Lone Wolf || Tyrion Lannister

By AngelicTrickster

Her hair was kissed by fire, but ice ran through her veins. Poised was her demeanor, hidden was a mighty howl... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty Seven
Chapter Twenty Eight
Chapter Twenty Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty One
Chapter Thirty Two
Chapter Thirty Three
Chapter Thirty Four
Chapter Thirty Five
Chapter Thirty Six
Chapter Thirty Seven
Chapter Thirty Eight
Chapter Thirty Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty One
Chapter Forty Two
Chapter Forty Three
Chapter Forty Four
Chapter Forty Five
Chapter Forty Six
Chapter Forty Seven
Important Notice
Important Notice

Chapter Seven

7.2K 229 32
By AngelicTrickster

Her eyes widened as her entire body stiffened. Seven hells, Anari couldn't be caught with a sword, least of all by someone who is not family. However, she kept her composure despite her initial shock. "Lord Baelish," she greeted, her voice surprisingly even despite the flicker of fear that coursed through her.

"Forgive me, I should have knocked," Lord Baelish replied, bowing his head lightly. He left the door open slightly as he walked further into the room. Lord Baelish eyed the blade in her hands but didn't comment on it. There was a reason he sought her out, once more, his clever mind worked to see how he could use her. So far, everything was starting to fall into place. All he needed to do was to wait for the right moment.

For now, Lord Baelish was going to keep up his ruse and continue his pursuit of Anari's favor. Though he kept his face neutral, so it was difficult for Anari to read what he was thinking. Backing away as he came closer, Anari turned towards where the scabbard of her sword sat.

"I hear that you and your sisters are leaving," he said. Anari dared not turn her back to him as she reached the leather. She had just been warned not to trust anyone, so she wasn't about to make the mistake of turning her back on someone she hardly knew. So, she stood at an angle, keeping him in her peripherals.

"Yes," she answered as she sheathed the blade and set it down. She once more covered it in the grey cloth before turning back to Lord Baelish. "My father wishes for us to return back to Winterfell." She gauged his reaction, wondering why he was here to see her. While they spoke those few times, she didn't understand why he sought her out at this very moment.

"A fine blade you have," he observed.

"Thank you," Anari smiled politely. She could tell he wanted to know where she got it, but Anari didn't feel the need to tell him. "What can I do for you, Lord Baelish?" She questioned. He paused for a moment, his lips twitching in a faint smirk.

"Would you care to walk with me, my Lady?" He questioned in return. Anari hesitated for a moment, and it must have shown in her eyes. "If it is true that you are leaving, I'd like to spend a few more moments in your company." He smiled. "Please," he added.

Not wanting to seem rude, Anari agreed. "Very well, my Lord," with that, Anari took his offered arm and the two left her chambers. It was silent, for a while, as Lord Baelish lead Anari to the garden area. Though, soon enough, Lord Baelish began the conversation. The last time they spoke mostly about books and about the kinds of things Anari was interested in. Lord Baelish told her a little about himself, though chose to leave out a few details or changed things around.

As they walked, Anari noticed a few people staring at them and watched as a few people whispered. It made her uncomfortable because she didn't want rumors being spread about her. Knowing that she was eligible for marriage, she thought that perhaps people would assume that Lord Baelish was trying to win her affections somehow, or be trying to court her.

She hardly knew the man, and Anari doubted her father would allow someone to try to win her affections or try to court her without speaking to both of them first. Seeming to notice her discomfort with the attention the pair was receiving, Lord Baelish patted her hand with his free one. "Don't worry about them and their words," he advised. "One must learn to ignore the gossip that is spread about them, however hard it may be."

It was sound advice, one Anari took into consideration. He was right; she shouldn't worry about what was being said about her. Anari never sought out the approval of others before, so she shouldn't concern herself with it now. "Has there been any gossip about me?" Anari questioned in curiosity.

"If you want to know, I'm not the right man to ask," he replied. "I'd ask Lord Varys if I were you, he's the spymaster around here." While Lord Baelish had spies of his own, he wasn't nearly as well connected as Varys seemed to be. Though, Lord Baelish did hear quite a few things said about the girl next to him.

All, of course, usually about her looks and the ideas some men had about being with her. Though, the more honorable men wondered if they stood a chance at marrying her. Anari nodded in return, keeping it in mind. They walked for a little while longer before Anari pulled away. "Thank you for the walk, Lord Baelish, but I should find my sisters," she smiled. "It was a pleasure to meet you."

