It's Elementary My Dear

By ICrzy01

Our story is of a small town, and the people who live in the town. From a distance, it presents itself like a... More

~Cast~
Season 1
01
02
03
04
05
06
07
08
09
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
Season 2
41
42
43
44
45
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
58
59
60
61
62
63
64
65
66
67
68
69
70
71
72
73
74
75
76
77

46

1.2K 35 5
By ICrzy01

Veronica opened the door to Betty and Jughead -- everyone minus Kevin and Peter had arrived at the Lodge home. Kevin had texted Veronica telling her that he unfortunately cannot make it. Veronica was a little disappointed but was certain that Peter might show up soon.

Archie sitting on the couch -- in front of the TV as they see Betty and Jughead come in with Veronica.

Conversation smoothly went to the man in hood that Archie has become obsessed with. And who could blame him -- the man shot his own father.

"Moose and Midge had described him," Archie said, "The same guy who shot my dad- same hood and same eyes."

"We don't know for sure, Archie." Jughead said looking at his friend.

"I tried to convince my dad to buy a gun." Archie said.

Betty looked shocked, "A gun!" She looks directly at Archie.

Archie looks at Betty, "I want us to be armed," He said, "Just in case."

Veronica sits down next him, "Archie?"

"I'm sorry," He ran his hand over his face, "I'm sorry. This thing- honestly, its been a lot."

"We don't expect you to be fine." Betty said.

"It's just my dad keeps saying, "leave it to Sheriff Keller" and I'm like "yeah cause he did a great job catching Jason's murderer". Oh wait, I'm sorry." Archie was upset, "That was us."

Veronica reached over, "Inside voices, please." She says.

Jughead reached over to grab the popcorn that was made and sitting next to the angry redhead. He held onto the bowl and began to eat.

Jughead shakes his head, "No, don't stop him. Archie is going Travis Bickle is my favorite Archie yet." He says.

Betty gives Jughead a look -- but that doesn't stop Archie. Archie leans forward, putting his head in his hands.

"Doesn't it feel like he's targeting us? I mean, specifically?" Archie asks, "I don't want anyone else getting hurt."

Veronica looks from the couple to Archie, "You know back in the salad days, when we had a getaway on the Cape, all of us got together and hired private security to keep out the riffraff as an added layer of protection." She said.

"I loved that little house," Hiram spoke.

Entering the room was Hiram Lodge, and behind him was Peter.

"Daddy," Veronica said.

"I found this one at the door before we were going to dinner at the club." Hiram said gesturing to Peter.

Peter waves, "Hi."

Veronica smiles at him.

"Anyways, I wanted to meet your friends first." Hiram said.

This seemed to make Veronica blossom -- a big smile appeared on the brunette's face. She stood up and gestures to Betty.

"This is Betty Cooper." Veronica said.

Betty turns to Hiram with a smile, "Hi, nice to meet you."

Hiram held a smile and nods at Betty.

"And Jughead Jones," Veronica said.

"Hi," Jughead said.

Hiram nods.

"You know my dad," Jughead said.

Hiram nods again, "I do. He's a good man. He values family. I hope his return comes sooner rather than later." He said.

Jughead nods, "Yeah, so do we."

After sensing some tension, Veronica then moves to point out Archie. Hiram's gaze moved to his daughter next to the redhead.

"And, daddy, this is Archie Andrews." Veronica said with a smile.

Archie stood up to give Hiram a proper handshake. Hiram stepped over with a smile on his face as he accepted the handshake from the teenage.

"Ah, this is the boy who's captured my daughter's heart." Hiram said.

Veronica nudges her dad, "Daddy." She said.

"Uh- it's nice to meet you, sir." Archie said.

Hiram shakes his head, "Ah, please. Call me Hiram." He said, "Look, I couldn't help but overhear your discussion and I- um I understand your frustration with Sheriff Keller. As for someone who's had his own run-ins with the law."

