Bad Luck or Fate?

By yummyfallon

Breckyn Jones travels to New York to getaway from her past. Little does she know she's about to find her futu... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85. FINAL CHAPTER.
Epilogue
Alt. Chapter
Vacation

Chapter 14

1.3K 37 1
By yummyfallon

I awoke with a jolt. I looked out the window and saw a familiar sight of KCI airport outside. I must have been exhausted from all this Mike stuff happening lately. I thought all this stuff was behind me when he was sent to prison for attempted manslaughter. How he got out of prison, I have no idea but I knew I was going to get the bottom of that before I left town again.

Leaving town again. New York City. I was leaving my cozy little home in Missouri to go to New York City. To live there, in a chaotic but beautiful place.  It would be a nice change of pace and it held Jimmy.

Just thinking of Jimmy brought a smile to my face. I made my way through the terminal. As I made it through my gate, I pulled my phone out of my purse. I unlocked my phone to switch it out of airplane mode. I had completely forgotten about changing my screensaver. I smiled as I stared down at the screen. There we were, in all our glory. Jimmy and I kissing. This really was a great picture. For that one moment, frozen in time, there were two people completely lost in the moment. I could still taste the coffee/mint that Jimmy left on my lips. I could still feel his five o clock shadow tickling my lips, and as I let myself drift back to the moment, I swear I could still hear him let out a low groan. I can still smell him.

God, I missed him so much and it had only been hours. As I thought to myself how crazy the last 48 hours had been, and all the bullshit I was having to put up with now, in that moment, I knew it was worth it. I still couldn't comprehend how much my life was beginning to change in such a small amount of time. I wouldn't have time to comprehend it while I was here, either. Which, is probably a good thing, because I was sure if I sat down and thought about all this, I would try to talk myself out of this.

"Brecks! Over Here!!"  the familiar voice of my little brother, Jake cut through my daydream. I immediately ran over to Jake. Jake was not little by any means. Jake was 6'3 and weighed about 220. He was a linebacker at his college. He staggered over me easily.  He caught me and spun me around. "I missed you, sis! We've been waiting here ever since 5 o clock. We wanted to make sure you got home okay, you know, since you know who is out of prison." He said as he sat me down.

"Mike. You can say his name." I said as I looked down at the floor. Jake lifted my chin, much like Jimmy did when I was starting to get down about myself. "Brecks, I don't know how this happened, but we're going to get to the bottom of this. I promise you that." He pulled me back to look at me. He grabbed my arms. I hissed out of the pain that came from my right arm. I had completely forgotten about that until Jake grabbed it.

"Oh, shit, Brecks, I'm so sorry! What happened?" he said as he gave me a once over. "Are you ok? Did Mike show up in New York?!" he asked, worried.

"No, Jakers. He didn't. Its just that your sister is the biggest klutz there is. It's a long story, trust me." I said as I picked up my bag off the floor.

"Well, if you get time, you're gonna have to fill me in on that." He said as he grabbed my luggage from the baggage claim. "Trust me, it's a VERY long story." I laughed.

I was going to have to explain to them my plan sometime but tonight I was too exhausted to do anything. I looked over at my mother. Her eyes were red and swollen. She had clearly been crying for quite some time.

"Hey Momma." I said, pulling her in for a hug. "It'll all be okay, I promise."

"I'm just so sorry that you had to cut your vacation short for this. I wish with all my heart that this was not happening to you. If I could take this all away from you and handle it myself, I would. A parent never wants to see their child go through pain, especially the kind that you have had to deal with." She looked down, her lip was quivering.

"Momma, I'm fine, really. I can't keep running from Mike my whole life, or it wont be worth living if I'm always having to look over my back. I have to do this for myself so I can have a real chance of a life and moving on. I'll be fine, I promise."

Mom looked up at me with tears in her eyes. "Well, if anyone could get through this and have a bright life ahead of them on the other side, its you. You are the strongest woman I know." She wrapped her arms around me as we walked out of the airport.

I felt my phone vibrate in my pocket. I reached in and grabbed it out. I had two text messages. One from Jimmy and one from Drew. I decided to wait to read these when I had some privacy. The last thing I have energy to deal with right now is explain to my mother and my brother why I am kissing Jimmy Fallon.

