𝚏𝚕𝚘𝚠𝚎𝚛 ☆ 𝚋𝚎𝚕𝚕𝚊𝚖𝚢...

By quitsagb

[COMPLETED•EDITED] ❝ Call me flower one more time and I will put an arrow in your head ❞ ❝ You got it, babygi... More

||: PART ONE
00 ❁ PRELUDE
01 ❁ The First Day On Earth☑️
02 ❁ The Grounders☑️
03 ❁ The Death Of Atom☑️
04 ❁ Raven To The Rescue☑️
05 ❁ Finding Comfort☑️
06 ❁ Interrogations☑️
07 ❁ Allison☑️
09 ❁ Head Trauma☑️
10 ❁ Bombs Away☑️
11 ❁ Raven's Truth☑️
12 ❁ Being Together☑️
13 ❁ Murphy Goes Rogue☑️
14 ❁ Grounder Attack☑️
||: PART TWO
15 ❁ Her Very Own Savior☑️
16 ❁ Reunions☑️
17 ❁ Liam☑️
18 ❁ Caught☑️
19 ❁ Search Mission☑️
20 ❁ Mother Dearest☑️
21 ❁ Cock block☑️
22 ❁ Village Slaughter☑️
23 ❁ Who Are you☑️
24 ❁ A Declaration Of Love☑️
25 ❁ The Death Of Spacewalker☑️
26 ❁ Death By A Thousand Cuts☑️
27 ❁ The Missile☑️
28 ❁ An Unknown Deal☑️
29 ❁ Defeating The Odds☑️
||: BOOK TWO DISCONTINUED

08 ❁ Unity Day☑️

10.5K 191 212
By quitsagb

CHAPTER EIGHT
❁ unity day ❁

"Well you know what they say about hope. It breeds eternal misery." - Spencer Hastings

❁❁ ❁❁ ❁❁ ❁❁ ❁❁

DAHLIA RUNS AWAY, from the guards as they chase her down the halls of the ark after an announcement was made to capture her. Her father had figured out it was her who killed Liam and had ordered for her arrest. She pushes past people as she runs to get somewhere safe. Her heart is pumping in her chest, adrenaline rushing through her veins. The guards shout at her as she quickens her speed but runs into something hard, cutting the chase short. She struggles against the arms around her as she lets out groans. Dahlia looks up, trying to get a glimpse of the person holding her but her breath hitches in her throat when she sees who it is. Marcus Kane. Tears brim in her eyes as she looks at him. He stares back at her coldly with no emotion in his face. "You can't do this." Dahlia tells him, practically begging him to let her go. The guards had caught up by now and were standing back for approval. "It was an accident! It was self defence." She tries her best to explain but Marcus' eyes just move to the guards, giving a firm nod. Next thing she knows, hands are grabbing her arms and yanking her back into their hold. Tears stream down her face as she starts screaming and kicking as they drag her down the halls of the ark. "No!" She yells as she fights her hardest against the two strong guards, Marcus watching her the whole time. "What do you think you're doing?!" She screams out, loud enough to make him flinch as she yells at the top of her lungs. "Daddy!" Dahlia shouts at Marcus who simply trails his eyes to the floor. Ashamed of his own daughter. "Dad! Please no!" She begs and Dahlia can faintly hear her name being called. Her body becoming overwhelmed with emotion and betrayal, her throat lets out an ear piercing scream.

Dahlia shoots up in Bellamy's bed, breathing heavily as dry tear stains are evidently shown on her cheeks. She looks around, expecting to see her father who practically abandoned her but is met with the face of Bellamy Blake, concern and worry laced in his eyes. He has both hands on her arms like he was shaking her moments before. She swallows hard as she tries to pull herself back together from the memory. "Are you okay? You were screaming." Bellamy asks as he sits next to her on the bed, looking at her face but she only brings her hands up to her face to wipe her tears. "You were saying things like 'you can't do this' and 'what do you think you're doing'" He states and he seems hesitant before continuing, not wanting to bring up unwanted memories for her. "Was it a nightmare about Liam?" Bellamy questions, rubbing her arm gently to let her know that he was here for her. Dahlia just turns her head towards him to meet his eyes before shaking her head ever so slightly.

"Uh— n-no. It was about my dad." Dahlia stutters as she rests her head on his shoulder, wanting the warmth that he brung to her. He lets out a relieved sigh that she wasn't relieving a horrid memory but little did Bellamy know, she was going through an even worse one. Betrayal. She feels warm lips against her head before an arm is wrapped around her. Dahlia gulps as she closes her eyes, cuddling into him further before lifting her head to look at his face. "Help me forget." She asks him causing Bellamy's eyebrows to furrow as he looks down at her, having no clue what she was asking him to do.

