THE UNLOVED HUSBAND

Bởi Lovesotrue

Isaac hurriedly ran towards me and scooped me up in a very tight hug, his head buried on my neck. "I don't c... Xem Thêm

CHAPTER ONE: FALLING FOR THE BOSS IS BAD NEWS
CHAPTER TWO: HIS POSSESSIVE SIDE
CHAPTER THREE: HIS QUICK QUESTION
CHAPTER FOUR: HE OVERSTEPPED
CHAPTER FIVE: HIS NOTES
CHAPTER SIX: TWO EMOTIONS
CHAPTER SEVEN: I MISS YOU
CHAPTER EIGHT: TRUE LOVE'S KISS
CHAPTER TEN: WEEKEND PLANS
CHAPTER ELEVEN: NO WONDER
CHAPTER TWELVE: YOU TOO
CHAPTER THIRTEEN: FOUND
CHAPTER FOURTEEN: THE DIFFERENCE
CHAPTER FIFTEEN: PROMISE ME
CHAPTER SIXTEEN: THE HANDSOME EIGHT
CHAPTER SEVENTEEN: IF I COULD HIDE HER AWAY
CHAPTER EIGHTEEN: THE WHISPER
CHAPTER NINETEEN: SCARED OF MAKING WRONG DECISIONS
CHAPTER TWENTY: SHE SAID YES
CHAPTER TWENTY - ONE: LET THE FLOWERS FALL
CHAPTER TWENTY - TWO: JUST LIKE HOW
CHAPTER TWENTY - THREE: STURDY HEART
CHAPTER TWENTY - FOUR: SOMETHING HAS CHANGED
CHAPTER TWENTY - FIVE: FOURTEEN RULES AND ONE RING
CHAPTER TWENTY - SIX: THEIR FIRST NIGHT
CHAPTER TWENTY - SEVEN: OUR FIRST RULE JUST GOT BROKEN
CHAPTER TWENTY - EIGHT: CHAOS OF SEVEN HEARTS
CHAPTER TWENTY - NINE: UNDER THE STARS
CHAPTER THIRTY: IT'S STARTING TO CROWD
CHAPTER THIRTY - ONE: WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
CHAPTER THIRTY - TWO: FOUR QUESTIONS TO ANSWER
CHAPTER THIRTY - THREE: IT ISN'T MY STORY; BEFORE AND AFTER THE STORM
CHAPTER THIRTY - FOUR: BEFORE, DURING AND AFTER THE WEDDING
CHAPTER THIRTY - FIVE: WHILE SHE WAS AWAY; SINGULARITY
CHAPTER THIRTY - SIX: A STEP BACKWARD
CHAPTER THIRTY - SEVEN: EVERY WEDNESDAY
CHAPTER THIRTY - EIGHT: A GLIMMER
CHAPTER THIRTY - NINE: THE VERY QUESTION
CHAPTER FORTY: NO MORE
CHAPTER FORTY - ONE: 4 AM
CHAPTER FORTY - TWO: IS IT BECAUSE?
CHAPTER FORTY - THREE: STAY AWAY
CHAPTER FORTY - FOUR: A YEAR AND A HALF
CHAPTER FORTY - FIVE: NEEDED SAVING
CHAPTER FORTY - SIX: ROOFTOP MEMORIES
CHAPTER FORTY - SEVEN: THROWN GUIDANCE
CHAPTER FORTY - EIGHT: PERFECT STATE
EPILOGUE: BEGIN

CHAPTER NINE: STILL ON

847 66 24
Bởi Lovesotrue

Bismillah.

Chapter Nine: Still On

Fatima's POV

I was clutching my chest because it's hurting physically. I kept on banging it with my right fist as I hurriedly walked towards the elevator. My mind is all – confused. The moment I heard RM recited that embarrassing poem I had in college, I felt stiffed and like the world has lied straight to my face.

How could he have known it was I who wrote it? How come he memorized it? And why on earth did he say he's giving me a virtual kiss? He's insane and I cannot take nor fully grasp his joke. It's too much.

"Fatima," RM called out as I entered the elevator.

RM has a speed that can race with the wind because he was able to get inside the elevator. Luckily, there were three people behind us.

"Look, I'm sorry," he started talking.

I shook my head and looked down at my red doll shoes as if wanting to notice the lines and details of my shoes. I refused to hear his explanation and I don't think I could handle it.

"I like you. I've always liked you Fatima," he said firmly.

