The Alpha and the Assassin

starrydreamss tarafından

"Why did you kill my Gamma?" He growls again. My eyes dart up meet his emerald green ones. In an instant, I'm... Daha Fazla

Author's Note
Characters and Aesthetics
The Alpha and the Assassin
Prologue
Chapter 2

Chapter 1

272 11 1
starrydreamss tarafından

I sigh, gulping down what seems to be my millionth shot tonight. The music is pounding, the club smells disgustingly like body odor, and my throat burns from many shots of tequila. Normally, I would be out on the dance floor having the time of my life, but tonight I'm just bored.

I weave my way through sweaty bodies, scanning the room until I find my target.There. I spot a tall, light brown haired man surrounded by a cloud of giggling girls right in the middle of the dance floor. Usually I would pick an approach less conspicuous, but I'm so bored out of my mind that I honestly don't care.

Putting on a seductive smile, I approach the man and tap his shoulder. He turns around, then scans my body up and down, his eyes lingering on my cleavage.

He gives me a lazy grin. "Dance?"

I nod and pull him farther onto the dance floor. His eyes are still on my chest and I silently thank the wonders of push up bras. He puts his arms around my waist, hands slowly drifting lower as I grind myself against him. I can feel his warm breath against me as he moans and I grin, rolling my hips harder in response.

He eventually pulls me out into the cool air of the alley by the nightclub, stumbling over my feet as he pushes me against the wall and slobbers all over my neck. I grimace. I should have approached him much earlier, now he was so drunk he could barely stand up properly.

His hands squeeze my ass as his mouth moves up toward my lips. Carefully, I reach for the knife at my side. My fingers close around air.

Damn, I must have dropped it at the bar. I'll have to do this the messy way. I start kissing my way along the man's neck, feeling my canines elongate as I do so. I run my tongue along his jugular, hearing him moan as I do so.

"Yes baby, yes!" I roll my eyes; I hate pet names. 

I can hear him breathing harder now, so I seize the moment, biting viciously through the skin and tearing out his throat.

Blood gushes from the wound and the metallic taste of it fills my mouth. I scrunch up my nose in distaste and spit some of it out onto the ground. I let the dead man drop to the ground and bend over to check his pockets for anything valuable. I grin when I find a pocket knife and a pack of mints.

"Thanks, dude," I tell him fondly, "I can use these mints to get the taste of your blood out of my mouth."

I open the box, but there aren't any mints - only a small razor blade. I smirk to myself, it appears I wasn't the only one a mission tonight. I wonder who would have died if I hadn't killed the man. 

I'm about to hightail it back to my apartment for the night when I hear the faintest sound of footsteps approaching. By the sound of it, the person advancing is trying to disguise their movements - meaning they know exactly what I've been up to.

Shit. My trap is about to catch someone much sooner than I anticipated, and I don't even have time to go back for the dagger I left at the bar.

I scramble around on the ground looking for anything else that can be used as a weapon. My hands scrabble desperately on the ground but I can't even find a good sized rock. I try searching the dead man again, but I don't find anything else. Guess I'm stuck with just a pocket knife and a  razor blade.

I stuff the blade inside my concealed bra pocket carefully, just in case I need it later, and grip the knife in my hand. I crouch in the shadows near a trash can, waiting for the footsteps. It's silent. I sniff the air, scenting cedar and pine. It must be a wolf.

The smallest shuffle gives me clue to get the hell out of the way, and I dive to the side just as figure pounces on the spot where I was just sitting. I scramble away, gripping the knife tightly in my hand, until I'm on the other side of the alley, across from the figure.

"Who are you?" He growls and my knees weaken at the sound of his voice. How is it possible for someone to sound so delicious? "Why did you kill my Gamma?" He growls again in that sensual voice of his.

I take a step closer to him and his intoxicating pine scent surrounds me. I almost groan at how good he smells. It's bothering me so much that his face is hidden in the shadows, but I try to push my thoughts to the side. Pull yourself together, Cyra!

I take another step forward warily, hiding the pocket knife behind my back. "Oh was he your Gamma? I'm sorry for your loss. I just found him as I stepped outside for some air." I let loose a few sniffles for dramatic effect and smile innocently. I see his shoulders loosen as he lets his guard down.

"You're female?" He asks, obviously surprised.

"Wow, figured that all out on your own, did you? Want a gold star?"

He growls in anger and I realize it probably wasn't the best idea to taunt him. The tequila is definitely still in my system.

He launches himself at me and I start running at fast as I can down the alley. Halfway down the alley, I jump to the side out of his path.