"What?" He questions as he moves his body so he's facing towards her more. Dahlia runs her hand down his shirt, feeling his toned chest and she moves closer to him, meeting his curious eyes.

"Help me forget all the bad memories from the ark. Help me forget about everything that's going on down here. Just help me." Dahlia states as she climbs onto his lap, removing Bellamy's jacket off of her body and tossing it to the ground. His eyes follow the jacket before meeting Dahlia once again. He is clearly shocked by her new behaviour but he doesn't let it sway him.

"Flower, you're not thinking straight." Bellamy tells her as she starts taking off her shirt, throwing it on top of the jacket leaving her in her sports bra and leggings. His eyes only watch her as her hands move down to the waistline of her pants.

"But I am." She says before moving slightly to remove her leggings. Bellamy glances down at her body briefly that is left in her undergarments as he gulps slightly. "Help me." Dahlia begs as her legs are on either side of him, pressing her body up against him. Bellamy only clears his throat, knowing she wasn't thinking rationally.

"Dahlia." Bellamy warns as he moves his eyes to hers, keeping them there as she moves closer. Grabbing the sides of his face as she leans forward.

"Help me, Bellamy." Dahlia whispers before connecting their lips roughly, moving her hands to his neck to deepen the kiss. Bellamy can feel her slightly grinding but only pushes her off gently, leaving a confused expression on her face. "Isn't this what you want?" She asks him as she tries to connect their lips once more but he turns his head so she can't. Bellamy takes her hands in his and gives them a soft squeeze.

"When you're ready. And you're not, Dahlia. You just have a lot of emotions right now." Bellamy states as he gives her a frown. Dahlia sends him back a glare as she gets off of him to put on her clothes. He lets out a sigh as she throws his jacket at him harshly. "Dahlia, come on." He tries to reason with her but she only storms out of the tent, angry at Bellamy for rejecting her. Bellamy only wanted what was best for her and he knew that she would regret it right after they did sleep together. She needed to be thinking clearly for them to ever do something of the sort.

"My friends, this is an historic day." Dahlia hears as she exits the tent, finding a rather large group around a screen of Chancellor Jaha. "Every day we mark the moments our ancestors of our twelve stations joined to form the ark. But this is the last time we do so while aboard her. Next year, on the ground." Chancellor Jaha states smiling before people in the room with him start to clap. Dahlia rolls her eyes as her arms cross over her chest.

"Right, after we did all the work." Miller points out, looking around at the group of criminals gathered to watch the screen. "Someone shut him up." He says and Dahlia only sighs as her eyes meet someone she had hoped not to see that day or any day for that matter. Finn. He offers her a slight smile only earning a scowl in return as she breaks the eye contact and starts walking away from the television, not wanting to hear anymore.

"Shut up, Miller. No ones forcing you to watch." Dahlia catches Raven tell Miller who she can feel roll his eyes. She sits on a log, alone as she hears cheers around her but she can't be bothered to look up from the ground. Someone sits next to her but she doesn't move her head. The person seems to set something next to her before walking off. Dahlia slightly moves her eyes, only to see a metal drinking container. She furrows her eyebrows wondering why someone would just give her water, she could get it herself. Dahlia looks up, catching a glimpse of long brown hair which could only mean one person. Finn. She slightly rolls her eyes, he doesn't even have the guts to talk to her. Not that she would reply since she is waiting for an apology about what he said. Dahlia glances over at the container before hesitantly picking it up. She sniffs it, getting a smell of something strong in return. This was definitely not water. Dahlia takes a sip, coughing as a strong hot liquid runs down her throat. She finally swallows, knowing that it's alcohol probably from the makes of Monty. Dahlia just smiles slightly before drinking more. Tonight, she was gonna have fun for the first time in forever.

❁❁ ❁❁ ❁❁ ❁❁ ❁❁

AS PEOPLE PARTY WITH THE UNITY JUICE THAT MONTY MADE, Bellamy stands off to the side, taking a bite of his apple not really wanting to drink while watching the others dance around. He was really trying to look out for Dahlia who he hasn't seen since she stormed out of his tent. The only reason he rejected her was because she wasn't thinking clearly, she was emotional and he didn't want to take advantage of that.

When she was actually ready and told him she was, then he would gladly help her feel good. But untill then he would keep rejecting her. Clarke walks up to him, sighing as she does. "The coms are still dead." She states as she stops in front of him. "They cut out during the pageant." She finishes as he turns his eyes to her. He smirks slightly before chewing the rest of his apple.

"Best unity day, ever." He tells her, earning a tiny laugh from the blonde and a smile. Clarke then looks around the camp before turning back to face him.

