Concrete Rose (Dave East)

By dee_rae

"Did you hear about the rose that grew from a crack in the concrete? Provin nature's laws wrong it learned ho... More

Copyright ©️
Chapter 1
Announcement.
Chapter 2
Announcement
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
❤️❤️
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
New book cover
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
My heart is broken.
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Announcement.
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
IM BACK BITCHES 👏🏾
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Update
Update part 2
#MiyaMarcano

Chapter 44

21.7K 688 167
By dee_rae

Hey guys. I hope y'all had a good Thanksgiving. I did for sure. I'm still eating left overs 😭😭.
I hope y'all enjoy this chapter. Don't forget to comment vote and follow.

CHAPTER 44

Layla dropped her bag on the kitchen table as she entered. "What are you guys doing," she asked.

Maddison and Mugga was attacking Rell who laid on the floor. Maddison giggled loudly as she kept trying to push her father down. "Stayyy."

"I'm not the dog Mads," Rell laughed. "Yo get this dog off of me."

"Y'all better not break anything," she spoke. They had been living in their new home for more than a month and she still couldn't believe it.

Layla picked up Mugga and scrunched her face. "He needs a bath. He stinks."

Rell got up quickly and lifted Maddison into the air. "No more candy for your hyper ass."

Maddison continued to laugh and drool fell from her mouth onto his face. "Sorry dadda."

Rell placed her on her feet and she ran over to Layla. "Morning," she yelled.

"Morning baby," Layla said rubbing her scalp. "We need to do something with your hair."

Maddison groaned, she did not like combing her hair. "Noooooo."

"Yess nasty girl."

After washing his face quickly, Rell kissed Layla on her forehead. "How was work baby?"

"Slow for a night shift."

"You tired?"

Layla nodded. "I wanna take a nap."

"Okay, you still wanna go to the zoo."

"Yea probably around one."

Rell watched as she dragged herself to their room. Once he was finished cleaning up, he set Maddison up in her playroom. He then found Layla knocked out on their bed naked. He slipped off his slides and hopped in with her, pulling the sheet over them.

Layla snuggled up against him. "Mhmm, you smell good," he said kissing her face.

Layla wrinkled her noses as he kept smelling her. "Stop im sleeping."

"Sorry baby," he laughed.
——————————————-

Layla yawned as she sat up in the bed. She looked around and Rell was nowhere in sight. It was after 11 so she got up to shower.

The water cascaded down her body as she rubbed in the Motherlove Pregnant Belly Shower Oil to prevent stretch marks. She was a little over four months now and her tummy was barely showing.

She heard the bathroom door open and knew it was Rell. "You coming in?"

"Yeah," he said.

The glass door opened and Rell stepped in behind Layla. He instantly smelled the oil and got behind of her rubbing her tummy as well. "How did you sleep?"

"Good," she responded. "What's Maddison doing?"

"In the playroom."

She nodded as she handed him his shower wash and cloth. They stood cleaning themself as the music played over the bathroom speaker.

"This my song, turn it up," she danced as she got out the shower.

Rell leaned over to the control panel and turned the volume up.

"Buss a couple rounds inna me, ah mi sniper dat," she sang swaying back and forth holding on to the bathroom counter.

"Sit dung pon the buddy like a Cadillac he bawl out me a rida dat." Layla whined her hips slowly to the beat as she dropped down.

"Take off my heels," she sang turning around facing Rell. "And let me unbuckle your jeans now."

She pushed him to sit down then turned so her back was facing him. Bending in front of him, she continued to sing along, "Meh arch ma back and bawl out you gimme heart attack."

She sat on his lap still whining her hips. "My baby he know he a blessing, he know I could never forget him."

Rell held on to her smiling as she continued.

"I can't lie, you the best ever," she smiled in his face. "Take me so high. Mek me bawl out ohhhhhhh."

Rell tried to keep a straight face as she attempted to hit a high note. "You give it to me rough then you take it slowwwww."