Before he can slow his momentum to turn, I jab out my arm, stabbing him in the side and twisting it into his wound. It's a small knife, but luckily he collapses to the ground while groaning in pain. I know it won't keep him down long though. It may take an hour for him to heal completely, but werewolves have incredible endurance, even when they're in pain.

I quickly jump on top of him, straddling him and keeping the blade against his throat. There's no way he can heal from a slit throat. I lean down, trying to look into his face hidden by a hood.

All I can glimpse through the shadows are glowing green eyes are flickering with gold so I know he must be struggling to hold his wolf in. My wolf has been strangely quiet this whole time, but now she won't shut up about how good this male smells.

I struggle to push her to the back of my mind so I can concentrate. "Who are you?" He asks me again.

Ah well, it won't do any harm to tell him my name. As soon as I kill him I'll be out of this shitty town anyway. "Cyra Farhadi, at your service." I salute him with the hand not pressing the knife to his throat.

"You're a rogue," he accuses me.

I roll my eyes at this male constantly stating the obvious. "No shit, Sherlock." He snarls back at me, his eyes almost completely turning molten gold. "Now, are you going to tell me your name or am I going to have to come up with one for you?"

He stays silent. I start listing some names off my fingers that I know will piss him off. "Let's see, you're totally a Billy? No? Barry? Marty?" He glares at me furiously. "I've got it! You must be Dick! Get it, cause you're a huge dick?"

He seriously looks like he wants to punch me now. "Look Dick," I sigh, "I'm sorry to be breaking up this blooming friendship early, but I've really gotta kill you now. So if you stay still, I'm sure things will be a lot less messy and a lot more comfortable for you."

His eyes grow wide in panic. "What? You can't kill me!"

I grin at him, watching him eye my bloodstained teeth. "Watch me, asshole." I press the blade even harder against him, letting blood drip down his neck.

Suddenly, my wolf pushes herself to the surface of my mind. Rarely, if ever, do our wolves actually communicate with us through words. It takes too much effort, they're too primitive for that. Usually, we stay in touch with our wolves through their emotions, that's how we know what they're thinking.

"No," she howls, "Mate!"

I pause pushing the knife against the male's throat as I absorb what she just said. Dick can't be my mate! Wouldn't the bond have kicked in by now? The male under me senses my moment of apprehension and in a split second I'm under him with the blade pressed to my throat.

As he presses his rock hard body against me, I try to ignore the lustful thoughts running through my head. I look up at his face that's finally visible.

Damn. Soft, messy black hair frames a face with a jawline sharp enough to cut glass. Long lashes fan across his high cheekbones, and god his lips, his perfect pink, plush lips look so kissable right now.

I reach my hand up and trail it along his jaw, feeling tingles spread throughout my body.

I look up into his golden eyes and he stares back at me, his eyes darkening with lust.

"Mine," he growls.

"Hello there, mate." I smirk up at him, licking the blood dripping from my lips.

Somehow, he finds that sexy and he smashes his lips against mine, knocking the breath out of me again.

As the taste of him fills my mouth, I moan in ecstasy, and he growls even lower. I wrap my legs around his hips, pushing myself as close to him as possible. My wolf is going crazy right now, showing me obscene images of us together.

And currently, I'm inclined to agree with her. The male groans against my mouth and heat floods me at the intensity of his touch. Abruptly, he pulls away from the kiss and I bring my mouth up to meet his again. Instead, he grips my head in his hands, and I'm in such a lust filled daze I don't even see it coming

"I'm sorry," he whispers, before slamming my head down onto the pavement and everything goes black.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Thank you for reading! If you enjoyed it, please comment and vote! 

xx Laur

Okumaya devam et

Bunları da Beğeneceksin

10.4M 370K 67
‶Your little mate, what is she like?″ ‶She's wild, but all the best flowers are.″ ✰ ★ ✰ ★ ✰ ★ ✰ ★ ✰ ★ ✰ ★ ✰ ★ ✰ ★ ✰ No one has ever seen Alpha Cedric...
13.3K 1.3K 17
a story of forbidden love ~ Excuse me ~ can I go for a ride ? - JJK Anytime baby~ -KTH I don't mean the bike -JJK I don't mean the bike either - KTH...
43.8M 1.3M 37
"You are mine," He murmured across my skin. He inhaled my scent deeply and kissed the mark he gave me. I shuddered as he lightly nipped it. "Danny, y...
659K 15.4K 32
Grace Anderson was left packless and without a family when the most ruthless Alpha to walk on earth decided to avenge the death of his dead father, w...