The Magic & The Wings. Diaval...

Od DarylsCrossbowBolt

Diaval x Reader In this story Maleficent has only the power to curse Aurora, she relies on you for the rest... Viac

Part 1
Part 2
Part 4
Part 5
Part 6
Part 7
Part 8
Part 9
Part 10
Part 11
Part 12
Part 13
Part 14
Part 15
Part 16
Part 17
Part 18
Part 19

Part 3

27.6K 818 303
Od DarylsCrossbowBolt

The day of the christening soon arrived. The doors if the castle flew open, filling the air with a thick mist from the moors.

Maleficent sweeps in gracefully, Diaval swooping in close beside her. You materialize beside them, looking over at the baby with sorrow in your eyes. Maleficent talks to the king while Diaval hops to you shoulder. Extending your hand, you allow Diaval to perch himself. He also agreed cursing Aurora was wrong, not that he would ever say it to Maleficent. You smile as you feel his claws wrap around your fingers. You focus fully on Diaval, blocking out all of your surroundings. You let your fingers stroke through the feathers covering his neck. He tilts his head to the side giving you more access, gentle pushing himself into your nails, enjoying the slight scratch. You finally zone back in as Maleficent begins you cast her curse.

"The child will indeed, grow in grace and beauty, loved by all that meet her but on the day of her sixteenth birthday, she shall prick her finger, on the spindle of a spinning wheel, and die!"

"No! please." The king pleads, lurching forward in his chair.

"Pleading?" Maleficent laughs. "Do it again, I like it."

He slowly lowers himself to his knees, looking up at her in fear "Please, Maleficent."

"Very well." She turns back to face the baby, twirling her fingers. "The child will not die, but fall into a sleep like death, only to awake from true loves kiss!"

The guards spring into action, pointing their iron encrusted blades at you. However, before they even step an inch closer you teleport all three of you back to the cottage. Maleficent wanders inside leaving you with Diaval still perched on your hand. He looks at you and then spreads his wings, flying over to a rock near the lake. You flick your fingers and watch as he turns into his human form.

"What a poor hatching." He mumbles, throwing a washed up crystal back into the river. He waits before you sit down before he speaks again. "She who took no part in the kings deeds, now has to suffer the consequences."

"Worry not Diaval, there is but one way to uplift the curse. All hope is not yet lost."

"True love kiss? And if the hatching does not find love?"

"Fear not dear raven for I have many a trick up my sleeve."

"Then I shall have to put all my faith into your magic."

"Do not rely on magic, pretty bird; when it is a miracle we seek."

"A miracle?"

"Yes, Diaval. True love in itself is a miracle."  A silence falls between the two of you as you look into the distance. You wait a few minutes before standing up abruptly.

"Shall thou be joining me?"

"Where does one wish to go?"

You looks around and point in the direction of the hills, watching as the mist curl over them like fingers.

"That way."

"It is ones job to assist you on your journey."

"I wish not for you to feel like you owe me or Maleficent your life. Should you decide to join me, I want it to be because you want to, not because you feel you need to."

He looks at the ground, taking a step in your direction. He looks up his hazel orbs locking with your (e/c) ones. He offers his arm for you to link.

"You said you want to go that way?"

"I do believe I did." You smile linking his arm.

You wander in silence, just enjoying each others silent company. You wait until you are far up the hill before speaking.

"It has only just occurred to me, my dear raven man, that I know nothing about your past."

"What do you wish to know?"

"Oh, I don't know. The small things. What is you favorite pass time? What berries do you hold most dear? How do you rate the weather on a scale of zero to ten?"

"Well," He starts, scratching the back of his neck with a smile. "I normally just fly from place to place, roof top to roof top. The berry I hold most dear has to be the common blue berry, simply divine and sadly understated. And the weather?" He chuckled "Would give it a solid four, the mist makes my feathers all wet and poofy."

"You see? The little things are what count."

"What about you m'lady? I two know nothing about you."

"Well I see it is only fair I answer your questions. What information do you wish to possess?"

"Does one live alone? Does one have Family? Friends? A lover? Does one favor the mist over the shine?"

"Before you and Maleficent, I did live alone. I had family at one point in time but I no longer know where they are. I've never been the type to have friends and as far as a lover goes," You laugh looking up at Diaval. "I don't think I've ever had one of those. Oh and mist definitely over shine."

"I, see."

"What about you? Do you have Family? Friends? A lover?"

"Most of my family are gone now. Hunted down by cats and dogs or humans for meat and bait for bigger animals. I do not have any friends, mostly because I prefer to be alone.  And answer your last question, no. We ravens mate for life, it's a very strict tradition; I just never found anyone who meant anything to me."

"I, see." You pause looking off into the distance, watching as the mist grew thicker. You inhale the air, closing your eyes.

"You really do like the mist, don't you?"

"Yes," you whisper, eyes still closed. " I do."

"One could get used to it."

"Yes, one could." You gently lean your head again his arm, enjoying the feel of the mist against your skin. He glances down at you a small smile skimming his lips. "We should get back home." You say after a while.

"Home?"

"Yes, why? Do you wish to stay longer?"

"No, no, its not that. Its just I've never had a home before."

"Well, you are more than welcome to stay inside from now on, that is if you still wish to stay with us."

"I think my tree is good, but thank you for the offer."

"Suit yourself."

You begin to walk back through the hills, arms still linked together.

By the time you return, it is dark. You unhook your arm from Diaval and turn him back into his former self. You lift him from the floor to his tree, placing him delicately on his favorite branch. "Remember," You whisper, leaning closer to the bird. Diaval also moves closer staring into your eyes. "The offer still stands."

The bird spreads his wings."Squwark!"

"Goodnight, Diaval."

"Squwark!"

With a smile you turn and walk into the cottage. Maleficent is already asleep in the spare room, so you decide to go straight to bed.

You pull back the sheets and climb into the bed, shivering at how cold it is. Within minutes sleep over comes you and you're out like a light.That's when the thunder starts.

As you slept, Diaval shivered, slightly regretting not taking you up on your offer. He spreads his wings and flies to your bedroom window. To his relief you had left it open just a crack. He pushes through and revels in the heat of your room. He quietly flies onto the bed near you head and falls asleep.

In the morning you awake to a rainbow. You stare at the window, puzzled. "I left it open that much?" You mumble rubbing the sleep from your eyes. You waltz over and shut it.  When. you turn around you see a single black feather lying by your pillow. With a smile you pick it up. Turning back to the window, you see Diaval in his tree dozing slightly.

You wait until everyone is awake before venturing out your bedroom. "Hello Maleficent" You say as you pass her in the kitchen. You grab a bowl and fill it with blueberries, Diaval's favorite, and walk outside. With your empty hand you motion him into his human self and hand him the berries.

"Thank you, m'lady."

"Oh, call me (f/n)."

"Thank you (f/n)."

"You are very much welcome."

He puts a berry in his mouth and give you a lopsided grin.

You take a step forward and slide his feather behind his ear, placing a hand on his cheek. "You left it being yesterday."

A blush coats his cheeks as he offers an embarrassed smile. "Enjoy your breakfast."

Pokračovať v čítaní

You'll Also Like

33.3K 1.2K 10
Male Maleficent X Female Reader A handsome, pure-hearted young man, Maleficent has an idyllic life growing up in a peaceable forest kingdom with Y/n...
829 24 40
Former foster kid Taylor Hamilton has no knowledge of her celestial abilities. After 16 years, she finally has a home and a new, doting mother in San...
175K 2.6K 52
Being the daughter of THE Bellatrix Lestrange hasn't been easy for Aurora. After her father's death, her mother served her missions on a silver plate...