A Different Level System (Per...

بواسطة AmateurStoryCreator

What would Happen when a creation that Hephaestus god of the forge created long ago but was thought to have f... المزيد

Ch.1 is this real?
Ch.2 Observe?
Ch.4
Ch.5
Ch.6
Ch.7
Ch.8
Ch. 9
Ch. 10
Ch.11
Ch.12
Ch. 13
Ch.14

Ch.3

5K 144 71
بواسطة AmateurStoryCreator

(Thanks for the reviews. I will be adding quotation marks for the dialogue in this and future chapters and maybe edit previous chapters later.)

(To the other review yes Percy should be twelve but I made him fifteen for a possible idea of mine that might come in later chapters I have not decided.)

(For the pairing, it will most likely be a goddess I am leaning towards Athena since there are not too many fanfics with her as the pairing. I could maybe try a Hestia paring with him not knowing she's a goddess and her appearing as his age or maybe a Khione pairing, Percy and the goddess of snow.)

(Update, forgot to add stat points for level up in the last chapter, Percy gains + 5 stats per level up. Forgot to add the Knowledge absorber which has been changed to a perk.)

"Hello" = Dialogue

I woke to loud crashing noises, looking over I saw a boy carrying a box with a small one tipped over on the floor. I got up out of the bed as he put the box down. Looking at his face I saw a face with brown hair, brown eyes, and some brown facial hair looking at me as I stood up.

"Hi, I'm Percy ", I said to the boy. "I guess you're my new roommate".

"Yea I am, my names Grover," he said grinning.

I glanced at the clock and saw it was time to go to class when Grover grabbed his schedule showing it to me and said.

"The teacher mentioned you might be able to bring me to class it seems we have the same schedule".

"Alright let's get going" I replied with a half-smile on my face. As I was moving out the door, I used the observe skill on Grover.

[Character Status]

[Name: Grover Underwood] Lv.15

[Age: 26] [Race: Satyr] [Titles: None]

[HP: 250/250]

[Stamina: 175/175]

[Stats]

Strength - 14

Vitality - 10

Dexterity - 9

Intelligence - 11

Wisdom: - 4

Charisma: - 0

Luck: - 8

I froze in the doorway in shock what is this I stared at the window, Never have I been so happy that the window freezes time. A satyr what is that and 26 years old how is this possible I thought in shock to myself. Is there any information I can read I thought as I started clicking the status hoping for some more information.

[Satyr's are creatures with the upper body of a man and the lower body of a goat with hairy goat legs and hooves and horns which they hide with baggy hats.]

So not only is my roommate a satyr he is 26 pretending to be a teenager at my school. Reading his status again I paused as I thought about how he is the highest level person well satyr I had ever seen. What else is out there I thought as I closed the window with Grover walking behind me. If he a satyr can masquerade as a human then who else can. Sitting down in the class with Grover taking a seat beside me I decided I needed to take a trip to the library and learn all I could about satyrs.

All thoughts of the library went flying out the window when I used the observe skill on the new English teacher.

[Character Status]

[Name: Alecto] Lv.60

[Age: ] [Race: Fury] [Titles: The Kindly Ones]

[HP: 1,000/1,000]

[Stamina: 550/550]

[Mana: 180/180]

[Stats]

Strength - 37

Vitality - 40

Dexterity - 51

Intelligence - 9

Wisdom: - 6

Charisma: - 0

Luck: - 3

Looking at her status I was surprised at the stats especially her health. What was with these new people. First the roommate, now the teacher. What is going on here? Sadly I did not have the answer but the least I could finally find out what the titles and mana mean I thought as I clicked on Title and mana.

[Title grants 20% fear to target]

[Mana allows the user to use the energy in your body for any special abilities you might have.]

After reading the text in the window I decided to try and click just titles.

[Titles are something you are called or have earned granting you special effects, for example, the person who has the title Genius can learn things at a 20% faster rate.]

As I was finishing reading I heard two [Ding!] sounds. Opening my whole status I read the status in surprise.

[Character Status]

[Name: Percy Jackson] Lv.2 Exp 100/200

[Age: 15] [Race: Locked] [Titles: None]

[HP: 125/125] (Health regen: 0.6 per min)

[Stamina: 112.5/112.5] (Stamina regen 1.2 per min)

[Mana: 700/700]

[Affinity: Unknown]

[Stats]

Strength - 7

Vitality - 5

Dexterity - 4

Intelligence - 35

Wisdom: - 12

Charisma: - 2

Luck: - 0

[Skills]

Observe Lv-5 (93%)

Running Lv-3(73%)

Cooking Lv-1(20%)

Languages: English Lv-Max, Latin Lv-2

[Perks]

Knowledge Absorber: You can learn skills from books, the more advanced the book the higher the skill you get is.] Can raise skill level by absorbing books for that skill.

