The Second Avatar

KiraKisa द्वारा

Being the second Avatar is not an easy job... Avatar Korra is now in Republic City with her best friend Yue... अधिक

Book I Chapter I
II
III
IV
V
VI
VII
VIII
IX
X
Book II Chapter I
II
III
IV
V
VI
VII
VIII
Book III Chapter I
II
IV
V
VI
VII
VIII
IX
X
XI
XII
Book IV Chapter I
II
III
IV
V
VI
VII
VIII
IX
X
Epilogue

III

4.1K 78 12
KiraKisa द्वारा

"It's so exciting to be on a diplomatic mission to Ba Sing Se. (turns to Tenzin) What's the Earth Queen like?" Korra asked. 

"I've never met her, but I've heard she can be quite... Demanding," Tenzin said.

"Her brat is ten times worse," I told them simply. (Korra looks concerned)

"This is it, Mako! We made it! This is where Dad grew up! Come here, look! Look!" Bolin said excitedly. 

"Okay, calm down. I'm looking," Mako said.

"I wonder where my father was from?" I questioned softly. 

"I wonder how many airbenders are down there," Korra said at the same time. Mako looked at me concerned, but I just shrugged as the ship landed in the lower ring. 

"The Lower Ring looks terrible," Korra said.

"Yeah, I can smell it from here. No wonder Dad left," Bolin said.

"I remember Lady Emiko telling me it was horrible during the war, it must have been worse then. I just can't imagine," I said as we moved on. 

"Hello, Middle Ring!" Bolin called as we floated over it. 

"Wow. Now, this is more like it," Kai said.

"I wonder where the Jasmine Dragon is," I said thoughtfully. "Hana should be here with her family taking care of it..."

"The Jasmine Dragon?" Mako questioned.

"It's a tea shop," I told him.

"That sounds nice," Jinora said.

I smiled, "it was founded by the original General Iroh, Lord Zuko's Uncle." 

"We should visit," Korra said as we landed.

"I doubt we will have time," I sighed as we landed.  

"Avatar Korra, Lady Yue, Master Tenzin, it is a pleasure to welcome you and your party to the Upper Ring of Ba Sing Se. I'm Grand Secretariat Gun." 

"Thank you," Korra said with a bow and I joined her. 

"Ahh, it's got that Upper Ring smell," Bolin said as Pabu and Naga jumped off. 

"Oh, no. The Queen hates animals. We've got to get them out of sight," Gun said. 

"Well, I can just stash Pabu in my shirt," Bolin said and then looked at Naga. "These two are gonna be a little tougher."

"Come with me, hurry. I'll take you to your quarters," Gun said. "Now, when you meet the Queen, make sure you bow low enough. That's very important. And don't look her in the eye, she can't stand that. If any food is served, don't eat before she eats. Oh, actually, I have to taste her food first, then she eats, then you can eat. Better yet, just don't eat."

I rolled my eyes as Korra gave me a look, "seems like an awful lot of rules."

"Oh, you have no idea, and I'm the one who gets in trouble when people don't follow them. So please, please, for my sake, just try not to upset Her Majesty," Gun said.

"She'll have to deal with me if she gets pissed off," I told him with a deadly smile, which only made him pale.

"Since when have you been violent?" Mako questioned.

"Since her family has been horrendous," I said simply. 

"Here we are," Gun said showing us an apartment.

"Ooh, very swanky," Bolin said. 

"Now, go in and make yourselves comfortable," Gun said before pointing at Bolin. "And keep those animals out of sight in the backyard! Avatar Korra, if you'd follow me, we don't want to keep Her Majesty waiting."

"You want company?" I asked Korra.

"I like having the Higosha with me," Korra said sheepishly and I immediately followed her out. We followed Gun through the maze of the palace before ending before the queen, who I would love to yell at.

"Your Majesty, may I present Avatar Korra and Princess Yue," Gun said. 

"You're ruining the koi pond! It's completely overshadowed by the topiaries! Guards, take that buffoon away and get me someone who knows what they're doing! You! Rip everything out and start over!" The Queen barked, and I surmised that she is no better than he son. 

