Cardfight!! Vanguard G: Z Wor...

By 8mefox

(カードファイト!! ヴァンガードG: Z ワルド) (Kaadofaito!! Vangaado G: Z Warudo) #1 in Shounen [BOOK 2 OF THE CRAY'S COLLAPSE E... More

Prologue
Opening 1-The LiBERTY
Ending 1-Mozaiku Kakera
Promotion Page
#1: Yozora Shinsei
#2: Callum Sykes
#3: Spring Break
#4: Inferno
#5: Drachma
#6: "Wanna go on a date?"
#7: Zeroth Race
Question and Answers 1
#8: "I'll see you soon, bro."
#9: Blurred Intentions
#10: Masaru Kurenai
#11: "Don't stop me."
#12: Luquier
Opening 2-One Me Two Hearts
Ending 2-Button
#13: Sullivan
#14: Zoa
Question and Answers 2
#15: Kyoto
#16: Europe
#17: Dust
#18: England
#19: Delete
#20: Reach the Peak
#21: Ultima
Question and Answers 3
#22: Jazz-hands
#23: Magia
#24: China
Opening 3-Ideal White
Ending 3-Challenge the GAME
#25: Unwanted Allies
#26: Izanoku Shinoa
#27: Water Towns
#28: Snow
Question and Answers 4 Part 1
Question and Answers 4 Part 2
#29: Redemption
#30: Megiddo
#31: Missing Two
#32: Hellhard Eight
#33: "I'll get your vengeance, mistress."
#34: Advancement
#35: Victory
#35.5: Christmas Naito
Question and Answers 5 Part 1
Question and Answers 5 Part 2
Opening 4-World End
Ending 4-Glory
Cardfight!! Vanguard G: Z World 2019 PV
#36: Pride
#37: Illusions
#38: Thunder
#39: Hole
#40.5: Circumstances
#41: Vessel
#42: Shattered
Question and Answers 6
#43: Black Overlord
#44: "I am..."
#45: God of Destruction
#46: Heritage
#47: Observing
#47.5: In Mother Russia Game Plays You
#48: Gyze
#49: Yza Blade
Question and Answers 7
Afterword
#49.5: Ira Hitsuzen
Opening 5-Now or Never | Ending 5-Joker ni Yoroshiku
#50: To the next stage...
#51: Portal to Cray
#52: Removing the Joker
#53: Investigation Start-up
#54: Crystal Edge
#55: Imaginary Dive
#56: Saving the person who saved me
Question and Answers 8
#57: Back Lion
#58: Rukia Takanori
#59: Back Space
#60: Welcome Home
Opening 6-Complication | Ending 6-Stay Alive
#61: He whispers into my ear
#62: Searching for Answers
#62.5: Zak's Christmas
#63: Black Fire
Question and Answers 9
Opening 7-Donut Hole
Ending 7-Never Say Never
#64: Unmasked Victory
#65: Shattered Memories
#66: V22
#67: Ayaza Ganki-Vulcan
#68: Cherry Blossom Trees
#69: Kakusei Amehana
#70: Confession of Love
Question and Answers 10 Part 1
Question and Answers 10 Part 2
#71: Shooting Star
- Part 2
- Part 3
- Part 4
- Part 5
- Part 6
- Part 7
- Part 8
#72: Return
#73: Our Future
#74: Trip Down Memory Lane
#75: Graduation Day
#76: Festival
- Part 2
- Part 3
- Part 4
- Part 5
- Part 6
- Part 7
#77: Good Game
Epilogue
Author's Note
Credits
Cardfight!! Vanguard: Generations PV

#40: Zero

95 7 65
By 8mefox

The poor weather affected all of Tokyo. The grey clouds casted a dark shadow over a white supermarket, with grey accents, that was soaked in the heavy storm. As the rain ran down its slanted roof and onto the concrete floor creating puddles, the inside of the shop was relatively peaceful and more warm in conjunction to it's cold counterpart outside.

Walking down the soup aisle was Mai, carrying a metal wire shopping basket on her forearm. Inside was a variety of food items, from fresh vegetables and fruits, to raw meat, and sweet treats like biscuits and cakes. Looking up at the upper shelf, she went on her tip-toes to get the creamy chicken soup at the top.

"Aren't you a bit short to reach that?" Walking over to the struggling Mai, Izanoku snickered inaudibly as she pushed a shopping cart with a scarcity of items. All that was inside was some bread and chicken drumsticks. Mai glanced at her and continued trying to reach for the tin of soup. "Well, I was going to buy as many chicken soups as I could so I guess I don't mind helping you out." Izanoku parked her cart and took a handful of cans off the shelf. She presented one to Mai, who took it and nodded.

"Thank you." Mai said, looking at it. "Half price, huh..."

"Yep..." Izanoku said, dumping the cans into her cart. "I should probably get some veggie soup for Zak..."

"Well, isn't this a rare sight to see?" Masaru said, walking into the aisle with his own basket of items. Upon seeing Izanoku and Mai together, he began to laugh.

"What...?! What are you doing here! In the soup aisle no less!" Izanoku exclaimed.

"You two know each other?" Mai asked.

"Yeah, I suppose you could say that." Masaru scratched his cheek. "As for your question... what are you also doing here in the soup aisle?"

