Reviews [CLOSED]

By thereadingcafe_

This review book is closed. Go to our book Reviews 2.0 if you're looking for a review :) Want brutally hones... More

Intro
Alternative cover
Rules
Reviewer Annie_Moon2001
Reviewer alysha40025201
Reviewer Dave-M
Reviewer SympathyWolf
Reviewer _itz_shifana
Form
Individuality
The Hero Project
Lost & Found
The Crystal Wolf
Zubeida In Stilletos
Kylie And Julian
Crazy Bitch
Banished
Lights Of The Other World
A Dream To Reality
Forever
Mine
Unprecedented
World Of James Mann
IMPORTANT
Epiphany
Complicated
Cupid Rhymes With Stupid
Frosted
Daddy... His Sweet Little Girl
The Voice of The Voiceless
The Strength Within
The Wolves of The Gems
Love and Lies
The Cimmerian Knight
Katherine
Silver Darkness
Majesty
A Masquerade Of Alluring Lies
Starfish
Lexi
Six Sisters of Nicophilia
Was It Fate?
One Wish
The Blonde Mystery
Unmasked Secrets
The Battle
Elemental Faith
The Mark
Mr. Stranger
Rosewood
Sky of Ashes
The Iris Epidemic
Halcyon Days
Unique
Forever With You
Gold Digger
Enough! Revenge of a Damaged Woman!
ANNOUNCEMENT
PLEASE CHECK THIS

Sitting On Blank Verses

49 6 1
By thereadingcafe_

Reviewed by: smilesandlullabies

Author: RainAndSonder

Cover: 9/10

The way I judge covers is by asking myself if I would read your book, after only seeing your cover. I would definitely click onto yours. Why? I think that the simplicity of it is perfect for poetry, the image used is very nice, and the font for the title is also really appealing too. However, the colour of the title could be brighter, as it doesn't really stand out right now, and the first thing that my eyes were drawn to was your name, which shouldn't be the case. Overall, I do like your cover, so well done with that.

Description/Summary: 8/10

I like the minimalism in your description, it doesn't give anything away and create the perfect poetic vibe. However, there's something about it which puts me off, slightly; it just doesn't look right to me, right now, it seems to be missing a few commas maybe - "Stories through poems, through words, through letters."

Chapters Review

First Poem - 10/10

Absolutely amazing! Structures so nicely, the rhymes weren't forced, it flowed and it told a story, I loved it!

Second Poem - 8/10

I didn't really understand it, I'm not going to lie, but your description was quite good. For me, it was nowhere near as good as number one.

Third Poem - 9/10

I loved this poem! It was short and simplistic but conveyed a nice story - the ended was amazing! So creative! This didn't receive a 10/10 though, because of the LOOK of the poem, I'm sorry - I did mention that I was all about the aesthetic - I just felt like more spacing was needed between all the different speeches as it felt a bit overwhelming.

Fourth Poem - 10/10

WOW. All I can say is that I am SPEECHLESS. This was amazing. At first, I thought, wow the descriptions are great and the structure is perfect too, and then you threw in that last line and BOOM, created a very powerful poem here. The plot was perfect, and the pace picked up perfectly too, towards the end. You made this all so realistic - by far, this is my favourite poem.

Fifth Poem - 10/10

Very short and snappy, perfectly written - I loved it.

Activity of Writer: 0/10

Of all the comments I saw on your book, I didn't see a reply from you on a single one. Maybe interact with your readers a bit more?

Plot: 10/10

All your plots and messages were perfect, I couldn't fault them, well done!

Overall Advice:

No advice necessary! You clearly know what you're doing! You're so talented I found myself voting for my favourite poems, and even reading ALL of your book, and then adding it to my library because I know I would want to read MORE. Just keep writing, you have SO much talent, and reviewing your book was so much fun!

Overall Rating: 10/10 - would recommend this to people.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

29.1M 921K 49
[BOOK ONE] [Completed] [Voted #1 Best Action Story in the 2019 Fiction Awards] Liam Luciano is one of the most feared men in all the world. At the yo...
11.8M 519K 74
◤ SEMIDEUS SAGA #02 ◢ Elysian Oracle - the oracle of Elysium, the highest oracle of the realms. The Alphas know it isn't over. The Gods are cons...
227M 6.9M 92
When billionaire bad boy Eros meets shy, nerdy Jade, he doesn't recognize her from his past. Will they be able to look past their secrets and fall in...
6.6M 180K 55
⭐️ ᴛʜᴇ ᴍᴏꜱᴛ ʀᴇᴀᴅ ꜱᴛᴀʀ ᴡᴀʀꜱ ꜰᴀɴꜰɪᴄᴛɪᴏɴ ᴏɴ ᴡᴀᴛᴛᴘᴀᴅ ⭐️ ʜɪɢʜᴇꜱᴛ ʀᴀɴᴋɪɴɢꜱ ꜱᴏ ꜰᴀʀ: #1 ɪɴ ꜱᴛᴀʀ ᴡᴀʀꜱ (2017) #1 ɪɴ ᴋʏʟᴏ (2021) #1 IN KYLOREN (2015-2022) #13...