Down For The Count

Autorstwa bagelsandmuffins

[completed] What's worse than a broken heart? What's worse than crying so much you don't know if you have any... Więcej

My Depressing Life
The Five People In The Diner
Where. Did. He. Hit. You.
Lin's An Idiot
I Don't Know Spanish!
We Need To Talk
You Have The Right To Remain Silent...
Cinnamon Roll? More Like Linnamon Roll.
The Gossip In New York City Is Insidious
Paisley's First Date
Rewind, Rewind
The Schuyler Sisters...& Paisley...& Lin?
Ice Cream Dates @ 2 AM
Paisley+Dresses=The End Of The World
Cough Syrup?
I'm Delusional, WHEEE!
This Should be Fun...
Star Wars is Stupid
Adoption Day
Eat Less, Smile More
New School? Making Friends? Ew
Sebastian Is Not Throwing Away His Shot
I Know, I Know
He's Your Dad?!
Meet the Mirandas
Boys Are Yucky
Pinky Promise
Wait...That's Not Right
Legitimate Questions
I'm So Sorry For Forgetting
I Made a Mistake
Eating, Nightmares, And...Zombies?
Voice In My Head
What's Normal?
Ice Cream Dates @ (3) AM: Part Two
The Eye of the Hurricane
Teach 'Em How to Say Goodbye
Alex
The Happy Girl Isn't Happy
Apologies
Familiar Faces
Same Story, Different Ending
Win Some, Lose Some
Fifteen
The Room Where It Happens
Push Away the Unimaginable
Breaking the News
Goodbye
She'll Be Back
Accidents
Tough Conversations
Helpless
Confirmed
I Didn't Tell
The Day After
Perfect
What'd I Miss?
I'm Trying
Mother's Day
Baby Steps
Kat
Ice Cream For Dinner
Sleepover
Tag-Along
Roadblock
Everything is Legal in New Jersey
Meet Me Outside
World War III @ The Rodgers
Wait For It
Bad Dad
Father's Day
Meredith
Ticking Time
Comfortable
Numb
Sympathy Casserole
Loved
I'm Not Okay
Cup, Plate, Bin
Wrong Puzzle Piece
Unfixable
Substitute Vanessa(s)
Hold Your Child As Tight As You Can
Family Therapy
Crossing The Line
Ensemble Day
Rough Night, Rough Day
Bottled Up
Closure
Why Do You Have To Say Goodbye?
Epilogue

I'M NOT ANOREXIC

2.3K 53 44
Autorstwa bagelsandmuffins

Phillipa's POV

Renée and I got out of the car, walking towards the front door. I knocked and was greeted by Lin.

"Hey. Thanks for coming by. I think Paisley's asleep." Lin told me.

"Kay." I said, walking to Paisley's room. I opened the door and walked in, not making an attempt to be quiet. I threw the blankets off of her. "Paisley."

Paisley groggily lifted her head up and opened her eyes. "Phillipa? Why are you here?"

"Renée and I are taking you to dinner. She's in the living room." I explained. Paisley thought for a second.

"Wait...why are you guys..." Paisley leaned back and groaned. "LIN ARE YOU SERIOUS?!"

Lin didn't answer. I rolled my eyes because of course Lin was too cowardly to answer her back.

"Anyways, come on Pay. It'll be fun! We can go wherever you want." I told her. Paisley laid back in bed.

"But I'm not hungry."

"But we're going to dinner."

"Pippa, please don't make me go I'm really not hungry." Paisley begged.

"Child, you don't have a choice. Come on, we're going. Get dressed. We'll be waiting in the living room." I said, leaving her room and sitting on the couch.

"How'd it go?" Lin asked me. I rolled my eyes.

"We're taking her to dinner, Lin." I said.

"Okay, thank you." Lin said thankfully.

"I still don't understand why you couldn't just take her to dinner yourself. I left my mani/pedi halfway. They only finished painting one foot. Now I look like an idiot." I complained.