The two ladies behind us whom I believe are good friends, started whispering to each other while the man beside them just pretended to be busy with his phone.

I closed my eyes before looking at RM. I fully regret doing so because his eyes held so much emotions, like he's about to break down any second now.

"RM, you shouldn't like me. We're just good friends. I'm sorry," I apologized with all my heart.

Upon saying that, the ladies hushed down while the man behind RM gave me a look.

"Ooooh, you just got friend zoned dude!" the man teased.

"That's so cruel young lady. Couldn't you have at least waited for the three of us to get off the elevator," he continued saying before he pressed the open button of the elevator. We were still on the sixth floor.

"This isn't my floor but I think we need to get out here ladies," he politely said.

The ladies followed after him but before the elevator closed again. The man looked at me and smiled.

"I'm J-Hope by the way, a psychologist by profession. And if in any way, you need a consultation of the stupid decision you just did few seconds ago, google me," he said then winked at me.

What the! Couldn't this day get worse? I felt like I've been slapped. Tears were tempting to fall on my face.

RM placed his hands on his pockets, a habit he makes everytime he is about to comfort me.

"I don't want things to ever change between us RM. You just put our friendship at risk. How could you?" I said, blaming him.

A tear fell from his eye and he instantly wiped it with his right hand.

"That's why I'm sorry. Could we pretend I didn't just act stupidly in the car and in this elevator?" he pleaded.

I laughed. What is it about cars and elevators and me? So much drama Fatima!

I nod and gave him a smile.

"Yes. I agree," I told him.

He smiled but it seemed forced. We were on the 13th floor.

"Do you want me to help you pack?" he offered.

My throat was dry and my chest still hurt. I touch my chest.

"Is it hurting again? You ought to have that medical check – up," he said.

"I already did. And the doctors say it's just stress," I told him.

RM looked at me and then heard him swore before he closed the distance between us and had me wrapped in his arms, my head on his hard chest.

"I hate virtual hugs. I love this, wanted this, dreamt of this, prayed for this," he said," with his voice sounding pissed off.

I should push him away. I should but he felt so warm and so good. My chest still hurts a lot and I can hardly speak from the pain of it. So I closed my eyes and enjoyed every bit of his nearness.

Then everything went black as I felt myself lose my consciousness.

****************************************************************************************************

A week has passed since the Kalesa trip. Having now known that I have a weak heart and viral infection tendencies, the doctors had so many annoying instructions. I cannot be in dirty places, I cannot eat dirty foods, and I cannot be stressful. We do have a family history of heart attack as my paternal grandparents and uncles died early because of sudden high blood and heart attack.

The perks of my boss and RM knowing those facts meant they have not bothered me with the abrupt confessions they did on the trip. Alhamdulillah.

Right now, I just want normalcy. I am a good and hardworking secretary and I enjoy earning lots and lots of money to pay off my parent's debt. In shaa Allah.

I finished printing the memo and made my way to Isaac's office. He looked up when I entered his office. I placed the memo on his table and he signed it. I got the paper back and left his office. We've been like that for the last five days. He would only talk to me when he gave instructions, only when he needed to talk to me. If not, he'll just stay quiet. I don't mind the silence. In fact, I love it. It does not drive me nuts, contrary to what I expected. Him being distant and quiet is enough.

I faxed the memo to Mr. Jungkook Martinez, owner of Islamic Audio Projects Company and messaged him in his google account.

"Assalamu alaykum. Good day Mr. Martinez! The memo about the joint – contribution for the Rebuild Marawi City Project for the Islamic Group of Companies Association of the Philippines (IGCAP) has already been faxed to you. Please reply to confirm of your availability for the said meeting time and venue. Thank you."

I did the same thing for Mr. Taehyung Manuel, owner of Kim Resort, Mr. Jin Smith, President of Halal Restaurants Inc., Mr. Park Jimin, President of the University of the Philippines, Mr. Suga Yoongi, President of Muslim Reverts Association, and lastly to my surprise, Dr. J-Hope Viscar, President of Muslim Doctors for the Ummah Association.

I wasn't surprise at all when J-Hope was the first to reply.

"I confirm. I am available at the time and venue. See you Ms. Harsh."

I still politely replied thank you. The other Presidents replied and I dutifully dial my boss to tell him of the good news.

"Sir, the six will be available on Saturday, they have all confirmed. I will now call the restaurant to make reservations," I told him.