"I'm buying as much soup as I can to have food to eat for the month. It's on sale, so I might as well stock up." Izanoku said, turning away with her cart. "Now if you excuse me, I'll be taking my leave-"

"You don't want to know my answer?" Masaru asked. Izanoku let out a loud sigh and twisted her head to look at Masaru.

"Make it quick... I have places to be." Izanoku said, with Mai being caught in the crossfire between the two. She put the can of soup in her basket, and slowly snuck out of the aisle, leaving Masaru and Izanoku left standing on each side facing off against each other.

"Take your time and get your soup. If you're stocking up, five cans aren't gonna be enough." Masaru said, walking over to the shelf. "I'm actually here to get some of this black garlic chicken soup. A friend in England wants me to ship some to her."

"Oh... that's... nice..." Izanoku said, looking away from Masaru. Taking a few more cans, she dumped them into the trolley and began to try and walk away again.

"Though, seeing you and Mai together was a surprise. In fact, having all three of us meet in the soup aisle is a funny coincidence." Masaru said, before a smirk formed on his lips. "Hey, Iza. Can I come over to your house?"

"...eh?" Izanoku looked at him with a blank face.

(Opening here)

"Well... we're at my humble home... You remember this well, don't you?" Izanoku asked, holding two plastic bags filled with mainly cans of soup. She stepped to the entrance and put down her bags to scour through her pockets for the keys.

"Of course I remember well, the first time I came here I was unconscious." Masaru said, walking to the entrance and looking to the streets. "The rain cleared up well, didn't it?"

"Yeah..." Izanoku said, opening the door. "But I like the rain. It keeps me company."

"Are you seriously that lonely?" Masaru asked.

"There are some things you don't ask a maiden about." Izanoku said with a serious voice, entering inside.

"Right..." Masaru muttered, following her. As they took off their shoes and put it on some cardboard, Izanoku took off her coat and hung it on the staircase. Masaru raised a brow, and took off his bomber jacket, hanging it on top.

"Would you like some soup?" Izanoku asked, walking into the living room. Masaru laughed and followed.

"No, I'm good thanks." Masaru said. "Okay, lets get my priorities straight this time. Let's find the Zeroth Dragons!"

"Well, if you say so. Let me go ask Zak and Cal- Kakashi." Izanoku said, entering the kitchen and putting down the bags.

"Sure, sure. I'll set my stuff on the table if you don't mind." Masaru said. Izanoku shook her head.

"I don't mind at all." Izanoku said, leaving the living room. She wandered to Zak's room, and knocked on the door.

"Mistress... you're back late." Zak said, opening the door. Izanoku let herself in, and closed the door behind her.

"I was wondering if you wanted soup..." Izanoku said, her eyes trailing to the floor. "But it seems like you have more pressing matters."

"He's been unconscious for awhile. Don't worry." Zak said, looking down at the floor where Inu laid just in his boxers - however, it wasn't a pretty site. On Inu's once gentle face was a flurry of swollen bumps and dark bruises, with a deep gash in the side of his face, and splotches of dried blood running down his forehead and eyes. A few cuts ran down his cheeks, and his nose was broken and leaking with watery blood, even now. On his torso and limbs, there were deep marks of abuse and trauma, mainly from lots of garish yellow and purple bruises and vicious tearing of skin that left his pale pink flesh exposed and bleeding. Zak lifted his foot, and let it come crashing down on Inu's face once again, opening up the wounds that tried to close and heal themselves once more. With crimson blood covering the soles of his boot, he laughed hysterically and manically.

"So, what did he do to... cause this?" Izanoku asked, kneeling next to Inu and inspecting his body.

"Oh... it's a long story." Zak said, kneeling across Izanoku, and grabbing Inu's reddened throat. Letting a bone-shattering punch hit Inu's face, he began to explain. "His name is Inu. An ally of Shika, also known as the boy who took your Zeroth Dragon. He spying on me, and was on the phone talking to Shika to not come out of the school until the coast was clear. A hooded figure known as "Sin" then appeared out of nowhere, and challenged me to a cardfight for Zoa. Knowing that hanging around the school was a bad idea, and that I needed to draw Shika out to get your Zeroth Dragon back. So, I accepted this Sin's challenge and fought him. What happened... was that I lost..." Zak muttered, lifting his fist, and letting it pound on Inu's head again.

"We don't have Zoa anymore?" Izanoku said in shock.

"Yeah... And that pissed me off... that Sin bitch ran away the moment he got my card... and then it hit me... this was Inu's fault." Zak used both of his hands to wrap around Inu's neck, and begin choking him. "So... I decided. If I'm going to let my anger on someone, why not the person who got me into this mess in the first place?!"

"I see..." Izanoku said, looking at Zak who used his thumbs to dig into the soft and delicate neck flesh, trying to crush Inu's throat like an apple. Zak let out an insane laugh, before the siblings were interrupted by a disruptive noise upstairs.

"What's Callum doing now...?" Izanoku muttered standing up. Zak released his hands from Inu, and left the room with her. The two walked up the stairs, and entered Callum's room after hearing the noise.

"GET THE FUCK OUTTA MY ROOM!" Callum shouted, pinning Masaru down on the floor with a scatter of vanguard cards around them.

"This looks like something out of a yaoi..." Izanoku mumbled, looking away with pink cheeks.

