He calls me Angel

Autorstwa Dear_Joanna

"Stop overthinking this, Angel... and just feel me!" ~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•... Więcej

Synopsis & Disclaimer
1. First encounters
2. I am a professional
3. Welcome to the games
4. Rock, Paper, Scissors, Paperwork...
5. Bloodsucking creature
6. Too soon?
7. Gluteus maximus
8. Who are you?
10. Stellz is a state of mind
11. Close... so close
12. Visiting hours are over
13. Cruel intentions
14. You have the right to remain- OUCH
15. Alone. Trapped. Frozen.
16. An addiction of her own
17. Breathless
18. Playing hard to get
19. Adjourned
20. Unrequited
21. So many things
22. L' Americano
23. Beautiful and terrifying
24. My own tattoos
25. Trust
26. Tease
27. Withholding information
28. Derealization
29. Acquaintances
30. Cobwebs
31. It was a sign
32. Challenged
33. The f*cking Guardian
34. Confessions
35. You're addictive
36. Pane, burro e marmellata
37. The Bambi
38. Wolf's gaze
39. My determination
40. Rumor Rumor On The Wall
41. From Blue To Red
42. Trapped In A Maze
- The one who believed in Angels -
43. Don't make a sound
44. What deal?
45. I can't lose you
46. Emerald silk
47. Inertia
48. Outside looking in
49. I turned 25, today
50. The icing on the cake
51. Slim to nonexistent
52. You're not going to lose me
53. Last one standing
54. Stay with me
55. Broken Wings
56. Things need to change
57. Scars
58. It's fine. I'm fine.
59. I swear to God
60. Just hold me
61. My worth
62. Beautiful, Precious, Angel
63. Prayer for the broken
64. For every head cut off
65. Retaliation
66. Déjà vu
67. Blunt trauma
68. Fun and Games
69. New Normal
70. Show me

9. A challenge

4.2K 158 88
Autorstwa Dear_Joanna

I was obsessed with this song, when it first came out. Naturally, I had to include it to this chapter. If someone needs to feel needed, is this man. Hence, the chapter belongs to him.

Show your LOVE for Brandon by smashing that Star at the bottom of your screen. 

Enjoy, angels!

Brandon's POV:

"Always."

...will you be here...

...will you...

...when I wake up...

...will you be here when I wake up...?

I concentrated on her voice, pulling me towards her, out of my trance. Just like the first day I heard her voice, when she first walked into my hospital room.

That first day...

I was angry and frustrated. I didn't know who attacked me, or why I was their target, and that was the worst. Granted, I had this retched feeling in my stomach, that if I wanted to know more, then I had to get in contact with the same person I grew up with; the same one I once called my best friend, before I swore to stay away from him to save myself. 

I remember our last fight. It was huge; it made the headlines. 

'Best friends turned enemies on opposite sides of the same ring.'

The last time I saw him was years ago, and I still remember the anger that pulsed through my body. I couldn't control myself. Or my fists. 

He reminded me of the guilt I felt, when I lost my father. That same poisonous feeling pushed me to almost destroy myself., and he was there to witness it all. Damn it, he was there to push me even harder towards my own downfall.

It was hard, coming back to Chicago, but I did, when I was ready. With my best friends and partners by my side, we managed to build our company from scratch. It took many, long sleepless nights, but we made it. 

He couldn't have been behind my attack; of that I was sure. But I knew, if I wanted answers, if I wanted to know who was targeting me, then I had to contact him; he had the right connections, knew the right people. Problem was, we were not on the best of terms. And I didn't know how to face him, or my demons, for that matter. 

Liam was blasting my phone with messages, trying to understand what the fuck happened. What happened was not important. I was alive. As soon as I was out of this place, the person that tried to hurt me would get what was coming for them.

Trying to keep up with my friend's questions, I typed as fast as I could with my right hand, trying to get everything under control. We had to continue running the company smoothly, so the media didn't get a sniff of the events that transpired against us. That would only make things worse, and I didn't have the time or energy for that. 

And that was when she came into my life.

"Goodmorning sir. Mr. Anthony, is it?" The most angelic voice I've ever heard pulled me out of my intense texting, surprising me, when she called me by my middle name.

