Roweena

By phaedrapick

What happens when a witch who hasn't come into her full powers yet, a powerful coven leading vampire, and a p... More

Chapter 1-Roe
Chapter 2-Shane and Adrian
Chapter 3-Evasive Maneuvering
Chapter 4-Meet Joe
Chapter 5-Roach Spot
Chapter 6-Paranormal Bureau of Investigation
Chapter 7-Military Involvement
Chapter 8-Kidnapped
Chapter 9-Crazy Man
Chapter 10-Caged
Chapter 11-First Aid
Chapter 12-Bullets
Chapter 13-Removal
Chapter 14-Waking Up
Chapter 16-After Effects
Chapter 17-Ward
Chapter 18-Explanation
Chapter 19-Decisions
Chapter 20-Marking
Chapter 21-Savage
Chapter 22-Escape Part 1
Chapter 23-Escape Part 2
Chapter 24-Joe
Chapter 25-Moles
Chapter 26-Joe's Mole
Chapter 27-PBI's Mole
Chapter 28-Betrayed Again
Chapter 29-Making Plans
Chapter 30-Arresting Major Charles
Chapter 31-Roe and Adrian

Chapter 15-Recovery

8 2 0
By phaedrapick

Roe walked into Adrian's room. "Is there anything else you can think of that would help him?"

Adrian looked at her. "Are you procrastinating about feeding him?"

"Yes, I am." She shrugged. "But I really do want to know if you know of anything that you didn't want to say in front of them that might bring him back to himself faster."

"Do you know any healing spells?"

"Yes."

"You might try one on him. Especially if you know one that's specifically for poisoning, it would probably help more."

"Okay, I'll try that." Roe turned to go into Shane's room.

"Be careful." Adrian called after her.

She glanced back over her shoulder at him and smiled. "I'll try." She walked through the bathroom that connected the two men's rooms and into Shane's room near the refrigerator. She opened it and found two stacks of wrapped up steaks. Now which stack of meat is drugged and which one isn't? "Hey, Adrian?" She called out.

"Yeah?"

"Do you think you could smell the meat that's in here and tell which one is drugged and which one's not? Like you did with the blood?"

"Probably. My sense of smell is really acute."

"Okay." Roe replied, taking a steak from each stack, and returning to Adrian's room. She carried the steaks over to Adrian, and held them out for him to take and smell.

After he had smelled the second one, he said the first one was drugged, the second wasn't. "Okay, the one in my right hand is not drugged, and the left one is drugged, correct?"

"Yes."

"They put them in both fridges the same way. Right side is not drugged and left side is."

"Well, at least they match, it should make it easier to remember."

"Yeah, that is a good thing, but just to be sure, I think I'll keep having you smell them first."

"That might be a wise decision. I don't trust them not to mix them up."

"I don't either." Roe agreed wryly then sighed. "I guess I'd better quit fooling around and go feed him."

"It should help."

"Okay."  She said then walked back through the adjoining bathroom into Shane's room.

Shane was still snarling and spitting when she walked back into the room. 

She walked close enough to him to get his attention, and be able to hand him the steak.  "If you'll stop snarling at me for just a minute, I'll give you this steak."  She told him, waving it in front of his face.

Shane seemed to calm down a little bit and Roe handed him the steak.  "I know you can't eat it yet.  I'll go loosen the chains enough for you to be able to.  Do you understand what I'm saying?" Well, that was a stupid question, Roe.  He probably has no clue what's really going on.

Shane slowly nodded, looking directly at Roe.

"Okay, give me just a second." She quickly walked over to the spool of chain and slowly released it until Shane could reach his mouth with the steak. 

As soon as he could reach it, he began to stuff the steak into his mouth.

When he finished it, Roe asked "Do you want another one?"

Shane quickly nodded his head yes.

"Give me just a minute, I have to check and see which one is not drugged, okay?"

Shane growled at her.

"I know that you're impatient. Would you like me to get two checked for you?"

Shane quit growling, and nodded his head.

"Okay. I'll be right back." She quickly grabbed two steaks from the right side of the refrigerator and carried them in to Adrian.

"How is he?"  Adrian asked as soon as he saw her.

"Well, he seems to not think that I'm the devil anymore. He ate what I gave him without hesitation and wanted more." She shrugged then held up the steaks in her hands.  "Would you please check these too?  They're both from the right side of his fridge."