"Do you really think now is a good time to be having a party? I mean, the grounder is out there." Clarke points out with worry in her tone. Bellamy only sighs as he turns to Clarke, putting down his apple.

"Grounders." He corrects her with a stern gaze, making sure she realized that it wasn't just the one grounder that escaped from them. "By now, he's made it home. He's probably putting together a lynch mob." Bellamy jokes slightly but once he sees the worried expression on Clarke's face he sighs. "Relax, I've got security covered." He assured her causing her to nod before looking down at the ground. "Why don't you go get a drink? You look like you could use one." Bellamy says and she lets out a chuckle, smiling before shaking her head.

"I could use more than one." She admits and he smiles back at her. He could use one too but he wasn't in the mood, usually he would happily accept a drink.

"Then have more than one." Bellamy tells her as she looks at him curiously. "Clarke, the exodus ship carrying your mother comes down here in two days. After that, the party's over. Have some fun, while you still can. You deserve it." He tells her and Clarke looks away for a second like she's trying to think about it before smiling.

"Yeah. Okay." She replies before her eyes meet a familiar strawberry-blonde. Clarke raises an eyebrow, a laugh escaping her lips. "I might go join your girlfriend over there, she seems like she's having fun." Clarke points out causing Bellamy's eyebrows to furrow as he looks at the blonde who smirks slightly.

"My girlfriend?" He asks before she nods her head in a direction. Bellamy moves his eyes only to find Dahlia dancing around with a random guy's arms around her, too low for Bellamy's liking. He clenches his fists tightly at the picture of another man's hands on her.

"I saw how close you two were on the day trip. And how she asked to talk to you alone when she found out you were planning to leave. Not to mention the hugs and head kisses." Clarke explains how she found out that the two had been dating. Bellamy wouldn't really call it dating though, sure they had kissed and slept in the same bed but he wasn't exactly sure if they were official or not.

"I'm gonna uh make sure she doesn't end up outside the gate." Bellamy states before clearing his throat making Clarke raise an eyebrow at the boy. Of course he was going to go be protective of her, he wasn't about to allow another boy to take advantage of her.

"Right. You go do that." Clarke teases as he sends her a glare before making his way over to Dahlia. She notices him immediately and screams excitedly before stumbling over to him and wrapping her arms around him.

"Hey there, handsome. Where have you been?" Dahlia asks with a smile on her face but eyebrows furrowed. Bellamy gives her a slight smile before giving a death glare to the guy behind her, who runs away to escape his wrath. Without warning, Dahlia smashes her lips onto Bellamy's. Caught off guard, Bellamy just holds her waist so she doesn't fall. He kisses back lightly before pulling away.

"What was that for?" He asks looking at her with a smile. Dahlia sighs exaggeratedly as she lets her arms wrap loosely around his neck.

"For turning me down this morning and not letting me do anything stupid." Dahlia replies with a unidentifiable expression on her face. He raises an eyebrow at the girl, somewhat surprised by her answer. He knew she would come to her senses, he just didn't think she had to be drunk to do it.

"So what, are you an honest drunk?" Bellamy teases with a smirk, wondering if he could get some answers from her. He had always wanted to learn something embarassing about her to hold over her head and tease her about all day.

"Honest. Humorous. Clumsy. Emotional. Sometimes horny when the right person talks to me." Dahlia explains, pointing the last sentence at Bellamy who shakes his his head in amusement. She only pouts as she hangs off of his body, using him as a wall.

"You are something else, you know that?" He tells her and she just gives him an innocent look while shrugging. Dahlia pecks his lips quickly, almost too quick to be noticeable.

"That's why you love me." She states, sending a sweet smile before turning back around to grab another drink. Bellamy freezes at her choice of words, he didn't even know if she meant to say it. Bellamy clears his throat, not knowing how to respond to that but knowing that she wouldn't even remember any of this anyway. He grabs the drink from her hand and sets it back down earning a pout from her.

"I think you've had enough." Bellamy tells her as he tries to lead her away from the alcohol. She only bumps into him as she lazily tries to get out of his grip.

"Bell, come on! Have some fun with me." She begs as she grabs his hands, pulling him closer to her. He looks down at her, her breath hitting his skin. Dahlia flutters her eyelashes up at him, a cute and pleading expression on her face.

"Don't want you doing anything you regret now do we?" He says in a low voice as he tries not to get distracted by how close they are. Dahlia just takes a step closer before glancing down at his lips.

"Can we at least make out?" She asks bluntly and he lets out a laugh, backing away slightly, amused by her new found confidence.

"Maybe tomorrow, I don't want you puking on me mid kiss." Bellamy explains with slight disgust on his face as she nods her head, tilting it slightly. It would not be very attractive for her to do so and it would probably make things a little bit awkward.