There it was -- and awkward tension due to Hiram's criminal background. However, that didn't stop Hiram from chuckling -- even if it felt forced.

"I can say with confidence that the police aren't always the solution. Sometimes we need to take matters into our own hands." He says, "We need to be able to protect ourselves."

In came Hermione -- all dressed up to match the fanciness of Hiram's attire. She smiles at Peter, to which Peter gives a smile back.

"We're gonna lose our table." Hermione said to Hiram.

Hiram nods, "Oh yes, of course. It was nice to meet you all." Hiram walks to his wife and then adds, "Oh and Archie,"

Archie looks at Hiram, "Yes?"

"Why don't you come over for dinner this week?" Hiram asks.

Archie and Veronica exchanged looks -- her being surprised that her father wanted to get to know Archie, and Archie just being suddenly nervous.

"I look forward to seeing what you come up with to save Riverdale." Hiram said and then left with Hermione.

Veronica smiles at Archie and then turns to Peter. Peter was sending a text message before looking up at Veronica. Betty glanced between the two before landing her eyes on Veronica.

"I thought you said inner circle?" Betty asks.

Veronica looks at Betty, "Come on, Betty. Peter has been friends with you, Archie, and Jughead since you were babies. And we've become friends, so I just assumed-."

Peter awkwardly rubbed the back of his neck, "I mean if you don't want me here I could always-."

Betty shakes her head, "No, I don't want you to walk home after just getting here." She said.

Peter looks from Betty to Veronica -- to everyone minus, Toni, Ned, and Veronica, his home was still the mansion. However, he had to come clean eventually. Because he can't keep lying -- and it'll be a matter of time until a new wealthy family finds out the Lockhart estate is for sale.

Jughead looks at Peter, "Yeah man," He says, "It's not issue."

Peter nods.

After everyone took a seat -- Jughead and Betty shared the couch together, Veronica and Archie shared a couch together, and Peter had a sofa to himself.

~RIVERDALE~

During the show -- Veronica would glance over, and every now and then Peter would be on his phone. After having enough, during a commercial break, Veronica turns to him.

"Do you want to leave?" Veronica asks, "Because you've been texting since you got here."

Peter looks up, "Huh? Oh no," He says, "It just Ned."

"Ned? Is something wrong?" Betty asks.

Peter glanced at her, "No. Nothing is wrong. It's just- it's just my birthday is coming up and he wants to throw a party."

Jughead tosses some popcorn in his mouth, "Oof, been there." He mutters.

Veronica's eyes lit up, "Oh we can plan something with Ned."

"We can?" Archie asks.

"Yes." Veronica said.

Everyone looks at Veronica a bit confused -- including Peter. Sure, he and Veronica were getting pretty close but he didn't expect that.

"Oh come on guys," Veronica said, "I think this is what we all need."

Archie glanced at Peter after looking at Veronica, "I mean its up to you, Peter." He said.

Peter looks at the rag tag group, "Um- yeah, but I'm in charge on who's invited. I don't want too many people there." Peter said.

Veronica squeals and leaps out of her seat, "Oh this is going to be fun." She said.

Betty kept glancing over at Peter and Veronica -- silently trying to figure out what is going on. Sure, she was happy that her and Peter remain friends -- despite things not being the same since the breakup. Also, she is happy that Peter is friends with Archie and Jughead -- though things between Jughead and Peter haven't been the same since the reveal of the kiss.

Betty was happy that Kevin and Veronica were getting along with Peter. Though, Betty wondered how Peter and Veronica suddenly got so close. Sure, she knew that their parents knew each other. Heck, everyone in Riverdale knows each other. It odd.

~RIVERDALE~

Archie headed out, and then Betty and Jughead -- though Peter remain to help clean up. Peter had dumped the remaining popcorn in the trash.

Peter got a text and replied to it before putting it in his pocket. Veronica put some of the cups in the sink and looks at him.

"So, uh- how are things? With your dad?" Veronica asks.