"I mean, you always look like an idiot. Now you just look like an idiot with good fingernails and bad toenails." Lin said. I narrowed my eyes. Apparently he's forgetting that I'm trying to do something nice to help him.

"I'm leaving." I said, standing up to walk out.

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry. I'm just joking, you look gorgeous." Lin said, still laughing from his joke.

"Lin-Manuel, Pippa's about to smack you to Arizona so stop talking." Renée warned. Lin raised his hands up in surrender. Just then, Paisley walked out in a pair of sweatpants and a hoodie. She looked completely miserable.

"Alright, let's go." I smiled, getting up and walking out the front door, Renée and Paisley following me.

Once we got in the car, Renée and I started talking. Paisley didn't say anything at all. After about five minutes, I decided to try and get a conversation going, but Renée beat me to it.

"Are you okay, Paisley?" Renée asked her. Paisley just kept looking out the window.

"I'm not anorexic." Paisley said quietly, completely ignoring Renée's question.

"We know that Pay." I said, turning into the next lane.

"No you don't. You think I'm anorexic because that's what Lin told you, right?" Paisley asked. I hesitated.

"Lin didn't tell us anything. It was our idea to come over and take you to dinner. Right Renée?" I lied through my teeth, looking to Renée for help.

"Oh...um, yeah! That's what happened!" Renée said, her voice going up about five octaves like it always does when she lies. I internally groaned because she was a really really really bad liar.

"I'm not anorexic." Paisley pouted quietly. I parked the car onto the side of the road and we got out.

"Table for three." I requested to the man. He nodded and led us to a table in the back. It wasn't a fancy restaurant, luckily.

After the man came out with our waters, he came back out about five minutes later to get our food orders.

"What would you like to order?" He asked politely. I ordered a wrap and Renée ordered a sandwich. We all looked at Paisley when it was her turn.

"I'm not hungry, thank you anyway." Paisley said, starting to hand her menu back to the waiter.

"Yes she is." I said, pushing her hand back towards her so that the menu was right in front of her. She looked really annoyed. "Paisley, order something."

"Fine. Can I have a salad, but is there anyway you could give me half? Or even a fourth if you want." Paisley said to him.

"I don't think we can cut the proportions into fourths, but we can definitely give you a half salad, if that's what you want?" The waiter said. I cut Paisley off before she had the chance to speak.

"That's not what she wants, she wants a whole salad. And while you're at it, can she also have a burger, and fries? Actually screw it. Give her two burgers and double fries. Yeah, do that." I said to the waiter. Paisley looked like she was about to cry.

"Phillipa-"

"And that'll be it, thank you." I said to the waiter. He walked away once he received our orders. I looked over at Paisley and she looked really upset. I sighed.

"I'm sorry Pay, we're just really worried about you. We don't want you to become anorexic and-"

"I'M NOT ANOREXIC!" Paisley yelled. A few people around us started looking over.

"Paisley, lower your voice. Just calm down-"

"NO! I'm telling you that I'm not anorexic and you don't believe me! My stepdad just got thrown in jail! Lin and Vanessa just adopted me and Dustin is beyond pissed so if he ever comes out, he's going to murder me! Also, my mom is dead and my dad left for California and he's not coming back ever, so I'm sorry if for one day I'm upset and I don't want to eat. It's not the end of the world Phillipa, and it doesn't mean I'm anorexic." Paisley yelled, tears streaming down her face. At this point, the whole restaurant was staring at us. Everyone was quiet. Paisley put her head down on the table, still sobbing. I sighed and put my head in my hands. Renée nervously looked around for an employee.

"Check please?"

Lin's POV

I was sitting on the couch watching TV with Sebastian when Renée texted me.

Raynay: Lin you're an idiot

Raynay: I despise you

Lin: What? Why? What's wrong?

Raynay: We're almost back to the apartment so just wait

Raynay: But be ready because Phillipa's ready to chew you up

Wait...I'm confused. What did I do wrong? I put my phone down and watched TV, wondering what I did wrong when Paisley stormed into the apartment. She had tears running down her face.

