Keir (mxm)

By RoEndra

Fearful that his little sister would be chosen, Keir does the only thing he can think of to save his father f... More

Ch. 2

Ch. 1

3.3K 131 13
By RoEndra

"Bailey!" I called out into grassy back yard. The long, thin weeds that grew high into the sky blocked my view. I knew it was overdue for a good mowing, but I was far too lazy to care. Winter was coming soon and would do the job for me.

Taking a step off the back porch I made sure to stand on the tips of my toes as I got closer to the oddly healthy grass that stood taller than me. Calling out again, my dog finally appeared within the weeds with a nasty green snake hanging from her mouth. The head of the snake was gone leaving me to believe Bailey had bitten it off and swallowed it.

"Really, Bailey?" I asked as she placed the dead body at my feed and looked happily up at me as if she had something to be proud about. She did I guess. That snake could have bit someone.

Kicking the corpse closer to the high flowing grass I made sure to pet Baileys head before making my way back into the house. Bailey fallowed closely behind me. Her heavy panting made me smile and the sound of her nails clicking the wooden floor made my heart happy. Everything about Bailey made me happy. She was my daughter after all.

"Now, Bailey, are you hungry? I know you had a little snake head snack but that won't fill your tummy for long!" I made conversation with my best friend as we entered the kitchen. Mom stood there at the counter, drinking a cup of coffee, giving me a weird look. She wasn't one for pets and had always found it odd for the way I felt towards my lovely girl.

"Are you seriously asking Bailey a question as if she's going to answer?" Laughed mom as if it was funny seeing me talk to my baby. I didn't bother answering her but instead walked over to Baileys food bowl and picked it up. She was way too good for just dog food so instead I pulled out some lunch meat, meat I had bought specifically for her and her alone, from the refrigerator before scooping a cup full of her hard dog food and emptying the cup into her bowl.

I know this might seem excessive, but today was Baileys birthday so I made sure to make her breakfast extra delicious. Taking my time, I cut the ham into medium squares. Just big enough to fully wrap around one piece of dog food.

Bailey watched me happily and barked repeatedly after almost thirty minutes of watching. She was getting impatient and out of the corner of my eye I saw my mom shake her head in amusement before placing her now empty cup into the sink. "You spoil her too much."

"You mean not enough?" I argued. You could never spoil your pets enough. They love you unconditionally. Even if you were to beat them half to death, with one sweet touch they'd still see you as a perfect human. It was sad but it's true.

"Mom have you wished Bailey happy birthday?" I made sure to remind her knowing I didn't hear anybody else but myself in the house say it to her this morning. Mom sighed and moved to scratch my child behind her ear as she wished her a happy birthday. Looking down, tears poked at my eyes as I saw how big she's gotten. She sure wasn't a puppy anymore.

Bailey stood tall, almost to my waist, and she was proud. You could see it all over her face. Her blue eyes were bright with happiness and love as she looked at me. Did she really love me? Or did she love the food I held in my hands.

Just as I finished with my baby's food a loud horn echoed through the house. I jumped and Bailey barked as she stood in front of me in a defensive way ready to protect me. Mom touched my shoulder giving me a worried look before rushing from the kitchen to find my dad. Reaching down, I tapped Baileys back to let her know I was okay before placing the food in front of her face. It was only seconds before she dug into the food while I left the kitchen.

Mom and dad were both standing outside along with everyone else who lived in the small village of Salis. Confusion and a little fear filled me as the kings men flooded the streets on their royal white horses. A body moved beside me, my little sister Lila positioned herself on her knees and peeked out the windows just as I was doing.

"What do you thinks happening?" She asked with her sweet voice full of curiosity.

I shrugged my shoulders and watched as one of the men talk loudly to the crowd of people while another man handed my dad a rolled up piece of paper before moving on to our neighbors and doing the same. I watched my parents faces sadden as they read the words on the paper. Mom shook her head no and my dad wrapped his arms around her in hopes to comfort my now crying mother. It didn't help. Instead she lightly removed his arms from her waist and ran into the house.

As she entered she spotted my sister and I, letting out a loud sob once her eyes landed on Lila. Wasting no time she pulled my little sister into her arms and held her close to her chest. "I'm so sorry my baby."

Lila peeked at me over our moms shoulder, eyes starting to water as fear crept into her young mind, just as Dad finally entered the room with a loud, angry sigh. "She's too young!"

"I know she is!" Mom cried out. Tears still running down her pink cheeks. "What if he chooses her? What if he's disgusting and wants a small child? That's the only reason he'd do this! They've never asked for so young! Never!"

