Illusions of the Sunlight

Gold_Roses_of_Winter द्वारा

≫ "If you think that I'm the hero, then you're gravely mistaken. I refuse to help people who can't even think... अधिक

ARC ①・Foretelling
❶・Story
❷・The Fox and the Sage
❸・Training
❹・Friendship
❺・Unveil
ARC ②・Awakening
❻・Dinner

❼・I Am An Uchiha

677 30 7
Gold_Roses_of_Winter द्वारा

A/N: I don't think that I described how Naruto looks like before. Did I? And this is a late update, I know, I know.

...:::*:::...

   Kurama grumbled in his jinchūriki's mindscape, partially blocking away the golden-white energy that popped up from nowhere, uninvited. He wanted the boy to wake up, to force the annoying chakra out; but his jinchūriki was too into his sleep, as if someone drugged him.

   "Wake up," he hissed, swatting a persistent portion of chakra away. "Naruto, wake up!"

   The boy never made an action that told the fox that he heard the yell; he stayed still, unmoving like a corpse. The chakra stopped swirling around Naruto's mindscape, and instead attacked the owner. Kurama's eyes widened as he attempted to stop it; but he was in a cage, what can he do?

Growling, he leaned back into one of the sides, and stared. The boy was blissfully unaware that he could die in a matter of seconds, and Kurama was exasperated for that. Really, of all the surprises he had expected, this was, by no means, one of them.

   "Stupid brat..."

...:::*:::...

   Blood red eyes glowed, murder evident in them. Snarling, the figure slashed at his nearest prey. The poor man did not have the time to react as his organs were pierced and brought out, filling his murderer with twisted, sick glee.

   "Who's next~" he laughed, sidestepping the gruesome corpse. The others looked at their fallen comrade in horror, before shifting their gaze to the figure, anger shining in their eyes. "Do you hate me now?" he asked, mock hurt in his tone.

   The nearest shinobi growled and his hands instantly went for a series of handsigns. The figure cackled as he just brushed away a fireball, which was about the same size of a house, effortlessly.

   "Weak~" he intoned playfully before slicing his neck. A few trembled at the amount of killing intent he was releasing, their hands placing a kunai next to their neck, almost ending themselves.

   The leader, or at least the one he presumed to be, yelled, "Don't! I won't let anyone else die at the hand of this bastard!"

   His eyes glinted in amusement after the trembling stopped and the kunais were suddenly poised for an attack. He laughed at their naïvety and foolishness. The ninja world wasn't filled with good people, rainbows, unicorns, and saving princesses; it was filled with cold-blooded murderers, betrayal, blood, and death.

   To think that these men were hailed as some of the strongest in Iwa, made him snort. They were still innocent; sure they had killed and assassinated, but they had never experienced war, they had never killed their loved ones.

   "Doton: Doryuudan!" he heard at least three of them shout, and he dodged the earth projectiles thrown at him. He started his own technique, with only one hand. Their eyes widened in fear as a dragon, made up of electricity, charged at them.

   He chuckled before unsheathing his sword, slicing the nearest person to bits. Whether it be beheading, cutting their bodies in half, or stabbing them in the heart, they all died at his hands and blade. The most amusing was that; the leader had actually begged him to spare his life, that he would gain intel and information about Iwa's defenses and ninjas.

   He nearly shook in laughter. Was this the man, who had yelled that he would protect his team and the village? Was this the man, who boldly proclaimed that he was going to kill him for revenge?

   "You know what?" he asked, a raging fire burning in his eyes. "I hate people like you," The leader gasped as the edge of his sword cut his arms and legs slowly. "I hate cowards with fake facades, liars, and..."

   The man's eyes widened, his mouth agape, and it stayed like that as his head was separated from his body. "...traitors," the figure finished darkly, shaking the blood of his sword before sheathing it once more.

   And suddenly, once more, loud laughter escaped his mouth, resounding within the vicinity of the field. He laughed at the blood that adorned the plains, at the remnants of their sources which were strewn about. The figure chuckled as his eyes raked over his work, a cruel grin etched on his face.

   "Twinkle, twinkle little star, how I wonder what you are~" he let out a loose giggle as his back hit the chest of the only person he trusted with his life. "Oh~ Hello, ouji-sama~"

   Eyes – one a beautiful, sapphire blue and the other a royal violet – peered down and met his own. Those eyes had a cold fire burning within, a calm anger, and blankness. He chuckled at the irony before he felt himself trapped around his arms.

   "Don't put yourself in danger again," his voice was cold, smooth, and pleading, and yet, he felt as if it was a direct order. "Don't leave me alone,"

   "Of course," a genuine smile, in contrast to what he had just did earlier, was given to his brother. "You have my word, nii-san!"

...:::*:::...

   Gasping, Naruto woke up with a start, causing the untamed, wild golden-white chakra to recede and recoil. He brushed some of his ebony hair out of his face, and composed himself from the disturbing dream. Dream wasn't the best word to put it, and neither was the word, 'nightmare'. He supposed it was a vision of some sort; but if that were to be true, then who was the figure?

   "Brat," his eyes raked over the glowering fox, a questioning glance sent his way. "Did you know what had just happened?"

    "I-I..." Naruto froze at his stutter, mentally berating himself. "I don't know," he said at last.

   Kurama's eyes were narrowed at him, and he knew that the fox had caught the lingering hesitation in his tone. Sighing, "I don't really know, Kurama-san. I really don't," he added.

   "It is a mixture of yin and yang chakra," the fox explained impatiently. "And in all of the centuries that I've lived; I only know one person that holds the same as you,"

   His curiosity piqued, he asked a simple, "Who?"