"Ah mi sniper dat," she said bending at her knees whining. "Baby you the best inna di world, you gee the best sex inna di world."

Layla stood up and picked up her weave brush to continue singing her heart out. "When they ask who it fah, I say you ah the boss. Only you got my heart for true."

Rell was smiling so hard, Layla stopped singing to laugh. "Why are you looking at me like that," she asked.

"You're amazing man," he said hugging her. He lifted her up and placed her on the bathroom counter. "What song is this?"

"This girl from back home name Monéa. I keep hearing it on Snap and Instagram so I went to check out her album. It's really good. And I don't even like island music like that."

Rell nodded. "I like it. Especially the lyrics."

"The song is a whole mood."

"I can see," he said kissing on her neck. "You be smelling so good."

"Because I bathed duhhhh."

Rell ignored her as he continued sucking on her neck. Layla wrapped her arms around his neck as he lifted her up and began walking back to the bedroom.

"Baby you the best inna di world, you gee the best sex inna di world," she sang while laughing.
——————————————————

"Look at my babies," he said as he watched her take a mirror pic. "You look bigger today."

"It's how I'm standing. Don't be fooled I'm still small. My doctor said I may carry small."

Rell nodded as he admired her. "Want me to get Maddison dressed?"

"Noooooo. You're gonna put her in sweats. I'll dress her."

Layla left out the room and went to Maddison's playroom. Once Maddison saw her she came running. "Where you going?"

"To the zoo," Layla told her. "So let's clean up and get you ready."

"Okayyyyyy."

Layla helped her throw all the toys in the respectable bin and straighten up the room. Maddison didn't even wait for Layla, she dashed right off to her room with Mugga running behind her.

By time Layla reached to Maddison's room, she had already pulled clothes out.

Maddison held up a some jean shorts.

"Okay and what top," Layla asked her. Then Maddison lifted up two shirts. "The white one."

"Okay let's go clean up."

Layla followed Maddison into the bathroom. Despite living in the house for more than a month, she couldn't believe how much Rell went out to furnish and design.

"Ya daddy did all of this, and you can't reach nothing," Layla complained as she lifted Maddison into the tub.

"She's daddy's princess so she gets whatever she wants," Rell spoke as he entered the bathroom. "I'll help her since you're already dressed."

Layla nodded as she stood back talking with Maddison as Rell assisted her with reaching the stuff in the shower.

Once Maddison was finished, they went back to her room so she could get dressed.

"She's so damn spoiled," Layla spoke. "Look at this room. Even when my father's business started bringing in money my room looked the same. A bed, a dresser. I didn't get a tv until highschool. She has a whole palace and a slide."

"You sound jealous," Rell laughed.

"Maybe I am," she huffed. "She's growing up so fast though."

Rell nodded. "She's getting tall too."

"Gosh I wish Chanel could see her," Layla sighed looking at the picture of Chanel that sat on the pink side draw.

Rell rubbed her shoulder. "She is. Her and Romeo."

Layla squeezed his hand and smiled at him.

"Doneeeee," Maddison screamed. She had slipped on some Gucci Unicorn shoes. "I pretty?"

"You beautiful baby come let me fix your hair," Layla told her.

Rell used that time to go and light up before they left the house. "Imma be in the den. Let me know when you ready."

"Take off your shirt before you start please, I don't wanna smell it."

Rell nodded knowing she couldn't tolerate the smell. "I gotchu ma. Come comb ya hair mama."

Maddison held a sad face as she went for the hair bin and then sat in front of Layla. "No hard," she sighed.

"I'm just gonna do a bun."

Luckily Maddison cooperated so it didn't take too long to slick her hair up in a bun. "You ready?"

Maddison nodded. "Mugga?"

"He can't come baby."

"Why?"

"We're going to the zoo. He can't come okay?"

"Okay," she dragged.