My father's name. I didn't deserve to be called his name.

The beautiful doctor in front of me was taking notes on her notepad, without sparing me a glance. I took a moment to admire the beauty in front of me; her dark hair was pulled into a messy bun, tanned skin covered with dark purple colored scrubs and a white lab coat. She moved her round glasses up the bridge of her nose, while her brown eyes kept reading the file she was holding. 

I felt a strange feeling inside me, as I kept looking at her. Her small frame made me want to protect her from any harm, while another side of me, the more primal side, wanted her. I wanted her attention right in that moment. How could that piece of paper be more interesting?

"Actually it's Brandon Anthony King, Angel..."

She seemed shocked, but I couldn't stop myself from calling her that; it suited her perfectly. Her deep brown, almost black eyes locked with mine and I savored every second of it. At least I wasn't the only one feeling lost in that moment. 

Still... I needed more.

She needed to examine my body for other injuries other than my shoulder, but I wasn't making it easy for her. I was trying to get a reaction out of her, and the more she blushed, the more I wanted to tease her, challenge her. And what a challenge she was. 

God, that blush. It was driving me crazy.

I wasn't a stranger to hospitals, but the minute I felt her fingers on my chest, I shivered. Even though fighting was more of a hobby these past few years, in the ring I was always ruthless against my opponents. This time, I knew, I was fighting something I would never be able to win; emotions. Foreign emotions I was incapable, unwilling to feel. Until now.

I clenched my jaw, trying to control the new feelings I was experiencing, but confusion reigned over me, when her cold fingers traced over some of the bruises on my chest. I was relieved from her touch, but I wanted those fingers to do more, than just spread tingles throughout my body. 

Realizing where my thoughts were taking me, I concentrated on her face. She was really beautiful, her eyes so intriguing. The golden specks dancing in the deep brown were majestic. Losing myself in them was the worst.

She continued with the check up, trying to concentrate on her task, like following a protocol. At the same time, she was trying to read me, solve what she had in front of her like a puzzle, almost like the bruises on my chest were her map. God knew how I never let people in. Only Liam and Malcolm have managed to break down those first line barriers. But the Angel in front of me seemed to be thinking otherwise, as she kept asking questions. 

"I need to ask again; where did you say you got these bruises from?" 

Questions I was not willing to give an answer to. Not yet. Or ever.

I didn't have all the answers myself, let alone share them with a stranger; an angelic stranger.

"What I do is none of your business." My tone was harsh, aiming to drive her away; I was not deserving of her, but the way she bit her lip in guilt and frustration, should be enough of a sign; my walls would soon tumble down.

They would burn to the ground.

I tried to tie a knot at the back of the ridiculous hospital gown with one hand, when she stepped in to help me. Her fingers lightly grazed my back and I took a deep breath, trying to relax. That's when a chuckle escaped her pink full lips and I lost it. 

She was fucking teasing me. 

I glared at her and she bit her lower lip again. She was such a sassy little thing, and I couldn't even think straight. The more rational part of my brain was trying to find ways to prove her guilty and lock her behind bars. The irrational part, wanted to know how that soft, bottom lip felt between my teeth. 

Feeling the urge to get a reaction out of her, I cornered her small body, reaching for her waist. I pulled her closer to me and hid my face in the crook of her neck. I knew I was overstepping both our boundaries, but she didn't push me away, and that was a glimpse of hope I couldn't ignore. 

I inhaled deeply, wanting to memorize this moment, as her beautiful scent of fruit and vanilla calmed my nerves. It was just me and her, a stranger who saw more of me in the span of a few minutes, than anyone else in my life. 

My lips brushed along the smooth skin and I felt her freeze in my arms. "Keep provoking me, Angel..." She was blushing and I loved it.

The moment I had her in my arms everything moved in a faster pace; the next moments, hours were a fast forward. 

I was back in the operating-room, trying to reach out to her.

Her words... What did she say to me before I lost all consciousness?

"Always."

...will you be here...

...will you...

...when I wake up...

...will you be here when I wake up...?

"Always."

Always...

