Definitely Unexpected

By TheOnlyBurningCandle

Summary: 25 year old Audrey Collins lives an ordinary life; works part time at Starbucks and lives alone wit... More

Authors Note
Chapter 1: The Starbucks Employee
Chapter 2: The Lonely Celebrity
Chapter 3: Parties and Alleyways
Chapter 4: Hey There Stranger
Chapter 5: Believers Never Die
Chapter 6: Going Down Swingin'
Chapter 7: Don't You Dare Fangirl On Me!!
Chapter 8: Films, Games and Pizza for the Vegan
Chapter 9: Consequences of Saturday Night
Chapter 10: There's Your Reason
Chapter 11: Just Dinner Right?
Chapter 12: A Miracle
Chapter 13: Time To Tour
Chapter 14: Wanderer
Chapter 15: Salt Lake City
Chapter 16: Me and You...
Chapter 17: Pete fucking knew it
Chapter 18: Sad times come...
Chapter 19: I need to Run Dry...
Chapter 21: It's gonna get better
Epilogue: Thnks Fr The Mmrs
SEQUEL IS UP

Chapter 20: Miss Missing You...

2.1K 107 64
By TheOnlyBurningCandle

Authors note:

AHHHH 30k reads!! Thank you I love you all so much!!!

ALSO HI ME AND MY GOOD FRIEND ALEX (mikey-clifford) ARE COLLABORATING TOGETHER AND ARE WRITING A 5 SECONDS OF SUMMER FANFIC TO DO WITH MICHAEL CLIFFORD AND I WOULD REALLY LOVE IT IF YOU WOULD GO AND CHECK IT OUT.

ITS CALLED: "Without you I'm a lost boy" PLEASE GO READ AND LOVE MY FRIEND.

Also congratulations to Pete Wentz and his goddess of a girlfriend Meagan Camper on their baby boy Saint Lazslo Wentz!!! AH!!!!

I do not own any of fob * sigh* but I do own my character Audrey and her friends.

Enjoy!!! :D x

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 20: Miss Missing You

(Audrey Collins | First Person)

I love October. The weather is just starting to get cold, the trees are all in Autumn colours, there's Halloween and then you can look forward to the end of the year.

It had been three months since the break up in New York... And a lot had happened since then. I had made the decision to move out of my apartment as the rent was getting too high and everything reminded me of Monty... I missed him so much and I wish he had been with me in those first few weeks after New York.

But luckily, I had had my friends with me, to help me and support me. It was Gwen who suggested I moved in with her. She had been looking for a roommate in her flat to help pay the rent and I was moving out so the deal fit.

I hung out with. Gwen and the others regularly now, seeing as I had neglected them a bit when I had been dating Patrick. We went to clubs quite often, had movie nights, that sort of thing.

But I still felt myself not able to move on... I needed a change.

"How about you go and get a hair cut?" Gwen said once over dinner (which was pepperoni pizza from the take out down the road).

"What?" I said looking up.

"A hair cut. That's a change. A new look is what you need. We'll go out shopping and get you a whole new wardrobe and a hair cut might suit you."

Gwen paused for a moment as she took a giant bite of her slice of pizza and chewed it, thinking for a moment.

"I mean, I decided to do that when I broke up with Jesse and now look at me; I've got colours in my hair and I look amazing." Gwen grinned and I couldn't help but laugh.

"What do you have in mind then?" I asked leaning back in my seat.

"Hmm... How about going back to your original colour? Or maybe take off a few inches?" Gwen suggested.

"Sure, maybe." I grinned.

That maybe turned into a definite yes. I went down to my local salon the next say with long curly dark brown hair and living an old life but afterwards, I left with a new sense of purpose. This sounds super cheesy but it's just how I feel.

However, when I got home to find Gwen, Eden and Rosemary in the flat, they all thought I'd gone insane.

"Hey, Audie! Let's see your -" Gwen paused as she saw me. "What the absolute fuck did you do to your hair?!"

"I cut it." I said defensively.

