truth be told // lee flynn

By 15dogs

Lucy Tong has two personalities: her fake all powerful personality and her real shy and thoughtful personalit... More

the cast
the lost dog
the power dynamic
the party
the confession
the carnival
the apology
the arcade
the secret
the fallout

the kissing booth

1.8K 38 1
By 15dogs

"You want me to do a kissing booth? Sorry guys, but there's no way I'm gonna do that." Lucy said. Her breaths were hot and heavy from practice.

"Lucy, please. If we get you to do it then who knows who else is gonna join!" Lee exclaimed through the phone.

"From the tone of your voice it sounds like you know who else is gonna join." Lucy said knowingly. A part of Lucy wanted to do the kissing booth because she hoped Lee would kiss her. But, even though she barely knew him, she knew that he would never pass up and opportunity to get kissed by tons of girls.

"We want you to join so you can make Noah and the OMG girls join," Elle explained, snapping Lucy out of her fantasy. "We figured that you would be the best candidate to get A-Lister's to join."

Lucy sighed and thought over her options. She could be subjected to humiliation by participating in the kissing booth but Lee could kiss her. Or she could not participate in the kissing booth, let down her new friends, possibly ruin their booth, but maybe get to kiss Lee.

"Lucy? Are you still there?" Lee asked, once again snapping Lucy out of her thoughts.

"Yeah. Let me think about it," Lucy said. She could hear the disappointed sighs on the other end. "But I am leaning towards doing it." Lucy added. As soon as Elle and Lee heard that they began to jump around with excitement. Lucy could sense their excitement through the phone and laughed.

"Meet us at the arcade at the pier in 15 minutes!" Elle shouted before hanging up the phone.

Lucy sighed and tried to reassure herself that she was doing the right thing. She shut her eyes and tried to imagine what it would be like. The fact was, Lucy had never kissed anyone before. She imagined what it would be like to kiss Lee. His lips that looked so soft and kind. Just the thought of kissing him gave her goosebumps.

Her phone beeped and knocked her out of her thoughts. She opened her eyes to check who it is from. All it showed was a number so she opened the text. 'Hey! It's Lee. Elle forgot about date she has tonight so she can't come to the arcade. Idk if you still want to go but it'll just be us.' As Lucy read the message she felt her heart stop.

'I just finished volleyball practice so I'm kinda gross rn. Do I have time to go home and shower? ' Lucy typed back.

'How long will it take you to go home, shower, get dressed, and meet me at the arcade? '

'Probably an hour? '

'Then forget it. Meet me here in 15? '

'Yup I'll be there.' Lucy felt herself scream internally. She was spending time with Lee Flynn.

Alone.

She quickly packed her things and ran out the gym doors. It was getting dark so she needed to be as quick as possible. She hopped into her car and drove to the arcade. When she walked in she saw a bunch of kids running around and laughing. Their laughter made her smile and laugh too.

"Lucy? Hey, Lucy!" Lee called from the dance dance revolution game. Lucy walked over and smiled. "Hop on. Elle and I have played this game since we were little. Without it, the dance club wouldn't exist."

"Wow," Lucy remarked. "It must mean a lot to you then."

"It does." Lee said with a smirk. His little smirk made Lucy feel like she got struck by lightning.

Lee inserted quarters into the machine and chose a song. "Have you played this before?" He asked, acting like it was the most important question he's ever asked.

"A couple of times when I was younger." Lucy responded quickly.

The game began to show the steps on the screen. At first, Lucy was shaky but eventually got the hang of it and ended up getting a score a few points lower than Lee. They played a few more times and Lucy actually ended up matching Lee's score on their last round.

"You're not so bad, Tong." Lee said as he stepped off the machine. He held out his hand for Lucy which she gladly took.

"Please, I matched your score that last round. I think I'm pretty good, Flynn." Lucy said with a smile. When her foot touched the ground, however, she tipped over. Thankfully, Lee caught her and held her like he was dipping her in a dance.

Lucy studied his face for a few seconds as he studied hers. Every bone in her body screamed for her to grab his beautiful face and kiss him right then and there. A part of her would always hate herself for not doing that whatsoever. No, instead, Lucy said the five words that would change her life.

"I'll do the kissing booth." Lucy muttered, love-stricken.

Lee's eyes turned wide with excitement. "Really?!" He exclaimed. A nauseous and overwhelmed Lucy nodded. "Oh my god, you're our savior! You're my savior!" Lee cried.

Now what happened next played over and over again in Lucy's head for days, months, years. Lee pulled her upright and pulled her close to him. He grabbed her face and kissed her on the cheek. Sure, it was platonic but it meant to world to Lucy. She could hardly breathe when he kissed her cheek so she ended up falling over again. Thankfully, Lee caught her again.