"That's fair." Dahlia states and he smiles before wrapping his arm around her, her head leaning on his shoulder.

"Come on, I'll take you to your tent." Bellamy tells her and she sighs before glancing up at him as they walk.

"Can we go to yours? It's much comfier." Dahlia points out as she thinks about his soft sheets and comfy bed, laying down on it with his arms wrapped around her. Or just laying down on it in general.

"Okay." He simply says before they walk off to his tent. Once they get inside, Dahlia flops down onto the bed but immediately regrets it when she is hit with a wave of nausea. She lets out a groan as she clutches her stomach. Bellamy places a empty bucket next to the bed as he sits down at the end. Dahlia closes her eyes as deep breaths leave her lips. Bellamy places his hand on her back, rubbing soothing circles causing her to smile and snuggle more into the pillow.

"Cuddle with me."  Dahlia says in a soft tone. He raises his eyebrows at her, almost laughing at her. Bellamy found this new confidence in her amusing.

"Cuddle?" He asks in a questionable tone. Dahlia looks at him, slightly glaring at the boy.

"Don't judge me, I'm sick." Dahlia states and Bellamy rolls his eyes playfully at the girls excuse.

"You're drunk." He corrects her with a smile causing her to squint her eyes a little before letting out a fake cough. Bellamy chuckles before shaking his head. He climbs into the bed next to her and wraps an arm around her waist. Dahlia moves back into him so he grips her waist a little firmer to tighten the hold. She closes her eyes again as Bellamy placing his head in the crook of her neck, his soft breath hitting her skin. There cuddling gets interrupted though when Clarke walks into the tent, smirking slightly when she sees the two.

"Hey, I need to talk to you." Clarke says, nodding at Bellamy who sighs before going to sit up but gets grabbed by Dahlia.

"No, you're staying here." She tells him as she holds him closer. He chuckles lightly before pulling out of her hold which was quite easy since she is drunk.

"I'll just be a minute." He states before getting up fully and making his way to Clarke.

"If you wanted to join us Clarke you could have just asked. I know I'm irresistible. Just ask Bellamy, I'm an amazing kisser with an amazing body." She states confidently with a large grin on her face. Clarke blushes slightly as she avoids Dahlia's eyes, clearing her throat as Bellamy just looks at the two girls in amusement. He sure loved Dahlia's behaviour when she was drunk. "You wanna see?" She asks before starting to pull up her shirt. Clarke chokes on her spit as she looks up at the roof. Bellamy quickly rushes to Dahlia and pulls her shirt down.

"Just lay down and I'll be back in a minute, okay?" Bellamy says, his eyes still a little wide. Clarke is trying her best to keep her eyes on anything but Dahlia. She couldn't help but find the girl attractive, although it would not be the best decision to let anyone know that.

"We could have had a threesome, Bellamy. But now you ruined it." Dahlia huffs as she crosses her arms but lays down regardless. Bellamy rubs his face knowing she wouldn't stop until they left. Clarke is blushing madly as she avoids Bellamy's eye contact. They both make their way out of the tent as Bellamy clears his throat, scratching the back of his neck.

"Sorry about that." He apologizes and Clarke raises an eyebrow at his apology but she shrugs in response.

"It's fine. Anyways, Finn's set up a meeting with the grounders." Clarke tells him and Bellamy immediately drops any emotion on his face as he glares slightly at the blonde. "I'm leaving to go talk to them." She adds and he looks away for a split second, a scoff leaving his lips.

"Because you figure that impaling people on spears is their code for 'let's be friends'" Bellamy replies sarcastically as he rolls his eyes at Clarke. He couldn't believe they would even think about meeting the people who almost killed Dahlia, his sister and Jasper. "Have you lost your damn mind?" He asks her with an angry expression on his face. Clarke only huffs as a stern look crosses over her face.

"I think it might be worth a shot. I mean, we do have to live with these people." Clarke points out and Bellamy only shakes his head, keeping his stern expression on his face.

"They'll probably gut you. String you up as a warning." He states as she sighs looking up at him. She knew he would be hard to convince, but she was hoping that he would get over himself to help her.

"Well that's why I'm here. I need you to follow us, be our backup." Clarke explains to him as he raises a slight eyebrow. Bellamy was surprised by the girls ask, since usually she didn't want him involved in anything.

"Does Finn know about this?" He questions and Clarke only stares at him with a blank expression.

"Finn doesn't need to know and Bellamy. Bring guns." Clarke tells him and he gives her a little nod before turning to walk away only to get stopped by Clarke. "Wait, that's not it." She tells him and he turns back around, a curious expression on his face. "They asked for Dahlia to be there. I don't know why, but they won't have the meeting without her." Clarke states and Bellamy gives her a shocked but pointed expression.

