Eleanor

بواسطة Little_Lamb315

You know my name, you've seen my picture and you know I love Starbucks, but do you know who I really am? It's... المزيد

Authors Note
Dear Diary: I Met a Boy
First Meeting
Dear Diary: He Called!
Lost an Earring
Dear Diary: I Can't Sleep
"I'm Eleanor Calder"
Dear Diary: They Took Pictures
I Like It
Dear Diary: It's Been a While
I'm His
Dear Diary: Guess What?
New Adventures
Dear Diary: 'Boy Bander'
Dear Diary: They Want a Meeting
Modest!
Dear Diary: I'm Crazy
New Friends
Dear Diary: Is it Worth it?
I'm Ready
Dear Diary: I Love Him
City of Love
Dear Diary: Meeting the Family
The Tomlinsons
Dear Diary: I Miss Him
The First Goodbye
Dear Diary: The Hate
Help Needed!
Very Important Person
Dear Diary: Summer Time
Surprise!
Dear Diary: The Prick
First Fight
Dear Diary: Perks
A Little Note From Me :)
Backstage
Dear Diary: The Media
Take Nothing for Granted
Dear Diary: Three Months Later...
Itch to Write

Meeting Ms. Calder

7.5K 340 59
بواسطة Little_Lamb315

Enjoy!

"Why are you so nervous?" Louis asked as the two of us sat at the stoplight waiting for the light to turn green, on our way to the restaurant where we would be meeting my mother for dinner. He rubbed the back of his neck slowly as he looked over at me as I twisted my hair to the side and looked out the window trying my best to stay calm.

"I don't know honestly..." I mumbled under my breath, I hadn't told Louis about the conversation I over heard my mum having with my Aunt the night before.  How could I?  When I had told Louis about the dinner plans he was so excited, he couldn't wait to meet my mum, I didn't want him to know that she didn't like him before they had even met.

Louis shot me a reassuring smile, taking my hand in his and leaning over towards me, not stopping until his entire upper half was laying on the middle console, his blue eyes with that unmistakable glint in them.  He quickly pecked my cheek as the light turned green and pulled away enough to give the road his full attention, though his hand stayed entwined with mine. I gave him a small smile and turned back towards the window, keeping my eyes focused on the world outside of the car for the rest of the ride, the knots in my stomach growing larger the closer we got to the restaurant. I wanted my mum to like Louis, to see that he was so much more than a boy in a band, I wanted her to see what I saw and not what the world saw. 

As we pulled up to the restaurant I let out a sigh of relief when I saw that there were no photographers there waiting, The last thing I needed my mum seeing was Louis being swarmed by flashing lights, definitely not the type of lifestyle you want your only child's boyfriend to lead. I was shaken out of my thought by the valet opening my door for me.  The cold early January air hit me hard and I pulled my coat closer to me as Louis walked around the car wrapping his arm through mine and smiling.

"Don't worry, parents love me." He laughed and kissed my nose.  All I could do was smile at him as he lead me into the restaurant. I turned back and looked at his car as the valet drove off with it, wishing that I could still be inside its warmth, not ready for the meal ahead of us. 

"Table for Tomlinson." Louis said to the blonde hostess.

"Louis Tomlinson?" The girl said with a mixture of surprise and excitement when she looked up and saw Louis.

"That would be me." Louis laughed as the girl's eyes fell on me, looking me over from head to toe.

"Is there a Ms. Calder here?" I asked her politely giving her my best smile, knowing that she probably thought I was some gold digger.

"Not that I'm aware of." She rudely said and turned her attention back to Louis. "Just the two of you then?" she batted her eyes at him as I looked around the restaurant seeing if my mum was already there, trying to ignore the fact the

"No we have a third." I smiled at her again.  She pulled three menus out and led us to our table, Louis and I walking hand-in-hand behind her.

Louis let go of my hand and pulled my chair out for me to sit before taking his own seat, if only my mum was here to have witnessed his gesture.

"Just let me know if there is anything I can do for you." The hostess said as she laid the menus in front of us, not taking her eyes off of Louis. Louis nodded and she walked away, making sure to sway her hips as she left hoping Louis would look, his eyes never looking away from me.

I reached for my phone to look at the time, it was five minuets after our scheduled time, I bit my lip, my mother was never late, never.  I was starting to worry that she wasn't going to turn up, that she already hated Louis so much that standing him up for dinner wouldn't be anything.  We sat in silence as we both looked at our menus, if Louis was nervous I couldn't tell, he was so calm acting, I started to wonder if he would be this nervous if I ever meet his family.  I kept playing with my hair, twisting it around and around until Louis took my hand, causing me to look up at him.

"Don't be so nervous." He chuckled, "It's not like you haven't met your mum before." I let out a little laugh and felt my body relax enough to notice how warm and clammy his hand felt connected to mine, he was nervous too. "So when will your mum be arriving...I'm starving." He asked me as he glanced over at the table next to us as the waiter was setting their dinners down in front of them.