"AND WHAT THE HELL WERE YOU DOING, LOOKING THROUGH MY SHIT?!" Callum roared, grabbing Masaru by his hair. "ARE YOU SURE WE CAN TRUST THIS CREEP?!" He shouted, looking at Izanoku and Zak.

"C'mon Kakashi, leave him be." Zak said, walking over and taking Callum away. Masaru got up, and ruffled his hair.

"Sorry, sorry... I got curious, that's all." Masaru said. "Yeah right, I was trying to steal your Zeroth Dragon! In fact, it wasn't in his FICA... did he lose it?"

"If that's the case, ask." Izanoku said sternly, walking up to Masaru and looking him dead in the eye. "I'm sure you wouldn't enjoy it if I went into your house and started snooping around. In fact, I have every reason to kick you out. So, what's your decision going to be, Masaru?"

"Look, I'm truly sorry... I made a mistake, and I'll pay the price. If you want me to leave, then I will." Masaru said, sighing. "But... I'd still like to stay. Please."

"Kick him out!" Callum growled, still being held back by Zak. "Either that, or he can't go through my shit again."

"I say we give him another chance." Zak said, letting go of Callum.

"Even though this fucking world won't give us a second chance...?" Callum muttered under his breath, sitting on the floor and picking up the fallen cards.

"Your choice then, Iza." Masaru said. "Will I get to stay, or will I leave?"

"You can... sta-"

Before Izanoku could finish her sentence, a loud explosion had ricocheted through the air and shook the ground beneath them. Swapping her attention to the rumbling house, Izanoku quickly left the room, Zak following her with haste as they ran down the stairs. At the bottom, they found a large silver coloured truck lodged between the wall of the entrance; it's metal frame crumpled and bent beyond repair. With glass shattered and spilled all over the floor, behind the windscreen were two large airbags that deflated slowly as Izanoku stared at the scene with tears in her eyes. Zak put a hand on her shoulder while Callum went downstairs, his jaw left hanging open at the wreckage.

"What the fuck..." Callum muttered, watching the two doors of the truck swing wide open as Ryuzaki, Payic and Maverick exited out of the destroyed truck, and into the main hallway.

"Our house..." Izanoku dropped to her knees, covering her mouth.

"That was our warning." Maverick said, body covered in a shiny metal.

"We won't be so kind next time." Payic giggled, small explosions popping in the palm of her hands.

"Now hand over Inu, unless you want this whole house blown to smithereens." Ryuzaki said, pointing at Payic. His lips conformed into a mocking smirk with narrowed eyebrows. His eyes burned with the intent to get revenge as he looked at the other three in the room.

"Asshole! Like hell are we handing you over anything now that you rammed a fucking truck in our house!" Callum yelled, taking out a plastic shank from his pocket and rushing towards Ryuzaki. "I remember you piece of shit! Back in Portugal, you and your metal fuck buddy tried fighting us over Dust!"

"Seeing as you made me blow up my yacht, I thought it was only proper I'd bring some of your property to the ground too!" Ryuzaki yelled back, tightening his fists. Callum swung his shank and Ryuzaki dodged it by moving to the side with superhuman speed.

"You didn't need to go as far as destroy my house!" Izanoku exclaimed angrily, as tears threatened to spill from her eyes. "You chose to destroy it! I didn't choose for my house to be broken!"

"Mistress, calm down..." Zak knelt beside her, putting both of his hands on her slender shoulders.

"Oh, you have a new trick huh..." Callum laughed under his breath, chucking the plastic shank on the floor. "Two can play at that game." Crushing the plastic under his bare foot, he shoved both his hands into his boxers, and pulled out two butterfly knives.

"Then what gives you the right to try and kidnap someone?" Payic said, walking up to Izanoku and looking down on her. "This wouldn't have happened if you didn't take him back here. If you aren't ready to pay the price, then don't do it... it's common sense, isn't it?"

"...I was the one who brought him." Zak said, rising to his feet. "So don't have a go at her for my choices! And you don't even know the full of my situation!"

"You pulled that trick in Portugal!" Maverick exclaimed, ramming into Callum with his metal body.

"These aren't shanks!" Callum shouted, stabbing one knife into Maverick's arm with a metal squeak. "These are real weapons that I'm going to murder you both with!" He cackled, falling to the floor as Maverick removed the knife from his arm and looked at the cut left in his arm. From his metal skin, a thin layer of red secreted from the stab wound.

"Then care to explain?" Payic asked, staring at Zak in the eye.

"You really think I'm gonna tell you after you crushed my mistress' spirits?" Zak exclaimed. "In fact, I'll give you hell worse then I gave him!"

"Maverick, stay out of this! This beef is between me and him!" Ryuzaki demanded, as Callum rose to his feet. "It was our fight originally! He was the one who tried killing you, and he's the one who stole my Zeroth Dragon! It's my fight, and mine alone!"

"But Ryuzaki..."

"I appreciate the help. But this is one enemy I want all the glory for..."

"I'm trying to not resort to violence!" Payic exclaimed, gritting her teeth.

"Your the one who decided to start this party with a truck... so you'll also end this party buried inside that truck." Zak said, taking out a small device from his suit's pocket.

"Damn you!" Payic exclaimed, throwing her palm forward at Zak's face.

"Checkmate." Zak said, chucking the device at Payic's hand.