"Paisley? What's wrong?" I asked her. Paisley rolled her eyes and kept walking. She walked to her room and slammed her door. Unfortunately, Vanessa got called into work so she couldn't talk to Paisley.

Phillipa came in, Renée right behind her. Phillipa crossed her arms, looking very, very, very pissed.

"Will someone please tell me what's going on?" I asked, looking at Phillipa for an explanation.

"You didn't think to tell me that today was the day you adopted Paisley?" Phillipa asked, her arms still crossed. I shrugged.

"I guess not. Why? Was I supposed to?"

"OF COURSE SHE'S NOT GOING TO EAT LIN! SHE'S FUCKING DEPRESSED YOU IDIOT!" Phillipa yelled. I crossed my arms.

"Hey hey hey. No cussing. Cussing is bad for the world. Don't pollute it with your nasty language." I scolded. Phillipa glared at me like she was actually considering murdering me.

"Lin, seriously, shut up. Also...you're one to talk." Renée warned me.

"Well then stop screaming. Paisley's going to hear you and get upset." I told Phillipa.

"SHE'S ALREADY UPSET YOU MORON. SHE BROKE DOWN IN THE MIDDLE OF THE RESTAURANT AND-"

Just then, Paisley walked out of her room wearing actual clothes and carrying a duffel bag. She was walking towards the front door.

"Where are you going?" I asked curiously. She looked at me, her face expressionless.

"I'm spending the night at Kat's house." Paisley told me. My brain struggled for something to say.

"Well, um...next time you're going out just tell me before hand."

"I just did." Paisley remarked. I scratched my head not really knowing what else to say.

"Oh, uh, okay." I said. Phillipa looked at me as if expecting me to say something specific to Paisley, so I quickly added, "Hey...I'm sorry I thought you were anorexic."Phillipa covered her face with her hands and Renée groaned and shook her head. Was I not supposed to say that?

"Well I'm not." Paisley said. After that, all four of us fell into an awkward silence.

"Okay...well, um, bye."

"Bye." Paisley said, not missing a beat and walking out of the apartment. I groaned. How am I supposed to fix this?

Paisley's POV

I quickly walked out of the apartment, feeling very angry at myself.

I'm not anorexic...but I'm going to be if I keep thinking the way I'm thinking. I can't stop thinking about what Dustin always said though.

I pushed the thoughts out of my head and made my way to the subway station. I sat down and put my duffel bag in the seat next to me. I looked at my phone and saw that I had many texts.

Kit Kat: hey, are you almost here?

Paisley: yeah

Paisley: I'm on the subway now so like ten more mins.

Kit Kat: okie

I also noticed that I had texts from Lin, Vanessa, and Phillipa.

Pippa: I hope you're not mad Pay. I'm sooooo sorry that Lin's an idiot. Maybe next weekend we can hang out?

Paisley: Yeah, it's all good. I'll see you soon hopefully :)

Pippa: awesome :)

I clicked on the next messages from Vanessa.

Ness: Hey can you make sure that Lin takes out the chicken and lets it thaw for dinner tomorrow night?

Paisley: I'm spending the night at my friends house so you should probably text him.

Ness: Okay. Have fun sweetie! :)

And lastly, I clicked on the messages from Lin. I groaned internally and mentally prepared myself for what he was going to text. He always texts really dumb stuff.

Lin Diesel: hey

Lin Diesel: hey

Lin Diesel: hey

Lin Diesel: Paisley please :(

Paisley: What Lin?

Lin Diesel: hi :D

Paisley: bye

Lin Diesel: nooo don't leave :(

Lin Diesel: what if i break out into song? then you can't leave

Lin Diesel: Yoooooo ILL TELL YOU WHAT I WANT WHAT I REALLY REALLY WANT

Lin Diesel: *cough cough paisley finish the lyrics*

Paisley: I'm not singing the spice girls they broke up over a decade ago

Lin Diesel: Fine

Lin Diesel: BABY canT YOU SEE, IM CALLIINNNNNNG A GUY LIKE YOU SHOULD WEAR A WARNNIIIINNNNNG, ITS DANGEROUS IM FALLING

Lin Diesel: *DUH DUH DIDDLY DUH DIDDLY DOO DOO DOO DOO*

I laughed way too hard at that because I can actually picture Lin on the couch singing Toxic out loud and texting it.