Adrian took the steaks one at a time and smelled them.  He handed her one back and said "That one smells fine, but this one smells off somehow.  It's not the same smell as the other drugged one.  I'm not sure what's wrong with it, but something is."

"Okay. I'll go give him this one and bring a couple more in for you to check.  Hopefully, he'll be himself soon and can smell his own meat." Roe smiled at him.

"That would be nice." Adrian said.  "When you come back in, would you be so kind as to bring me another bottle of blood?"

"Of course I will.  I'll be right back." Roe walked back through the bathroom, not wanting to get too close to Shane in case he tried attacking her again. She walked up to Shane and stopped.

"I'm going to hand you this steak, and go check another one. Don't try to bite me." She held the steak out just far enough for him to reach it. He took it and immediately began to devour it.  She got a couple more steaks from the refrigerator and took them into Adrian's room.  On her way over to him, she also grabbed a couple of bottles of blood. She handed him the steaks to smell while she opened the bottles.

He smelled the steaks and said,  "Both of these smell clean. Which side did they come from?"

"One from each."  She said wryly. "Apparently they don't want y'all over drugged, or under drugged either.  They've got them all mixed up in there."

"Hmm. I wonder why they did that."

"More than likely, they didn't count on me actually talking to you.  If I didn't, I'd just hand you a bottle and go."

"Well, that would make sense on their part. They want us drugged so we can't fight back, but why wouldn't they want us completely out of it?"

"They want something from y'all, and they want me to get it.  That's part of what I have to tell y'all, but I'd rather see if I can get Shane coherent first, since it involves all three of us. "

"Okay, I can understand that.  But if he doesn't come out of it soon, you need to tell me."

Roe nodded. "I will." She traded him the bottles for the steaks.  "Is either of those drugged?"

Adrian smelled the bottles. "No, neither of them is."

"Do you want both of them, or should I put one back?"

"I'll try to drink both of them, since we have no idea what the others are like, or when we may get more that's not drugged."

"Yeah.  There's no telling what they're going to do next. I'm going to go give these to Shane, then try to do the spell on him."

Adrian nodded. "I'll be here."

Roe smiled at him, then turned to go back into Shane's room. He seems to be warming up to me. He's turning out to be a lot less stuck up and stuffy than the other really old vampires I've met were. If I didn't know he was old I never would've guessed, the way he's acting now.

She walked over to Shane again.  "I've got two that are good. Do you want them both now? Or one now and one later?"

HIs only response was to gesture with his hand.

"I'm going to assume that means give it to me."

He nodded his head in agreement.

Roe handed him one of the steaks and watched as he quickly ate it.  When he was done, he gestured for the other one.

"I'll give you this one too, but you have to do something for me."  Roe told him, watching him closely.

He eyed her warily, but didn't say anything.

"After you eat this one, I want you to cooperate while I chain you back close to the wall."  She ignored his growl and continued.  "I want to cast a healing spell on you to help you get the rest of the wolfsbane out of your system, but as of right now, I don't trust you not to bite me.  As soon as I'm done, I'll loosen the chains back to where they are now. Okay?"

Shane glowered at her, then sullenly nodded his agreement to her terms.

Roe handed him the steak then walked over to the wall so that she was ready to retract the chains as soon as he was finished.  He ate the steak much slower than he had the last ones, then didn't fight her as she chained him close to the wall again.  Roe walked back over to him.  "Thank you for not fighting me.  Now, I'm not going to hurt you, but I'm going to run my hands very lightly over your skin while I cast the spell.  Hopefully it will make you feel a lot better."

Shane grunted at her.

Roe paused. "Can you not talk anymore?"

"I can." Shane growled out. "It's hard."

"Are you Shane's wolf?"

"Yes."

"What's your name?"

"Shadow."

"Your name is Shadow?"

"I'm Shane. He calls me Shadow."

"I think I understand. You are Shane, so you don't actually have your own name, but he calls you Shadow. Is that right?"

He nodded.

"It's hard to talk using his body isn't it?"

"Yes."

"You can't shift can you? Because of the wolfsbane?" When he started growling at her, she quickly continued. "That's why I want to do this spell, so we can get it out of your system faster. I need to talk to Shane, so he can help us figure out how to get out of here."