"No shit." Rosemary scoffed.

"No, what we thought you was getting was blonde and a few inches shorter..." Eden began to say.

"Not getting a fucking Miley Cyrus hair cut!" Gwen exploded.

It was true, I had cut my hair that short. It was now a pixie cut with the same shade of blonde I had been born with; dirty blonde.

"Oh shut up. It's a new start right?" I smiled weakly over at them as I sat down next to them.

Gwen went to say something but Eden elbowed her gently but gave her a look. Gwen sighed and looked up at me and nodded.

"Yeah, you're right." She smiled.

"Now let's get ready to go out, I'm done with sitting around." I grinned while the others let out a cheer.

(Patrick Stump | Third Person)

(FLASHBACK)

Patrick sighed as he walked into a Starbucks in Chicago finally back home. He walked up to the counter tiredly but his eyes widened as he saw who was behind the counter.

"Gwen!" He exclaimed.

The Japanese-American girl let out a yelp and turned around with wide eyes as she looked at her friends famous ex boyfriend.

"Patrick, what are you doing here?" She asked.

Well obviously he was going to buy coffee but now he had a different purpose.

"Have you seen Audrey lately? I've been trying to get through to her..." Patrick said.

"Her phone broke. So she had to get a new one." Gwen said. Which was true... But she knew Audrey still wouldn't have answered the phone anyway.

"But I went to her apartment and they said she didn't live there anymore." Patrick murmured sadly.

"She moved out Patrick." Gwen sighed.

"Can you at least-"

"Patrick, she doesn't want to see you. You hurt her and even if I wanted to tell you I couldn't."

"Why?!" Patrick demanded.

"Uh... Best friends honour?"

"What?!"

"I'm sorry but I'd be a bit of a dick if I told you where she was. She's a mess right now and she needs time to heal." Gwen sighed.

Patrick went to argue again but sighed and nodded sadly.

"Okay..." He sighed. "I'll leave her alone... But can you tell Audrey I'm sorry?"

"Okay Patrick..." Gwen said sadly. "What can I get you?"

Patrick quickly ordered and Gwen gave him his drink on the house.

"Hey Patrick, I really am sorry. I thought you two were gonna stay with each other for much longer than this.

"So did I... I just love her..." Patrick sighed brokenly.

"I truly am sorry..." Gwen replied sadly.

"Yeah..." Patrick sighed and thanked her for the drink and left.

(FLASHBACK OVER)

"Yo Patrick, you up?!"

Patrick groaned and sat up in his bed, hair super fluffy but his face tired and bags under his eyes. Of course Pete would just turn up unexpected and just use his key.

"Hey penny!"

And Joe was here now. Andy would most likely be somewhere as well then. Patrick sighed and got out, walking down the stairs in just a black shirt and his Batman pyjama bottoms and turned to look at his other band members.

"Jesus dude you look like shit." Joe exclaimed.

"Thanks Joe." Patrick muttered and Joe held his hands up in surrender when Pete shot him a look.

Patrick went to his kitchen and went to make himself a cup of tea. In his mind, Patrick was grateful that Pete had got Joe off of his case. But, Pete was like that only a while ago. He knew Pete was still mad with what he had done but...

Patrick sighed and ran a hand through his hair and then rubbed his temple, tired and annoyed. It was lucky they were having a few weeks off before they started their Save Rock and Roll tour with Panic! At The Disco and Twenty One Pilots.

"Dude, you have no food. Joe and I are gonna go buy some food." Pete said randomly, grabbing Joe and walking out of the door.

Andy just turned and looked at Patrick and shrugged before sitting down. Patrick sat down in the other seat with his cup of tea in his hand and sighed.

"They're trying to get you to talk some sense into me aren't they?" Patrick said after a moment.

Andy shrugged. "You are an idiot though."

"How?" Patrick frowned.

"For kicking Audrey out of your life." Andy said simply.

"Hey-" Patrick went to defend himself but Andy raised his hand and Patrick closed his mouth and just listened.