He smiled back faintly. "Of course," he nodded. "It was a pleasure to meet you as well, Lady Anari." He let go of her arm, though he brought her hand up to press a chaste kiss to her knuckles. Offering a small smile, Anari left him to look for Sansa and Arya.

On her way to Sansa's chambers, though, Anari found herself distracted by what people were saying. Pausing and listening, Anari's eyes widened when she heard someone say that there had been a fight near one of Lord Baelish's brothels. A fight between her father and Jaime Lannister. Feeling panic and fear course through her, Anari lifted her skirts so she could run towards the market.

Just as she arrived, Anari watched as Ser Jaime rode away, his men following after him. Though, her attention wasn't on Jaime for long as she hastily made her way to her father's side. "Father!" She shouted as she swiftly knelt down on the ground, not caring if her dress was getting dirty.

She took notice of the spear shaft embedded just below his knee. His sword was not far from him as she surveyed the area. Lannister men lay unconscious, which meant that her father and his men had knocked them out during the fight. However, as she drew Ned onto her lap, she couldn't help the fear in her eyes as she looked at him.

"What have they done to you?" She questioned. "What's going on?" She didn't understand, Jory told her about her father's concerns, but never did she think anything would actually happen. Not like this. Ned grit his teeth in pain, though he relaxed minutely in Anari's lap.

Shaking his head, Ned forced himself to speak. "Don't trust the lions, none of them," he said lowly, not wanting unwanted ears to hear him. "We're not safe here." He let out a groan of pain, his hands shaking as they pressed near the wound. Gently moving her father's head from her lap, Anari sat up and kneeled where his leg was injured.

Grabbing the shaft of the spear, Anari jerked it hard in order to break it. Ned let out a shout of pain, though he clenched his jaw shut. He knew it needed to happen, and, despite the pain, he was proud that his daughter knew how to tend to this particular wound. Slowly easing up his leg, Anari looked to her father.

"Do it," he gritted. Both of them took a bracing breath as Anari pulled the spear from his leg. Ned panted roughly, fighting the urge to cry out in pain as it was removed. Turning, Anari searched the ground for a sword or knife when she saw him.

"Jory," Anari gasped. He lay on the ground, a knife protruding from his eye. Moments ago, he was promising that he'd keep himself and her father safe. Shaking her head to focus, Anari grabbed a fallen sword, Anari began cutting away at the hem of her dress. She didn't care if she ruined it; she could make more herself later.

Quickly, Anari moved back over to where her father layed and tied the fabric tightly above the wound. She cut off another strip to tie over that one. The faster she stopped the bleeding, the better off her father would be. Maester Luwin had taught her a few things, but she was out of ideas to help her father.

Drawing him back onto her lap, Anari looked around at those who stood by, watching with concern. "Get the Maester!" She ordered, her voice wavering slightly. "Someone get the Maester!" It was like holding Bran after his fall, as Ned lay in her lap. He was still awake, but he was clearly in a great amount of pain.

When Maester Pycelle arrived with a few members of the City Watch, Anari almost found herself reverting back to the state of shock she was in when Bran fell. However, she forced herself to overcome it as she allowed Maester Pycelle to administer Milk of the Poppy so as not to make Ned's transportation painful.

Anari stood and followed them. Her hands were bloody from his wound and her dress was torn at the bottom from where she messily cut it off in order to stop her father's wound from bleeding. Maester Pycelle treated Ned's wound and ensured it wouldn't fester once they had gotten to his hall. Anari was unsure of what to do while Ned was asleep, so, she went to Septa Mordane.

She confided in the woman her fears and admitted she had no idea what she was to do. Mordane calmed her and assured her that she would get help. Her Septa guided the distraught young woman to the basin in Ned's chamber and helped her wash her blood-stained hands. Seeing the blood, Anari's hands trembled, knowing it was her father's.

Mordane told Anari who was still left of her father's guard and who was next in command after Jory. Being reminded of Jory, Anari's first order was to have the bodies of Jory and the other guards sent back to Winterfell to be buried properly.

With her father asleep and in recovery, Anari had no choice but to step up as the oldest of her family in King's Landing. While Anari was scared, she did her best; she also saw to it that her father's last order was carried out. Guards were to be stationed in front of their rooms and were to follow all the girls around.