"We can't not send her." Dad said in defeat and rubbed his forehead. What were they talking about. Send Lila where and why? "Either we send her willingly or they come take her themselves and possibly kill the whole family. She's also safer moving with the group than alone with those disgusting soldiers!"

I reached out for the paper in my fathers hands. He didn't bother tightening his grip but instead aloud me to remove the paper and read it for myself.

You are required by the royal family to send one female from your home to visit the royal palace in hopes to find a princess for the prince. If you are unable to do as requested, one person from the household will either be taken as a new slave for the prince or will be slaughtered for disobeying the Kings demand. If you do not have a daughter of age your youngest, regardless of age, shall be sent along with any married daughters within the house. If your house is assent of daughters you are free to ignore this request and soldiers will be sent to search the home.

I looked over at mom who still held my sister tightly in her arms. Lila still watched me and as she looked at my face tears began to flood her eyes. She knew something was wrong, and she knows that it involved her.

"What is it?" She demanded to know what everyone else around her knew. Instead of telling, mom hid her face in my sisters neck and Dad looked away with sadness. Knowing she wasn't going to get an answer out of either one of them she turned to me instead. "Keir?"

I broke immediately never being able to hold anything that bothered me in for long. "You're requested by the royal family as a potential bride for the Prince."

"I'm going to be a bride?" My sisters young face lit up in excitement. She was only ten, she didn't understand what this meant. All she knew was that she'd get to wear a beautiful white gown.

"Why are you happy about this?" My Dad asked a little upset. He knew she didn't understand but still he didn't like her happy attitude in such a serious situation. My sisters smile faded immediately as our dad pulled her away from our mom and got down on his knees to be face to face with his daughter. "Lila, you're still just a baby. Being a bride might seem like fun but that's only for when you're older. We don't know the prince, we don't know how he is. He could want to hurt you! He could... h-he might force you to do things you're not ready for." -he turned to face my mother - " I'll head out in the morning and inform the King that we are unable to fulfill his request. I'll offer myself to be a slave or..."

"You can't!" Mom stood from her seat and shook her head as more tears fell from her sad eyes. Lila ran to me and wrapped her arms around my waist. The bottom of my shirt became wet with her tears as she slowly understood what our father meant.
She was young; not stupid.

"Misty, I have to! We can't let Lila go she's too young." Before my mother could respond Dad took her in his arms and kissed her. "I've made up my mind and no matter what you say I won't change it. Now, I have some work to finish out in the yard before I head out in the morning."

The room was heavily filled with sadness once my dad left the room. Bailey slowly inched her way towards the couch to stand beside me; her big head resting on my knee as I held my sister close. I looked over to mom who was now holding back her tears. Walking over to us she kissed the tops of both our heads before too leaving the room; leaving my sister and I alone with Bailey.

"Lila," I said to get her attention. She looked up at me with glossy eyes full of sadness. "I promise I won't let anything happen to you or father."

She didn't fully understand what my intentions were, or what my words meant, but I did and that's all that mattered.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

30.6K 4K 26
sᴏ ʜᴇʀᴇ ɪ ᴄᴏᴍᴇ ᴡɪᴛʜ sᴇᴀsᴏɴ 𝟸 ᴏғ ᴛʜᴇ ᴍᴏsᴛ ᴅᴇᴍᴀɴᴅᴇᴅ ɪᴛᴠ sᴇʀɪᴀʟ ᴍᴀᴅᴅᴀᴍ sɪʀ❤️..ʜᴇʀᴇ ʏᴏᴜ ɢᴜʏs ɢᴏᴛ ᴡɪᴛɴᴇss ᴏғ ᴛʜᴇ ɴᴇᴡ ᴊᴏᴜʀɴᴇʏ ᴏғ ᴍᴘᴛ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀs ᴀғᴛᴇʀ ᴛʜᴇ ʙᴏ...
101K 2.3K 50
Alissa Iris De León the daughter of both the Spanish and Italian Mafia. A week after she was born she was sent away from her 2 brothers to live with...
148K 2.3K 30
˚₊‧꒰ა ☆ ໒꒱ ‧₊˚ in which lando norris falls for oscar piastri's sister. or an upcoming rookie joins mclaren and his sister causes a stir.
8K 234 23
here you will find a few of my ideas. Have fun :) -Angst + Character death (Chapter 1) -slownburn??? Idk/Mialotte (Chapter2) -family drama (Chapter 3...