Malum {Undergoing Major Editi...

By Lxrxib

{Blue Rose Awards Thrid Place Winner March 2019} Eighteen-year-old Maia has lived a rough life full of hardsh... More

Authors Note
Chapter One: The Meeting.
Chapter Two: The Origin.
Chapter Three: The Reason.
Chapter Four: The Past.
Chapter Five: The Road trip.
Chapter Six: The Man.
Chapter Seven: The Warning.
Chapter Eight: The Reading.
Chapter Nine: The Woman.
Chapter Ten: The Truth.
Chapter Eleven: The Charm.
Chapter Twelve: The Idea.
Chapter Thirteen: The Search.
Chapter Foreteen: The Chalice.
Chapter Fifteen: The Dream.
Chapter Sixteen: The Hike.
Authors Note
Chapter Eighteen: The Want.
Chapter Nineteen: The River.
Chapter Twenty: The Vision.
Chapter Twenty-one: The Group.
Chapter Twenty-two: The Hell.
Chapter Twenty-three: The King.
Chapter Twenty-four: The Room.
Chapter Twenty-five: The Meaning.
Chapter Twenty-six: The Feelings.
Chapter Twenty-seven: The Return.
Chapter Twenty-eight: The End?
Chapter Twenty-nine: The Question.
Chapter Thirty: The Reappearance.
Chapter Thirty-one: The Person.
Chapter Thirty-two: The Back-story.
Chapter Thirty-three: The Agreement.
Chapter Thirty-four: The Act.
Chapter Thirty-five: The Training.
Chapter Thirty-six: The Library.
Chapter Thirty-seven: The Information.
Chapter Thirty-eight: The Probus.
Chapter Thirty-nine: The Light.
Chapter Forty: The Preparation.
Chapter Forty-one: The Power.
Chapter Forty-two: The War
Chapter Forty-three: The Tragedy.
Chapter Forty-four: The Death.
Chapter Forty-five: The Resolution.
Chapter Forty-six: The Funeral.
Chapter Forty-seven: The Solution.
Chapter Forty-eight: The Stars.
Chapter Forty-nine: The Ceremony.
Chapter Fifty: The Love.
Chapter Fifty-one: The Conclusion.
Final Authors Note
Announcement

Chapter Seventeen: The Virtues.

80 23 24
By Lxrxib

I blinked several times, trying to get my bearings in the right place. We definitely weren't in Hawaii.

Looking around, I began to absorb the scene around me. Beautiful waterfalls gushing down sides of cliffs, falling gracefully into a vast ocean. Trees grew around us, engulfing us and making me feel small. Stone paths were made in between the maze of trees. The paths were lined with flowers of all sorts and colours that were blooming from everywhere. The sound of the birds songs and the gentle wind welcomed me into this world. Looking around, all I see is beauty...beauty beyond compare. The water was so clear that I could see the fish swimming in it. So many fish I never knew existed, more than science has every discovered. Birds flew over head and chirped loudly as if welcoming us. The sun shined bright but the temperature was just right. It was like the temperature conformed to your liking.

We began to walk the path, while I was still in awe of the place. I forgot that the Sins and Joshua were still with me and I began to be "one with nature" as they say. I tore my eyes from the captivating scenery and looked at Joshua. His eyes were widened, as if he wanted to take in more of the beauty than his eyes were capable of. Then my eyes drifted to the Sins, they looked so bored as if they've seen this place before. Every time they came across something I deemed beautiful, they scoffed and rolled their eyes.

"What is wrong with you guys? This place is amazing!" I scolded.

"Maia," Pride started, "do you know where we are?"

"No! But this place is amazing!" I commented.

"We are in Heaven, Maia."

My eyes widened in shock as I absorbed Pride's words. This was Heaven? It certainly lived up to my expectations and maybe even more. The place suddenly became more beautiful as time went on: the gentle sway of the trees, the sounds of the waves splashing as they greeted each other and the sounds of people chattering. The people talking was the most mundane thing about this situation because the beauty of the place was unrivalled.

"Close your mouth Maia, a fly might go in," Joshua teased.

***

We have been walking this path for the past hour and all I want to do is rest. The pain in my legs was so severe that I could feel the tears pricking my eyes. I struggled to keep my balance and force the tears to stay back. I could feel every muscle in my body cry in pain as I took each step forward.

I saw an old man walking ahead, who looked like a normal human, nothing so fancy about him. He had a cane in one hand and suddenly he fell onto he ground. Instinctively, I ran forward to help him up.

"Are you okay, sir?" I asked.

"O-oh yes child, thank you so very much," he replied.