"Go get daddy."

Once Maddison ran off, Layla went and packed a bag for them including little snacks and emergency items. She went to the garage and picked up the first key which happen to be the Bentley truck.

Rell came in holding Maddison in one arm. "You ready baby?"

She nodded and threw him the key.
———————————

"Look monkey," Maddison squealed. "I want one."

"Your dadda is enough," Layla joked.

Rell side eyed her. "Between the two of us you look more like a monkey."

"Ummm no. You definitely look more like a monkey. No an orangutan with that beard of yours."

"Now if I say what I wanna say and I hurt your feelings," Rell spoke.

Layla scrowled. "All of that ain even necessary."

The trio continued to walk around looking and point out all the animals. "What's that Mads?"

"Giraffe!"

"And that one?"

"Lion!"

"And what's sound do a lion make?"

"Rawwr!"

"Good job."

They stopped at Mahale Café to get some food.

"They have pizza. You want pizza," Rell asked Layla.

She nodded quickly. "Pepperoni. And can I have a hot dog?"

"No."

"But just one."

"No," he repeated.

"Well then I don't want anything to eat then," she huffed.

"Okay."

Layla walked off to sit while Rell and Maddison stood in place to order. She took out her phone and scrolled Instagram.

She opened up her DMs to see a bunch of messages asking for appointment dates. With everything happening it had been a while since she had done anyone's face. She even saw some endorsement deals from brands like FashionNova and Pretty Little things.

"All a bad bitch need is money," she sang. She exited the app and launched her email to see what was unread. Same as her DMs were a bunch of endorsements. She would have Rell's lawyer look over them to see if they were legit before accepting any.

Rell came over with Maddison trailing next to him. They both carried several to-go containers.

"You didn't bring me anything," she asked as they opened up their food and began eating.

"No you said you didn't want anything."

Maddison pushed her pizza toward Layla. "Share?"

"That's okay baby, you eat."

Rell rolled his eyes and continued to eat. Layla sat their trying to distract herself. After he finished his second slice of pizza, he pushed two containers towards her.

"Since you wanna be so difficult," he spoke. "Feed my daughter please."

"I knew you wouldn't let me starve," she smiled.

She opened up the containers to see two slices of pepperoni pizza, a hotdog and a chicken caesar salad. "Thank you daddy."

"Keep playing with me."

"I got some endorsement deals in my email. Can you have Jew look them over for me please."

Rell nodded. "You a Instagram model now?"

"Nah, well I don't think so. I'm more of a brand ambassador. Instagram doesn't pay me. But brands contact me to promote their stuff and they send me a shit load of things. Speaking of I need to check the mail."

"Mail?"

"Yeah I have a business mailbox that I have companies send me stuff at. Can we stop on our way home?"

"Yeah."

A small Congo band began playing live music and Maddison was dancing in her chair. "Go dance," Layla pushed her.

Maddison was shy at first but when Layla got up with her she began to relax. Rell videotaped as they both danced off beat.

Layla attempted to dance without twerking since the music wasn't compatible and she looked like a fool. Instead she began milky rocking and making a fool of herself. Eventually she went to sit down as Maddison continued dancing.

The drummer waved Maddison over and allowed her to bang on drums. Layla stood hyping her. "Go Mads. Go Mads."

"Can't take y'all nowhere," Rell laughed.

Once Maddison got tired she ran back over to them, leaning on her father. "You tired mama?"

She nodded. Layla picked up their trash and disposed of it. "You wanna go home or you wanna see more animals?"

"Animals."

Rell stood and lifted her up. "Aightttttt Let's goooooo."

————————————————

Before heading home, Rell pulled up to Layla's post office. She hopped out the car and went inside. Once she found the key, she opened the box to find a bunch of letters and a slip to go to the front desk.

She stood in line for a while until it was her turn. Once she reached to the front she handed them the slip.

"Okay Ms. Thompson, you have a few boxes."