"Well, Brecks, I think we are going to go home and relax. Tomorrow we can go to your old place and grab all your stuff. I am coming with you, whether you like it or not. I'm bringing Matt too." Jake said to me as he sat my bag behind the backseat of our truck. "Before you protest, I don't really care. We are going to be there, just in case. You need someone there with you in case dipshit decides he wants to come back home."

Matt is Drew's fiancé. He is also a Marine. I guess if I am forced to have bodyguards with me, I couldn't really beat the two men that were going to be there with me. I would have good protection. I couldn't help but wish that Jimmy was going to be with me as well though. Sure, Jake and Matt would be good protection, but Jimmy was really good at the emotional support. Jimmy somewhat knew what I was experiencing. He knew what it was like to have to pick up your life and move on, when you never thought you would have to.

Jake helped me into the backseat and I stretched out across it. I used my purse as a pillow. We had a two hour drive back to our hometown. "Just relax, Brecks." I heard Jake say. "We will get you taken care of. We won't let anything happen to you and we will get you out of that hellhole, once and for all. I swear, if that piece of shit comes within 100 feet of you, he won't have to worry about going back to prison. I'll take care of him then and there."

"Language, Jake. I didn't raise you like that." I heard my mom say from the passenger seat as we were rolling down the road. "Sorry, Mom, but he is a piece of shit." Jake grinned as he said it to her again.

"Be that as it may Jake Thomas Jones, we don't stoop to their level." My mother said as she reached behind her seat and patted my hand. "We will just make sure that your sister is taken care of and leave it at that."

I smiled as my brother started to protest my mother. It wasn't going to work with her. "He's not worth it anyways, Jakers." I said from the backseat. "He may not be worth it, but it would be my honor to put him in his place. He wouldn't be returning to that prison in one whole piece anyways."

"I know Jake. Thank you but I would prefer we handle this without violence, if we can get away with that." I pulled my jacket over my eyes. "Can you do me a favor and turn the radio on, I need some sort of music to listen to."

"For you, Brecks, anything." Jake looked back at me and smiled. He turned the radio on.

I know people make promises all the time and then they turn right around and break them. Someone cuts your heart open with a knife and you bleed yeah. But you know I can be that guy to heal it overtime and I wont stop until you believe it, cause baby you are worth it.

"Hell no. I hate this fucking song." I heard Jake say. "Jake Thomas! What did I say about language?" I heard mom smack Jake's hand.

"Jake, no. Leave it please. I love this song." I said from the backseat. "Alright, fine. Only for you though."

The truth is, the song reminded me of Jimmy. It reminded me of our first night together. I could almost hear him singing it right now. If I closed my eyes, it was almost like he was here with me. It was then that I remembered that he text me. I pulled out my phone and pushed on his name.

"Call me as soon as you land"- Jimmy. He must be worried about me landing safely. I couldn't really call him right now. Not with Jake and Mom in the car. I decided I would call him when I got home when I had a little more privacy.

I sat there and looked at the background of my phone. Just seeing the picture of us kissing made my heart skip a beat. What was this man doing to me? I put my jacket over my face to hide my smile. I had been snoozing for a while when I felt my phone vibrate again. Must be Jimmy.

I pushed the jacket off my face. Nope, it was Drew. I forgot to check her message earlier. She is quite persistent when it came to me contacting her back. I smiled as I opened the message. That smile quickly faded.

"What the fuck? Anything you forgot to tell me? Would you like to tell me now?" A youtube video link was attached. I clicked on it.

I saw someone running down an airport terminal.. and I knew. I felt dizzy. I felt the color rush out of my face. I watched the whole scene go down. Jimmy turned me around and I saw our lips connect.

"Son of a bitch!" I yelled. "Breckyn Nicholle! Not you too!" My mom yelled.

I felt like I was going to be sick.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

86 0 10
Y/n not knowing she's adopted finds the truth about her family. Falls in love jungkook. And make a new life in South Korea
51.1K 1.3K 32
After a chance meeting in an elevator, Zoey Montague meets Jimmy Fallon and her whole world changes. {Note: This story's setting is in 2001.}
2K 30 14
Y/N is going to south Korea as a foreign exchange student. Little does she know that her life is gonna change completely *note: there is some languag...
1.3M 46.8K 39
Emily I didn't expect to meet him when I went to my cousin's bachelorette party, didn't expect to go home with him, and definitely didn't expect to...