"You saw her Clarke, she's not in the right mind to talk to these people. She can barely even walk." Bellamy points out and Clarke sighs as she looks around before meeting Bellamy's eyes.

"I know but we need her, Bellamy." Clarke states as he sighs and runs a hand through his messy hair. "I can just get Finn to carry her." She says and he immediately shakes his head at her.

"She won't let Finn near her." Bellamy tells Clarke who furrows her eyebrows, obviously not knowing what happened between the two.

"What, why?" Clarke asks him as Bellamy clears his throat a little, not really feeling comfortable talking to her about him and Dahlia.

"He walked in on Dahlia and I in a... compromising position and they got in a fight." Bellamy explains as Clarke's eyebrows raise slightly. She knew Finn wasn't a big fan of Bellamy but she never thought he would yell at Dahlia because of it. They were practically family.

"Well they both have to deal with it whether they like it or not." Clarke states and Bellamy just stares at her for a couple seconds before sighing, knowing he wouldn't win this with her.

"Fine, I'll go get her. But if she starts doing anything that will cost the alliance then it's your fault." Bellamy tells her before walking off to his tent. He walks in, finding Dahlia passed out under the covers. He lets out a sigh knowing it's gonna be hard to wake her up. Bellamy walks over to her, bending down next to the bed and lightly shakes her. She furrows her eyebrows as she just snuggles into the pillow more. "Dahlia." He whispers as he shakes her a little harder. Dahlia groans before turning the other way and pulling the sheets over her head. Bellamy smiles, shaking his head a little before getting on the bed and leaning over her. He moves the sheet and places a soft kiss on her head. She squirms a little under his touch. "I need you to get up for me." He tells her in a light tone. Dahlia only groans in response but turns over to face him, clearly not in the mood.

"Unless it's about the threesome, I'm not interested." Dahlia states making Bellamy chuckle slightly knowing she's still drunk.

"Clarke uh.. set up a meeting with the grounders, she wants you there." Bellamy partially lies to Dahlia who raises an eyebrow as she sits up slightly.

"Clarke did?" She asks in a questionable tone. Clarke never really needs her anywhere so this comes to sort of a shock to her.

"Yeah, so can you please get up? I know you're still—" Bellamy begins only to be cut off by Dahlia who smirks slightly.

"Anything Clarke needs I'm there." She replies and Bellamy only gives her an annoyed look, really starting to regret the whole liking her being drunk thing.

"Is this about the threesome thing?" He questions, already knowing the answer since it wasn't hard to read her.

"She's an attractive woman, Bellamy. I might just leave you one day for her." Dahlia states earning an eye roll from Bellamy who stands up to get off the bed.

"Just get up." He tells her and she sighs before looking at the floor and pointing to something. Bellamy follows her eyes, obviously confused as to what she was getting at.

"Fine, pass me my clothes." Dahlia demands and Bellamy looks at her curiously as to why she even took off her clothes in the first place.

"Why'd you take off your clothes?" He questions and she simply shrugs while taking the sheets off of her. Bellamy coughs slightly at the sight of the naked girl but she didn't seem to even register it in her brain.

"I sleep better that way." She replies and all he does is look at her for a second before passing Dahlia her clothes so she can get dressed. He hadn't realized she meant all of her clothes, a flustered expression on his face. Once she's fully dressed, they walk out of the tent, Dahlia stumbling mostly all of the way as they make their way over to Clarke. Dahlia all of a sudden scowls when she sees the familiar brunette with Clarke.

"I didn't know the asshole was gonna be here." Dahlia says as she holds onto Bellamy's arm to keep her balance while glancing at Finn who tilts his head a little. He knew she had to come but why she was with Bellamy, he had no clue. But they seemed to be glued to the hip recently and also locking lips which makes Finn glare at Bellamy, reliving the memory.

"Please just tolerate each other for now?" Clarke pleads as he looks between the two. Finn just nods slightly while Dahlia rolls her eyes and shrugs. She's leans into Bellamy who tenses slightly under Finn's gaze but is slightly glad that she didn't just ditch him when Finn and her got into the argument. "Finn, I need you to carry Dahlia since she's obviously to intoxicated to walk herself." Clarke states causing Finn to snap his head towards Dahlia curiously as he furrows his eyebrows.

"Wait, she's drunk?" He asks, since he wasn't expecting her to be especially since they were going to meet the grounders.

"Yeah, you gave me the first cup, idiot." Dahlia tells him, rolling her eyes once again before looking at Clarke and giving her a quick wink which only she sees. Her eyes widen as she blushes slightly before quickly covering it up.

"I didn't know you would go and get flat out drunk." Finn hisses back and Dahlia only squints her eyes and turns to Bellamy to give him a kiss on the cheek which he slightly scrunches his face at since she did throw up once or twice while Clarke and Bellamy were talking.