Paisley: Again, Britney Spears was forever ago. Not my generation.

Lin Diesel: NO SHE IS STILL A QUEEN WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT

Lin Diesel: Fine. I can totally keep up with the pop culture. I can do some Taylor, I can do some Ariana, you name it. Would that make you happy?

Paisley: actually wait yes

Paisley: I'll forgive if you sing a Taylor Swift song and post it on Twitter

Lin Diesel: bet

I chuckled and turned off my phone as the subway station stopped at my stop. I picked my duffel bag up and walked off of the subway, walking up the stairs and starting down the street. Three minutes later, I arrived at Kat's house.

"PAISLEY!" Kat yelled, swinging open her front door. I laughed and hugged her.

"Alright let's go upstairs." I said as I followed Kat and walked up to her bedroom. I placed my duffel bag on the ground and sat on her bed next to her.

"Okay...so I have a question. Can you get me an autograph from Lin?" Kat asked. I laughed.

"If that's what you want."

"Also Vanessa?" Kat asked again.

"Sure why not."

"And Tobi?"

I raised my eyebrows. "Um...Tobi doesn't have thumbs."

"And Sebastian?"

"Kat, Sebastian doesn't know how to write he's a baby." I laughed. Kat shrugged.

"It was worth a shot." She said. I laughed and we both laid down, staring at the ceiling.

"So what's new Pay?" Kat asked me. I shrugged.

"Today Lin adopted me." I said. Kat abruptly sat up.

"Shut up."

"Yeah. Unfortunately, I'm being very serious." I groaned. Kat looked at me like I had three heads.

"Sweetie, that's not unfortunate. That's a blessing. That's a dream come true." Kat said. I rolled my eyes.

"Not for me. I-"

"WAIT SHH LIN TWEETED SOMETHING!" Kat yelled, cutting me off and unlocking her phone. I also checked my phone, noticing that I had a new notification.

Lin-Manuel Miranda tagged you in a post!

I smiled and unlocked my phone, silently praying it was the promised video of Lin singing Taylor Swift. Sure enough, it was exactly what I thought.

Lin-Manuel Miranda:
@Just.Basic.Paisley forced me to post this on Twitter so turn up the volume and let my voice bless your eardrums
(Video Attached)

It was basically just a video of Lin with sunglasses on, screaming "We Are Never Getting Back Together". It was pretty great.

"This is the best thing I've ever seen in my life." Kat remarked. I laughed. She wasn't wrong it was pretty hilarious.

Paisley: Okay all is forgiven :)

Lin Diesel: YAYAYAYAYAYAYAY

Lin Diesel: Alright, now I've got a chicken to thaw. Have fun at Kat's. I'll see you tomorrow.

Lin Diesel: Goodnight miel

Paisley: Goodnight Lin

-
-
-
-

Hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hiiiiiii hi hi hi!

Thank you so much for reading! I appreciate every single one of you. I've got some new ideas for this book so yay:)

I hope you all had a lovely day and continue to have lovely days
<3

Czytaj Dalej

To Też Polubisz

19K 1.2K 38
Life has reinvented the definition of rock bottom so many times for twenty-six-year-old Sadie Blake. When her parents divorced she received a new ste...
62.2K 1.9K 68
"Sometimes I think the universe sets certain people out into the world like gifts meant for others, people whose purpose is to save someone else. Tha...
243K 6.1K 50
Lin discovers he has a 13 year old daughter by an ex-girlfriend. She's had a rough life up until now. When her mother is arrested, Lin and his wife...
73.9K 1K 46
13 year old Lily was placed in foster care when she was 7. She has been through abusive home after abusive home. All she ever wanted was to be in a f...