   "I suppose it does not matter anymore. He's already dead, and you will hold no importance to him," said Kurama dismissively, eyeing him with a look of caution. The ravenette felt his eyebrow twitch, but otherwise, said nothing. "Go back, brat. Don't you have a meeting with that Akaya girl or something?"

   "Ayaka," he corrected stiffly, a scowl present on his face. The bijū rolled his eyes and flicked a furry paw, showing that he didn't care in the slightest.

   Still with his scowl, the boy vanished from his mindscape.

...:::*:::...

   Ayaka was waiting impatiently, standing in front of the place where they had first met. Her eyes lit up as she spotted the face she'd been waiting for, her lips curling into a pout.

   "Sorry, I got caught up with a friend of mine," he said sheepishly. Ayaka nodded and intertwined her hand with his, dragging him. Blinking, Naruto allowed himself to be pushed around by the girl; scanning his surroundings.

This is the way to the Hokage mountain, he realized, Why would she bring me there? Unless she put two and two together, the only reason left is that this happened due to pure coincidence.

"Shimura-sa—"

"Ayaka," the said girl pouted. "Call me by my first name, I am requesting you to. I feel like you're one of those old, boring councilmen that regularly visits my dad if you keep calling me by my surname,"

He let out a loose chuckle. "Alright, Ayaka-san. I will," he said, then frowned thoughtfully. "Why are we going to the Hokage Mountain, by the way?"

"Because it gives us the best view of the village," the green-haired girl replied in a 'duh' tone. "And it's. . .relaxing, in a weird sense, too. I think you need a rest, Naruto-kun, being with those idiotic villagers might've been stressful, right?"

"I suppose," Naruto hummed. He never really payed attention to those villagers and their insults. Once he learned the Shadow Clone Technique and strengthened it, he would normally send out his clones, one transformed as his genjutsu'd self, in order to keep up the appearance of the 'demon brat', while the others were under the henge of different people to buy his necessities. In short, he never really cared about them.

"I like the view from the Nidaime's head and—are you listening to me?" Ayaka asked with a pout. The boy only adverted his gaze to her, causing the girl to slightly blush at their proximity.

"I prefer to sit on the Fourth's head, and gaze at the scenery—to be perfectly honest,"

"You were actually listening?" she asked, dumbfounded. "But you were staring at your surroundings and seemed to be deep in thought! How can you do that?"

"There is a thing called multitasking, stupid girl," he drawled, bored.

"Hey! I am not a stupid girl! I do not lack in the intelligence area! What makes you think that I am—mmmpf!" Ayaka glared as the boy covered her mouth. "Mmph mmpf—"

"Just shut up already," he stated dully. "We're here, Ayaka-chan,"

"Is that a nickname out of mockery?" Ayaka asked incredulously, her glare dying down into a pout. "Naruto-kun, why are you so mean to me?"

"I am not being mean," argued the other flatly. "I am merely being true to myself and to you. Speaking of the truth. . ." he paused, "Why exactly did you bring me here?"

Ayaka pursed her lips, "I told you I like the scenery—"

"You know, don't you?"

"Wha-What do I know?" Swallowing thickly, Ayaka gazed into those cerulean orbs, but found them empty; unlike what she had seen before. "N-Naruto-kun?"

   "Can I trust you?" From there, she could feel that the boy was talking to himself rather than her. Tense, she watched as the previous bright, spiky blond hair – that she had grown to adore – fade into silky, pitch black tresses. It fell down to just a few inches below his shoulders, tied into a high ponytail. The tan, sun-kissed skin turned into a pale and porcelain complexion, unblemished unlike before; she had spotted a few scars on his body, no doubt done by the villagers.

   What changed the most was his body; it had gone from thin and small to slender and lithe, apparently made for speed. His face had lost its baby fat and had accepted a somewhat soft features, his whisker marks absolutely having no trace of being there in the first place. One of his eyes retained its crystalline, cerulean shade whilst the other was a deep, royal purple in color.

   "Y-You're..." Ayaka found the words stuck in her throat. His expression was blank and apathetic, although she could see the slight signs of wariness and amusement.

   "Questions?" His voice had also changed; it was baritone and alluring, unlike the high-pitched, somewhat-annoying-yet-funny one.

   "A-...Are you still Uzumaki Naruto?"

   "No," Ayaka felt her heart sink. "My name is not Uzumaki Naruto, Ayaka-san,"

   "Then, w-who are you?" Her voice cracked slightly. Ayaka felt like she had fallen into a predator's trap as the boy wore an Uchiha smirk.

   The ravenette smiled, "I am Uchiha Naruto, it's nice to meet you, Ayaka-chan,"
---
Hello~
Y'know what, I think I should submit a story in the NarutoWattys, but I'm not sure which one...

पढ़ना जारी रखें

आपको ये भी पसंदे आएँगी

2.8K 116 14
I was tried of everything and before I knew it, it was over. I ended up in the Naruto world as (y/n) Senju. I had the ability to also use wood style...
1.9K 40 6
I don't own Naruto or it's characters. This fanfic will not follow the cannon. At the age 4 Naruto Uzumaki was brutally attacked by mob and left to d...
16.1K 348 7
Naruto hated being powerless. He hated everyone in the village for something he had no couldn't control over. One day after being at the brink of dea...
687K 16.1K 133
"I'm just the Son of a Hero and Grandson of a God." Just after he was born, he was taken, kidnapped from the village named Konoha. And since then, he...