[Special Abilities: Unknown]

Items: Credit Card

Item shop:

Stat Points - 25

Skill Points: - 0

[Special Ability Points: 0]

Relationships: Mom - 100/100

[Reputation: Locked]

Money: 55$

So I now have my mana unlocked I thought as I closed the window unfreezing time but what are my abilities I thought as I looked at the window, all that was shown was unknown. I will figure that out later, for now, I need to get to the library and read up on who are the furies and satyrs I think to myself as the class starts.

As the class was ending which I could not be more glad about if I tried, for some odd reason the teacher kept staring at me as she taught the lesson, really creepy. As I left the classroom I saw out of the corner of my eye Grover getting out of his seat and following me to the next class. We walked in silence to the next class which was Latin, another new teacher entered the room. This time it looked to be an older man who was in a wheelchair.

"Hello class my name is Mr. Brunner," he said with a warm smile.

Looking at the man I decided to use the observe skill on him as well, you never know he might be some sort of being that was not human either.

[Character Status]

[Name: Chiron] Lv.?

[Age: ?] [Race: Centaur] [Titles: Trainer of Heroes]

[HP: ?]

[Stamina: ?]

[Mana: ?]

[Stats]

Strength - ?

Vitality - ?

Dexterity - ?

Intelligence - ?

Wisdom: - ?

Charisma: - ?

Luck: - ?

After I finished reading his status for the third time I closed the window opened a book and hid my face in it not looking at this man who turned out to be some sort of centaur. Slightly panicking on the inside I wondered what these people were doing here and why could I not see the majority of Mr. Brunner no Chiron's stats. I believe that was what worries me the most what level could he be that I could not even see how much health he had. The highest level I had seen up until now had been the English teacher and even her stats I could see with her being at level 60.

After the class ended I practically bolted out of the room to the library with Grover calling my name as I ran past. As I reached the library I went straight to computers, once I reached them I typed one at a time Centaurs, Furies, Satyrs. And the result I got was all the same Greek mythology. Seeing that I started to type what they are when I remembered I had the bracelet and could just ask so that's what I did. Bracelet what are a Centaur and Fury.

[Centaurs have the torso and head of a man, and body of a horse.]

[The Furies, are spirits of vengeance who serve the god Hades. They are his torturers in the underworld and punish the crimes of the wicked.]

"What are they doing here", I exclaim, forgetting for a second to lower my voice as I was in the library. Why were they here, The underworlds torturers who serve Hades who is apparently real, and Mr. Brunner who is somehow a centaur in a wheelchair hiding his what should be a massive body. Suddenly finding out Grover was a satyr just seemed less important than it was this morning.

Thinking over all the information I have found out I decided to head to the Greek mythology section which I knew where to find from spending 6 months in the library. As I grabbed a book and started reading, I was shocked at the information in it and had a sinking feeling that most of it was true. What really hammered it in was finding the name Chiron Trainer of Heroes the same name and title as the Latin teacher.

After thinking it over for a couple of minutes I finished the book and I decided That I was going to observe them and hope for one of them to make a mistake.

(Time Skip) 1 week later

I have not found any useful information I thought in frustration. And well what I mean by no useful information is that all I have managed to find out is that Grover eats cans, I guess he really is part goat. But nothing else other than a field trip to the museum tomorrow I thought as I was exiting class. Just as I was turning to head towards my room I hear Mr. Brunner call out to Grover.

"Grover I need to talk to you about your grades, your Latin is not doing too well".

"Sure thing Mr. Brunner" I hear Grover say in a worried voice.

Why was he worried I thought as I decided to walk by the door then come back when they close it. Sure enough, there was Grover closing the door, looking around and seeing no students I slowly walk to the door and put my ear against it and listen in, ignoring the [ding!] telling me I got a notification.

"What are we going to do about the Fury", I hear Grover question in a worried voice. "I can not fail to bring another demigod to camp".

"You won't fail Grover", I hear Chiron say. "You can now bring Percy to the camp this weekend now that we are sure he is the demigod and don't worry about the Fury"

"Ok ok this weekend I can do that", Grover says repeating himself slightly as he did so.

Slowly pulling away from the door I walked to the library reeling from the information I had just heard. Camp, demigod and apparently they were not with the fury. I would say from the tone in Grover's voice that the fury being here was not a good thing. At least I now know I am apparently a demigod which I had read about in the library previously, now who am I the son of is the question? [Ding!] I paused as I heard the sound of the notification.

