Falling Slowly ⤖ Roger Taylor...

By candyappletree

"There were some things set in stone in the world: the sky was blue, the grass green and you loved Roger Tayl... More

Did I Just Say That Out Loud?
Some Guy, But Not This Loser
I'm Not With You
Is She Here To Stay?
Rog, Are You Jealous?
Too Close
Are You Crying ?
Just Talk To Him
Sorry For Being A Bitch, Rog
Don't Say His Name
She Awakens
I Had A Dream About You
I Don't Dance
She's My Girl
I'll Remember This
He's Going To Her
She's Different
Is It About Ava?
A Pretty Girl, Rog
An Asshole That You Kissed
I'm Gonna Tell Her
Lucky Me Then
Can I Go First?
Everything you need
Inevitable What Happens
Don't Give Up On Us
You Look Like Shit
You're all mine

A Man Can Dream

2.2K 60 84
By candyappletree

You and Roger were sitting on the couch, cross legged and laughing about something he had said. The embarrassment of falling asleep on him had worn off and you were glad he had come over last night. It was 10 am and a Friday. You had an off from work with Miami and the boys had no gigs or recordings planned. Their album release party was Sunday night and that was all.

"God, I can't believe this is the reason you chose to push me away" Roger said, looking around your tiny home.

"It's a trailer and I hate it. Don't blame me for not wanting to look like a hobo in front of you" You explained, remembering the fight you'd had a few weeks ago.

"Do you really think I care about where you live?" He asked "I've seen you at your absolute worst- I've seen you throwing up your guts, crying after a bad date and now in your ugly ass pajamas-"

"Hey!" You said and shoved him "They're cute"

"Only on you! If you took them off, they would be the ugliest pair of pajamas ever" He said, staring down at them.

"Oh and why the hell would I take them off?" You asked, raising an eyebrow.

"I don't know, a man can dream" He said and you laughed.

"Shut it!" You said and picked up a pillow to throw at him. He caught your wrists, stopping you before you could and toppled you on the couch.

He held your wrists in his hands and you laughed, trying to get out from under him.

"That's like the third time you've tried to hit me in the last twenty four hours. I think we have a problem" He said, holding you down, his blonde hair falling on your face as he held you with his weight. His face was so close to yours and you felt your breath hitch as you looked up at his baby blue eyes.

"Well maybe I just hate you" You said, your voice coming out breathily.

"Oh, do you?" He asked, his voice dropping low.

"Hm" You said, unable to speak much or say anything at how close he was. He was so gorgeous. You two stared at each other in a moment of silence as you looked into his eyes. Your eyes drifted down to his lips and when you looked up at him, he took in a breath and closed the distance, kissing you.

"Roger!" You said and pushed him off "I haven't even brushed my teeth, I probably have really bad morning breath!"

"Then why were you looking at me like that for?" He asked, getting off you.

"Looking at you how?" You asked and lifted yourself off the couch.

"Like you wanted me to kiss you!" He said, frustration on his face.

"Well..." You trailed off. You always looked at him like that but saying that out loud would be outrageous "I'm going to go brush my teeth and wash up. If you want to have breakfast, there's some stuff in the fridge" You got up and headed to your bathroom. You heard him sigh in frustration and you ignored it. He was such a drama queen. You opened up your cabinet, and took out the tube of toothpaste as you heard him rummage through the kitchen.

"Do you have any orange juice?" He asked. You squeezed out some paste onto your brush and lifted it to your mouth.

"Can't you just check?" You said back, through a mouthful of paste. You heard him look around a couple more till the sound stopped. He had probably given up already. You spit out in the sink and when you lifted your face up to look in the mirror, you screamed. Roger was standing behind you. His hands came on your waist, gripping you tightly and he spun you around to face him.

"Get rid of the morning breath now?" He asked and pulled you forward, kissing you.

"Roger-" You started to say but got cut off by his lips on yours. His grip on you was tight as he pressed his body flush against yours. You thought about pushing him away for kissing you without your consent but you let yourself get distracted as he held onto your thighs and lifted you on the bathroom counter.

"You taste like mint" He murmured between kisses and you laughed.

"How can this be the first thing you do when you wake up?" You asked while you put your hands on his chest.

"Well, I already took a shower" He said, pretending to think hard.

"Wait what?" You pulled away.

He nodded, a smug smile on his face "I woke up, took a shower and-"

"And got back on the couch?" You asked, bewildered.

"Couldn't let you wake up alone" He smirked. He woke up and then got back to cuddling you? You leaned forward and kissed him again, pulling his face to you by your hands in his hair. His hair. You could touch it forever. Your stomach grumbled and you pulled away again.

"I'm starving" You said.

"Well, I'm right here" He said and you shoved his chest.

"I'm serious, Rog" You said.

"Well, what do you wanna eat?" He asked, his hands resting on your thighs.