"I am surrounded by idiots," the Queen stated. "So, I finally get a visit from the Avatar. Let me guess, you want something."

"Well, actually, Your Majesty, I was hoping you could- " Korra began.

"I hardly think you're in a position to ask me for favors after everything the last Avatar did to the Earth Kingdom," the Queen said.

"Excuse me?!" I fumed. 

"He and Fire Lord Zuko took advantage of my father's weakness, and stole our lands to make their own little empire. The United Republic is Earth Kingdom territory," the Queen said. 

"Well, I- I'm not sure what I can do about that," Korra said awkwardly. 

"Not that you care, but what's left of my kingdom is falling to ruin. Roving bands of barbarians are raiding villages in the countryside, and now, some of my subjects are refusing to pay their taxes," the Queen said.

I rolled my eyes, "that would be because you spend all of the money and gold on yourself. Plus, you decided to tax the poorest people to keep the rich happy. Oh, and Republic City was a united effort between your father, Avatar Aang, and my future family members. So, we're very sorry for your troubles, but actually-" 

"That topiary is supposed to be an eel-swan, not a turtle-duck!" The Queen shouted, completely ignoring me. 

"I am going to fry her but," I muttered angrily. "King Kuei was such a kind man, and Bosco was amazing. Then this witch took over, little brat." 

"Dang, you're angry," Korra muttered. 

"She tried to eat Bosco, Korra. Lady Emiko was here with Lady Hana when she heard about it and just about started another war with the Fire Nation and Water Tribe against the Earth Kingdom," I told Korra in a harsh whisper. 

"You sure about that?" Korra asked.

I gave her a blank look, "I was pretty much raised by Lady Emiko. The woman took care of Bosco until he died, and she was always furious with the Earth Queen. Lady Emiko refuses to ever deal with the Earth Queen, it's lucky that Lady Izumi took over that side of negotiations before she took the throne." 

"Do you have these problems with your servants?" The Queen asked us suddenly. 

"I don't really have servants. But, Your Majesty, the reason for our visit is that we're trying to gather all of the new airbenders who are popping up in the Earth Kingdom, and we'd like your help finding the ones in Ba Sing Se," Korra said. 

"Airbenders in Ba Sing Se? Where did you hear that?"

"Before we left Republic City, we got some reports."

"Hmm. Well, before I even consider helping you, I'll need you to do something for me."

"Oh. Of course. What is it?" Korra offered before I could stop her. 

"I have a vault full of tax money sitting in a town South of here. Barbarians have stolen my past two shipments. Go collect my money and bring it back here," the Queen ordered. 

"Korra," I warned, but she already bowed. 

"Yes, Your Majesty." 

I followed Korra as we left, "I won't help you with this. It's too fishy."

Korra nodded, "I think that's a good idea."

"Really?" I asked confused.

"Something's going on. I think you should go talk with Lady Emiko's daughter," Korra said.

"You want me to ask Hana what is going on," I stated.

"And get to the bottom of this," Korra agreed. 

"I don't think I'll like what I find." 

**********

"Why didn't anyone tell us we have a secret prison we could have been throwing people in?" Eska asked. 

"I'd like to put my tailor in here. He never gets my cuffs right. They're so creasy," Desna said. 

I glared at them as I waited for Zuko to arrive, "the prison is meant for one person only. So no, you don't get to do whatever you want with it."

"Since when did the Higosha become so grumpy?" Eska asked moodily. 

"Since she had to come here before her husband and babysit you two to make sure that you don't do anything stupid," I said sarcastically as the cabin door opened and Zuko appeared with Tonraq.

"Is my wife grumpy?" He asked smiling.

I glared at him, "your wife is now grumpy with you."

Zuko cleared his throat as we all got into the cabin car began descending, "we built this place secretly with your father to hold a very special prisoner. She's a powerful firebender named P'li who can create explosions with her mind. Ironically, I hired a guy with a similar ability to kill the Avatar myself once."