"I'm honoured you think so me so highly, wasteman." Callum said, staggering to his feet and readying his knives. "But you know that I don't even have that Zeroth Dragon anymore. Some bitchass fuck took it from us!"

"And that "bitchass fuck" is more stupid then you'll ever be. But even if he's dumb, he works for me!" Ryuzaki exclaimed, smirking. "This is revenge... for going after my team again!"

"You motherfucker..." Callum grumbled, running up to Ryuzaki. "Alright then, this is revenge for taking my Zeroth Dragon!"

"Then so be it!" Ryuzaki exclaimed, speeding towards Callum with his fist ready. Just then, another loud explosion followed, knocking everyone in range backwards. The hazy smoke from the explosion began to clear up, revealing Izanoku on the floor, Zak standing at the middle of the staircase, Callum standing in the middle of the battlefield looking around, Maverick sitting on shards of glass, Payic lying down at Callum's feet, holding her wrist with a pained expression, and Ryuzaki standing behind Callum with a shocked face.

"MY HAND!" Payic screamed, the palm of her hand that she threw at Zak's face covered in burnt skin and ashes. She began breathing quickly, Maverick scrambling to her side to help her with the pain.

"When two explosions collide, I guess it means double the boom-boom, huh?" Zak snickered, walking down the stairs slowly, almost taunting Payic.

"You... hurt Payic..." Ryuzaki muttered, staring at Callum.

"What?" Callum raised a brow, glaring at Ryuzaki. "Whatever happened to her, it wasn't me!"

"But she's at your feet, no?" Ryuzaki asked, speeding next to Callum and punching him in the face.

"You bastard!" Callum exclaimed, slightly stunned by the punch. "It'll take more then that to hurt me!"

"Shit!" Ryuzaki yelled, the knife grazing his cheek as blood ran down the small cut. Before the two could strike each other again, a loud cry turned their attention to the man running down the flight of stairs with hurried footsteps: Masaru.

"Wait, wait, wait!" Masaru shouted, joining everyone in the hallway. "Before we all try and murder each other, let's settle this in a manner which won't provoke anyone to try and kill, please?"

"Masaru? What the in the ass are you doing here?" Maverick asked.

"Hey... Now's the worst time possible to try and diffuse the situation... Read the air..." Izanoku spoke from her laying position.

"Yeah, everyone's favourite Zodiac Time Beast user is here, blah, blah, blah, look." Masaru said with sarcasm dripping in his voice, chucking a FICA at Callum, who caught it.

"Huh? My FICA?" Callum asked.

"Oh... he's saying we should cardfight." Ryuzaki said, taking out his FICA from his pocket. "I'd be fine with that. Intelligence is my strong suit."

"You're getting way ahead of me here!" Masaru exclaimed.

"You called yourself "everyone's favourite Zodiac Time Beast player" while I exist. I deserve to get ahead of you." Ryuzaki laughed.

"It was sarcasm... anyways, to answer your questions, I'm here to... or rather, was here to steal the Zeroth Dragons. However, it came to my conclusion they no longer possess Dust or Zoa. Someone else has them." Masaru said.

"...w-what?" Izanoku muttered, looking at Masaru with betrayed eyes. "You... tricked us..."

"I used your feelings to my advantage." Masaru admitted under his breath. "If anything, after observing these guys, they aren't all bad. Iza for example can be quite sensitive."

"That's... True." Callum nodded, sending a steely glare at Masaru.

"H-hey, chill, chill... I'm not done." Masaru shivered, looking at Callum. "Like I said. That was the plan. After looking through Callum's and Zak's FICAs, I found no Zeroth Dragons. I did this all while you guys were fighting..."

"What took you so long then?" Maverick asked.

"I was too scared to come downstairs." Masaru said. "I thought there was some kind of war happening, and no way was I gonna be part of that!"

"Good excuse, Prince Charming." Zak said. "So, why you here now? To save the beautiful princess from inevitable death? O' tell us, great crimson hero of the zodiac tiger descent!"

"Dude..." Masaru stared at him blankly. "I decided to grow some balls and come down here to try and prevent bloodshed. Considering this is Z World, and not a C4 OVA, we shall resolve conflicts with a game of Vanguard!"

"Oh, true." Ryuzaki said, looking at his FICA. "My deadass began this chapter thinking it was a C4 OVA, so that's why we used a truck."

"What's... what's a Z World?" Callum asked, looking at the two. "And what's a C4? Am I missing something? Do I not understand the references?!"

"Your just too dumb to realise the truth. And Fox is a lazy writer." Ryuzaki and Masaru said simultaneously.

"Are we sure Masaru isn't secretly a Ryuzaki clone that was defected into using Chronofang because he's worse and it's just one large metaphor?" Maverick whispered to Payic who sat up with a face of discomfort.

"...I don't understand what's going on either." Payic said, looking at everyone. "But from what I can tell, Inu's the reason Zak lost his Zeroth Dragon. Thus the reason why he was captured."

"Right on the money." Zak said, opening his room. "If you want your friend, he's in here."

"Seriously? Are you handing him over that easily?" Ryuzaki asked.

"Beat Callum in a cardfight first." Zak said, dragging Inu from his bedroom floor to the hallway. "Then you can take him away."

"Oh my god... Inu..." Payic muttered, covering her mouth.

"Because of him... I lost Zoa to this dickhead named Sin." Zak muttered in spite, spitting on Inu's face.