"You ask me that like you're going to cook it yourself" You said. He raised an eyebrow and said "What's wrong with that?"

You hopped off the counter and you went to the kitchen. Right there on your kitchen island lay a plate of freshly made scrambled eggs and bacon.

"Oh and, I made breakfast" Roger said at your surprised expression, an impossibly big smile on his face.

It was a few hours later, and after breakfast Roger had left. He said something about talking to Ava. Apparently he was an asshole to her last night. You were still feeling amazed at the fact that he had gone through the effort of waking up before you, rummaged through your very disorganized kitchen and have the energy and motivation to make you breakfast, then fall back asleep so you would wake up in his arms. He was the absolute best friend you could ever ask for. Since you had moved a lot, you hadn't really found one constant friend that you could stick by. You didn't even one have girl best friend who probably would have come very handy in a situation like this. But then you'd joined Jim and met the band and in a matter of months, they were the closest thing to you.

Your phone rang and you scrambled across your home to get it. It was Freddie.

"Hey, Fred!" You said.

"You seem happy today" He said, a suspicious tone to his voice.

"Maybe I am" You said, twirling the phone cord in your hands as you sat down.

"Is it because of a drummer boy?" He asked and you rolled your eyes.

"I do have other things in life rather than thinking about boys all day long. Why are you calling?" You asked.

"The release party. It's going to be a huge event, the wildest party you'll know. I have a favour to ask, will you be Brian's date?" He asked, excitement in his tone.

"Why can't he just ask me himself?" You asked "And I don't have anything fancy to wear"

"Well, you still have a couple of hours till the shops close so please get something extraordinarily beautiful. And he can't make it to the phone right now, so he told me to ask"

"Wait, who is Roger going with? Please don't say Ava" You said, waiting for his response and you bit your lip in anticipation.

"Darling, she basically forced him to take her, its out of his hand. Anyways, it's just one party don't worry" Freddie said and you felt your heart sink. Of course she would force him.

"We made out earlier" You said, flatly. It probably didn't hold as much meaning to him now that you think about it.

"Last night? Yes he told me, love" Freddie replied.

"No, today morning. He...uh, slept over" You said "Not that it matters. I'll go buy a dress, don't worry. I'll meet you there"

You didn't wait for Freddie's reply and hung up. This is exactly why you shouldn't have let yourself get so carried away with Roger. Then you wouldn't feel so bad right now. Your phone rang again, probably Freddie calling to ask you what was wrong but you grabbed your wallet and headed out. There was a boutique that Freddie had taken you to earlier and it was surprisingly close to your place so you found yourself there.

You walked in, taken aback by the variety of dresses they owned and were on display. You felt like a movie star honestly whenever you came here. You went through tons of dresses until you found one which fit you just right. It was a black velvet dress that hugged your curves perfectly. It had a very low neckline and straps that hung loosely, the hem was assymetrical and it showed more legs than you would be okay with. The straps were studded with silvers and Freddie would absolutely love it.

"He's basically the hottest person there, so I have to look just as good!" You heard an all too familiar voice. You walked out of the changing room barefoot and saw Ava talking to a stylist. She was dressed in a full length emerald green gown, with a plunging neckline and a slit that started from her thighs. She hadn't noticed you come out so she went on talking "I mean, I can't believe we'll finally go out together. It's been ages and I missed him and us so much. He's just so great, you know?" She said, adoration in her voice as the stylist adjusted the dress. It probably cost a grand.

"He's the drummer, you said?" The stylist asked, looking up at Ava, also not taking notice of you.

Ava nodded proudly "We were so good together. We probably won't ever be a thing again but I would be happy with just one more night of him. That's how satisfying he is in bed. Now all he does is talk about this one girl-"

You cleared your throat. You really did not want to hear more. Both Ava and the stylist's head snapped towards yours and the smile on her face fell instantly.

"Y/N, right?" She asked, as if she didn't know the name. You nodded, as she sat down on the bench and her dress pooled at her feet.

"I didn't expect to see you here" She said, taking note of your dress.

"Well, I am the band's lawyer. Of course I'm going to be at the release party" You said.

"Their lawyer, right" She said, enunciating "Doesn't look like something one would wear"

"Well it's good I don't really care about that" You said and sat down opposite her, slipping on your shoes.

"I was just telling Kiara here how Roger's taking me, he did tell you right? He was apologizing like crazy for being rude to me last night, said some shit about not wanting to hurt me on purpose and this was the perfect way for him to make up to me" Ava said, pointing to the stylist and back at you.

You nodded, your lips in a thin line "I'm going with Brian"

"I was just helping him pick out what to wear for the night, not that it'll matter by the end of it" She said, smiling to herself. You and Roger weren't a thing but that was a pretty shitty thing to say. In her defense, she didn't know you had feelings for him.