This attack made Anari wary of trusting anyone. While it was Jaime Lannister who attacked her father, Anari wasn't sure if he was acting alone. So, she warned her sisters to be on their guard. Though, when Anari was not securing her family's safety, she was at her father's bedside. Her fear had prompted Anari to hide a dagger under the sheets.

That way, should she need it, Anari would be prepared if something were to happen. Though, under her fear, Anari was angry. How dare anyone lay a hand on her father, to her knowledge, he had done nothing wrong. Her father only wanted to do what was right and what was honorable.

Anari sat vigil at her father's bedside, her eyes watching anyone who entered that wasn't family closely. Mordane knew better than to try and get the girl to leave the room, so she had food sent there so she could eat. The scene reminded her of the aftermath of Bran's fall, the way Anari refused to leave their side, even to sleep.

A day after the attack, Robert and Cersei entered Ned's chambers. Immediately, Anari stood up, curtsying in greeting. "Your Grace," she greeted.

"No need for that," Robert waved the girl off. Considering the situation, Robert didn't care about formalities. He'd rather speak to her as an equal, not as her King. Though, as he looked at her, he could see the worry hidden behind her carefully placed mask. Robert also noted that Anari had yet to change out of the dress she had worn the previous day.

He could also see the faint traces of blood on her hands. This poor girl looked to have been to the seven hells and back. It reminded Robert of the few times he'd seen her after her brother's fall. Even then, Anari had proved her strength, and she was proving it again now.

"Has he awoken at all?" Robert asked softly.

"No, I'm afraid not," Anari sighed softly. "Though I do not think he is near the brink of death, rest is what he needs right now." While she sounded confident, both the King and Queen could hear the worry in her voice.

"When he wakes, he deserves punishment," Cersei stated. Anari glanced at her, resisting the urge to bristle under her intense gaze.

"With all due respect, your Grace, it was Ser Jaime who attacked my father," Anari replied. "It was his men who slaughtered my father's guards before wounding him. True that I do not know the entire story, from what I observed the attack was uncalled for."

Whereas Anari resisted challenging the Queen, Cersei did not extend the same courtesy. "Your mother has taken Tyrion hostage," Cersei hissed. "How is that considered honorable?" Anari paused, as she hadn't known that her mother had taken Tyrion prisoner.

Though, knowing her parents the way she did, Anari wondered what exactly they thought was going on that prompted them to do such a thing. "

"I am sure my mother has a good reason for having done so," Anari replied calmly. "My family would never do things without a proper reason and without the best intentions." This time, Anari met Cersei's challenging gaze with one of her own.

Cersei was not going to intimidate her; the woman did not frighten Anari. The Lion stared down the Wolf, unyielding green met determined grey. "Alright, enough," Robert interrupted the tense silence between the women. Anari's gaze lingered whereas Cersei looked away first. The only reason Anari stopped staring her down was that she heard her father begin coughing.

"Father," Anari said softly, her demeanor changing entirely as she sat back down next to him. She reached out and grabbed his hand as Ned slowly woke up more. Seeing who was in the room with him, Ned cleared his throat a bit.

"Your pardon, your Grace," he rasped. Though, Ned's eyes turned to Anari, offering her a small smile. Anari returned it, squeezing his hand. Ned could tell she was worried, though he could see the obvious relief on her face.

"Do you know what your wife has done?" Cersei asked, the bite returning to her voice.

"She did nothing I did not command," Ned replied, his voice hoarse and dry. Letting go of his hand, Anari poured a glass of water from a clay ewer. Helping her father to sit up a little, Ned gratefully took the goblet of water and gulped it down.

"Who'd have thought she had it in her?" Robert asked, trying to lighten the mood. However, his attempts were in vain to placate Cersei's anger.

"By what right dare you lay hands on my blood?" Cersei asked. Anari's grip on Ned's hand tightened as she nearly bristled once more. Seeing and feeling her reaction, Ned squeezed his daughter's hand in the hopes of keeping her calm.

"I am the King's Hand-" He began.

"You were the King's Hand," Cersei interrupted loudly.

"I am trying to keep the peace," Ned barked back.

"You shall now be held accountable," Cersei hissed. The threat was very much unappreciated by Anari, as she nearly stood up to defend her father. However, before she could, it was Robert who spoke.

