inmates

由 thatsshitwritingdude

Life's not been too great for Sam. His dad left when he was 9, his family's broke, and he's not exactly the... 更多

chapter one
chapter two
chapter three
chapter four
chapter five
chapter six
chapter seven
chapter eight
chapter nine
chapter ten
chapter eleven
chapter twelve
chapter thirteen
chapter fourteen
chapter sixteen
chapter seventeen
chapter eighteen
chapter nineteen
chapter twenty

chapter fifteen

1.8K 68 7
由 thatsshitwritingdude

Authors note: hey! so I'm most likely going to post weekly again now - depending on how many chapters I can write.

As always, comments and votes are appreciated! Tell me if you see any grammar/spelling mistakes and I'll fix them.

Enjoy :)

----------

His dad sat at a desk in the small room, still rummaging through some of the draws and cursing under his breath.
"Whatdya want" he spat, not even looking up.

Sam was still at a loss for words and didn't say anything, his mouth hanging open slightly. Why was his luck so shitty? Muscles stepped forward, tugging Sam along who winced slightly at the pain in his wrist.
Ponytail spoke up.

"Got something here that could get us some cash" she crossed her arms and motioned her head towards Sam. There was a long sigh which came from his dad, before he looked up.

He couldn't help showing his shock when he saw Sam, eyes widening before he tried to control himself. He frowned, leaning back in his seat to appear less bothered by the situation.

"Please explain to me what my son is doing here looking like a lost puppy" he raised an eyebrow and sighed.
Hoodie beat the other two to it, questioning Sam's dad straight away.

"Son?!" He looked between the two, seeing the slight resemblance and letting out a half laugh of disbelief.
Ponytail whistled lowly, "did not see that coming".

"Wait..." muscles frowned, clearly thinking "I thought your kid was like, nine or something"
Ponytail groaned loudly and smacked him round the back of the head. Sam faced the two of them and watched.

"You fucking idiot, oh my God"
His dad rolled his eyes and stood up, hands on his hips. He stepped forward.
"Why did you bring him here, then, may I ask?" He seemed completely fed up with the trio by this point.

"Cause he's wanted" hoodie scoffed "gotta be worth some money if we turn him in". Sam stepped back slightly and bit his lip - he really was screwed now. If his dad really didn't care about him, then he'd for sure turn him in for some easy cash, and to keep him out his way. He gulped.

His dad looked at him, and Sam swore he could see some sort of...Worry? Sympathy? flash in his eyes before he spoke up.
"The three of you get out, I want to talk to my son alone"

The trio all nodded and left, Sam internally crying in relief that muscles finally released the grip on his wrist. He brought said wrist up and rubbed it a bit, wincing at its tenderness.

On the other side of the small room there was an arm chair, and his dad motioned him to sit down. Which he did, albeit awkwardly. His dad collapsed back into his own desk chair, wheeling it over to him. He sighed before talking.

"I'm not gonna turn you in, Sam"
Sam felt as if a weight had been lifted from him and he relaxed more into the chair in relief. He leaned forward again.
"Thanks" he replied, not sure what else to say. He was still slightly tense. What was he suppose to say to the guy who left him twelve years ago and attempted to pretend he didn't exist?

So he opted to stay quiet.
"So...where's your mate, then?" His dad asked, referring to Noah. Sam raised an eyebrow at him and scoffed, wondering why he was now suddenly interested in his life.
"What do you care?"
His dad looked at him in shock. Sam never snapped at him when he was younger, or raised his voice. All in all he used to be a perfect fucking son, but that just wasn't enough, was it? He opted to carry on.

"No, seriously. You ditch me for my entire teenage years, then I find you again and you act as if I don't exist and push me away. Really, dad, please explain to me why the fuck you care" he crossed his arms and was fuming. His dad frowned and ran both hands through his greying hair.

"I..Sam, I know I fucked up, okay?-"
"Understatement of the bloody century" Sam snapped, his dad ignored him and carried on.
"You deserve an explanation, I know that" his dad sighed, looking down and picking at his finger nails, which surprised Sam. His dad had never been one to shy away from confrontation, usually the one opting to start a fight. So what he was about to say must be pretty genuine.

"I was... worried, alright?" He looked up at Sam, meeting his identical green eyes "me and your mum were going through a rough patch, so.. I was out a lot, at night. Some guys approached me and offered me a 'job'. I had no fucking idea what they meant but agreed anyway, because you know that we were running low on cash".
Sam was silent as he watched his dad with a blank face. He wasn't going to show any empathy for this man.

"Long story short, I started to deal drugs and shit, anything illegal - it paid the bills. But, I sort of pissed off the wrong guy when I asked for a higher pay. I was getting greedy, I know. Basically, we started to threaten each other" he averted his eyes and looked at the dark wall behind Sam "I was bloody stupid and didn't know what I was getting myself into. But he said he'd.. come for me and my family" he looked back to Sam.

Sam didn't know how to feel. How could he even trust that he was telling the truth? Although, he did look pretty shaken by it, after all these years. Again, he stayed quiet and let his dad finish.

"So.. I left. He was chasing me, not you guys. He'd only hurt you if I was there, so I knew I had to go, I couldn't risk putting you all in danger".
Sam finally found his voice to question his story.

