Never Gonna Happen (ON PAUSE)

By mbffhhc67

Winter is a sarcastic but socially awkward girl just attempting to get through high school without endless dr... More

Introduction
Chapter 1- Recap
Chapter 2- Near Death Experience (Exaggeration)
Chapter 3- Grumpy
Chapter 4- Movie Night
Chapter 5- Two truths and a LIE
Chapter 6- MAD
Chapter 7- Eventful Start
Chapter 8- Lasagna
Chapter 9- Moron
Chapter 10- Frenemies
Chapter 11- Party
Chapter 12- Downhill
Chapter 13- Tension
Chapter 14- Knot
Chapter 15- Rain Drops
Chapter 16- Algebra
Chapter 17- Bonding
Chapter 18- Another Side To The Story
Chapter 19- Detective Skills
Chapter 20- "Project W"
Chapter 22- Win OR Lose
Chapter 23- Indenial
Chapter 24- Guilty
Chapter 25- Thoughts
Chapter 26- Soccer
Chapter 27- Fight
Chapter 28- Jay & Tyler
Chapter 29- The Monroe's
Chapter 30- Cameron
Chapter 31- D R A M A

Chapter 21- Paintballing

72 7 6
By mbffhhc67

It was 2PM on Thursday and I had finished all my classes for the day, so had the guys and girls of the squad so we decided to do something spontaneous which was paint balling.

I pulled on my protective gear excited for the game to begin. I had never been paint balling before but I was a gamer girl and was addicted to all the typical fighting games like call of duty, grand theft auto and well let's not forget my latest obsession with fortnite.

"You guys ready?" The instructor of the game asked his eyes moving studying each and everyone one of us in the room.

"I was born ready", Jacob confidently says as he holds his paintball gun eagerly.

"Yeah you say that until I shoot you and you go crying back to your mum", Chase taunts and they begin play fighting which just makes me shake my head but grin.

"I better not break a nail", Jessica whines before she turns to look at Jay with puppy dog eyes. Jay laughs before leaning in to give her a kiss on the lips.

"Don't worry babe. I've got you", he gives her a wink and she cracks a smile before turning around to look at us all.

"Don't underestimate me A holes. It's on", she confidently says before turning back around to kiss Jay again who stands there looking proudly at his girlfriend.

Gag.

The shade. Stop Winter.

"I can't wait to get you back for that seat prank you did to me", Mateo points his finger at Chase. "I've got my eyes on you Richards", he continues to say which makes Chase chuckle.

"It's on Ramirez", I raised an eyebrow, why was everyone starting to call each-other by their surnames.

Carter sniggers as he watches the boys argue. He quietly holds his paint ball gun and looks at each and every one of us. I knew Carter was competitive and could see his game face on so I let him be.

Coco and Vanessa were busy whispering away but they both look at me and give me a wink before slapping their hands together in a high five.

"So in this game its your own choice on whether to team up with someone or not. Just remember it may be an advantage at the beginning but if the two that have grouped up are the remaining people in the game you'll have to play against each other. The one who shoots the other first wins. If you're all ready get inside and find the best positions to attack people in. Good luck", the instructor finally walks out the room.

I turned to look at Tyler who was quiet and he catches me looking at him and smirks.

"Are you ready to get your butt kicked Monroe", he grins at me and I smirk back, "Don't underestimate me Wyatt".

He throws his head back chuckling before walking towards me and leaning in closely, "I would never underestimate you", he then moves away and enters the game.

I can't help but smile at what he just said but I pull my gun closer towards me.

"Let the games begin", I happily raise my gun in the air before stepping outside into the forest where we'd play as do the rest of the group.

We all had one minute to run to our positions and I guess I was playing alone but that was fine. I ran towards the heart of the woods hearing the birds chirping away. I scanned the place trying to find a place which I could catch people of guard at. I was small but fast and could hide almost anywhere so that was my advantage but I knew the boys had fast reflexes.

I also did not underestimate the twins or Jessica. I knew they could kick ass so I had them to watch out for.