"Close."

"You're close to being able to let him have control?"

Shadow nodded.

"That's good. Even if you can't shift yet, having him out will help us work on a plan for when you can shift."

Shadow grunted again, scowling.

"I know it's frustrating. It's frustrating for me to be locked in here too." She paused then changed the subject. "The sooner we get the wolfsbane out of your system, the sooner you can shift and the sooner we can get out of here. Hopefully the spell will help, but I'd really appreciate it if you didn't bite me while I do it."

He grunted again and Roe just looked at him with one eyebrow raised. Nope, I'm not taking a grunt as a promise that you won't bite me. I'm just going to stand here and wait until you actually answer me.

"I won't bite you."

"You promise?"

He nodded, then when she didn't respond, he said "Yes. Promise."

"You hear that?" Roe called out to Adrian.

"I did."

Shadow growled at the doorway.

"That's Adrian. He was captured with us. Shane knows. He witnessed your promise not to bite me." It's a good thing werewolves and vampires take giving their word so seriously. Especially when there's a witness to it.

Shadow looked slightly distracted, like he was talking to Shane for a moment, then nodded at her.

"Good. I'm going to do the spell now, and we'll see how well it works." I really hope this fixes him, and we get Shane back. Even if Shane's a pain in the butt sometimes, he's much easier to talk to than his wolf, Shadow.

Roe moved close enough to Shane to touch him, then squatted down in front of him. She started muttering the spell as she began running her hands up Shane's legs, almost but not quite touching him. She continued all the way up his body to his head. She stopped at his head, and stayed there for a few minutes with her eyes closed in concentration. She finally dropped her hands down by her sides and sighed.

"Done?" Shadow asked.

"Yeah." Roe said, tiredly.

"Now?"

"We wait a bit, and see how well it worked."

"Release."

"Yes, I'll let you have some more chain." She slowly walked over to the wall and released some of the chain back out, enough that he was more comfortable. Then she walked back into the room with Adrian.

"Are you okay?" Adrian asked her.

"Yes, I'm tired but I'll be fine." She replied, then released more of his chain, enough for him to wander around his room and go into the bathroom. He can actually release himself further if he wants to, but I'm not worrying about that right now. I'm really exhausted. Doing that spell on Shane took more out of me than I thought it would. It may be because of how many spells I've done recently, or that I haven't been doing spells of that caliber often enough.

"Remember you need to tell the guard that you fed Shane." Adrian said as he moved to put the two empty bottles down.

"Thanks for reminding me." Roe said then walked into her room and knocked on the hallway door.

"Yes?" A male voice asked through the door.

"I was told to let you know when I had gotten the werewolf fed, so that you'd know that I survived."

"Everything's okay in there?" The voice asked.

"Yes."

"Okay." He said, opening the door. This guard was one that she hadn't seen before.

Why did he open the door? I didn't think he was supposed to do that. I only thought I was supposed to tell him through the door. I hope he doesn't take too long before he leaves. I need to sit down, and maybe take a nap.

"Here's the change of clothes you requested." He said, handing her a wad of clothing. "Anything else you need right now?"

"Not that I can think of right now. Thanks."

"If you need anything, just slip a note under the door and we'll get it for you."

"Okay, thank you."

He nodded his head to her, then closed the door.

Roe turned around and walked back into Adrian's room.

"Clothes?"

"I wanted some clean clothes...." She started, her voice fading as she spoke.

Adrian walked closer to her and asked "Are you alright?"

"Tired..." Roe managed to get out before she dropped the clothes. She took one more step forward and collapsed. Unbeknownst to her, Adrian caught her as she fell.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

15 1 13
She lost her mother at a young age and lost her aunt who she loved like a mother to a wolf king. When she searched about her aunt, she got married wi...
48.2K 1.3K 31
*This story contains sex, rape and violence! You have been warned!* Lily has been held captive by an alpha called Jack for around 3yrs. She has been...
4.1M 71.7K 40
What happens when a girl finally runs away from her abusive past to be free only to run into her mate? And her mate just happens to be an alpha...of...
190K 9.2K 75
What happens when newly 18 year old Ace finally gets the courage to Leave and move in with a friend and start over? What happened when she tries to...