"Don't spit on him!" Maverick roared.

"Tch. Have it your way. It was fun playing with him." Zak snickered, trampling over Inu and joining back to the rest of the group.

"Sin...?" Ryuzaki raised a brow. "But I thought he used Link Joker... what would he want with a Zoo Zeroth Dragon?"

"Okay, while that's pretty messed up thing to do to Iru, and makes me feel sick beyond relief, let's put aside the theories, the Zeroth Dragon, the bloodshed and settle this conflict with Vanguard. After all, it brought us all together, so it will be the thing to end our grudges, right? Instead of beating each other until someone is dead, let our avatars do it for us!" Masaru grinned.

"He... has a point, Callum." Izanoku said, looking at him with gentle eyes. "Aren't you getting tired of it too...?"

"Tired of killing...?" Callum closed his eyes and sighed. "You've grown soft, Izanoku. But if you don't want me to kill this guy, I'll cardfight him."

"Thanks, Callum." Izanoku beamed.

"If this doesn't work I'm blaming you—!!" Callum warned.

"His name is... Callum?" Ryuzaki raised a brow, scratching the back of his head. "This whole time I thought it was Kakashi..."

"Oops!" Izanoku covered her mouth. "I'm sorry, Callum..."

"Tch, forget it. This dipshit can know my name, I don't care." Callum said, setting up his FICA table. "Right now, I gotta focus on winning."

"I'm glad we could come to a more peaceful solution..." Masaru sighed with a hand over his heart. "May the best Cardfighter win."

"I'll defeat you with something you've never seen before." Ryuzaki said, setting up his FICA table.

"Let's see if that'll be true or not." Callum said, looking at his hand and smirking. "I opened God Hand. You've lost."

"Funny enough, I was about to say the same." Ryuzaki grinned.

"Both opened their ideal hands, huh..." Payic sighed. "Let's see how this plays out..."

"Stand up, the, Vanguard!" Ryuzaki exclaimed.

"Weeb." Callum yawned.

"Chrono Dran Z!" Ryuzaki exclaimed, vanguard circle expanding red.

"Werfleder Ordonnaz." Callum said, vanguard circle expanding dark purple.

"You can go first." Ryuzaki said.

"Stand and draw. I ride, Dimension Creeper and move Ordonnaz back, then end my turn."

Callum:
Hand: 5
Damage: 0
OXO
OXO

Ryuzaki:
Hand: 5
Damage: 0
OXO
OOO

"Stand and draw! I ride, Pulsar, Transit Dragon! Dran moves back and Transit attacks! (7000 > 12000)"

"No guard."

"Drive check! (Pulsar, Metal Party Dragon)"

"Damage check. (Succubus of Pure Love)"

"Turn end!"

Callum:
Hand: 5
Damage: 1
OXO
OXO

Ryuzaki:
Hand: 6
Damage: 0
OXO
OXO

"Stand and draw. I ride, Blade Wing Sykes and call Enigmatic Assassin to rear-guard. Boosted by Ordonnaz, Sykes attacks. (9000 > 14000)"

"Huh... considering the person you are, seeing the lack of expression in your voice this fight is amusing. Hypnosis Sheep! (17000)"

"I'm only playing Vanguard on Izanoku's request. I would prefer stabbing you in the kidneys multiple times rather then fight with cards. Drive check. (Wertiger Jaeger) No trigger."

"So, you're not enjoying yourself?" Ryuzaki asked.

"I'm not allowed to enjoy myself in the world I live in. Turn end."

"Being a criminal sucks balls."

"It's not just about that... Have you ever had your childhood robbed from you?!" Callum exclaimed.

"...in a way, yeah." Ryuzaki said. "But just because you didn't have the greatest past... doesn't mean you can't have the greatest future, does it?"

"Bullshit. Life is designed to screw you over no matter what. Can't you see now that you've been screwed? I've taken away your Zeroth Dragon, I nearly killed your friend, my friend kidnapped your friend and beat him up, and now we're resolving our bad blood with a game of Vanguard?! Don't you feel screwed by any of this?!"

"It's the ideal future for me.... sure, a lot of bad things happened, but a lot of good things too. It might seem anticlimactic, but it's far from it. Vanguard is the reason why I'm even in this position! So, if this is how we settle it, then I'll welcome it with open arms!"

"Fuck you... people like you who have "optimism" and "hope" for the fucking future... I hate those people the most... like hell they can relate to the shit I've been through..."

"Then I'll teach you. I'll teach you why we look brightly on the future. And I'll do it during this fight!"

"Try... go on, try. I'd like to see you utterly, miserably fail."

Callum:
Hand: 5
Damage: 1
OXO
OXX

Ryuzaki:
Hand: 5
Damage: 0
OXO
OXO

"Challenge accepted." Ryuzaki said. "Stand and draw! I ride, Pulsar, Metal Party Dragon! Dran Z's skill, bind him face up to look at the top five cards of my deck, and add Chronojet Dragon Z from them to my hand! Then, I'll call Revolver Dracokid and use his skill to reveal Chronojet and add Obstinacy Ox from deck to hand! I discard him afterwards. Metal Party attacks! (10000)"

"No guard."

"Drive check! (Pulsar, Merry Block Dragon)"

"Damage check. (Flying Librarian)"

"Turn end!"