She noticed your expression and said "You must excuse his behaviour really, he's always been that way with women. He sometimes doesn't know it himself. He's always been getting attention from the ladies"

You nodded again, strapping on your shoes.

"Have you slept with him?" She asked, her lips in a pout. You looked up at her and before you could respond she cut you off "You're having your heart set up to get broken. He's a great man but he can't stick to one woman. He's a rockstar, and you're a lawyer, I mean. There's no match there"

You looked at her in the mirror as she adjusted her dress but kept on talking.

"I mean Roger deserves everything and he never settles for less. He wants the best in life. He's glamorous, outrageous, beautiful, rich... My advice is... don't get involved with him if you can't give him those things" She kept talking and you stood there staring at her, listening. You didn't want to but she gave you no choice. You despised Ava in the moment as she stood there, pulling at the straps of her dress babbling on about Roger. Kiara sat there, listening too, in awe and you wanted to snap out of that moment.

"Ava, I really appreciate you trying to help, or whatever it is you think you're doing but I'm not asking for it. Honestly" You said to her, as politely as you could.

"I'll see you at the party then" She said, a perfect smile on her face. She got up and took off her dress. She was wearing a lacy black bra inside and matching underwear. She fluffled her blonde curls and said "Pack that up. I'm definitely wearing it. It's going to be an amazing, unforgettable night"

It had been two days since Roger had slept over, and you hadn't talked to him since then. You felt really strange going this long without talking to him. You'd spent the whole day resting and figuring out how to do your hair. There was a knock on your head and you opened it to see Brian, dressed to the nines in a purple tux and a wide smile on his face.

"Wow, you look... beautiful. Roger is going to freak" He said, taking in your appearance. You were in your velvet dress and you'd pinned up half of your hair, the rest hung around your face.

"So do you. You clean up nice" You said and hugged him, ignoring his reference to Roger. You got in his car and he turned to you and said "I can't thank you enough for agreeing to be my date. It would be mortifying showing up alone to my own party"

"It's all right, Brian" You laughed.

"I know you wanted to go with Roger and he might kill me if I stay too long with you-"

You cut him off "No, Roger has a date already"

"Ava?" He asked and you nodded. Brian turned away, obviously he wanted to say something but he stopped himself.

You reached the venue and the outside was filled with press. Brian took your hand and led you through the chaos to the entrance. Just at the door, people were taking pictures and Brian slipped his arm around your waist as you posed. You were smiling widely for a photographer with Brian when you saw him.

Roger and Ava had just arrived. He was in a white tux, with buttons open so his chest was visible, and jeans that hung below his navel. Multiple necklaces adorned his neck and his hair was still messily arranged around his head. Ava looked like a goddess standing next to him, with her perfect hair, makeup and gown that left a trail behind her. You swallowed and smiled at them. Roger hadn't noticed you by then because he was laughing at something Ava said, and she leaned in to whisper something to him. He let out a loud laugh, his arm around her waist and then turned around to see you. You gave him a tiny wave awkwardly as you stood across the room from each other and his arm around her immediately dropped when he saw you. Even though it had only been two days, it felt like an eternity since you'd seen him. The smile on his face fell when he saw Brian's hands on you but his mouth opened up, in awe, when he saw what you were wearing. His eyes widened when he took in your appearance and you could feel them raking across your body, head to toe. You were doing the same to him, basically checking him out in front of a hundred people. He started to head towards you, as if he had an urgency to say something, but was stopped by a slew of photographers jumping in front of him asking for pictures with his date.

You wanted to talk to him too, but you were dragged in another direction by Brian as he started introducing you to people. You smiled through the conversations, trying to figure out any time in between when you could go talk to Roger, and he was wondering the same thing. You turned your head a couple of times, your eyes scanning the room for him. You spotted him by the corner talking to an agent, and he noticed you looking. He smiled at you and you smiled back. It was ironic really. You were both dying to talk to each other in the same room, but you just weren't able to. You sighed as you saw Ava lean in and kiss Roger's cheek. It was going to be a long night.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

180K 5K 38
A miracle transports you back in time to 1975 glamorous London, where you run into none other than Queen, performing at a bar, in all their early glo...
2.5K 119 12
Brian and Roger meet at the beach, and then a bunch of stuff happens. A bunch of weird stuff. Contains memes, memes and more memes. Surprisingly, it'...
28.9K 1.8K 31
(Completed July 2019) Roger's mind has grown bigger and his life was starting to change in a snap, and liking his best friend was the cold, red cherr...
95.9K 2.4K 40
𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘣𝘦𝘢𝘶𝘵𝘺 𝘪𝘴 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘳𝘦, 𝘣𝘶𝘵 𝘢 𝘣𝘦𝘢𝘴𝘵 𝘪𝘴 𝘪𝘯 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘩𝘦𝘢𝘳𝘵.. in which fate brings together a woman who insists she doesn'...