"Well, I can walk." She snaps back before walking off, stumbling over a branch as she does but catching herself and walking again.

"The good thing is she might have most of it out of her system by the time we get there. She'll just have a major headache." Clarke tells the two boys before walking off after Dahlia, Finn in tow as they walk towards the meeting with the grounders, but none of them knew that it was gonna turn out very bad and not what they thought it would be like.

❁❁ ❁❁ ❁❁ ❁❁ ❁❁

IT WAS NOW DAYLIGHT AS FINN, Clarke and Dahlia make their way over to Octavia who was waiting patiently. Dahlia rubs her face, groaning slightly as the hangover started to take its effect. Octavia glances at Dahlia for a slight second with one of her eyebrows raised but concentrates on the whole group once remembering what they were there for. Clarke glances at Finn, obviously understanding now how he even got this meeting in the first place. "So that's how you set this up." Clarke states as she stares at Octavia who just gives her a stern expression. Dahlia rolls her eyes slightly at Clarke. Who cares if Octavia helped a grounder. He was actually nice to her. "You helped him escape, didn't you?" She asks Octavia who takes a step forward towards the blonde.

"I trust him, Clarke." Octavia tells her and Clarke only scoffs a little bit while maintaining eye contact with the Blake.

"There's a lot of that going around." Clarke says with a hint of venom in her voice. Dahlia glances at Clarke, confused as to what was happening.

"Someone's coming." Finn tells them as they all turn to see someone emerging from the tree line. Dahlia instantly recognizes it to be Lincoln, relief filling her body. He rushes over as Octavia runs into his arms and he lifts her up into a hug. Dahlia raises her eyebrows but smiles nonetheless.

"Oh, my god. Horses." Clarke gasps in shock as grounders emerge from the tree line on what seems to be horses as Clarke said. Dahlia notices there's two but then a third rides out. A girl. Was that the commander?

"You're excited about a couple of horses? They could literally kill us, Clarke." Dahlia mutters as she keeps her eyes on the grounder, knowing this was not going to end well.

"You're in a mood today." Clarke grumbles before they walk a little closer to the grounders at the other side of the bridge.

"Hey, we said no weapons." Finn tells Lincoln who looks as confused as he does. Of course they wouldn't listen, they don't trust the ark people.

"I was told there wouldn't be." He tells the group before Clarke looks to Finn with a sigh. She knew there was nothing they could do, she was just glad that she had asked Bellamy to follow them.

"It's too late now." She tells him before Finn takes a step forward only to be stopped by Lincoln who grabs his arm.

"They go alone." Lincoln states and Dahlia's eyebrows furrow as she thought only Clarke was talking to the grounders.

"Excuse me, they?" Dahlia questions and Lincoln turns to her curiously as he thought the group would of told her about what the grounders had asked for.

"You and Clarke." He states and her eyes instantly widen as she looks to Clarke who has a guilty look on her face.

"Me? Wait what. No way." Dahlia denies as she begins backing away from the group, not wanting to be anywhere near the grounders.

"Dahlia." Clarke starts but Dahlia quickly shakes her head, holding up her hand to stop the blonde.

"No, Bellamy said that you just wanted me to be here not that I had to put my life in danger." Dahlia tells her before turning around and starting to walk in the opposite direction.

"Stop." A voice yells and she immediately holts in her spot as she is scared the grounders will make a move to kill her if she takes one more step.

"We'll be fine." Clarke whispers to Finn as she brings Dahlia back to the group. Dahlia has tears in her eyes but she pushes them back, not wanting the grounders to know she felt fear.

"Clarke—" Finn starts but she just smiles at him while grabbing his hands.

"Hey, it's time to do better." She tells him and he hesitantly nods. Clarke grabs Dahlia's hand in her own before they both start making their way across the bridge. The girl in the middle of the two other grounders gets off her horse and starts walking towards them. Dahlia gulps as they finally stand in front of the grounder who stares at them. Her eyes shift to Clarke, no emotion on her face.

"Your name is Clarke?" She's asks in a stern voice and Clarke shows no fear as she answers the grounder.

"Yes." Clarke replies simply.

"I'm Anya." The grounder replies and Dahlia was about to say pretty name when she remembered who she was talking to. "Lincoln was Right. You look exactly like her." Anya says as she looks straight at the strawberry blonde.

"Why did you want to meet me too?" Dahlia asks the girl who opens her mouth ready to answer when Clarke sticks out her hand. Anya simply looks at it making Clarke pull away with a sigh.

"I think we got off to a rough start, but we want to find a way to live together in peace." Clarke tells Anya who slightly smirks, raising her head to look at the blonde who has hope in her eyes.