[You have gained a new skill.]

Eavesdrop Lv-1 (0%)

[Congratulation you have found out your heritage, unfortunately, you do not know who you are the son of.]

+ 5,000 Exp

[For not finding out your full heritage + 5 stats have been removed from reward]

[Ding!], [Ding!], [Ding!], [Ding!] I keep hearing multiple multiple times the sound of notifications going off, but all I can do is stare at the + 5 stats removed. I had chosen the 8-month deadline to get that bonus and now I had failed the quest. I groaned as I opened the notifications not in the mood after failing that quest. Even though five stats may not seem like much after finding out I am a demigod and the English teacher is someone who serves the god of the underworld I need every stat I can get. Opening the bracelet I was surprised yet ecstatic after reading what the text said.

[You have leveled up!]

[You now have enough information to unlock system name]

[Name unlocked The demigod System]

Quickly I opened The demigod System.

[The demigod System]

[Character Status]

[Name: Percy Jackson] Lv.10 Exp 700/1000

[Age: 15] [Race: demigod] [Titles: None]

[HP: 225/225] (Health regen: 1.4 per min)

[Stamina: 212.5/212.5] (Stamina regen 2.8 per min)

[Mana: 700/700]

[Affinity: Unknown]

[Stats]

Strength - 7

Vitality - 13

Dexterity - 4

Intelligence - 35

Wisdom - 12

Charisma - 2

Luck - 0

[Skills]

Eavesdrop Lv-1 (0%)

Observe Lv-5 (93%)

Running Lv-3(73%)

Cooking Lv-1(20%)

Languages: English Lv-Max, Latin Lv-2

[Perks]

Knowledge Absorber: You can learn skills from books, the more advanced the book the higher the skill you get is.] Can raise skill level by absorbing books for that skill.

[Special Abilities: Unknown]

Items: Credit Card

Item shop:

Stat Points - 65

Skill Points: - 0

[Special Ability Points: 0]

Relationships: Mom - 100/100

[Reputation: Locked]

Money: 55$

Amazement could not describe what I was feeling right now, first I am now a much higher level second, I am so tempted to use my skill points but I know from my experience in raising my intelligence stat that the higher the stat the harder it is to raise. As I was thinking over all that had happened with my character status, I turned to go to my room to rest for the field trip that is happening tomorrow.

The next morning as we were getting off of the bus to enter the museum I saw Mrs. Dodds glaring at me. Shivering I decided it would be best to avoid her on this trip.

"Now class can anyone tell me what this picture represents", spoke Mr. Brunner. I glanced around while I listened to some music with low volume.

"Percy, I see that you are paying since you seem to be paying attention, why don't you tell me the answer".

Looking at him then the picture I then said. "That's Kronos eating his kids". I would not have been able to answer that almost a year ago but now it was a breeze.

"Correct and he did this why?" he questioned wanting more of an answer.

I'm really glad I read all those books now. "Kronos was the king of all titans who did not trust his kids, who were gods, So he ate them. But his wife Rhea hid Zeus and fed her husband a rock instead. When Zeus grew older he then tricked his father into throwing up his siblings. who as immortals had been living in the titan's stomach undigested. The gods then together using their father's own weapon defeated him and cut him up scattering his remains in the darkest parts of Tartarus."

Glancing around I saw quite a few people with there eyes wide open especially Mr. Brunner, he probably thought I don't know much especially since I don't pay much attention in class.

"That is correct Mr. Jackson, he said in a slightly surprised voice."

"On that happy note, it's time for lunch. Mrs. Dodds pleas lead the children outside."

As I sat outside eating my food I looked up at the rapidly darkening sky. A huge storm was appearing with bigger and darker clouds than I had ever seen before. I wonder how long this had been going on, I had been practically living in the library this year after all. Just as I was finishing my sandwich Grover joined me which was not much of a surprise anymore now that I knew the truth.

As I was putting my sandwich wrapper in the trash near the fountain Nancy appeared. I was about to just about to walk away when she plopped to the ground yelling. "Percy pushed me!" in a banshee-like voice.

Out of nowhere, Mrs. Dodds appeared I guess that's some sort of ability fury have.

"Mr. Jackson come with me," she said in a gleeful voice.

That's odd I thought what does she want. I barely took a few steps when Grover came up shakily and said. "I pushed her Mrs. Dodds, it was me."

Why was he trying to cover for me I thought to myself as Mrs. Dodds ignored him making me follow her inside the museum to an empty room. I mean it's not like she's going to attack me or anything.