"Oh, will both of you shut your mouths?" He grumbled, his face twisted in annoyance. He wouldn't admit it, but Robert could see that Anari was beginning to lose her temper. "Catelyn will release Tyrion and you'll make your peace with Jaime."

"He butchered my men," Ned stated with disgust. Ned did not hold Jaime with high regard at all, and this attack proved to him that Jaime was one of the most dishonorable men he had ever met. He'd rather take another spear through the leg than make peace with him.

"Lord Stark was returning drunk from a brothel when his men attacked Jaime," Cersei stated. This time, Anari couldn't fight the impulse as she stood up. The chair she was seated on screeched behind her.

"That's a lie," Anari nearly snarled, her eyes hard and her voice seeping with venom. "My father is not a drunk; he would never sully himself with the company of whores."

"Isn't that how he fathered a bastard?" Cersei asked her own voice low. Anari nearly trembled with rage when she mentioned Jon. Seeing the Wolf poised to pounce on the Lion, the Stag stepped in. He didn't appreciate his wife taunting his friend and his daughter. Robert knew Cersei never fought a real fight before, and he wouldn't put it past the Stark girl to have been involved in some sort of skirmish at least once.

"Quiet, woman," Robert hissed to Cersei. Ned leaned forward and grabbed Anari's hand from where she had pulled it from his grasp when she stood up. Anari allowed her father to gently ease her back into her seat, though neither Anari's gaze nor demeanor changed as she regarded Cersei harshly.

"Jaime has fled the city," Ned stated, trying to get the attention away from Anari. "Give me leave to bring him back to justice," he didn't want Anari involved with this. Ned was in too deep to stop now, but he was going to spare Anari the burden of what he had learned. This was his fight, not hers.

Clearly, Cersei was displeased with the result of this conversation. How Robert was so quick to defend Ned and his daughter instead of siding with her. Then again, Robert was always quick to join the other side and let Cersei hang to dry. "I took you for a King,"

"Hold your tongue," Robert ordered. Honestly, she was making the situation worse.

"He attacked my brother and abducted the other," Cersei glared. "I should wear the armor and you the gown." Having lost his patience and temper, Robert's hand flew on its own accord and struck Cersei's cheek. Lowering her hand from where it rose to touch her cheek, Cersei glared at him. "I shall wear this as a badge of honor."

"Wear it in silence, or I'll honor you again," Robert threatened. Cersei nearly trembled in rage before she fled the room, slamming the door behind her. Robert huffed as he turned to face the Starks. "See what she does to me? My loving wife," he stated bitterly. "I should not have hit her," he sighed. "That was not Kingly."

"If we don't act, there will be a war," Ned said carefully. Robert glanced at Anari, though he decided to let the girl stay. She was old enough to understand, and he trusted she was wise enough to keep this conversation to herself.

"So tell your wife to return that little shit of an Imp to King's Landing," Robert replied. "She's had her fun, now put an end to it. Do you hear me? Send a raven and put an end to it." Ned knew Robert meant well, but he didn't understand the reasons as to why Catelyn took him in the first place.

Though, without proof, Ned couldn't tell Robert anything about it. "What about Jaime Lannister?" Ned questioned in return. "What about Jaime?"

"I'm half a kingdom in debt to his bloody father," Robert grumbled, frustrated with the entire situation. "I don't know what happened between you and those yellow-haired shits, I don't want to know." He waved his hand in dismissal. "This is what matters; I can't rule the kingdoms if the Starks and the Lannisters are at each other's throats, so enough!"

"As you command, your Grace," Ned replied. "With your leave, I will return to Winterfell and set matters straight." Anari squeezed her father's hand in a silent show of support. They never should have left, to begin with, if they hadn't left, then things would continue on as they were. Everything was much simpler before they left.

"Piss on that!" Robert dismissed. "Send a raven, I want you to stay." He needed Ned to stay; the Lannisters were driving him mad. "I'm the King, I get what I want." However, his anger dissipated as he looked at his friend. "I never loved my brothers, a sad thing for a man to admit, but it's true." He sighed. "You were the brother I chose," Robert stated. However, he stood from where he had perched himself at the foot of the bed. "We'll talk when I return from the hunt."

"The hunt?" Ned questioned as Robert tossed the Hand of the King badge on the bed.