"You've got to stop falling for me." Is what Lucy heard Lee say. However, what he actually said was, "You've got to stop falling down." What Lucy had heard she would always keep to herself since she knew it was a warped memory...not that she minded.

"Woah, what's going on here?" Elle said. She was wearing a sequined dress and heels. Definitely date attire.

"Lucy said she'd do the kissing booth -- wait, why aren't you at your date?" Lee asked, finally pulling Lucy up.

"Tuppen stood me up. I ran over to see if you guys were here." Elle muttered. Lucy quickly walked over to Elle's side in comfort.

"Tuppen's an ass. I'm sorry Elle." Lucy said sympathetically, placing a hand on her shoulder.

"It doesn't matter, I should've seen it coming." Elle mumbled in shame.

"Stop it, alright? Tuppen isn't worth it. You're way too good for him. Plus, I heard he has like, three nipples. Just saying." Lee added. Elle laughed as she rested her head on Lucy's shoulder.

"Thanks you guys." Elle said with a smile. A smile that Lucy hadn't seen in a while and was hoping she would see it more often.

"Are you kidding me? We'd do it any time." Lucy said sweetly.

"Plus, I live for this shit." Lee said, breaking the moment.

Suddenly, Tuppen walked into the arcade. He was dressed up and looking around nervously. Lee and Lucy stalked up to him and puffed out their chests in defense.

"What the hell are you doing here, Tuppen?" Lucy shot at him. Tuppen had fear in his eyes which Lucy got her incredible power from.

"Alrighty. Hit the road. You had your shot. Keep on moving, bud." Lee began to push him out the door. Elle stood behind the wall of her two friends.

"I need to talk to Elle." Tuppen begged.

"No way, you-" Lucy assisted Lee in pushing Tuppen out the door but Elle stopped them.

"No, guys, it's okay." Elle intervened. Lee and Lucy walked away to the other end of the arcade after Lee shot Tuppen an "I'm-Watching-You" look.

"What do you think they're talking about?" Lee asked anxiously.

"I don't know. Hopefully he's apologizing for being a dick." Lucy said, eyeing him aggressively.

"Go! Whatever! Leave!" Elle screamed as Tuppen left the arcade. "But just so you know, my boobs are fantastic! Yes, some would even say breathtaking!" Elle screamed. Her eyes grew wide in embarrassment as she saw every patron of the arcade staring at her in horror. When she looked at Lee and Lucy, however, they just threw her two sheepish thumbs ups.

Lucy, Lee, and Elle went to their designated cars and got ready to drive home. "I don't think I ever really thanked you for what you're doing for us." Lee said softly to Lucy as Elle got into his car.

"What do you mean?" Lucy's hands got sweaty as she fiddled with her keys.

"The kissing booth. You're really helping out the club."

Lucy smiled and, out of nowhere, took one of her delicate hands and gently placed it on Lee's face. For some reason, all logic flew out the window and Lucy leaned in and placed the sweetest kiss on Lee's cheek. Lee's eyes shut and all he could feel was warmth and happiness. He shivered and never wanted the moment to end.

Lucy leaned in close to his ear. "For you? Anything." She whispered. Lee bit back a squeak. He had never felt that way around anyone before. Lucy slipped into her car and waved while Lee just stood there, rings of blush on his face.

Lucy started her car and drove away. As Lee's car was out of sight, Lucy regained her senses. The color completely drained from her face and she parked her car in a remote area. She replayed every single moment in her head, feeling sicker by the second. She kept cursing herself by every thought and ended up just slamming her head on the wheel and screaming. What Lucy didn't know, however, was that Lee was telling Elle about everything that had just happened and accidentally admitted that he thinks he's falling for Lucy.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

438K 15.3K 163
Sevyn and Von hung around the same people but did not like each other. But they were just cordial. Until Von's birthday came up and Sevyn was the onl...
763K 20.6K 76
မင်းဟာ လူသားတွေကိုကယ်တင်နေတဲ့ဆရာဝန်မလေးပေမယ့်ကိုယ့်အတွက်တော့ အချစ်တွေကုသပေးမယ့် အချစ်ဒေါက်တာမလေးပါ..... #စဝ်ခ...
2.1M 57.7K 95
On the twelfth hour of October 1st, 1989, 43 women gave birth. It was unusual as none of them had been pregnant since the first day they started. Sir...
91.1K 3K 28
Yn was married to a cold man, Kim Taehyung, the Mafia King, who never showed any emotion towards her. He never trusted her and it caused him to take...