"So why didn't you just tell us?! Mum was a wreck when you left, and for all these years I thought it was my fault"
His dad took a deep breath in and out.

"Because I'd rather you hated me than carry on looking for me and get yourself hurt or fucking killed, Sam" he huffed, crossed his arms to match Sam's own crossed ones.
Sam glared at him.
"Well you succeeded in that"

His dad seemed hurt by that, and looked down. Sam scoffed, the nerve.
"I'm not looking for you to forgive me, but I'm sorry, Sam" he again faced Sam, and Sam could tell he was being genuine.

He sighed.
"You're right, I can't forgive you" he sighed and his dad looked down "but- I'll.. try and put it behind me" he trailed off and he swear to god his dad actually smiled for a split second before it dropped from his face.

"I appreciate that, son"
That was when Sam did something he never knew he'd be able to (or want to) do again. He got up, yanked his dad up by his wrist and hugged him. His dad was tense, not expecting it, but relaxed and wrapped his arms around Sam's shoulders.

They stayed like that for a while, before Sam pulled back again.
"I missed you" he cracked a small smile, his dad returning it and replying
"Trust me, I've missed you and your mum since the day I left"

They hugged again before Sam knew he should leave and face Noah.

------

Earlier that night, Noah's POV.

"I'll go get some drinks!" Sam shouted in his ear over the loud music. Noah nodded and swayed. Maybe he had had a little too much to drink.
He blinked and Sam was gone. Wait, Sam was getting drinks. His brain was being..slow.

He shook his head, choosing to follow after Sam instead of just waiting. He'd have one more drink then he figured it was time to head off.
Thanks to his height, he could mainly see over the crowd and spotted Sam, calling out to him (although there was no point in doing so, seeing as the music was so loud). He started to make his way over.

When he looked up again Sam was gone and he cursed under his breath. That was when he felt a tapping on his shoulder and turned around to see a rather tall woman with red lipstick. She grinned at him and before he knew it had pulled him down by his shirt and connected their lips.

The action lasted less than a couple seconds, Noah pushing away immediately.
"What the fuck?!" He shouted - out of anger and to be heard. The woman rolled her eyes.
"What? You're alone, I'm alone - let's have some fun!" She replied, her high pitched voice raised.
Noah shook his head and turned away from her, frowning. He had to find Sam.

He looked around, pushing past people and not even caring about the dirty looks and 'hey, watch it!'s he got. He looked towards the door and spotted a familiar head of wavy dark blond hair. Why was he leaving?

Then Noah cursed out loud. He'd probably seen that dumb bitch snogging him. Fuck. He pushed his was towards the exist and ran out, only to find no sign of Sam.
It wasn't even his fault, some random chick just grabbed at him!

"Sam?!" He shouted... nothing. Groaning loudly, he ran a hand down his face. Shit.
He decided to check the hotel room, only to find that Sam wasn't there. Panic setting in, he left again and searched the area for him, cursing the fact that they didn't have phones (they should get some).

He searched for the rest of the night, his worry growing by the second.

------

Morning.

The sunrise filtered in through the smudged window in the hotel room as Sam sat on the bed, staring outside blankly. Thoughts were cramming his brain but one thing was for certain - he was going to go home.

As much as he'd enjoyed the thrilling last couple months the two of them had been living, it was really putting him on edge and stressing him out. Paired with Noah kissing that random bird and finding his dad, he needed a break. Speaking of Noah, god knows where he was because he hadn't come back to their hotel room all night. Another concern to add to Sam's checklist.

He got up and started to pace again. Maybe he should just turn himself in. They could only run from the law for so long, and if Noah was so bull-headed about staying out of prison, then Sam could just leave now, alone.

He paused his pacing and looked towards his bag. He could. Noah wasn't back yet to stop him, so he could just fucking grab his shit and leave. And Noah could just live out his bloody outlaw dream with that woman. He scoffed at the thought.

What was stopping him?

He marched over to his bag and slung it on the bed, stuffing the clothes he had taken out earlier into it. He could just go home. He didn't even have to turn himself in - he could just stay in his own house, with his own family.

No. He shook his head again. He was being irrational. Or was he. Noah loved him, and maybe he did have an explanation for the night before. Maybe the girl had came onto him instead of vice versa. But he was too pissed off at the moment to fully consider that fact. In all honesty, he was pretty lucky that Noah wasn't there right then, because otherwise he would've lost his shit with him before he could get out an explanation.

That was when he heard the sound of a door unlocking and a loud sigh of relief from Noah.
"Sam, thank god".

繼續閱讀

You'll Also Like

1.1K 20 8
18+ ONLY | WARNINGS: smut, alcohol, drugs, explicit language, panic attacks / anxiety, murder, crime, suicide Noah Sebastian x Fem!Reader I was lost...
70K 2.4K 28
Branson Williams, it's his last year in school, and he finds out who his mate is this year. He is openly gay, so he's not surprised when his mate tur...
566K 24.1K 51
It's going to be hard to get to happily ever after. Someone is watching us. They're three steps ahead of us, at every turn. I want to have faith in...
7.1K 541 44
If he had known danger, death and vampires would follow, he would have asked for disownment. *** Jesse Parker was never particularly close to his fa...