Peter shrugs, "Well, my mom told me that his court hearing relating to his lawsuits for people getting hurt from the cheap equipment start tomorrow."

Veronica nods.

"He thinks he can fix this, but I'm not so sure." Peter said.

Veronica gestures to the fridge, "Want a drink?"

Peter nods.

Veronica grabs two cans of pop and hands one to Peter. She leans on the counter whereas Peter just leaned against the wall near her as he opened his drink.

"So he's in New York?" Veronica asks.

Peter nods, "Uh huh." He said, "He said he'll be gone for a while, I don't know really. Maybe until his court hearings are done and when he finds out if the business is dead or not."

Veronica took a sip of her drink, "Are you planning on telling anyone else about this?" She asks.

Peter sighs and used the hand not holding his drink to rub the bridge of his nose. He shakes his head as he does that.

"I don't know," He says, "Maybe."

Veronica frowns, "Peter."

"Just there is a lot going on," He says, "Archie's dad- Midge and Moose- this killer."

Veronica placed the drink down and then reached over to Peter, she grabbed a hold of him and hugged him. This shocked him -- it was even shocking for Veronica that she did it. However, for whatever reason, she felt the need to hug him.

"It doesn't matter," She says and pulls back, "What is going on doesn't negate what's going on at home."

Peter nods to himself.

Veronica reached to lift his chin to look at her. The two brunette's were staring into their brown eyes.

"Promise me," Veronica said, "To stop putting yourself last. You matter, Peter."

Peter looks at the floor before looking at her, he nods his head at her.

"Alright, Veronica." He said.

Veronica then gives him a smile and shoves him forward -- causing the boy to laugh. He accepted the shove, taking a few steps back.

The door open.

"We're home," It was Hiram's voice.

Veronica then looks in their direction, "In the kitchen," She says, "Just hanging with Peter."

In the kitchen came Hermione and Hiram. Both greeting the teens with smiles. Hermione placed her purse on the counter and turns to the two.

"Have a fun evening with your friends, Veronica?" Hermione asks.

Veronica nods, "Yeah." She said.

Hermione glanced at Peter, "I'm assuming you decided to volunteer yourself to help clean up." She said.

Peter smiles awkwardly, "Guilty," He said.

Hiram looks at his wrist watch, "You should be heading home, Peter. It's getting late and I'm certain your mother might be worried where you are." Hiram said.

Peter nods, "I was just planning on heading out," He said.

Peter began to head out only to stop for a moment to turn back to the Lodge family.

"Night, Veronica. I'll see you tomorrow." He said.

Veronica smiles, "Night."

Peter glanced at Hermione and Hiram, "Good night, Mr and Mrs Lodge." He said.

Hermione smiles, "Night, Peter."

Hiram nods at the boy.

Peter left -- and when he left, Veronica headed to her bedroom. Once the adults were alone, Hiram poured himself some whiskey and then looks at his wife.

"That boy is so well mannered." Hiram said.

Hermione looks at him, "I know."

"I could see Veronica having a future with him," Hiram said.

Hermione shakes her head, "She doesn't like him, besides she's dating Archie Andrews."

Hiram took a sip of his drink and says, "Yes, that is true."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

Light A Match By Aut

Mystery / Thriller

1.9K 81 18
- COMPLETED - Everywhere she went she was known as Fire. Cheryl Blossom rocked red, displayed fire in her soul. That was until the day she met Toni...
79.5K 1.6K 22
"I'm just not in love with you anymore Betty and I'm sorry you had to find out this way" He tells me as he grips the sheet around his waist. "So you...
24.2K 1.2K 49
~ COMPLETED ~ After the encouter they shared at his tralier, The aftermath's catastrophic to them and not only them, everyone around them. What if so...
6.2K 95 17
~ DISCONTINUED ~ JUST KEEP READING THE CHAPTERS GET BETTER I SWEAR! ~ Betty Cooper: Your perfect, blonde, beautiful, smart girl-next-door. Little do...