"I'm sorry to have kept you waiting Mr. Tomlinson." My mother said from behind him causing Louis to jump a little. He turned around rapidly, his cheeks blushing brightly at her and standing up from his chair to greet her. I quickly stood up and went to hug my mum. "Oh no, I didn't mean it like that ma'am. I'm just really hungry..."

"I was starting to get worried you weren't coming." I admitted cutting Louis off, I smiled at her as she took her gloves off, one finger at a time.

"Eleanor," She never called me 'Eleanor' unless I was in trouble, "I said I would come, didn't I?" She moved towards her chair and stopped when she saw that Louis had pulled it out for her, just as he had done for me moments earlier. "Well, thank you Mr. Tomlinson." She quietly said as she took her seat,

"It's just Louis by the way." He said extending his hand out to her his cheeks still red from before. "Now I see where Eleanor gets her looks from, ma'am." My mum gave Louis a small smile. 

"It's nice to finally meet you Louis. Eleanor speaks so highly of you." She said taking his hand, I let out a deep breath and began to relax, maybe this wouldn't be so bad after all.

I sat silently for most of the dinner, speaking up every once in awhile, but mostly I watched my mother and Louis, she quizzed him on all the basics of his life, never bringing up the one topic I was dreading the most. The conversation was going smoothly, I felt like we were in the clear and that my mum might actually have seen the same Louis that I did, until dessert.

"So what is it you do Louis?" She asked, looking over at me.

"I'm in a band." Louis answered.

"And is this what you plan to do for the rest of your life?"

"I sure hope so." Louis's smile grew, "We're on our first tour right now, and we're going to America later in the summer."

"So, you're on the road a lot." My mother took a sip of her tea, eyeing Louis over the top of the cup.

"They just recorded their first album." I chimed in, trying to make sure Louis was not alone against my mother. 

"Have you thought about what will happen to your relationship with Eleanor while you're away?" My mother asked with concern in her voice. "Relationships are hard as is, and it'll be even harder if you're away most of the time." She looked at me, I knew my mother was not trying to be rude or harsh, she was just worried.  Worried that I was destined to get my heart broken by putting myself in a unique relationship, a relationship that would be dictated by Louis's career. There was silence between the three of us, I kept looking between my mother and Louis waiting for one to say something, not knowing what to say myself, torn for the first time. I opened my mouth ready to let whatever words where there come out but Louis beat me to it.

"I understand your concerns Ms. Calder." Louis said breaking the silence, he looked at me and placed his hand over mine. "My Career is not normal and I understand that most mothers don't want their daughters dating boy band members." He smiled at me, he's eyes so endearing, I squeezed his hand and smiled hoping my mother saw the connection between us now. "But I can promise you that I plan to be there for your daughter in every possible way that I can while away." He looked at my mother and smiled.  "And if you're worried that I'll break her heart while I'm out on the road I can tell you right now that I don't plan on letting her go." Louis looked over at me. I smiled back and looked down at the table, my cheeks turning hot from blushing. " I knew she was special from the moment I first met her. You see, I'm an idiot, I'm an idiot that got lucky and ended up in a well known band." I tried my best to hold in my laughter as he continued. "Eleanor is the first person I've met in a long time that sees me for me and not as some boy band member. She saw that I was a human being and that I have feelings too, and I know this might not make much sense but I really needed that. I haven't known her long but you're daughter has made me feel like a person again and not like a shinny object that you can't touch. I adore Eleanor and I don't plan on letting anything bad happen to her or this relationship." Louis took in a deep breath, "And she might be the only person I've ever met who makes a better cup of tea than me and me mum."

I looked at my mum waiting to see how she would respond. I wanted as she slowly and simply nodded, accepting Louis response, all of her worries now gone. 

I sighed, my mum saw the Louis that I saw.

______________________________________________________________________________

Thank you all so much for reading! I hope you love it has much as I loved writing it. 

If you liked it and even if you didn't, I would love for you to leave me a comment and tell me what you think.  Oh and don't forget to vote!

Thanks again for reading!

I LOVE YOU ALL!

واصل القراءة

ستعجبك أيضاً

20.7K 501 41
Cute Elounor one shots
109K 867 25
Hi love, let me explain, I'm a 17-year-old girl. My name is Emily Amelia Calder. Yes you heard me, I said CALDER. As in little sister from Eleanor C...
46.8K 1.7K 33
Life can be very unpredictable... so unpredictable that it turns into this scary thing and now you worry about what might happen next. You see thats...
2.2M 40K 25
My name is Eleanor Calder. You might know who I am. I model, but millions of teenage girls knew me as the girl who dated Louis Tomlinson from One Dir...