All of the sudden she stopped turned around said in a hiss. "You've been causing trouble for us."

I looked at her in confusion and asked, "trouble I questioned?".

"We are not fools Percy Jackson, confess and we won't hurt you too much before we kill you." She whispered in a small hiss.

I backed up in surprise again ignoring the [ding!] sound of a notification, stupid, stupid I thought to myself what made me think she would not hurt me, I mean she is a torturer of Hades. Thinking quickly I opened the demigod system and clicked item shop looking for something I could buy for 55$. Scrolling through it I found nothing in my pitiful price range for a weapon at least. Closing the screen window I decided to run, there was no way I could fight a fury of Hades with my fists.

Running under an archway I heard what sounded like the tearing of skin and clothes. Glancing back I jumped to the floor dodging what looked to be a massive creature with four wings and a bald head an sharp teeth. Getting back up I turned back in the other direction hoping I could make it outside when I saw Mr. Brunner coming into the room.

"Percy", he yelled, "catch".

He through was looked to be a pen. I looked down at the pen than at him is he serious right now I thought. Right as I was about to demand an answer I decided to use observe remembering that this is Chiron, trainer of heroes.

[Riptide]

+ 100 damage

[This weapon is made of made of Celestial Bronze and can damage gods, demigods, Titans, Giants, and monsters.]

Reading the weapon's stats I was suddenly glad I did not have enough money for the shop nothing I bought would have ended up damaging the fury. Clicking the top of the pen a beautiful 3-foot celestial bronze sword appeared from the pen's transformation. Looking towards the fury I watched as she flew towards me getting closer and closer. I ducked as she tried to swipe her claws at me and swung the sword at her unprotected back. I heard a scream of rage and saw some text appear above her head.

-170 HP!

[Name: Alecto] Lv.60

[HP: 830/1,000]

I looked at the text in surprise, so it seems my strength is worth ten damage per strength point. Opening my stats I put five stat points into strength.

[Stats]

Strength - 12

Vitality - 13

Dexterity - 4

Intelligence - 35

Wisdom: - 12

Charisma: - 2

Luck: - 0

Stat Points - 60

Closing the window time started again but this time I turned too late. I felt the Furies claws scratch my arm.

-200 HP!

[HP: 25/225] (Health regen: 1.4 per min)

[Stamina: 195/212.5] (Stamina regen 2.8 per min)

[Mana: 700/700]

She does a hundred damage with just a scratch I thought to myself in shock, how am I supposed to beat her. Completely forgetting about Chiron I decided that the only way I was going to be able to beat the fury was jumping straight at her. As she swooped back down I leaped straight into the air and stabbed my sword into her, just barley dodging her claws.

-220 HP!

[Bleed affect caused] -10 damage per sec

[Bleed Duration] - 1 min

[Name: Alecto] Lv.60

[HP: 620/1,000]

The fury flew around the room screaming as she tried wrenching the sword out of her body. As she crashed to the floor the fury finally managed to pull the sword out of her body. I walked towards her as she dropped the sword watching as her health went down.

-10 HP!

-10 HP!

-10 HP!

-10 HP!

[Name: Alecto] Lv.60

[HP: 200/1,000]

I picked up the sword and as soon as I saw her health lowering to two hundred I did one last slice with the sword and watched as the fury exploded into golden dust.

[Ding!]

(I know Mrs. Dodds is the Pre-Algebra teacher but during the last chapter, I forgot so she is now the English teacher. Some of the fanfic will be better since I can now reference the book for dialogue lines that the character's say, mixed with a bit of my own tweaked or original dialogue lines.

This was also the first battle scene I have ever written no matter how short it was, I hope it's all right.

For any wondering on why he was able to beat a level 60 fury, well that is because of his sword and the bleed damage. Since the sword does 100 damage I made bleed 10 damage which did 600 damage during the minute duration. He would not have won otherwise. Thanks for reading.)

واصل القراءة

ستعجبك أيضاً

337 19 20
Beige is a normal 16 year old boy or at least he thought he was normal. His life drastically begins to change out of random with his cousin Notashino...
155K 2.1K 22
Percy got betrayed by most of his friends, The gods, and his very own Mother. He Ran away to the only people he knows he can trust, The goddess Hecat...
279K 10.1K 64
*Complete* 130,000+ words 𝔹𝕠𝕠𝕜 𝕠𝕟𝕖 It started with an obsession. No matter what anyone could say, I was one of the biggest fans anyone could g...
381K 6.3K 25
Percy Jackson's finally at peace. The gods have made him, the seven, and some of his other friends gods. He thinks nothing can go wrong - right. As...