"I understand. You started a war that you don't know how to end." Anya tells her causing Dahlia and Clarke to furrow their eyebrows as they have no clue what the grounder was talking about. They never started any war.

"No, we didn't start anything. You attacked us for no reason." Clarke tells her and Dahlia slightly glares at Anya, her confidence striking through the weakness.

"Yeah, you put a spear through one of my friends and almost killed me too." Dahlia states and Anya immediately snaps her head towards the girl with rage in her eyes.

"Who attacked you?" She demands an answer as Dahlia knows she wasn't asking about Jasper but only because she was attacked as well. Was she really that important to the grounders just because she looked like one of them?

"Big guy, scary mask. Basically it could be anyone of you trolls." Dahlia insults and Clarke instantly elbows her, giving the girl wide eyes and a stern look before they both look back to Anya. The grounder seems to ignore it, taking no offence as she answers Clarke.

"No reason? The missiles you launched burned a village to the ground." Anya tells them with anger in her tone and Dahlia sighs as she knows exactly what Anya means. Dahlia feels quite sad that they actually burnt someone's home to the ground, maybe killing a few people in the process.

"The flares? No, that was a signal meant for our families. We had no idea—" Clarke starts only to be cut off by Anya. Dahlia knew there was no chance of a truce now, not when they knew that they had actually started the war themselves.

"You're invaders. Your ship landed in our territory." Anya tells the two girls as Dahlia looks at the ground slightly, not liking where this was going at all.

"We didn't know anyone was here. We thought the ground was uninhabited." Clarke tries to explain to Anya but she was having none of it. The grounder was ready to put a spear right into the girls head.

"You knew we were here when you sent an armed raiding party to capture one of us and torture him." Anya explains as Clarke and Dahlia share a look. She was talking about Lincoln, which made sense that he told them since they were still his people. "These are all acts of war." She states with a hiss making them both sigh as Dahlia finally decides to speak up to the grounder.

"I see your point. That's why we need to put an end to all of this." Dahlia says in a gentle tone and Anya only scans her before squinting slightly.

"Lincoln said there are more of you coming down, warriors." Anya states as she looks at Clarke who smiles slightly with a nod.

"The guard, yes. But also farmers, doctors, engineers. We can help each other. But not if we're at war." She assures Anya who seems to think about it for a second before answering.

"Can you promise that these new arrivals won't attack us, that they'll respect the terms you, Dahlia and I agree on?" Anya asks as she glances at Dahlia, almost like she is ready to do something but Dahlia can't exactly figure out what it is.

"I promise I will do everything that I can to convince them to honour the terms that we set." Clarke states causing Anya to scoff and look away before meeting Clarke's eyes.

"Why would I agree to an alliance that your people can break the moment they get here?" She asks, an eyebrow raised slightly as she stares at Clarke who does understand some of what Anya is saying but they needed this truce. It was the only way they would survive.

"If you fire the first shot, those people coming down won't bother negotiating." Clarke tells Anya and Dahlia mentally face palms at Clarke for saying it. "Our technology— they will wipe you out." She finishes and Anya only raises her head up high again.

"They wouldn't be the first to try." Anya states with a smirk only leaving Dahlia and Clarke utterly confused. Who else was on this earth? All of a sudden yells can be heard as gun shots reign throughout the forest. Dahlia ducks as she doesn't know what is happening. Anya goes at Clarke with a knife only to be shot by Bellamy who is at the other end of the bridge. Finn and everyone starts yelling for Clarke so Anya takes the opportunity to grab Dahlia and drag her to her horse. Dahlia falls to the ground due to the large tug. "Get up!" Anya snaps as she practically pulls the girl to her feet. Dahlia seems to be on the horse as she sees Bellamy running towards her while shooting his gun. Dahlia notices the knife in Anya's hand and gets an idea. She swipes the knife out and slices Anya in the back before the horse starts moving causing Dahlia to fall and hit the ground with a large thud. A loud ringing sound in Dahlia's ears make her squint as she tries to make out the blurry figures around her. She covers her ears as she can feel a wet liquid trickling down her face. Coming back to reality, Dahlia groans before slowly standing up. She takes a minute, standing there and closing her eyes before opening them once more to see the chaos around her. She starts running towards the group as they start running into the woods. Bellamy waits behind, taking her into his arms as she meets up with him.

"You okay?" He asks concerned and she just nods quickly before they take off after the others, running towards their camp and away from their failed attempt at peace with the grounders.

❁❁ ❁❁ ❁❁ ❁❁ ❁❁

THE GROUP MAKES IT BACK TO THEIR CAMP, breathing heavily as they all stop before the camp walls. Finn glares at Bellamy who rolls his eyes and turns to the long-haired brunette. "You got something to say." He asks as he takes a step forward. He wasn't afraid to stand up to the guy, there wasn't much the man could do to him.

