Slow Down

By starboylies

(UNDER EDITING) *BANG* Screams. Painful, screams. *BANG* Madison Beer was just 17 when her mother died. Ship... More

Chapter 1: 'London Gatwick Airport.'
Chapter 2: 'Bangers and Mash'
Chapter 3: 'American Girl'
Chapter 4: 'Old Cousin'
Chapter 6: 'Grounded and Humbled.'
Chapter 7: 'That's Not A Real Name'
Chapter 8: 'Posh Little Prick.'
Chapter 9: 'There's Your Change.'
Chapter 10: 'Patwick?'
Chapter 11: 'I'm Not Interrupting That'
Chapter 12: 'El Beso' part 1
Chapter 13: 'El Beso' part 2
Chapter 14: 'Blueberry Muffin.'
Chapter 15: 'Deadly, fam.'
Chapter 16: 'Shut up, Danish.'
Chapter 17: 'Truth or Dare?'
Chapter 18: 'La Meurte' Part 1
Chapter 19: 'La Meurte' Part 2
Chapter 20: 'My fucking muffin!'
Chapter 21: 'I love you, Lewis'
Chapter 22: 'Spit it out.'
Chapter 23: 'The Date'
Chapter 24: "He's working in Tesco?"
Chapter 25: 'Lets see if I laugh.'
Chapter 26: 'Always a pleasure.'
Chapter 27: 'I bet she is.'
Chapter 28: 'A place called Heaven.'
Chapter 29: 'Promise?'
Chapter 30: 'Is everyone in a gang in London?'

Chapter 5: 'She's always like that.'

52 4 3
By starboylies

Rey and I got home within half an hour. Match traffic wasn't as bad I thought it was going to be.

As soon as we stepped back in the apartment, Rey ran over to the couch, turned on the TV and started watching Victorious.

It wasn't long before my aunt got home whilst we were both watching TV.

"Hi girls. How was the match?"

Rey jumped up and started running towards my aunt. Oh great. I facepalmed myself physically this time as Rey started jumping up and down.

"Mummy! Patwick called Madison pwettyyy."

Oh god.

Thanks Rey.

My aunt looked at me and started smirking. "Did he now?"

Rey continued to hug my aunt before she ran back over to the couch.

"Don't. Even. Start."

She laughed. "Wasn't going to. Oh by the way, your shift starts at 7."

I nodded before getting up and walking to my room. I put my phone on charge and walked to my makeup table. I re-straightened my hair and put on some lip gloss. I changed into some black jeans and a black vest top as I knew the staff were required to wear black clothing.

Once I finished, I grabbed my phone, put it back in my bag and walked into the living room. Rey was on the couch and aunt Jessie was in the kitchen.

I walked over to Rey and gave her a hug before turning to my aunt. "Okay I'm going now."

"Okay sweetie I'm just waiting on the baby sitter for Rey and then me and tom will be right down. I'll text you directions."

I nodded before walking out to my car. I got in and sighed as I turned it on and pulled out of the apartment complex parking lot.

It turns out he pub was really close and easy to find. I pulled into the parking lot and walked in through the main entrance. I was instantly greeted by a middle aged woman with short blond hair.

"Hello. You must be Madison. I'm Lisa, me and my husband own this pub."

I shook her hand and said a quick hello before she continued.

"I'll take you through to the back, so you can meet your co-workers."

I nodded and followed her into the back. She called over two girls. One of them had dirty blond hair and the other had jet black hair. They were both gorgeous.

"This is Chanel and this is Alice, they work on the same days as you, Tuesday, Friday and Saturday."

I smiled at her and then looked at the two girls again. Silence. "Right then, I'll leave you girls to it. I'm sure they will show you the ropes." She quietly shut the door and left.

The black haired girl, Alice, spoke first. "I know you're new and American and all that crap, but stay out of my way please. I don't need any extra annoyance in my life. Thanks."

She strutted pass me and bumped my shoulder on her way out. Well. She's nice.

"Don't worry about her. She's just cranky because she's on her period."

I laughed.

"Actually, scratch that. She's always like that. I'm Chanel."

She extended her hand and I shook it. "I'm Madison."

Chanel seemed really cool, and we talked for a while. She talked about how much of a bitch Alice is. It turns out I was starting the same university she went to. I told her about New York and even though I had only just met her, I already felt comfortable enough to tell her about my mom and why she's the reason my dad moved me here. She was really kind about it and understanding. I always felt better when I opened up, I wasn't a closed off kind of person.

"Oh by the way. The chelsea footballers come in here after every match and boy are they beautiful. Lewis Baker. Wow. He's fit."

That's when the thoughts come rushing back. Patrick. I had almost made myself forget about my encounter with him.

I had to ask. "Erm Chanel?"

"Yeah?"