"Killing things clears my head," Robert smirked. "You'll have to sit on the throne while I'm away, you'll hate it more than I do." However, before Robert could leave, Ned wanted to try and change his mind on another matter.

"The Targaryen girl," he began.

"Seven hells!' Robert hissed. "Don't start with her again, the girl will die and I'll hear no more of it." Robert pointed to where the badge was as he stared at Ned. "Put on the badge, and if you ever take it off again, I swear to the mother I'll pin the damn thing on Jaime Lannister."

With that, Robert took his leave, leaving Ned and Anari alone in silence. "Father, what is going on?" She questioned. "Tell me what happened." Ned shook his head, he didn't want her involved. It was already bad enough that Anari and Cersei were at odds with each other, he didn't want to make her more of a target than she already was. "Father, please. I want to help; I can't help if you don't tell me what's going on."

Ned hesitated, but then he decided it would be best to tell her. Not everything, but enough to where she understood what was going on. "Robert wants to kill the last of the Targaryens; there are two living in Essos. The girl married a Dothraki leader and carries his child. I don't want their blood on my hands, or on the hands of Robert, but he won't listen. That's the reason I resigned from being his Hand."

Anari nodded along in return. What harm could the Targaryens do to them now? They were all the way in Essos and the Dothraki, from what Anari could remember, thought the water to be poison. They'd never sail West, especially not to fight a war they were not part of. "Then what are we to do?" Anari asked.

"What can we do?" Ned questioned in return. Anari frowned, though she squeezed his hand as she thought.

"I support your choice, father," she said softly. "Whatever decision you make, I will stand by you." Anari's voice was firm as she spoke with confidence. "I will help where I can, too. I'll fight if-"

"You will do no such thing," Ned replied, his tone clipped. He didn't like hearing the idea of Anari fighting anyone. His words were firm and had a slightly harsh undertone which caused Anari to pause and her eyes to widen. Ned's expression softened as he squeezed her hand back. "I need you to keep your sisters safe; you can't do that if you draw attention to yourself."

"Of course," Anari nodded.

"Unfortunately, we are not as safe as we think," He needed her to understand the danger they were in, that they were not safe whatsoever in this city. "We have to play the game." Anari inhaled slowly as she nodded once more. She wanted nothing to do with the game, but now she had no choice.

By wanting to help her father, Anari had become a player. In challenging Cersei, she had solidified her position. Now, she was part of this, but whatever happened, Anari promised herself one thing. No harm would come to her family if she could help it. "If that is what it takes, then so be it."

Ned smiled fondly at his oldest daughter, she was so wise and so young. While she didn't know how the world was quite yet, Ned knew he couldn't shield her forever. And if any of his daughters were to have an important role to play in this deadly game, then it was going to be Anari.

It was a comfort, indeed, having her there. Her level head and her loyal ambition would be very helpful for whatever was to come. Ned had no doubts that all of them would need to draw strength from her. "You may be the strongest of us yet, Anari," Ned said.

Anari smiled faintly in return. "No," she disagreed softly. "You're the strongest of us." Ned nearly frowned, though he hid his reaction with a smile instead. He knew she meant well, and that she had complete and utter faith in him. However, Ned didn't think he was the strongest.

Not anymore.

~

Now that Ned was on the mend, Anari was told to return to her duties. As much as she'd like to remain at her father's side, she knew it was for the best. After all, she had a new task, a new charge that she took very seriously. Now that she knew that the Lannisters were a serious threat and that there were people in King's Landing that had ill intentions for her family, Anari knew what she had to do.

She had to play the game. She had to join the other players on the board in order to ensure her family was safe. Anari didn't take this charge lightly, and she made a personal vow to ensure she would do whatever it took to ensure her sisters and her father were okay.

That being said, though, Anari was not at all adverse from joining Arya in a lesson with Syrio. Holding a sword and working through her frustrations had always been an outlet for her, had always relaxed her. However, Anari could see that the events that transpired weighed on Arya. Anari wished she could tell her sister that everything was going to be alright, but she didn't want to lie to the girl.

Anari wasn't sure what was going to happen, and she didn't want to put false hope in her sister's hearts. However, that didn't mean she wasn't going to try and keep them in good spirits. The stronger they all were, the better all of them would do. "It's alright," she whispered to her sister, smiling reassuringly.

