SVT 14th Member || All For Th...

Από rubybeyer

Min-ji was striving for her ultimate goal when a series of spontaneous encounters turned her life into what c... Περισσότερα

Chapter 1
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Not an update!!
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
New Book Covers! ✨
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Taking a break
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
New Covers again!
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 49 - Part 2
Chapter 50
Chapter 51 Part 1
Chapter 51 PT 2
Chapter 52
Deepest Apologies 🙏🏻
Chapter 53

Chapter 2

1.9K 34 7
Από rubybeyer

Current date of story: 2014,, November 25th, a Tuesday

I unlock the door leading to my dorm and walk inside. I have this massive place all to myself...two bedrooms, one bathroom, huge kitchen, recording studio and a massive living area to practice dancing in. I should be over the moon that I have all this space...But I get lonely when I'm all by myself. Usually trainees will stay at their own homes or room with other trainees regardless if they're in a group or not. I don't have a place of my own, not anymore anyways, and I have no clue who my parents even are...I've stayed with foster families all my life. When I was thirteen I made a huge decision. I wasn't happy in L.A. I wanted a change of scenery as it were. I talked to my quote on quote 'manager' at the child agency and convinced him to send me to Korea. At that time I was practically in love with K-pop. I wanted to move so I could 'hone' my skills. A family in Korea took me in and raised me as if I were their own daughter. I went through school and worked hard at my semi full-time job before I finally got to audition. I had to leave school early but it was worth from my point of view, even if I haven't debuted yet. Since I turned eighteen I know longer needed foster parents. So, I moved into the dorms. There currently aren't any other female trainees so that's why I'm by myself. I dump my bag on the couch and make my way to the bathroom. I take my time to shower and use the toilet.

The recording room is just how I left it last night, paper scattered everywhere and a few coffee mugs sitting on the table. I pick up a pencil and turn to my freshly written lyrics.

Woah~ oh~
Every night, I look up to the sky
And see you
I recall all those memories...
I just wish I could forget...

We used to be the best of friends
And now what's left of us?
Shadows cloud my judgement
I should be better than this
I can't help but want you back...

Baby just one more time...
Let me hear your voice
Let me feel your touch
Let me stare into your eyes...
Just one more time!

All those moments we spent together...
They're all gone forever...
Oh ~ I wish we had more time...
I wish we had more time

Baby just one more time...
Let me hear your voice
Let me feel your touch
Let me stare into your eyes...
Just one more time!

All those moments we spent together...
They're all gone forever...
Oh ~ I wish we had more time...
I wish we had more time

Lyrics by Ruby Beyer (Author)

There's really nothing to change...I love the lyrics so much! They just came to me one night. An musical epiphany of sorts. I guess I should try adding in some music? I pull out my guitar and some sheet music. Something slow would be best but I reckon it could pick up a bit during a couple of sections.

I spend a good couple of hours going through a trial and error process before I'm finally happy. It took so long just to do the guitar part. I still wanted to add a little piano and maybe some electric music as well. I sigh and look at the digital clock hanging by the door. 6:00. Time for dinner I guess. I sigh loudly and storm out of the practice room into the kitchen.

I open the fridge and freeze. My phones ringing. I pull it out of my pocket. Jonathan's calling. I take in a quick breath and answer the call.

"Yeoboseyo?"

"Ah! Ms Hong! I'm glad you picked up. I have some news! I spoke to the CEO and he's agreed to let you audition. And if you pass he has a group in mind!"

"Omo! Jinjja?" I jump and down.

"Yes. Now regarding the audition, it will be held on Friday. The CEO would like you to sing/rap a song and then dance to a song. He would also like to hear you play violin, piano and guitar. It will be a long process but I'm sure it will be a bit of fun!"

"Ah, ye. Kamsahamnida!"

"It's my pleasure Ms Hong, I will text you further details later tonight."

He hangs up.

It's actually happening! I might be placed in a group soon! I wonder what songs I should do? I could record the rest of my song and come up with choreography for that...but yet again I might not have time, what with work and training. I could take a week off I suppose? I'm aiming to impress so I think it would be best. Oh, and I might have to add a bit of rap to the song. Well I've got my work cut out for me.

