The Ex- Wife

Od Flinn11

Lanie was left by her husband, Jerry Millers without reasons. She gives birth to a son and named him Charlie... Více

Part 1: Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
PART II : Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 28
Chapter 27
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31

Chapter 19

10.9K 281 9
Od Flinn11

I'm going to school to fetch Charlie. I saw him on the playground with the pupils.  I walked towards the playground and called out his name. He ran over to me with a delightful smile on his face. I pick her up and lifted him in the air. We giggles. Then, I hug my sweaty son. 

" Mommy, I'm sweating" He said

" I don't care, let me hug for a bit" I kissed his cheek. After hugging him I put him down on the ground then I hold my hand to his as we head out the school. 

" Bye, Charlie!" A blonde boy on his dad's shoulder waiving at Charlie.

" Bye, Jacob!" He waved at him.

Charlie looked up at me with an inquisitive look " mommy, why daddy can't fetch me in school? Why you, Grandma and Uncle Ric usually fetch me?"

I was stunned by his question. I knew this will happen.  

" I will tell you when are in the car" I said.

 I need to think what to say. I just can't sleepy tell him his dad left us and disown him at his age. He is still a vulnerable kid. 

When we are in the car. I grabbed a small towel and wipe his back then I help him to put his favorite Star Wars shirt on. Afterwards, we drove out.

" Mommy, why daddy can't fetch me in school?" He looked at me.

" Because your dad is working far away" I said.

" How far?" 

" very far far away" 

" Have he seen my face?"

 "No, he didn't have a chance to see you because he was working in the far far away place"

" Did you send him a photo of me on Facebook?"

I wasn't expecting this question "He doesn't have facebook" 

I don't know if Jerry has a facebook.

" He can't come on my birthday next month?"

" No"

"Did you know when he will come home?"

" No" I said.

Oh my god, Charlie please don't ask any question anymore! I know this made him sad but this is life our now without a husband and a father. Sooner I will him the truth.  He remains silent until we arrived at the house. As we get inside the house he immediately went upstairs and heading to his room leaving me bemused. 

" What happened to him, cousin? " Ric approached me.

" He asks me about his dad"

" Don't tell the truth yet. He still a baby "

"  I'm going to talk with him " I went upstairs and head to his room.  I knocked the door first before I get inside the room.

I saw him writing in the short bond paper on his small table.  I walk towards him and stay behind his back looking what's he is writing 

" What are you writing, Charlie? " I asked while watching him writing

" A letter to my daddy " He said. " I want him to come on my birthday. I want to see him "

" Charlie we can't deliver the letter if no address"

" But he has name "

" Unless he is famous.  Your dad is not famous therefore it's no use "

" How about his friends? " He sounds cold.  Damn it!  Why is he acting like this?  My son is doing his effort to find his dad. 

I don't want to answer his question. I need to lie so that he will stop asking me questions.  I'm such badass mother.  Lol.  Who cares?  I don't want him to see his dad.  He disowns his son. 

" Yeah, I know one -"

" Great!  Send the letter to his friend" He cut me off. He sounds exasperated. He folded the paper in half and he stood up from his chair then he handed me the paper.

I bend over and gave him apologies look " Sad to say,  he is already dead. I'm sorry,  Charlie " Honesty, I don't know Jerry's friends. He doesn't bring friends at the house. May the heaven forgive me for cursing one of his friends. 

His face crumpled as he cried silently.   I pick him up and hug him.

" Daddy is still alive? " 

The question caught me off  - guard.

I wish he is dead.  

" Charlie, stop thinking about that" I rubbed his back gently. " I'm sure he is still there" Trying to say good to my son.  

" You miss him so much? " Charlie asked.

No

"Lanie" My mom interrupts us as she opens the door and saw us. 

I feel relieved my mom is here so that I can't answer his question.

" What happened to Charlie?" She asked me looking at him.

" About his father" I said with a rolled eyes.

My mom knows why I act like that. 

" Mommy will go to the supermarket with grandma and Uncle Ted, you wanna come?" I put him down on the floor and I brought my thumb to wiped a tear off his face. Somehow, he looks sad. 

" I stay here" He said.

" I will buy two favorite chocolates for you. A big one, you want that?" I'm trying to soothe him. I don't want him to be sad all night.

His eyes lit up and he smiled " Make it 3" 

"Okay" I said with a smile. 

It's working! Thank God!

Charlie ran heading out the room and shouted "Uncle Ted!  Mommy will buy favorite chocolates for me" 

That was weird.

***

We went to the supermarket to buy vegetables, chocolates, eggs, milk, can goods, fresh meat and many more.  Minutes later, I went to the cashier area to fall in line while I'm waiting for Ric and my mom.  I felt someone hand tapped my shoulder and I turned around and my eyes widened to saw my dad. He's alive. 

" Lanie " He whispered.

" Dad is that you? " I can't believe he's actually alive! 

" I am "

" Dad! " I give him a hug and he hugged me back. 

" Dad, how come? I thought you are dead " I asked when I pulled out my head from his and face him. 

" I will tell you tomorrow if you are not busy. I'm sorry I just showed up today. I always wanted to be with you but there's someone threatening me"

" Who's threatening you? " I asked worriedly. 

" Tomorrow you will know" He embraced me again. I really miss him so much. 

"  Don't worry dad will not leave you again. I promise. Dad is here to support you " He rubbed my back gently.  I cried with joy. 

I heard a sound from someone clearing his throat. I pulled out from my dad and turned around it was Ric. I was shocked by the sight of Ric's face with anger. He immediately pulled my wrist away from my dad. 

" Stay away from her, Roger !" He raged.

" Roger? You mean that's him you're telling me about?" I asked Ric with a confused looked. 

" Yes " He said coldly looking at him. 

" Steve? " I heard my mom behind our back.  Ric and I turned around to face her with a confused look. 

" Steve?  " Ric asked

" Claudia? " I turned around to face my dad staring at her with a surprised looked. 

" How did you know each other? " Ric asked my mom. 

She didn't say she's just staring at my dad's eyes. Two of them are just starring.  A couple of minutes my mom walked towards him and hugged him.  My dad hugged him back and they started to cry.

What the?

 I was dumbfounded by them.

" Miss,  are you going to pay or not? " Older woman interrupts me and made me realize I'm the next will pay in the counter.  I turned around to apologize her then I pushed my cart.

" I'll wait in the parking lot" My mom said leaving me and Ric .

Afterwards,  Ric and I are carrying a plastic bag heading out the supermarket.  I saw my mom talking with dad outside our car. 

"How they know each other?" Ric asked confused. 

" I have no idea" I said with a puzzled expression.

We walked towards the car and my dad approached us offering his help.  Ric immediately rejected him and he walks away.

" Sorry about him dad" I said as I handed him the other plastic bag to him.

" It's okay, Lanie. I understand why he's like that" He said as he took my plastic bag.

He helped me put the plastic bags inside the car and I thank him. We say goodbye each other and we hugged again. My mom says goodbye too to him. He told us we will meet tomorrow he even invites Ric to join us. Dad will text mom the venue.

We get inside the car and Ric started the engine and drove out.

"Aunt Claudia, how did you know each other?" Ric asked while watching the road.

" Steve and I were lovers in High school" She said.

My jaw dropped.

Pokračovat ve čtení

Mohlo by se ti líbit

1.1M 36.2K 61
WATTYS WINNER When her fiancé ends up in a coma and his secret mistress, Halley, shows up, Mary feels like her world is falling apart. What she does...