"Yeah, we were there when Elisa cheated on you because were you're friends but when that girl found you, she could have left you in the gutter; literally, you were unconscious in an alley. But she didn't. She helped you in more ways than you realised Patrick. She fixed you and you helped her at the same time.

But you were an idiot to let your old insecurities come through and stop that relationship. Yeah, that dick head kissed her but you never let her explain what happened. She never kissed back; and do you really think a girl who loved you that much would cheat on you? She has always been there for you and you threw her away and you were and still are an idiot."

Once Andy finished talking, Patrick sat there and looked at his friend with wide eyes.

"Andy, I think that's the most I've ever heard you say." Was all Patrick could think of to say.

"Patrick...!" Andy warned.

"Sorry..." Patrick mumbled.

"But seriously..." Andy said as he picked up his phone and opened up the instagram app and went to Pete's where he had posted months ago a picture of Audrey and Patrick and turned the phone so Patrick could see. "Do you still love her?"

Patrick sighed as he saw the picture. It was at a double date himself, Audrey, Meagan and Pete had gone on. They had gone round Pete's and had dinner there and were sitting out in Pete's garden laughing and joking around.

The picture showed Audrey mid laugh with her 'sweater pawed' hands going to cover her mouth while she laughed and her eyes crinkled up and her mouth spread out in a large open mouthed grin.

Patrick had leant over and was pressing a kiss to her cheek while Audrey laughed? His eyes closed and a happy content smile on his face.

Patrick blinked as he saw how happy he looked in the photo. Audrey had always been able to make him smile and bring out the good side of him. It seemed during the last year it was quite rare to see him generally happy.

Oh god.

He really fucked up.

Andy smiled as he saw Patricks eyes widened and grip onto his hair.

"I knew it." Andy smiled.

"But she doesn't want to see me anymore." Patrick sighed miserably. "I kept trying but she didn't want to see me so I finally gave up..."

"Don't worry, leave it to us."

"Oh god what are you doing?!"

(Pete Wentz | First Person)

"Yeah! Pizza!" I cheered as Joe walked out carrying the boxes.

"Has she rung yet?" Joe asked once getting into the car.

"Not yet." I said putting the boxes on joes lap after he put his seatbelt on. "She said she'd call once she'd spoken Audrey."

"Oh okay, wait is that her?!" Joe exclaimed as my phone began to ring.

"Gwen?" I answered and waited while she spoke and then I grinned over at Joe who raised an eyebrow.

Oh hell yeah.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

41.1M 1.1M 42
When Arianna marries billionaire Zach Price to save her family, she doesn't expect to fall in love with a man who'd always consider her a second choi...
227M 6.9M 92
When billionaire bad boy Eros meets shy, nerdy Jade, he doesn't recognize her from his past. Will they be able to look past their secrets and fall in...
6.6M 180K 55
⭐️ ᴛʜᴇ ᴍᴏꜱᴛ ʀᴇᴀᴅ ꜱᴛᴀʀ ᴡᴀʀꜱ ꜰᴀɴꜰɪᴄᴛɪᴏɴ ᴏɴ ᴡᴀᴛᴛᴘᴀᴅ ⭐️ ʜɪɢʜᴇꜱᴛ ʀᴀɴᴋɪɴɢꜱ ꜱᴏ ꜰᴀʀ: #1 ɪɴ ꜱᴛᴀʀ ᴡᴀʀꜱ (2017) #1 ɪɴ ᴋʏʟᴏ (2021) #1 IN KYLOREN (2015-2022) #13...
5.5M 492K 98
✫ 𝐁𝐨𝐨𝐤 𝐎𝐧𝐞 𝐈𝐧 𝐑𝐚𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐫𝐞 𝐆𝐞𝐧'𝐬 𝐋𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐒𝐚𝐠𝐚 𝐒𝐞𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐬 ⁎⁎⁎⁎⁎⁎⁎⁎⁎⁎⁎ She is shy He is outspoken She is clumsy He is graceful...