"Ok."

She stood for about twenty minutes waiting for the attendee to return only for him to return with a flat cart full of packages. "Damn," she mumbled. She had no idea how everything was gonna fit.

"I hope you have a big car," the attendee asked.

"Yeah, umm follow me."

Layla walked outside and headed towards the car. Rell hopped out as he saw her coming. "What's all of this?"

"Mail," she said. "I didn't know it was this much."

"We can put it in the back," he said. "Let me do it. I know you're tired."

"No I can help too" she said. She signed off for the packages and helped Rell pack the car.

Luckily everything fit and then they headed home.

————————————-

Layla carried a sleeping Maddison inside as Rell placed her packages in one of the rooms by the foyer which she made into an office. She took so much pride in the room because she designed herself.

When they moved into their new home, she immediately went back to work while Rell had some free time. Believe it or not, Rell actually designed most of the house. He left her office because he wanted her to have her own touch.

"I put everything in your office," he spoke once she entered the kitchen.

"Thank you baby, you hungry?"

Rell nodded. He knew they had just eaten more than hour ago but luckily his appetite was building up since the incident.

"What you want?"

"Quesadillas?"

"What kind?"

"The usual."

Rell sat at the island as she prepared the quesadillas. "So what's the update on the club?"

"It's opening next week. Thank you for handling the interior while I was gone," he said. "I went down this week and everything is done. Just to get it stocked now."

"I wanna see it. It was so hard picking out the interior when I wasn't physically at the club to see."

"That shit is popping. Like damn. The color schemes fit together. My favorite is the casino what made you think about putting a sky above," Rell asked her.

Layla shrugged. "After all the tables and Machines were in I felt like something was still missing. The ceiling was too dull so I picked something to brighten it. I hope you don't mind that I made them move it to the third floor."

Rell shook his head. "Nah it fits better."

She placed the first quesadilla on a plate as she continued. "Like I knew you had money but after designing this place now I know you have MONEY MONEY. Like I was scared to choose anything until they told me there was no budget. But still I was a little scared I spent a lot of money to design."

"Yeah I saw the invoice. It was expected I mean we're basically opening three business at the same time."

"We," she questioned.

"This is your business as much as mine. Shit your father is a silent partner," he said taking a bite into the quesadilla. "This shit hot."

"Well I just placed it down."

"You spent 4 million on the casino."

Layla's mouth dropped open. "Million? On the casino? Only the casino? Not the other clubs included?"

Rell laughed. "That's nothing. In Vegas they be spending billions to build a casino."

Layla was still shock. "So how much did I spend total?"

"Don't worry. It's not like it put a dent in my pocket."

"Wooooow," she said shaking her head. "I've read books about people in the drug business making a lot of money but I didn't think it was actually true."

"Difference between me and them was I'm smart. I have soooooo many business between here and New York. I have investments in the stock market. I'm constantly making money even when I sleeping. People make money and they spend it. I spend to make more."

"I thought my check from the hospital was balling, apparently I'm wrong."

"We can go tomorrow to see and finalize everything. I want you to be apart of this as much as possible."

Layla nodded. "Okay."

By time they were finished talking she had already made a shitload of quesadillas. They switched places as she began to eat and he cleaned up.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

108K 3.7K 51
It's really a simple story about two people from similar walks of life.. crossing paths what happens when it comes down to saving myself or you situa...
229K 5.2K 30
"Don't play a game with a girl who can play better. " Lola Gray, the daughter of the gangster Polly Gray. Being in the Shelby family was hard enough...
95 11 16
Its the 2nd installment of "please wait your turn"2 Its about our Badboy redflag Millionaire trust fund baby Daniel Garcia who is still unsure of he...
Layla By Artemis->

General Fiction

17.4K 439 25
I'm Layla, Layla Benson. The human form of average being. Nothing special to discover. My life seems as normal as I do. Three Best friend's. Two cl...