Callum:
Hand: 5
Damage: 2
OXO
OXX

Ryuzaki:
Hand: 6
Damage: 0
OXX
OOO

"Stand and draw. I ride, Blade Wing Sullivan!" The vanguard circle exploded black. "Skill of Sullivan, I'm gonna put three copies of Assassin into my soul! (Enigmatic Assassin, Enigmatic Assassin, Enigmatic Assassin) Boosted by Ordonnaz, Sullivan, attack. (11000 > 16000)"

"No guard!"

"Twin Drive! (Demonted Executioner, Dark Knight of Nightmareland) Critical, all to Sullivan. (11000 > 16000/1★ > 2★)"

"Damage check! (Steam Tamer, Arka, Pulsar, Merry Block Dragon)"

"Turn end."

Callum:
Hand: 7
Damage: 2
Soul: 5
OXO
OXX

Ryuzaki:
Hand: 6
Damage: 2
OXX
OOO

"Stand and draw! Speed ahead to the perfect future, ride! Chronojet Dragon Z!" Ryuzaki exclaimed, the vanguard circle expanded purple-red. "Chronojet Dragon Z's skill, I bind Ox in my drop zone for the cost of stride! Soar high, wings of a perfected vision! Transcend, Metapulsar, Avenir Phoenix!"

"Your avatar is all about a "perfect future"... is this your lame attempt at changing my mind?"

"I've barely even started. Stride skill! I soulblast and put Revolver Dracokid to the bottom of the deck, and call Pulsar, Cruising Dragon! Cruising's skill, add 2k and a new skill! (9000 > 11000) Cruising attacks! (11000) Skill, I counterblast and look at the top three cards of my deck to add Chronomedical Hamster to hand!"

"Dimension Creeper. (16000)"

"Avenir Phoenix, attack! (26000) Skill, counterblast and G Persona Blast! I reveal the top five cards of my deck, (Pulsar, Hypnosis Sheep, Pulsar Tamer, Igigi, Pulsar, Spearhead Unicorn, Pulsar, Transit Dragon, Chronojet Dragon Z) and call Igigi and Transit Dragon! Skill of Igigi, he gets 10k! (9000 > 19000)"

"No guard."

"Triple drive!! (Pulsar, Metal Party Dragon, Pulsar, Revolver Dracokid, Chronomedical Hamster) Heal trigger! Heal a damage and all effects to Igigi! (19000 > 24000)"

"Damage check. (Succubus of Avarice)"

"Boosted by Transit, Igigi! (24000 > 31000)"

"Generation Guard, False Dark Wings, Agrat bat Mahlat! Skill, soulcharge two (One-eyed Succubus, Dimension Creeper) and add 5k shield. (11000 > 26000 > 31000) Then, I'll add Jaeger. (31000 > 36000)"

"Transit's skill, into soul and draw a card. Turn end."

Callum:
Hand: 4
Damage: 3
Soul: 7
OXO
OXX

Ryuzaki:
Hand: 11
Damage: 2
Bind: 2
XXX
OOO

"Stand and draw. Unleashing the Generation Zone! Great Demon, Soulless Demagogue!!" Callum exclaimed. "Both Dimension Creeper and Sykes' skills. I soulblast them and soulcharge two for each. (Tragic Claw, Wertiger Jaeger, Dimension Creeper, Amon's Follower, Abysm Lust, Monochrome of Nightmareland, Succubus of Pure Love) Skill of Jaeger, counterblast and draw a card. Skill of Demagogue, he gets a skill each time a card is soulcharged! Soon, you'll be seeing the effects of me stacking up soul!"

"The infamous Demassassin combo... You're not gonna surprise me with it, since I already know about it!"

"If I can't hide it from you, then I'll have to show it to you at full force! Creeper's skill, once more. (Flying Librarian, Blade Wing Sykes) Two more skills to Demagogue. Sykes' skill, once more. (One-eyed Succubus, Blade Wing Sullivan) Two more skills to Demagogue. Call, Monochrome of Nightmareland, and use her skill. Return her to deck, soulcharge (Demonted Executioner), countercharge and draw a card. Demagogue gets a skill. Ordonnaz' skill, counterblast and into soul, soulcharge two (Wertiger Jaeger, Blade Wing Sykes) and draw a card. Jaegar's skill, counterblast and draw. Three skills to Demagogue. Sykes' skill in soul. (Monochrome of Nightmareland, Dark Knight of Nightmareland) Call, Flying Librarian, and use her skill. Counterblast, soulcharge two, (Amon's Follower, Abysm Lust, Succubus of Avarice) countercharge and draw a card. Skill of Avarice in soul, retire Assassin to add her to hand. Call, Tragic Claw. I've accumulated 18 soul this turn for Demagogue. His skills kick in! Add 18k to my front row! (8000 > 26000) (26000 > 44000) (9000 > 27000) Librarian, attack! (26000)"

"Generation Guard! Pulsar Saver, Ilishu! Skill, soulblast and add 5k shield! (26000 > 31000)"

"Tragic Claw! (27000)"

"Generation Guard! Pulsar Saver, Ilishu! Hamster's skill, I bind both from drop zone and soulcharge! (Pulsar, Thruster Bison) Skill, soulblast and add 5k Shield! (26000 > 31000)"

"Annoying... beginning of attack step, Assassin comes out from soul! Skill, add 15k power, plus Demagogue's 18k! (5000 > 20000 > 38000) Demagogue, attack!"

