Adopted

By daviidsofiia

Jemma Jones has had a rough life right from her birth. Born of a prostitute, thrown out by the age of ten, th... More

Adopted
Cast
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Cast- Part Two
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Epilogue
New Story- Forever His
Status & Glory

Chapter 5

3.8K 140 3
By daviidsofiia

Billy Chambers was always the bully of the school. He was a fat kid and no one would dare stand up to him. He had tried bullying me once but I hit him where the sun doesn't shine and he never tried it again.

There was a new kid in town, he wore thick framed glasses and braces. He dressed without a care in the world of what anyone would say. He always wore baggy jeans and plain loose T-shirts while the other guys wore tight jeans and fitted shirts that showed up their muscles.

The others showed their wealth to the world whereas Devin didn't. Yes his parents were rich but he never told anybody. I always admired him from afar and I slightly started to develop a crush on him. I was scared to talk to him because I didn't want to be ridiculed for being around him.

Every time he was bullied I would always run away and hide, blaming myself for not being able to help him until one day when I couldn't take it any longer.

Billy had gathered the attention of the entire freshman year in the cafeteria to witness the humiliation of Devin Bates. That day I had decided that I would no longer be a witness to what Billy did to most of the kids so while the students threw their foods at Devin after being beaten up by Billy I ran to him and tried to stop it but it only became worse.

"STOP!" I shouted at the top of my lungs and food finally stopped flying around.

"Do you see what you've all done?" I pointed to a crying Devin holding his already broken glasses in his hands and different types of foods allover his body.

"Shut it girl and get out of the way!" The voice of Billy Chambers broke throughout the hall and without thinking I took a can of sprite on the table closest to me and threw it at him and it landed right on his head and the drink gently rolled down his face mixed together with his own blood.

Bulls-eyes I thought to myself. I did that without even breaking a sweat. The entire cafeteria broke out in chuckles.

His hands move to his head and touched the part that was bruised and when he brought down his hands to look at it his face turned red in rage.

"You bitch!" He shouted furiously charging towards me and before he could get to me the doors shot open and Principal Howard marched into the room together with some other teachers.

Perfect timing

"What's going on here?" Principal Howard asked as he got to where I was and the look on his face changed from anger to total disappointment and shame.

"Ms Jones take Mr Bates to the nurses office and get your self's cleaned up and after that come see me. You..." he pointed to Billy, "come with me. And everyone get to class, now!" He ordered and soon the crowd was cleared.

I took Devin to the nurses office where his wounds cleaned up. After I was sure he was okay I also cleaned up too because a few pieces of food was thrown at me then I headed straight to the Principals office.

Billy together with his bully friends where expelled and I only got two weeks suspension for throwing a can of sprite at Billy. After that day, Devin had stuck to me, he refused to let me go saying that I was his savior and he was forever indebted to me.

At the beginning of Sophomore year, Devin changed, he began to dress like every other child his age, he didn't flaunt his father's money but he was different. His dress sense changed, his voice became deeper, he started developing abs due to working out regularly. He stopped wearing his glasses and started using contact lenses, he stopped using braces and he became hotter. He joined the school basketball team and in a few months he became the schools team captain. Every girl wanted him and every guy wanted to be him but he never paid attention to anyone that wasn't me because I was the only person who stood up for him.

Mid Sophomore year he began to put total interest in computers and with time he became the best hacker I ever knew.

He got a job as the hacker of a gang that he never really told me about. He said it was 'gang business' and no one was supposed to know for our own safety. After he got the job he became a full time player. He slept with girls and dumped them like how a girl would change her tampons.

That didn't stop the feelings I had for him and I had hope in me that someday he would return my feelings and we would be something more than just best friends.

The Devin I know would do anything for me that's why he felt bad when he first texted me. He would do anything and I mean anything to make me happy.

"Devin it's okay, we'll find him even if it means me talking to the devil herself," I reassured him with the aim of making him feel better.

He agreed to help me look for my father when I told him the story of my life. It was a hard thing telling him because it was one of my insecurities but he didn't judge me for it and it made me love him more. He'd tried everything in his power to find who my father was though it was a very hard thing to do especially with the fact that all I know is his name and there are a lot of people answering the name Jones.

I wasn't surprised that he couldn't find out who my father was and I wasn't disappointed in him because I knew he hqd tried his best. I gave up on finding him after thousands of unhappy results but he kept on trying even after I threatened to stop talking to him.

"There's no way in hell you're gonna talk to that bitch," he said in a stern voice.

He really does hate my mother as much as I do and he would cause great damage on her if he ever sets his eyes on her and I don't blame him.