I finally found the perfect spot. There were large bushes and a tree trunk where I could lean my gun against and aim for people from afar. The suits we wore were camouflage so I laid down on the ground and waited for my first attack.

Minutes went by and I heard a twig snap which turns my attention to the right side of the woods. I hear giggles and whispers between people so I lean closer to see who they were and almost snort aloud.

Well look at that.

I didn't know why people thought this was a making out game instead of a fighting game but I lay there watching Mateo and Vanessa making out. I can't make out what they're saying but I see Mateo push Vanessa towards a tree trunk as they continue their intense make out session.

Honestly, they were making it to easy for me.

"What if we get caught", I finally hear Vanessa says between kisses and Mateo just laughs.

"No ones going to catch us don't worry", before he continues to kiss her.

No ones going to catch you? Really? Come on guys I thought you were cleverer than that.

Okay shows over.

I aim the gun at Mateo and shoot quickly and before he even has time to react I've also shot Vanessa.

"What the fuck man it hasn't even been 5 minutes", Vanessa yells clearly irritated with the situation and I pull myself up laughing.

"That's what you get when you can't keep your hands of each other. I mean come on guys, you made it way to easy for me", I walk towards them and Vanessa blushes when she realises it's me.

"Way to be a cock block Winter", Mateo doesn't seem mad he seemed more amused and impressed as be high fives me, "Good shot".

Vanessa crosses her arm together shaking her head, "So much for no ones going to catch us". She sheepishly turns and looks back at me, "Can you not mention what you saw to anyone?"

I look at Mateo whose expressed turns sour like he was offended by Vanessa's comment but he doesn't say anything.

I'm surprised because I hadn't realised it was supposed to be some sort of secret. Especially with the way they looked like they were swallowing each other whole a few minutes ago but I don't want to pry so I just smile at her reassuringly.

"Don't worry. Your secrets safe with me. Now run along you hormonal teenagers. I've got a game to win",I give them a wink before turning around and running off hearing their muffled chuckles behind me.

I had to find a new hiding position and I knew that someone could have technically heard the conversation between me, Vanessa and Mateo but that's not what's important right now— Winning was.

I hear the twig snap again and I freeze hiding behind a large tree before slowly peeking to see who it was.

I heard loud paint ball gun shots shoot at my direction and I duck before running to hide behind another trunk.

Shit. Who the fuck was it?

"Come on Winter. You know I'd never actually hurt you", I hear Carters sing song tone say to me and I roll my eyes. I peered looking at the direction of his voice and that's where I saw him searching the area like I was some sort of prey and he was the predator.

Not today you're not.

Oh and thanks for giving away where you were, dork.

I tiptoed slowly towards him before he spins around but not before I've fired my shot.

"Well I definitely would", I laugh feeling victorious as ever whilst he scowls at me.

"Traitor", he sourly says which makes me laugh even more.

"We were never in teams sweetie. Next time maybe", I walk towards him and give him a small peck on the cheek which seems to cheer him up and he shakes his head.

"Good game", he walks away before pausing, "Oh by the way I took Jacob out and I'm pretty sure Tyler took out Chase so you don't have to worry about them".

"Thanks for the heads up and say hi to Mateo and Vanessa for me", He raises an eyebrow.

"Hmm not bad", he looked amused before turning around and walking away.

That meant that Jay and Jessica were still in the game. So were Coco and Tyler. I knew for a fact that Jay would have teamed up with his girlfriend I just had to figure out where they were.

I quietly walked around the forest checking every corner trying to find them, I didn't know where they were and that was alarming. Either they had been taken out or they were hiding camouflaged somewhere waiting to shoot someone.

"Boo", I hear Jessica says and I dive down to the nearest bush dodging the shot.

"Oh I'm so going to enjoy this", I say aloud as I peek behind the bush and watch her stamp her feet in a tantrum because she had missed me. I scan to see where Jay was but I don't see him.

Okay, I needed to take out Jessica quickly because if not they'd have the advantage of two people.