"Arka, perfect guard!"

"Triple drive! (One-eyed Succubus) Critical, all to Assassin! (38000 > 43000/1★ > 2★) (Flying Librarian, Blade Wing Sykes) Beginning of attack step, Assassin comes out from soul! Skill and Demagogue! (5000 > 20000 > 38000) Assassin attacks! (43000/2★)"

"No guard! (Pulsar, Cruising Dragon, Pulsar, Revolver Dracokid)"

"Beginning of attack step, Assassin comes out from soul! Skill and Demagogue! (5000 > 20000 > 38000) Assassin attacks! (38000)"

"No guard! (Pulsar, Bombard Hog) Critical, all to vanguard! (11000 > 16000)"

"This will finish you! Assassin, attack! (38000)"

"Arka... perfect guard!!"

"No OTK, huh..." Callum sighed. "This is what I'm talking about... after struggling and trying your best, this is all that you'll eat in return. Failure. Losses. Nothing. You know, this fight was meant to end our beef... but instead, I'm reminded at how shitty this world can be. I end."

"The world can be shit. I agree." Ryuzaki said. "I've been there, done that. But do you want to know why I still have hope for a future?"

"Go on. Tell me your secrets. Let's hear what asinine fuckhole excuse you can come up with."

"The secret is that I don't have hope for the future."

"...what?"

"I don't care what happens in the future. I only care for the present. The now. Every moment I live now is more important than the future and past combined. Shit happens. Shit will happen. But instead of dreading it, or thinking about it, I would rather focus on the present, because that way, at least, I won't feel things like fear for the future, or guilt for the past." Ryuzaki said. "Truth be told, I could give less of a shit about that time in Portugal now. The only reason why I'm here is because one of my teammates, Iku, has been captured by one of your friends, and it's up to me and the rest of C4 to save his skinny white ass. I'm focusing on the now. You're focusing on the future. The fact we even crossed paths again is a mere coincidence. Our past may be bad... but really, what will we get out of it if we focus on that? No one's gonna win anything, since it's happened. I can't change that. You can't change that. But what you can change is your choice for the present. What's it gonna be, Callum?"

"...fuck you... fuck you and your shitty words... fuck you and your idealistic spastic shitty words... I hate you... I hate fuckers like you that ramble on and on about this stupid bullshit... talking about "choice" when I never had any my entire fucking life! But... even if your words are bullshit to the very core... I can't help but fucking listen and..."

"And?"

"And... feel a shred of hope hearing your shitty, stupid and assholish words."

"Check, and mate. I'll finish this fight with a power born from all my present choices, here and now."

"Choices... I wonder how it feels like to have a real "choice"..." Callum thought.

Callum:
Hand: 10
Damage: 3
Soul: 15
XXX
OOO

Ryuzaki:
Hand: 5
Damage: 5
Bind: 4
XXX
OOO

(Play song in media here)

"It's time to show you the perfect future I've been slowly creating with my present self! Stand and draw!" Ryuzaki exclaimed. "Distort this dystopian timeline and let our perfect vision turn into a shining utopia! Transcend... ABSOLUTE! Chronovisor Heritage!!"

"A new Stride isn't going to scare me so easily." Callum snarled.

"I'll finish you on my next turn." Ryuzaki said.

"You're not gonna get one." Callum said.

"No u." Ryuzaki said. "Stride skill! I soulblast and send Assassin to the bottom of the deck to call Merry Block Dragon! Igigi's skill, he gets 10k! (9000 > 19000) Dran Z's skill in bind zone! I discard a Bombard Hog to add him to hand! Then, I call Dran Z and Hypnosis Sheep! Sheep gets a skill! Arka's skill in drop zone! I bind a ZTB trigger and another copy of herself to add her to hand! Now, boosted by Sheep, Cruising attacks! (11000 > 15000) His skill, counterblast and looking at the top three cards of my deck! I add Metal Party to my hand!"

"Skill of Sullivan, as long as I have fifteen or more cards in soul, my guardians get 10k! Executioner! (11000 > 26000) The catch with this is that I soulblast two at the end of the battle he's attacked."

"And now you're at thirteen soul, meaning the guardian bonus is gone! Boosted by Chrono Dran Z, Chronovisor Heritage attacks! (26000 > 31000) Rewind Zero Slash!!"

"Doesn't matter, because Succubus of Avarice perfect guards!"

"Triple drive!! (Steam Tamer, Arka, Pulsar, Proceed Sheep, Pulsar, Bombard Hog) Critical! All to Igigi! (19000 > 24000/1★ > 2★) Boosted by Merry Block, Igigi attacks! Merry Block's skill, he gets 2k for each of my other ZTB! (24000 > 31000 > 41000/2★)"

"No guard. (One-eyed Succubus) Critical, all to vanguard. (11000 > 16000) (Amon's Follower, Abysm Lust) Heal trigger, I can't heal, but all to vanguard. (16000 > 21000)"

"Merry Block's skill, he binds himself face up! Sheep's skill, into soul and putting Cruising to the bottom of the deck to restand Igigi! Igigi, attack! (24000/2★)"

"Jaegar guards. (21000 > 26000)"

"Turn end." Ryuzaki said.