"I understand you hate her as much as I do but I'll have to do so if I have to find my father," I told him and he turned to me and I engulfed him in a hug.

"I love you JJ and I promise you I'll do everything in my power to find him. I promise you," he said into my neck in a muffled voice.

"I love you too Dev," I rubbed circles on his back before we pulled away from each other.

"If it makes you feel better you can come over to my house and we can watch a movie how about that? "

"But you have to go back to school or else Paig-"

"I'll just tell her I was having a bad headache and I needed to rest. She'll believe me," I cut him off before he finished his sentence.

"Well what if they co-"

"You'll leave before they come. We have two hours before anyone comes back home and Stefan and Sarah are out of town," I cut him off once again.

"Fine," he gave in and I grinned.

"Let's go, we have no time to waste," I said as i dragged him to his car.

***

"I guess I have to go JJ before anyone comes home," Devin said sitting up and stretching

"It's too early Dev, we still have thirty minutes before anyone comes home," I whined.

"But they may b-"

"Please stay, Just 10 more minutes please and I promise I'll let you go just stay with me," I hugged him from behind restraining him.

"Fine," he relaxed back on the couch, fixing his eyes back on the television.

The front door suddenly opened causing us both to scramble from each other.

"Get into that bathroom now!" I whisper yelled pointing towards the guest bathroom.

He got in quickly and I was left standing there awkwardly.

"Oh hey Jemma how you feeling now?" Jasper's deep voice asked the moment he walked into the room.

I glared at him. No one calls me Jemma. Do this people have a problem remembering things or what?

Wait, he doesn't even know that fact about me yet. Well I guess I'll have to sink that into his thick skull.

It sounded like what he said had more meaning to what it sounded like so I had to relax.

"I'm feeling good, why do you care?" I asked sitting on the couch in a relaxed manner

"Well my best friends sister had to skip the rest of the school day because she had a bad headache and you think I shouldn't care?" he said putting air quotes on 'bad headache' while sitting on the chair beside mine.

"Well I appreciate your concern and I'm fine, thank you," I said with a smirk on my face.

I know he's up to something so I don't ask him straight up why he was being so nice because it'll come out in a rude manner so I play it cool and see if he'll come through.

"And my name is JJ not Jemma," I warned.

He rose an amused brow, "someone's angry." He taunted.

I glared at him and the smirk in his face only increased.

Jerk.

After minutes of staring at each other I finally spoke up

"Where's Ky and what exactly do you want?"

"Well Ky will be here in a few seconds he's just parking the car and I really don't want anything from you," He replied and just then Kyler walked in Paige behind him.

"Oh hey JJ you feeling better now?" Paige rushed to my side sitting down and checking me to see if I felt better.

"I'm feeling better now. I took some pain killers and a nap so I'm fine. Thanks for the concern," I assured her not taking my eyes off Jasper. "Why are you guys home so early?" I asked suddenly realizing that no one should be home till the next twenty minutes.

"I don't know why Kyler dragged me back home with him but I don't really care because he saved me from History class" Paige explained and I just nodded.

"Well great, I'll be up if you need anything," she added.

"Okay," with that she disappeared up the stairs.

"Hey. You don't look sick so I'm not gonna ask questions. I'll be up too if you need anything," halfway up the stairs Kyler paused, "you coming Jasper?" He added making Jasper to loose eye contact.

"Yeah, be up in a sec," he stood up and walked away without another word.

I waited to be sure that the coast was clear before I went over to the bathroom and knocked on the door, "It's me."

Devin waited a few seconds before he opened the door.

"That was close," I sighed, "now you need to get out of here. They're all up so it's safe to go now." I whispered and he nodded before heading to the front door, putting on his shoes but before he walked out he turned around.

"Thanks for today Jemma," and with that he ran out and towards the gate and I gently closed the door.

Yes sometimes he calls me Jemma and I totally allow him. He's my best friend.

Luckily he parked the car outside the gate so we are safe.

I just hope Jasper didn't notice anything.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

290K 7.2K 29
Highest Ranking In Short Story #24 (Tuesday, May 9) Read "Kissing Hayes" before reading this book. This is a sequel. |Previously known as "My Favori...
1.4K 85 13
An Eagles Songfic Novella: Based on the song "Life in the Fast Lane" by the Eagles. No knowledge of the music required to enjoy the story. ~*~*~*~ Rh...
67.3K 3.2K 84
***Currently being edited, also adding alot of juicy stuff*** When 18 year old Ashton, moves schools her senior year after her mother and fathers div...