He sighed before answering.

"There is one more person," he said.

"Who?" I asked.

He already gave me the list of names. There are seven company members of IGCAP.

"The newly appointed President of Islamic Foundation Television, Mr. Raphael Monstefar," Isaac said.

I stayed silent for a few seconds before speaking.

"Alright Sir. May I have his google account?"

"No need, he's on his way to our office," Isaac said, sounding stressed and pissed off.

"Okay Sir. Shall I let him in to your office?"

"Yes. That would be all, for now."

Then he hanged up on me. Rapmon is on his way up here? How come he didn't tell me? Well, he's always been like that, surprising me by being appearing so suddenly.

I found myself smiling and excited again. I will see him in a few seconds. Although, we've been exchanging text messages, it still feels refreshing and wonderful when we see each other personally.

In a matter of minutes, Rapmon appeared and the flirting began again.

****************************************************************************************************

Isaac's POV

I have serious problem. I hate her. Ya Allah, I don't know why I am feeling this way. Just a week ago, I was head over heels into her. Now, I hate the sight of her interacting with any man. I am truly disappointed of the real her. I guess maybe I was just infatuated by her works and her demeanor but her character is strange.

Yes, she is smart and godly, conscious of Allah, a loving daughter to his parents and a good friend but since I saw how she is with Rapmon, I think I've been turned off.

How can I want a woman like that as my wife? I wasn't jealous anymore. I was disgusted. Now, as I watched her happily interacting with Rapmon, I wish to just fire her. Maybe I should.

I cannot believe that I actually paid Alesier a large amount of money to stop filing the case and fired him for her. I was totally not thinking.

The confessions I did at the Kalesa trip is such a joke and ridiculous in every way. I can still remember when I saw Rapmon, carrying her bridal style into her hotel room from the elevator. There were two elevators at the hotel. So when I didn't reach them, I took the other one. I was even surprised that I arrived first.

At first, panic has taken over me and I asked him what happened. We called the doctor right away and had her scanned. I needed to know of her health condition. Upon knowing that she has a weak heart and cannot stay in unhygienic places, I knew that Rapmon would take good care of her. I wasn't interested anymore. She wasn't the woman I miss. She isn't the one for me.

The two entered and Fatima left right away. Rapmon sat on the chair across me. We shook hands and greeted each other.

We talked about business and plans, not just on the Rebuild Marawi Project but on the TV Network's movie projects.

"I believe Mr. Hairal chose well for his predecessor," I complimented him.

"I try to live up with people's expectations," he said modestly.

"See you on Saturday. Assalamu alaykum," I told him.

We shook hands again and then he left. I saw Fatima rose up and she even escorted him out of the office and I guess from the building too since she isn't in my sight anymore.

I busied myself with the book review written by the company's reviewers to finalize the new books we would be publishing.

"Assalamu alaykum President Khalid," my brother's voice said.

I looked towards the door and there he was. I ignored him. He has been bombarding me with questions and the gentleman in me will not badmouth my current secretary, whom I used to be infatuated with.

"I think I saw your secretary with Mr. Monstefar and you don't seem to mind at all," he said and sat on the sofa in my office.

"I don't mind at all. She can do whatever it is she want," I said as I wrote words on the reviews myself.

"Why won't you tell me what happened in Kalesa? Wait, those two seemed close. Are they related?"

"No. They're college friends and close," I answered with a shrug.

"Oh-oh. I sense jealousy," he teased.

I put my pen down.

"Ismael, I know the kind of woman I want to marry. Fatima and Rapmon belong with each other. I surrender," I confessed.

I think I said just right. I cannot say to the Vice President of my company that my secretary enjoys flirting with a non – mahram.

"You're in denial brother," he said.

"I am not," I said and held my pen again, opening the next book review.

"You're just scared she isn't going to say yes to you. So instead of fighting for her like a real man should, you find faults in her and make those faults as excuses for you not to want her. But you do want her. I think you even lover her already," he explained.

Something triggered in my heart but I chose to ignore it.

"I'm too good for someone like her," I said, listening to my pride and ego.

"Woah!!! What happened to the decent brother I know? Where's your humility bro?" he said, standing up and heading towards my table.

He got my baseball from my table décor and started throwing it in the air and catching it.

"No one's perfect Kakah Isaac," he began.

He rarely calls me Kakah or big brother. I placed the pen down and leaned back on my seat, staring at my little brother.