I was not losing to Jessica Mitchell.

Jessica fires again but misses and I shoot near her as a distraction which makes her duck down and begins spinning her head around like a lunatic.

Jay was still not to be found and I had to find a better position to get a good shot in.

Or shots. I mean shooting her several times for all the shit she did to you in the past? I think that's more than fair.

I grin smugly as I watch her hiding behind the tree scanning the area. Her hazel orbs were wide and alert and then I see her eyes making contact with someone behind me— shit.

I hear the pain ball splat on the ground in front of me and shoot quickly in that direction.

This had been a distraction so that Jay could sneak up at me but he had missed his shot and I pressed the trigger several times at his direction whilst he did the same but it was to late I had shot him bullseye on the chest.

"Sucker", I taunt before turning around searching for Jessica who had disappeared.

Seriously?

"Oh I'm so intrigued to see who will shoot who between you and Jessica", Jay laughs knowing very well that I'd take great pleasure in shooting his girlfriend.

Well with a paint ball gun at least.

I suddenly felt alert like some one was watching us and without thinking I grab Jay and use him as protective shield as paint balls fly towards us.

"UGH EXCUSE ME WINNIE. I didn't sign up to be a shield", he groans aloud clutching his stomach from where the paint balls had attacked him.

I shoot him on the stomach again, "That's what you get for trying to distract me so your girlfriend could win. Ass hole".

"Okay I deserved that", he chuckles but I had already left him

I push him off me and scan the place leaning behinds a bush I pause listening to any sound of foot steps.

"Jessica. You really need to work on your shooting", I hear Jay say and then I hear another paintball shot and bite back a laugh when I hear Jay groan aloud.

"Seriously, What is up with you girls?" He whined.

"How was that for a shot? Should I start using you as target practice?" She threatens and he raises his hands in surrender.

Pussy.

"Where did she go?"

"That direction", he points in the direction I was in and I grin eagerly awaiting her. I can hear her light foot steps as she walks closer towards me but I knew she wouldn't be able to see me behind this large bush.

"It's about time I take this bitch down", I hear her mumble to herself.

Interesting. Remember when I said a snake could shed its skin but could never change it's colour?

I was right about her not seeing me because she walked straight passed me and this was my chance so I pressed the trigger and let the bullets fly out one by one.

Jessica screams as she spins around eyeing me angrily as I continue to attack her with the paint balls.

"You do realise that as soon as you shoot me one time I'm out you don't need to attack me several times", she scowls rubbing her arm and I smile innocently.

"Really?" I press the trigger again finishing the remainder of the paint balls and drop the gun walking towards her.

"You're such a bitch", she yells and laugh aloud snatching her paint ball gun away from her.

"I guess I learnt from the best, right?" I flash her my best smile before leaving her yelling curses as she has her tantrum.

Now there were two more left to beat.

Coco and Tyler.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.4M 95.6K 62
•[COMPLETED]• Book-1 of Costello series. Valentina is a free spirited bubbly girl who can sometimes be very annoyingly kind and sometimes just.. anno...
Hum For Tum By sushi

Teen Fiction

182K 13.7K 34
♡ This is an Indian highschool lovestory, full of love, drama, comedy, romance and more; where two school toppers, Aarohi: the sweet and bubbly girl...
98.7K 2.3K 22
𝚃𝚑𝚎𝚢 𝚜𝚊𝚢 𝚒𝚝'𝚜 𝚏𝚊𝚟𝚘𝚛𝚒𝚝𝚒𝚜𝚖 , 𝚗𝚊𝚑 𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚜𝚎 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚘𝚗𝚎𝚜 𝚒 𝚕𝚘𝚟𝚎 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚖𝚘𝚜𝚝 .. ꨄ
Lucent By ads ❀

Teen Fiction

336K 7.7K 27
book 1 of the windows of the soul duology ✿ ✿ ✿ lucent: softly bright or radiant ✿ ✿ ✿ My brother's hand traces the cut on my right cheek for so...