I helped him to his feet and gave him his cane that flew a metre away. He walked away and I turned around to be face to face with a girl. She had red hair and it looked so vibrant , her embrald green eyes glowing in the sun and hee white dress flowing in the wind.

"Y-you?" I stuttered.

"Hello Maia," she greeted.

"Y-you are that woman! The one at the beach?!" I struggled.

"Yes Maia, I am Kindness, one of the Seven Heavenly Virtues."

"K-kindness? V-virtues?"

"Yes, you helped that man who fell and you willed for rest, didn't you?"

"Y-yes," why was I stuttering?

"You did an act of kindness, so I returned the favour. My kindness to you is to provide shelter for you and your...companions," she explained.

"Oh, I see you've met my counterpart?" Envy commented.

"Hello Envy," she greeted, not a single muscle twitched on her face..

"Did you miss me?" He teased.

"Honestly, yes I did," she replied.

"Y-you did?" Envy looked stunned.

"Yes, I missed having an annoying pest that keeps following me," she smiled, with eyes glowing greener than usual.

Envy smirked and mimicked the green in her eyes.

"Hey guys look! It's kindness!" Someone yelled.

The girl waved gently at the boys.

Joshua' POV:

I saw the woman approach our group right after Maia helped that man up. Maia always does kind things to people, which made me fall in love with her even more, but that woman...who was she?

"I'm Kindness, one of the Seven Heavenly Virtues," she introduced. I was hypnotised by her beauty. Her beautiful pale skin complimented her red hair that flowed until her hips. Her green eyes shining brightly in the sunlight, causing me to swoon. Her dress draped over her shoulders exposing her shoulders and neck. It flowed till her calf and the back flowed till the ground.

Stop it Joshua! You are with Maia.

I fell in love with Maia and I won't fall out of love with her. The "love" I felt for Kindness isn't the kind of love I want. I love her looks, her body, not her personality. I love Maia for what's inside not outside, not to brag or anything but Maia is breathtakingly gorgeous inside and out.

Envy began talking with Maia about counterparts while Kindness fell behind the group. She kept a slow pace behind all of us and always stopped to ask if anything along the way required help. I mustered up courage to turn around and talk to her.

"Hey..." I said.

"Hello," she replied nicely.

"I'm Joshua," I introduced, extending my hand.

"I'm Kindness," she smiled, taking my hand and shaking it, "I've known a lot of Joshua's before, all of them are marvellous heroes and warriors. Beautiful men they are."

"Well...I've never met a Kindness before," stupid...

She laughed but then clamped her hand over her mouth to contain it.

"You don't have to contain your laugh, it's really cute."

She blushed, "thank you. Are you and Maia together?"

"Yes we are," I don't know why I felt disappointed with my answer, like I wasn't sure of it.

"Do you know Maia?"

"Yes! We've been friends for many years now!"

"Hmm," she hummed, as if she wasn't content with my answer.

"Well it was nice meeting you Joshua, but may I ask you a question?"

"Of course!"

"Do you love Maia?"

"Yes I do," I was shocked with her question, "more than anyone in the whole world."

"Do you think she loves you as much as you love her?"

"I..."

Maia's POV:

We walked for a very long time till we reached this ginormous castle. It looked like it was made out if diamonds. The huge structure loomed over us, casting a huge shadow upon us. We entered the gigantic castle to be greeted with an equally extravagant and luxurious interior. The carpets were red lined with gold detailing. The chandeliers swayed gently over head as people were walking around. On top of the grad stair case sat six young woman who beamed and waved at Kindness. They all wore the same white dress as her but with a different colour Laurel Leaf headband. I didn't notice the headband on Kindness but now I did. It was a metallic green, that reflected the light into my eyes.

They approached us and welcomed us into Heaven.

"Welcome Travellers," they greeted.

Each Sin and Virtue had the same colours on them. I began to pair up a few.

Lust with Chastity.
Envy with Kindness.
Wrath with Patience.
Gluttony with Temperance.
Greed with Charity.
Sloth with Diligence.
Pride with Humility.

However, something felt off about Chastity. Something really felt off about her.

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°
Author's Note:

Heyyyyyy! So the sins are in heaven! Yaaaay! I always say this but SHIT IS GONNA HAPPEN!

BTW this is the Laurel Leaves thing:

What do you think is up with Chastity?

Lxrxib.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

49.7K 1.8K 62
"I already killed your mother, Cam." As the words left my enemy's mouth like a mocking sneer, I growled under my breath at the mention of my old name...
609 127 50
"If reality can destroy our dreams, then let our dreams destroy reality." Juliette and Maya were only fourteen when they went missing. When they retu...
49.9K 837 17
(female reader) everyone in the world only knew that there are only seven deadly sins but what if there is one more sin and is 10 times powerful than...