"She's just 22, you're 30. Be the mature one. She has her imperfections. She may not have noticed them because she is just human. If you do marry her, tell her what you don't like and as far as how I see her, she'll be the obedient righteous spouse any man would be so lucky to have. Besides, I heard this Raphael Monstefar is a balik – islam. Who knows, Fatima might be the one who guided her to Islam. Those two have a history you cannot compete dear brother. But that's not the point. The point is she's one terrific woman. Are you really just going to let her go without even putting up a fight? If they are meant for each other, they would already stop flirting and just be lovers. Something is making those two hold back. It could be respect for their friendship, one of them is not ready or maybe Qadr Allah. If I were you, instead of sitting there, I would already be buying dowry gifts for her parents and asking them when I could meet them."

After my brother said that, he threw the ball at me and I automatically caught it in a natural reflex.

"See, catching isn't hard if you know that it's what you want. Either you catch her by making her fall for you or nothing. I advised you go and catch her. The inning isn't done yet, not until the umpire declares."

He was about to open the door but he turned around and spoke again.

"Besides you aren't perfect either dear brother. You have a bossy intimidating attitude that only she can put up, aside from Aunty and Mom," he said and chuckled as he left.

I rose up and with the ball in my hand, gazed at the glass wall of my office, overlooking the entire city below.

My mind reminisce the first day I saw her and how she made my heart flutter and beat fast, all those special moments before the Rapmon fiasco. The incident at the airplane where we exchanged poems.

I laughed a little when I recall her reprimanding me when I told her I didn't want to postpone a meeting just because my brother isn't around. Ismael is right, she can put up with me. She amazes me. And I am just in complete denial.

I returned back to my seat and saw that she has gotten back to her table. I dialed her line.

"Fatima, please come to my office," I said gently.

She seemed surprised as she answered, "Okay Sir."

She entered and I noticed that she's smiling and seemed happy. Why does Rapmon have that effect on her? I used to make her smile that way at the airplane and when we had dinner after the flight. Do I stand a chance of being loved by her?

"Yes Sir?" she asked.

"So have you thought about it then? I think I've given you enough time to think already," I said, joining my hands on the table, my gaze piercing at her.

"About what Sir?" she asked nervously.

"About the proposal. Be my wife Fatima," I carefully said, waiting for her reaction.

Her eyes widened in surprise.

"That proposal is still on?" she asked.

"Oh it's still on baby," I answered.

When she didn't speak, I stood up and went in front of my desk, half of my waist leaning on it.

I got my baseball behind me and held it, looking at her.

"So when can my family visit yours? Sunday?"

Fatima gulped and looked at me, probably gauging if I was serious.

"Are you serious? You're weird. One moment you're Romeo. The next thing you're like Joker of Suicide Squad. Now you're like Loki because your definitely no Thor," she said.

I laughed at her reply. I started laughing heartily.

"Yeah, I'm weird that way," I confessed.

"I think you need to see a psychologist," she said with a serious tone.

"Nope. I only need to see you and breathe you in," I said before closing the distance between us.

"Now, I have one question I need you to answer in all honesty Ms. Fatima Maryam. I promise you I won't get mad at you whatever the answer is because whatever your answer will be, I will still marry you," I said.

She took a step back and crossed her arms.

"If it's something personal, I won't.."

"Do you have special feelings for Rapmon?" I said, interrupting her, and feeling the pang of jealousy once again.

****************************************************************************************************

"Stop regretting your sin and think about the good deeds with which you are going to replace it with."

- You Can Be The Happiest Woman in The World by Dr. Aid Al – Qarni

****************************************************************************************************

Vote and comment. In shaa Allah. Jazakallahu khairan. <3 

Đọc tiếp

Bạn Cũng Sẽ Thích

516K 25K 42
[EDITING] "Can you... marry my brother?" "Your brother, Ibrahim? But... Isn't he married?" I recall the conversation we had before. "He was, but he...
956K 57.7K 65
I stare at him horrified. it couldn't happen my life was already ruined, and I don't want it to be ruined any further. No! It can't happen! I scream...
831K 36K 52
{Book One: Abdallah series} "I'm sorry jawad" I stammered feeling his warm breath fanning my face, and his dark eyes boring into mine, with hate evid...
640K 27.5K 33
"Just go away, you know that I don't like your touch. Then why are you here? You think you're his mumma? No, he will for sure forgot you when he will...