"Do you know a player called Patr-"

"Patrick Bamford? Gorgeous isn't he. Unfortunately for you, Alice is obsessed with him and she'd rather rip out her own extensions then let any other girl look at him."

I sighed. Shit. She must of saw the disappointment on my face because she patted my shoulder. "If it's any consolation, you can tell he doesn't like her back and she gets right on everyone's tits 24/7.

I smiled at her and decided to tell her about meeting him. Chanel was someone I could really get along with. We exchanged numbers and she taught me how to work everything behind the bar.

Soon enough, at around 8:30, my aunt came in with I presumed, her boyfriend Tom. I walked over to their table.

"Madison! This is my boyfriend, Tom."

She gestured to the man beside her. "Hi Madison, your aunt has told me a lot about you."

I smiled and said hello before my aunt pulled me down to whisper something to me. "The team has just pulled up outside."

She winked but I shook my head and rolled my eyes. I walked over to Chanel and gave her the eyes as to say 'god help me'

"What's up with you?"

"My aunt just said the team pulled up outside."

She smirked. "Good. That won't be the only thing that's pulling tonight."

I laughed as I understood what she meant. Well, at least I hoped I did.

I heard the door open and Chanel's eyes widened.

I swiftly spun around on my heels to face the group of boys walking in. There he is. Amongst all the chaos I could still find his gorgeous blue eyes.

His hair wasn't as messy as it was before, it was perfectly styled. He was wearing a light grey jumper and black, ripped jeans.

Perfection was just an understatement. It really was. I was interrupted from my thoughts by Chanel flicking me on the arm.

"Ow! Chanel!! What was that for?"

"Stop drooling. Do you want Alice to see you? Jesus. And I wanted to show you Lewis. Look at him."

She pointed over at a man, who was sitting down next to Patrick. He was a lot more tanned than Patrick, it was probably his natural skin tone whereas Patrick looked like he'd been abroad and got a tan. Lewis had short black hair. He was tall but not as tall as Patrick. He was definitely attractive and I could see why Chanel liked him.

"He's cute. He's all yours though." I laughed.

She smiled. "Good. I'm guessing you are still in love with Patrick so I don't have to worry."

I slapped her arm. "I'm not in love with him!"

"In love with who?" Alice's annoying voice rung through my ears. "Erm no one."

I didn't know what else to say. She looked at me sceptically.

"Whatever. Give me that tray would you. I'm ready to go wait on my man." I knew exactly who she meant. I turned around and rolled my eyes as I grabbed the tray and handed it to her.

Chanel mocked her as she walked away. We started laughing as we watched her walk to their table. Of course, she went straight over to Patrick. I could see her obvious attempt at flirting from over here.

"How embarrassing." Chanel read my thoughts. We laughed again and carried on working.

It had been like an hour already since they first came in and I just loaded up a tray of drinks, ready to take over to the family in the back. It was always a trick walking out from the bar because the toilets were right next to it. I collected myself as best as I could and started to walk, holding the drinks steadily.

I was too busy focusing on the drinks to notice someone coming towards me. I started shaking with the drinks and slipped.

"Woah there. Careful."

I recognised that deep voice. I looked up to meet his gaze. He smiled gently at me as he held onto my arm.

He stopped me from falling.

Bejesoiepwpwkebeuwpqpfndiwkmwndskks

Okay. I'm fine.

"T-than-nks."

I could barely speak. He was so captivating.

He chuckled. "It's okay, love. Be careful, yeah?"

'Love'

Hm.

Okay.

I'm fine.

"Um yeah. Thank you again."

He smiled before walking past me and towards the toilet.

I tried to regain my confidence and I stood up straight. I can do this.

You. Will. Not. Like. Him. Madison.

Who am I kidding?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.7K 140 16
Angsty, slow burn, sports romance. Bella is a smart and accomplished women in her late twenties living in London. She might be a wee bit neurotic an...
14.8K 437 42
𝐃𝐨𝐧𝐧𝐲 𝐕𝐚𝐧 𝐝𝐞 𝐁𝐞𝐞𝐤 〔🖤 〕 𝘐𝘧 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘸𝘢𝘯𝘯𝘢 𝘣𝘦 𝘮𝘺 𝘣𝘢𝘣𝘺, 𝘬𝘯𝘰𝘸 𝘐'𝘮 𝘨𝘰𝘯𝘯𝘢 𝘥𝘳𝘪𝘷𝘦 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘮𝘢𝘥 𝘗𝘳𝘰𝘣𝘢𝘣𝘭�...
149K 1.3K 44
When the daughter of super star athlete Lionel Messi meets one of his former teammates she falls head over heels in love with him. Will it work out?
57.6K 1.1K 29
Emerson Taylor, straight A student. Everyone knows her name. She has the popularity and the looks and the athletics and the best friend, and the sens...