I opened my eyes slowly, the light coming in from the windows almost blinded me. My body was numb, my movements minimal. Just searching with my eyes the one angel that took my breath away the minute I saw her, the minute I heard her voice.

I was almost hoping that she wouldn't keep her promise, because hope was dangerous. Hope, that maybe my life could turn out differently. That maybe I deserved more, after all.

But there she was, in her dark purple colored scrubs just sitting in the small couch across from me. She was reading something from the small notepad she always seemed to carry around, her pen between two fingers, rested on her rosy lips. 

How much I wanted to taste those plump lips, she would never know

Her concentration never faltered as I continued watching her, admiring her even. She was an adorable nerd, a little genius; her mind kept me on my feet and I wanted to explore more, find out more about her. 

Her long and wavy dark brown hair was let loose, framing her beautiful face. She tacked a strand behind her ear, making me wish I was the one doing it. I wanted to run my fingers through her dark hair, pull it in a fist and bring her closer, while I lost myself in her scent. I wanted to lose myself in her, make her breathing and beating heart speed up like she did mine. 

I wanted her to call out my name.

"Brandon!"

God, yes.

"Brandon!" I felt a hand shaking my arm before she pulled my face towards her direction and out of my fantasies. "Brandon, are you okay? Are you in pain?"

My imagination was running wild; now I was definitely in pain.

She was standing next to my bed, leaving just a little distance between us.

"Angel... G-Good morning. I guess... I'm just feeling a little numb, that's all." I paused for a second, thinking about her only word before I was unconscious from the anesthesia. "Always, hm?"

She blushed, crossing her arms in front of her. She had a serious look on her face, but I knew it was just an act. I knew she felt this pull. She had to. It couldn't just be my imagination.

"The surgery went well." Of course she changed the subject. Damn you, doctor. "If your recovery goes well, you'll be able to start physiotherapy by next week. You'll be getting out tomorrow after your blood tests come back." Her frown lasted a millisecond before returning to her smiling self, but I noticed. She took a step back, making the space between us even bigger.

I needed more time with her; we both did.

"Dr. Ricci, do you actually want me to stay longer, or are the painkillers clouding my judgment?", I winked, making her smile.

Her blush was more prominent than before, and I couldn't help but wonder: How far did that blush reach? 

I wanted to know, but she took another step back, pushing her glasses up her nose, further clouding my judgment.

I can't wait to discover how far that blush travels down your body, Angel.

"What can I say? Maybe I do want to keep you here. You're the first patient I need to fool, in order to draw blood from." Her lips were pulled upwards in a teasing smirk.

Sassy little thing. 

I just smirked, staring at the warm brown orbs of her eyes. "Feeling courageous today, are we. Why don't you come here angel? This distance between us is killing me!" 

"Maybe another time, Mr. King." Her smile was going to be the end of me.

If only my headache wasn't getting stronger, I would have pinned her up against that wall with nowhere else to go. Our bodies would collide and she would come undone in my arms, but none of this happened, because she turned around and left the room and with her, the air I needed to breathe. 

She always left when it got too much, when I got too close to breaking down her barriers. I was not the only one trying to resist this pull. She was trying to stay professional. I was trying to keep her safe. And we were both failing miserably, as we were bound to hurt each other at the end.  

She was making this so hard for me. I should stay away from her. More than eight years have passed since I left that part of my life behind, but I still felt guilty for my life-choices. If only she knew how low that part of my life still made me feel. She would be so disappointed. I should stay away from her, not just for her, but for me as well.

Especially now that someone was targeting me out of nowhere.

Still, this woman made you feel so much. She made me want to be better just for her.

We were two different energies, the light and darkness. I needed her in my life! I needed her light in my darkness. I was greedy and I couldn't stop that darkness from reaching out to her light, claiming it, tainting it. 

Imagining the day after tomorrow without her sweet good morning, hurt.

She made me needy. I needed her!

I cursed under my breath when my phone started ringing.

Crap! The screen red Mom and I gulped; hers and all her Italian ancestors' rage would sure come upon me.

"Heyyyy, mom." I tried to sound cheerful, but I knew I was screwed.

"Brandon Antony King, come osi? Of all the things in the world, I never expected a call from Malcolm telling me my baby was in the hospital having a surgery..."

