Who she is

Sincesilence

Who you are is never worth hiding. Entered in #wattpride 2018. Еще

Chapter one

10 1 2
Sincesilence

Please remember this is my work so don't copy or use any of it.

Thank you for reading this short story. Sorry for any mistakes.

- - -

Vee stared. The water crashed beneath her, hurling itself onto Dovers cliffs. They seemed to lungee towards thier ultimate end from the hands of the chalk white cliffs with happiness and anticipation. Vee wished she could say the same about herself.

Still Vee stared, unmoving from her spot on the clifftop. She was scared, completly and utterly terrified, lost in her own dark sence of disappear and isolation. She felt as if by the next time she visited these very cliffs she would be offically an outsider, unloved, shamed and shunned from her family and friends.

But Vee had to do it. She had to tell them, she could no longer remain silent of her hearts wants and needs. She could no longer be the Vee they wanted. She had to be her own Vee.

She had to be Leah's Vee.

Even if it cost her family and friends.

Leah: Good luck. I love you. Xx

Vee stared at the text for the millionth time her heart beating faster as she pictured Leah's loving voice whispering those words to her as they lay together, complete in the essence of the other.

Yes. She had to be Leah's Vee.

Turning and decending down the cliff untill she reached the road to the village where her fate awaited her.

Roads she had always considered long seem to disappear beneth Vee's very feet, winding down into nothing.

Her hands trembled, sweat dripped down the back of her neck in anticipation of the hours to come.

Thump. Thump. Thump.

Small thatched roofs cottages belonging to the village came into view. Standing perfectly, seemingly innocent.

Thump. Thump. Thump.

Muller cottage.

She swallowed.

Thump. Thump. Thump.

The key turned in the lock. Muller cottage swimg open.

The sweet smell of spices and herbs filled her nostrals. Her little sister, Lacy, dashed towards her throwing herself into Vee's arms.

Thump. Thump. Thump.

"Vee. Vee. Your back! I thought you'd never return in time for dinner. And then I'd have to eat alone!"

Thump. Thump. Thump.

Vee laughed. She let herself be pulled into the dinning area by her little sister, who was already laying down the cutlary for the evening meal.

Thump. Thump. Thump.

Her parents walked in the room smiles alighting there faces.

Thump. Thump. Thump.

Vee wondered how no one else could hear her racing heart.

They sat. Vee stared to scared to move, as if her voice had left her. Her hands trembled uncontrollably and her food remained untouched.

Thump. Thump. Thump.

"Vee darling, are you ok?" Her mum's soothing voice washed over her softly.

But no Vee was not ok. She felt like throwing up in fear of what she was about to do.

Thump. Thump. Thump. 

"I . . . I . . . I . . . Mum"

Thump. Thump. Thump.

"Vee darling! Relax breathe you look like your about to throw up. "

Vee was crying in fear. She wrapped her shaking arms around herself, hunching her shoulders into a ball.

"Mummy next time I come home I'd like you to meet . . ." Vee voice broke as the endless stream of tears cascaded down her face " Umm. . . Mum I'd really like you to meet. . . My girlfriend Leah"

Silence. Dead silence.

Vee felt like the silence would never end.

Her fathers face started to turn from shoke to anger, his large fist clenching and un clenching. His face slowly turning red, and his eyes sparking in disapproval.

Vee cried harder.

"Is she pretty?" Lacy's innocent little voice broke the silence filled with excitment. She seemed to be oblivious to her parent reaction.

Vee nodded unable to from any words through her tears.

"Is she nice then?" Lacy reaction was turning confused. "Cause you don't seem to happy Vee. Your crying." Lacy started moving toward's her older sister and her fagile little arms surrounded Vee's shaking body.

Vee's father stood, looked at the sisters together and turned stormed into the kitchen.

Her mothers seemed wake from the trance she had seem to be in, and began rushing to join the sisters huddle. Her own set of tears streaming down her face.

"Vee darling, she sounds wounderful."  The incomparable voice of there mother washed over the sisters and Vee began to sit straight pulling Lacy into her lap.

And for the first time since her announcement Vee found her voice.

"She is mum. She's amazing, she's funny and sophisticated, loving, kind. Leah's doing her medical degree, so she's an amazing person. I promise mummy.  I mean she does have a flaw. . . She's from rural Wales, you know the place outside Swansea, the Breaken Beakens. But even then her accents gourgous. " Vee's voice was linned with childish hope and pride as she waited for the approval of her mother and little sister. (A/n please don't take offence it was ment to be joke nothing against the Welsh)

"Darling she sounds wounderful. I'm sure we'll love meeting her when she comes down. Ok. Your father will come around, don't worry it's just shocking. He loves you more than anything, ok? Darling, " she wipped her daughter's tears away " he loves you. His stubbornness is not bigger then his pride, he just need time."

Vee was staring to smile slowly in the arms of her mother and sister.

"Oh darling, I'm so proud of you. I know that couldn't be easy." At this a fresh set of tears streamed down Vee's face as for the first time since descovering she was in love with Leah, she felt safe and at home with her family.

"I know mummy its just i know how dad feels and I didn't want to lose you guys. Cause I love you." Vee sobbed into her mothers shoulders.

" I love you too Vee" Lacy's excited little voice ran across the room as she wiggled from the huddle and began to run round the room in excitement.

"Darling, we would never judge you on something like this. Ok? We love you. Love is love right? As long as your happy, healthy and keeping up with your studies we'll support you no matter what. "

And in that very moment Vee felt a sence of peace and comfort surrounded by love and acceptence of who she was. She wasn't hiding anything from her family. She was complete. She was completly and brilliantly herself.

Her mother was correct, by the end of the day her father had returned and accepted that her happiness was worth far more than whatever  prejedices he had previously clung too.

In the spring of that year Leah visted them, her bounicing curls bring life to the family.

And the next time Vee visted the cliffs she was not an outcast but a happy, accepted, young woman filled with life and love.

- - -

What was your view on Vee?

Did you like the plot line?

What did you think of Vee's parents and little sisters reaction?

Продолжить чтение

Вам также понравится

The Boy Who Read Minds ✔️ Veronica

Научная фантастика

3.9M 159K 69
Highest rank: #1 in Teen-Fiction and sci-fi romance, #1 mindreader, #2 humor Aaron's special power might just be the coolest- or scariest- thing ever...
Literotica Compilation Notiiinoty

Короткий рассказ

170K 285 25
Compilation of the Best Stories on Literotica
Fate v xxxiri v

Короткий рассказ

21.2K 1.5K 12
"𝚆𝚑𝚎𝚗 𝚠𝚒𝚕𝚕 𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚢 𝚜𝚝𝚘𝚙 𝚑𝚊𝚝𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚖𝚎 ?" 𝙰 𝟷𝟻 𝚢𝚎𝚊𝚛 𝚘𝚕𝚍, 𝚅𝚒𝚜𝚑𝚗𝚞 𝚊𝚜𝚔𝚎𝚍 𝚌𝚛𝚢𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚑𝚒𝚜 𝚑𝚎𝚊𝚛𝚝 𝚘𝚞𝚝. "𝚆...
Marked by the Alpha zabellerain

Про оборотней

43.8M 1.3M 37
"You are mine," He murmured across my skin. He inhaled my scent deeply and kissed the mark he gave me. I shuddered as he lightly nipped it. "Danny, y...