"Yeah. I told you no guns!" Finn shouts at the group. Dahlia holds her head, wincing a little. She pulls back her hand to see blood and she immediately gulps. No one seems to be paying attention though since they're too busy arguing.

"I told you we couldn't trust the grounders. I was right." Clarke tells him sternly before Raven turns to Finn with a look of betrayal on her face.

"Why didn't you tell me what you were up to?" She asks him and Finn scoffs as she looks at his not even really girlfriend anymore.

"I tried but you were too busy making bullets for your gun." Finn snaps at her and she backs up a little, hurt evident on her face before Bellamy scoffs.

"You're lucky she brought that! They came there to kill you, Finn." Bellamy points out and Finn shakes his head, not believing it because he actually thought they could have peace with the grounders.

"You don't know that, Jasper fired the first shot." Finn states, pointing at Jasper who's eyes widen as everyone looks at him. Octavia shakes her head in disgust.

"You ruined everything." She blames him before taking off towards the camp gate. Dahlia couldn't believe they would blame Jasper for most likely saving their lives.

"I saved you!" Jasper yells at her before scoffing and shaking his head, not understanding how he used to have a crush on her. "You're welcome." He mutters before walking off as well, leaving Finn, Bellamy, Clarke, Raven and Dahlia.

"Well if we weren't at war already, we sure as hell are now." Finn tells the group before looking at Clarke with sadness in his eyes. "You didn't have to trust the grounders, you just had to trust me." Finn states as Clarke looks at him before glancing at the ground. He walks off, Raven trailing behind as Bellamy sighs and looks down at Clarke.

"Like I said, best unity day ever." Bellamy mutters before glancing at Dahlia who winces as she touches her head. He goes to look at it when something in the sky catches his eye. "The exodus ship? Your mom's early." He states and Clarke looks up to the sky smiling. Dahlia looks up as well, as much as it hurt her.

"Wait, too fast, no parachute?" Clarke says questionably, noticing that it wasn't coming down the way it was supposed to. "Something's wrong." Clarke tells them before the exodus ship lands on the ground, a big explosion erupting and Clarke starts tearing up as she drops to her knees, knowing her mother was as good as dead. Dahlia looks down at Clarke when black dots appear. She stumbles a little as Bellamy catches her. He looks at her, worried before she collapses in his arms, her vision going black.

❁❁ ❁❁ ❁❁ ❁❁ ❁❁

AUTHORS NOTE: Omg I updated. These chapters are long so that's why they take so long but also I wanted to finish my venomous book so that's also a reason too. I love drunk Dahlia tbh. Comment what you're thoughts or suggestions are because I love to see them. Fave/follow only if you want and I'll try to have the next update up soon (probably next month if I'm being logical)

Edited: may 26, 2020

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

44.3K 948 50
𝐅𝐈𝐑𝐄 𝐎𝐍 𝐅𝐈𝐑𝐄 - ❝𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙙𝙤𝙣'𝙩 𝙘𝙖𝙧𝙚 𝙞𝙛 𝙩𝙝𝙚𝙮 𝙠𝙞𝙡𝙡 𝙢𝙚❞ ❝𝙤𝙛 𝙘𝙤𝙪𝙧𝙨𝙚, 𝙞 𝙘𝙖𝙧𝙚❞ ✫✫✫ bellamy blake x fem!oc the 10...
62.2K 1.9K 68
{BOOK 2} [ 𝐈𝐭 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐧𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐬𝐮𝐩𝐩𝐨𝐬𝐞 𝐭𝐨 𝐛𝐞 𝟑 𝐦𝐨𝐧𝐭𝐡𝐬 𝐭𝐫𝐚𝐩𝐩𝐞𝐝 𝐢𝐧 𝐚 𝐁𝐮𝐧𝐤𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐨𝐠𝐞𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫. 𝐁𝐮𝐭 𝐢𝐭 𝐡𝐚𝐝 �...
1.3K 66 17
❝𝐥𝐨𝐬𝐭: 𝐚𝐝𝐣𝐞𝐜𝐭𝐢𝐯𝐞. 𝐮𝐧𝐚𝐛𝐥𝐞 𝐭𝐨 𝐟𝐢𝐧𝐝 𝐨𝐧𝐞'𝐬 𝐰𝐚𝐲; 𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐤𝐧𝐨𝐰𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐨𝐧𝐞'𝐬 𝐰𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐛𝐨𝐮𝐭𝐬, 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭...
590K 23.6K 63
and where else but the field of thorns did she rise so beautiful? book one ✓ the hundred: s2 - s4 bellamy blake x fem!oc 2019 | ©foreignsouls