is to forget why your lying and that your lying at all.
Why can't you just be a completely blank slate?
Why are there still fragments there?
And...
Why the f*ck can't you sleep?
Sans had fallen asleep awhile ago so you tried to sleep as well but your eyes won't close.
You don't remember ever being able to blink at all so maybe you just can't sleep..
But if that's the case, how the f*ck are you supposed to function?
Isn't sleep a necessity to live?

I mean you could probably go blind from never closing your eyes because your eyes would dry out and could get permanently damaged, not to mention sleep is necessary for memory retention, well that might explain the lack of memories..but it still seems like a bit too much of your memory is gone for it to be solely just that.
Not to mention that even though it's rare for some one to die from lack of sleep it's still possible.

It's finally really starting to sink in, that you could die.
Your shaking, why are you shaking?
Why?

*a scream from the other side of the room interrupts your thoughts*

You look over to see sans gasping for air.
He's crying..
Did he have a nightmare?

"Sans, you ok?" you ask.

"F-*[you]?!" He says practically jumping out of his skin, well that is if he had any.
"your still awake?" he asks, wiping the tears off his face.

"yeah, turns out I cant sleep" you say, "like..i physically cant sleep, cant even close my eyes."

"so your experiencing insomnia then?" he asks.

"nah, well yeah, but I think its more then that.." you say.

"what do you mean?" he asks.

"I physically cant blink, I haven't been able to it at all, I dont think i can" you say, "I tried and it doesnt work, its like my eyes are stapled open."

"now that I think about it your right, I haven't seen you blink once since I met you." he says.

Thankyou sans, thats VERY reassuring *sarcasm*

"isnt sleep nessisary for human survival though?" he asks.

"yeah, I might even die if I go too long without it.." you say, "but I cant sleep, I cant sleep sans."
your shaking again.

"y/n, your shaking.." he says.
way to point out the obvious sans, then again..he looks pretty concerned.

"oh yeah, i guess i am.." you say.

He seems even more concerned than he was.

"y/n-" he starts, but you cut him off.

"sans do you have any books about what happens to someone without sleep?" you ask.

"no, but the librarby might have something" he says, "be right back."
he teleports away, returning about a minute later, a bit out of breath, with a book in his hand.

"I think this might be it." he says.
he hands you the book titled Health Line.

he seemed to have bookmarked a chapter called How Long Can You Go Without Sleep? Function, Hallucination, and More.
you open it to that chapter and start reading.

-
How long can one go?
The longest recorded time a human has gone without sleep is approximately 264 hours, or just over 11 consecutive days. Although it's unclear exactly how long humans can survive without sleep, it isn't long before the effects of sleep deprivation start to show.
After only three or four nights without sleep, they can start to hallucinate.
Prolonged sleep deprivation can lead to:
cognitive impairments, irritability, delusions, paranoia, and psychosis.
Some effects of going 24 hours without sleep include:
drowsiness, irritability, impaired decision-making, impaired judgemental, altered perception, memory deficits, vision and hearing impairments, decreased hand-eye coordination, increased muscle tension, tremors, and increased risk of accidents or near misses.
Symptoms of 24-hour sleep deprivation usually go away once they've slept.
Staying awake for just 36 hours can have intense effects on thier body.
their sleep-wake cycle helps regulate the release of certain hormones, including cortisol, insulin, and human growth hormone. As a result, going without sleep for an extended period of time can alter several bodily functions.
This includes thier:
appetite, metabolism, temperature, mood, and stress level.
Some effects of going 36 hours without sleep include:
extreme fatigue, hormonal imbalances, decreased motivation, risky decisions, inflexible reasoning, decreased attention, and speech impairments (such as poor word choice and intonation)
After two nights of missed sleep, most people have difficulty staying awake. They might experience periods of light sleep that can last up to 30 seconds. During these "microsleeps," the brain is in a sleeplike state. Microsleeps happen involuntarily. After a microsleep, they might feel confused or disoriented.
Staying awake for 48 hours also disrupts the immune system. Inflammatory markers, which help thier body prevent and target illnesses, start to circulate at increased levels. Some research from a Trusted Source has shown that natural killer (NK) cell activity decreases with sleep deprivation. NK cells respond to immediate threats to thier health, such as viruses or bacteria.
After 72 hours without sleep, most people experience an overwhelming urge to sleep. Many are unable to stay awake on their own.
Going three days without sleep profoundly limits the ability to think, especially executive functions such as multitasking, remembering details, and paying attention. This level of sleep deprivation can make it difficult to see even simple tasks through to completion.
Emotions are also affected. People who have undergone this level of sleep deprivation may be easily irritated. They may experience a depressed mood, anxiety, or paranoia. Research has also found that sleep deprivation makes it more difficult to process others' emotions. In one study, participants with 30 hours of sleep deprivation had difficulty recognizing angry and happy facial expressions.
Finally, several days of sleep deprivation can significantly alter perception. They might experience hallucinations, which occur when they see something that isn't there. Illusions are also common. Illusions are a misinterpretation of something that's real. An example is seeing a sign and thinking it's a person.
Sleep deprivation can change both thier appetite and the types of foods they crave. Studies from a Trusted Source suggest that sleep deprivation is associated with both an increased appetite and an increased desire for foods associated with weight gain. However, consuming empty calories can ultimately leave them more tired.
Eating well may offset some of the effects of sleep deprivation, but only to an extent. Since thier body is conserving energy, they should opt for lean, protein-rich foods, such as nuts and nut butters, cottage cheese, or tofu. And avoid fatty proteins, such as steak or cheese. These will make them sleepier.
Dehydration can exacerbate the effects of sleep deprivation — such as grogginess and difficulty concentrating — so it's also important for them to drink plenty of water.
-

im going to die..fun.

✡⚐🕆 🕈✋💧☟

~
Sources
https://www.healthline.com/health/healthy-sleep/how-long-can-you-go-without-sleep
http://grompe.org.ru/static/wingdings_gaster.html

Thank you all for reading !
It's not even close to being over yet but..
I wanted to thank you anyways.

^-^

Now go buy CrusnikRoxas a coffee ☕️
And I highly recommend reading her stuff if you haven't already
She writes some really good stories.
;p

Đọc tiếp

Bạn Cũng Sẽ Thích

355K 13.2K 40
PLEASE READ BEFORE GETTING INTO THE STORY Description: Your name is (Y/n) and you are originally from an au called Dreamtale! Your life hadn't been...
40K 1.7K 14
I have always been unlucky with love huh... I'm the 'Unrequited Love Repeater' that's right. It's almost like Cupid himself hates my entire existence...
19.1K 568 31
'It's all my fault...' 'Now he's gone...' 'If I would have listened, and believed him....' "I'm sorry," H...
52.6K 1.5K 22
Y/N was a human from a brand new AU...which was practically nothing. They were eventually rescued by the Star Sanses...only to be taken prisoner by t...