Current date of story: 2014 November 26th, a Wednesday

I wake up refreshed and ready to go! I already called Mrs Park to tell her I won't be in the studio for the week. I had to lie and say that I'm taking a 'mental holiday', I did the same for work as well. I jump out of bed and head straight to the recording studio, not bothering to change out of my pyjamas. I scan over the lyrics once again.

"I guess I could make one of the chorus sections as a rap?". I may as well just sing through it and record it all in one go. That way I can hear it and make changes as I go.

I press a few buttons on the control panel and head behind the glass. I slide the headphones over my ears and hit play on my phone that's been connected to the dash board. I start to sing. It feels amazing to sing a song that I wrote myself.
My voice ceases. I think it sounded pretty good...I'll still have to listen to it though. I walk back out and hit play on the control panel.

After the recording finishes I slump down into my chair. It's just missing something...Maybe when I add in the other instruments it'll sound better? I sigh and walk over to the keyboard.

I play round with different notes and tunes for hours. I think I've found the right set of beats and notes. I tack it onto the recording and play it through again. Much better! I think I'll only add in a few bars of violin though. Tea break!

I sip on my tea as I scribble notes down onto sheet music. I pull out my violin bow and slide resin up and down the hundreds of fine horse hairs. I pick up the violin and rest it careful atop my shoulder and under my chin. I move the bow gently across its strings.

Now all that's left is to add in some electric music. I turn to my mac and open up a program that Mrs Park suggested. Again, I played round for a little while and then added the track to my song. I played it back to me.

I love it! I need a second opinion though...but who? I tilt my head to the side. If Kookie were here I'd ask him... I think back to yesterday and my encounter with Jisoo. It was like I met my duple-ganger! We look so alike! Hang on a second...I could ask him to listen to it! I grab up my phone from the table and go to contacts. Hong Jisoo...ah, there he is. I press the green button next to his name and my phone begins to ring. I wait for fifteen seconds or more before he picks up.

"Min-ji?"

"Jisoo! I'm glad you picked up, are you busy?"

"Ah well I'm doing some dance practice with my group. What do you need?"

"Well I was hoping you could help me with a song I'm writing? I just need you to listen to it."

"I'd be happy to but can it be tomorrow?"

"That would be perfect."

"Okay I have to go now but text me the address and time. I'll be there."

"Thank you so much!"

"My pleasure, see you tomorrow then."

"Kamsahamnida, annyeong."

"Hold on! You can call me Joshua if you'd like."

"Ne, annyeong Joshua."

I hang up. Now to start on some choreography. I skip off to my room and change into skins and a cropped top. Right...I've never really come up with a song worth of choreo by myself so I guess we'll see how we go. I'm going to have to incorporate some difficult elements.

I start off with some slow movements and tilt my head up towards the ceiling, as if I was looking up at the sky and I reach my hand up above my head.

Woah~ oh~
Every night, I look up to the sky

I bring my right hand down and stare at the wall in front of me, tilting my head.
And see you

I place my hands either side of my head, sticking my elbows out and moving the top half of my body back and forth. I throw my hands down to my sides.

I recall all those memories...

I sink to the floor and lie down, one knee bent

I just wish I could forget...

I rise to my knees and move my arms to the beat

We used to be the best of friends
And now what's left of us?

I stand, without using my hands

Shadows cloud my judgement
I should be better than this
I can't help but want you back...

I continue through the song, just moving my body around and busting moves that I never thought I was capable of. The music stops. My breaths are heavy and uneven.

Συνέχεια Ανάγνωσης

Θα σας αρέσει επίσης

20.6K 756 22
Title says it all...
57.3K 2K 26
Love had never been an easy thing for Lee Hyejin, not in the past and certainly not now. After finally having experienced the 'love' she wanted, fate...
12.1K 404 44
A family barrier against their relationship and when four people are involving and get hurt in a different way for falling deeply inlove with a perso...
52.5K 1.1K 32
Never ever thought someone like her would effect someone like him that much. but before he could realise, he has completely fallen deep for her. Will...