Fuck, why was Malcolm always the considerate one in the group?

Her voice wasn't helping with my headache; not one bit. I pulled the phone away from my ear for a second; her wrath would take a while.

"Mom, please. Relax! It's all good now. I'm fine. The surgery went well and I'll be going home tomorrow."

"Oh, me and your sister are definitely coming by to see you, baby. There's no way I'm leaving you go through this alone. Not this time."

I wasn't the only one feeling guilty about the mistakes of the past, but somehow, knowing she still beat herself up over it, threw me in a loop down memory lane.

"Mom, you don't have to fly all the way from New York just for me. Besides, Mia has school. Honestly. I'll just go by grandpa's house when I'm cleared from physiotherapy. Right now, I need time to rest."

"Are you sure, honey? I can cook lasagna for you."

I smiled at the thought. Lasagna was one of my favorite dishes of hers. But she shouldn't come to the one city in the world she hated the most just to see me.

"It's fine, mom. I love the thought, but I can organize something with grandpa. Kiss Mia for me." 

"I will baby. She misses you, you know." Her voice was softer, as she tried to hide the sadness I knew she was feeling.

I paused for a moment, contemplating my next words. "I know. I miss her as well. If you talk to Ariana, tell her I miss her, too."

She sighed through the phone and I knew; Ariana hasn't reached out to any of us in a long time.

I scoffed, shaking my head frustrated. It's been years since both my younger sisters got in touch with me; but it was never their fault. They were the ones that found me, and the terror in their faces... I will never forget the fear, their screams, Mia's crying...

"Take care, my boy. Ti amo." She said, her voice breaking towards the end.

"I love you too, mom. Talk to you soon." 

I ended the call, taking a deep breath. My thoughts were always haunting, when it came to my family. My father's death, the drugs I used to cope with the pain... I was eighteen at the time, but how could I explain to my baby sisters that I drove them away from me, to protect them from myself.

They hated me.

 These were usually the thoughts that accompanied me to sleep. But not this time.

This time I thought of brown eyes, with golden flecks. A flushed face and an awkward smile. Her smile.

Fuck, I wanted to hold her, sleep with her in my arms... Watch her sleepy face, as she sighed tiredly after a long day at work.

Once you've thought about how a person sleeps, how it'd feel to be pressed up against their back, or their head on your chest, how compatible your bodies would be in the same space of a bed... Once you've thought about that, you're... You're basically screwed.

I was fucked.

___

Please VOTE if you liked the story, and comment your thoughts. Don't be a ghost reader, I want to know what's on your mind! ;)

Oh, this boy is so fucked, and he doesn't even know it yet. *snickers because of the plot to come*

What do you think of the story through Brandon's mind? He's a sweetheart with many secrets. I don't even know half of them myself. *oops*

Brandon's two best friends are Liam (25) and Malcolm (27). We'll see more of these boys pretty soon. Meanwhile, the mysterious Inkles used to be Brandon's best friend when they were younger. Inkles is his surname, and we'll find out more about that bad boy soon as well. For now, hold on tight!

GAME TIME:

If we had to choose, when would you say Brandon and Erika were born? What do you say, shall we make this a game?

Comment when you think they were born: Month, Date, Zodiac sign?

- Brandon.

- Erika.

Next chapter will be posted very soon. 

Take care.

xo J

Czytaj Dalej

To Też Polubisz

86.9K 2.2K 39
"I found you once, if the universe allows it I'll find you again." ------------ Melany Marshall, if people had to describe her they would all use the...
152K 3.1K 47
Lucy isn't an ordinary gang leader. Most gang leaders are boys but she was an exception. She's a strong and independent girl and a powerful leader. L...
36.7K 939 38
C̺͆O̺͆M̺͆P̺͆L̺͆E̺͆T̺͆E̺͆D̺͆ Started ~ February 13, 2021 Ended ~ April 3, 2021 ~ Re-write ~ May 28, 2021 End ~ August 18, 2021 *************** Disclai...
943K 26.8K 54
"Where the hell are your shoes?" The stranger asks. "I sleepwalk." DISORDER SERIES: INSOMNIA DAMAGED ADDICTION Notice** These books do not have the s...