"I remember that day," I mused as Zuko looked around with a defeated expression. "Didn't work."

"Then you randomly showed up to join the team and fired him," I said.

"Don't feel bad. I tried to kill Korra," Eska said to which Tonraq looked very unhappy. "After she ruined my wedding. It happens."

"You should have seen what I did to my brother Lu Min when he got drunk at my wedding," I mused. 

"Let's just focus on keeping this woman in prison," Tonraq said as the cabin door slid open. I saw to White Lotus guards in front of the prison. 

"The intense cold prevents her from firebending," Zuko said. 

"There's certainly no way anyone's breaking out of here," Desna said. 

"That's what we thought about the other three prisons," Zuko said as we approached the cell.

"Must be something exciting going on," P'li said as she looked at to us. "No one interesting has visited me in thirteen years." 

"Don't get used to it," Tonraq told her with an icy look. 

******

"What are you telling me, Hana?" I asked her carefully as I held my teacup tightly. I had never finished it, and it was cold a long time ago. 

Hana sighed as she reached for her husband, Taro's hand. "I don't know what to tell you, Yue. The few things we have heard about the Queen have not been pleasant."

"She's tried to close the Jasmine Dragon numerous times, but people like it too much," Taro said.

"So, instead," Kei said appearing from the kitchen. "She taxes us more, the people she doesn't like she treats poorly to get more money."

"And the people she likes?" I asked.

"They make her angry eventually," Hana said simply. 

"Then there's the middle and lower rings," their youngest, Raiden said, joining the conversation. 

"What do you mean by that?" I asked. 

"What he means," Sora, their only girl said, is that he's been to the other rings.

"Raiden!" Hana scolded. "What were you thinking?"

"Grandfather told me about a pond once, I was trying to find it," Raiden shrugged. "I had to explore the entire city to do that, what I saw wasn't nice." 

"The rings have always been separated," Taro said carefully. 

"Not like this," Sora said softly.

"Sora!" Hana began again. "Why did you follow your brother around?" 

Sora shrugged, "he said there was a family who needed some help."

"When I brought Sora with, we couldn't find them. Their neighbors were terrified. Something happened, something the Queen did," Raiden said.

"Why did you bring your little sister with?" Taro asked calmly, but it was obvious he was upset. 

"The family I knew, their daughter started airbending," Raiden said. 

"That still doesn't explain why you brought Sora with," Hana said, her temper rising.

"Well-" Raiden began, but Sora cut him off. 

"No," Sora said.

"But-"

"No."

"What are you two not telling us?" Taro asked giving them both a look. 

"You get to tell them," Raiden said looking around. 

"Close the shop first," Sora said.

"Why?" I asked.

"You don't know who is listening," Sora said simply. 

I shared a look with Taro and we did what she asked. Hana touched my shoulder and nudged my feet, I got her message really quick. "Taro," I told him as I pulled off my shoe and he did the same. Using a technique Toph taught Taro and Lin taught me, we made sure no one was listening. "There are some Dai Li not too far away, but they're not paying attention." 

"Now what have you been hiding, young lady," Hana said angrily. For a bling lady, she had a scary ability to glare at who was in trouble. Terrifying with the white eyes too. 

Sora looked uncomfortable, "come on sis," Kei said gently. 

"I'm an airbender." 

**********

पढ़ना जारी रखें

आपको ये भी पसंदे आएँगी

82.4K 2K 34
Found as a child with a troubling and mysterious past, Eri was raised by Fire Lord Zuko. Growing up a traveler and warrior Eri was always taught to...
26.9K 590 10
Korra was involved in a horrid accident that left her paralyzed. Within that time, her world became a blur of anger and secret feelings for her best...
36.8K 993 23
The story start as Korra and Asami enter the Spirit world. We will find the relationship of Korra and Asami bloom as they encounter new enemies and g...
70.6K 1.9K 24
Sakiko, a non bender from the fire nation who just recently moved to republic city. as she walked around town, she meets a fire ferret and a friendly...