Callum:
Hand: 7
Damage: 5
Soul: 13
XXO
OOO

Ryuzaki:
Hand: 9
Damage: 5
Bind: 8
XXO
OXO

"However... I'm keeping that promise of ending you next turn." Ryuzaki said.

"It's my turn now, so survive that first." Callum said.

"Or is it? Heritage's skill!" Ryuzaki declared. "I flip four face up Zodiac Time Beast G Units in my G Zone face down! I get an extra turn— Dystopia Rewind!!"

"What?!" Callum exclaimed. "That can't be possible... That can't be a real skill!"

"Unfortunately, for you, yes. Yes it is. The secret power I've been accumulating has finally been born! During this extra turn, I skip the ride phase and Stride into Chronovisor Heritage once more!" Ryuzaki exclaimed. "This is the future I've decided on— Stand and draw! Distort this dystopian timeline and let our perfect vision turn into a shining utopia once more! ABSOLUTE TRANSCENDENCE! Chronovisor Heritage!! I'll crush you, Callum. With this sword made of shining utopia!"

"Show me it... your full strength!!" Callum exclaimed. "I expect nothing else but your all, so when I survive my victory will be even sweeter!"

"Stride skill! Soulblast, and sending your Assassin to the bottom of the deck to call Merry Block Dragon! Igigi gets 10k! (9000 > 19000) Skill of Dran Z! I bind him face up, look at the top five cards of my deck, and add Revolver Dracokid to hand! I call, Metal Party, Proceed Sheep and Bombard Hog! Skill of Proceed Sheep, I counterblast, bind him and a card in my drop zone to draw a card! Skill of Bombard Hog, I bind him face up to countercharge! Call, Revolver Dracokid! Skill, I reveal Chronojet Dragon Z, search my deck for another copy and discard it! Then, I call discard a card to add Chrono Dran Z from bind zone to hand, and call him! Let's begin... the final turn. Boosted by Revolver Dracokid, Metal Party attacks! (10000 > 17000)"

"Dark Knight of Nightmareland, guard! (11000 > 21000)"

"Metal Party's skill! Counterblast and bind himself face up, I call from my bind zone Proceed Sheep and Merry Block Dragon! Boosted by Chrono Dran Z, Chronovisor Heritage attacks! (26000 > 31000) Countless Twelfth Slash!!"

"Generation Guard! Cryptic Gnaw Liege, Sabnac! Skill, counterblast and he gets 5k shield, while my vanguard gets 5k power! (11000 > 16000 > 31000 > 36000) I then add One-eyed Succubus and Blade Wing Sykes! (36000 > 46000 > 51000) No pass!"

"Triple drive! (Pulsar, Cruising Dragon, Pulsar, Thruster Bison) Critical, all to Sheep! (11000 > 16000/1★ > 2★) (Pulsar, Spearhead Unicorn) Boosted by Merry Block, Sheep attacks! Merry Block's skill! (16000 > 21000 > 31000/2★)"

"Monochrome of Nightmareland, Flying Librarian and Tragic Claw guard! (16000 > 26000 > 31000 > 36000)"

"Merry Block is bound face up! Shoot him down, Igigi! (19000 > 26000) Skill of Merry Block! (26000 > 34000)"

"No... guard... (Blade Wing Sullivan)"

"Callum..." Izanoku mumbled, walking over to him. Callum looked defeated, with sweat dripping from his brow, and a small grin from ear to ear.

"I... I haven't felt this much fun in playing a game of Vanguard before..." Callum said. "Y'know, Ryuzaki... putting past all the utterly stupid bullshit you said during that fight... it was a good one. You actually had my back against a wall..."

"We'll be taking Inu back as our prize." Maverick said, picking Inu up and carrying him bridal style.

"Be my guest. It's what we deserve after losing." Zak said bitterly.

"Callum, Izanoku, Zak." Ryuzaki said, looking at the three with serious eyes. "I don't know if you guys know, but the attack on Zak was a calculated assault by the hooded figures. Before and during our fight, they've taken Ultima, Drachma, Dust, Megiddo, and Stark, in addition to Zoa. To put it simply, they've taken all six Zeroth Dragon at once... leaving us with zero of them. Due to this new turn of events... I'd like to make an offer."

"Woah, woah, woah, where did you get all this information from?" Zak asked.

"I was checking my phone while Callum was doing his loop. I read the messages everyone's been sending me and relayed the information."

"Tell us your offer." Izanoku said.

"Let's team up." Ryuzaki said.

(Ending here)

Next time on Z World:

#41: Vessel

================================

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

26.5K 1.4K 115
(カードファイト!! ヴァンガード G: クレイの崩壊) (Kādofaito!! Vangādo G: Kurei no Hōkai) [BOOK 1 OF THE CRAY'S COLLAPSE EXTENDED UNIVERSE (CCEU)] Includes Volumes 1 to 2...
7.9K 516 81
Volume 2 of the award-winning light novel fan-fiction based on the popular "Cardfight!! Vanguard" series! Original illustrations included!! THE FIRS...
2.6K 77 15
Two years after defeating the Serpent King, Orochi. The world return to normal once again and everyone living their own lives. Of course they are hav...
962 68 32
"I like Vanguard, but I love Yukie the most in the universe!" Two years after the finale of "Cardfight!! Vanguard: Heiwa", the curtain rises on a new...