Arya had trouble returning it, but she drew comfort from her sister nonetheless. If Anari wasn't too upset over the ordeal, then perhaps it really would be alright. After all, Anari was the one who had the most sense out of all of them. Soon enough, Syrio entered the room, shutting the door behind him.

Wordlessly, he turned to them and tossed them their swords. The sisters caught the wooden swords easily, though Syrio could tell their hearts weren't in it. However, that didn't deter him as he stood in his fighting stance, raising his sword to point at the sisters. Despite Anari's words of comfort, Arya just wasn't feeling up to training.

"I don't want to practice today," she mumbled, which caused Anari to sigh quietly. Her shoulders slumped slightly, though she flexed her fingers on the wooden sword nonetheless. While she may not be completely in it, Anari still wanted to do something to take her mind off of the events.

"No?" Syrio questioned, glancing between them. He had heard there had been some sort of trouble involving their father, and he figured the girls would be more willing to distract themselves with a spar session.

"They killed Jory," Anari replied, her voice soft. While she wasn't as close to him as Robb, Theon, and Jon were, Anari considered him a friend. Jory was a good man, and she knew she could trust him. It made her feel odd, knowing she had spoken with him for the last time. She had gifted him with a kiss on the cheek for luck, and he had died moments later. "Our father is hurt." She continued.

While Anari had a little more tact in how she spoke, Arya did not. She had no issue voicing what she truly felt as she looked back at her training master. "I don't care about wooden swords," she said, her face twisted with frustration. Arya knew that she wasn't being told everything and that Anari knew more than she was letting on.

It was frustrating that she was purposefully kept in the dark. While she was young and impulsive and made silly choices, Arya wasn't stupid. Just like Anari, Arya was strong in her own right. "You are troubled," Syrio nodded in return.

"Yes," Anari answered. "We are."

"Good!" Syrio beamed, not deterred one bit by their attitudes. "Trouble is the perfect time for training." At their slightly confused expressions, he merely smiled wider, lowering his sword. "When you are dancing in the meadow with your dolls and kittens, this is not when fighting happens." He continued.

Arya's face twisted at the prospect of playing in a meadow. "I don't like dolls and ki-" Arya was cut off when Syrio raised his sword and hit her on the arm. Anari's eyes widened as she glanced at her sister. Using her distraction to his advantage, Syrio engaged Anari. She tried to back away, but she ended up getting hit as well.

"You are not here," he admonished. "You are with your trouble." He shook his head as he regarded the sisters. "If you're with your trouble when the fighting happens..." he trailed off, easily predicting Arya's attempt at fighting back. He quickly and easily countered it and knocked her to the floor.

With his attention on Arya, Anari moved in to engage him in return. Syrio pivoted and parried her strike, twisting around her and knocking her back once more. Anari fought to keep her balance, nearly toppling over. With a small grin at his students, Syrio pointed the tip of his sword at the sisters.

"There will be more trouble for you," he continued. "Just so, how can you be quick as a snake?" He questioned as he engaged them both again once Arya got up from the floor. After parrying and blocking their strikes, he continued speaking. "Or be as quiet as a shadow if you are with your trouble?"

While neither of the sisters was up to sparring, they soon began to enjoy themselves. It was so easy to focus on the lesson and forget what was happening outside of the room they were in. Anari managed to block one of Syrio's strikes, twisting to dodge another.

"You are fearing for your father?" He asked with a small hum. When both of the sisters nodded in return, he nodded once back. "Do you pray to the gods?"

"The old and the new," they replied at the same time.

"There is only one god," Syrio replied. "His name is Death." His eyes danced with excitement and mischief as he regarded the girls carefully. He was no fool, he knew the two not only needed reassurance but that by teaching them this, it would make them better warriors. The girls had a lot of potential, and Syrio felt honored to be the one to help them hone their skills.

He could see the fight in them, the strong will and spirit that flowed through them. He could see it best in Anari, her stormy wolf eyes. They danced with cleverness and wisdom, but also fire and fierceness that could only come from a wild and untamable wolf. Yes, Syrio would ensure that the girls took this lesson to heart.

"There is only one thing we say to Death," Syrio continued, a grin teasing the corner of his lips. "Not today." With that, he helped Arya to her foot and tossed her sword back to her. In one fluid motion, the three continued their spar, a new vigor ignited within the sisters as they blocked and parried, dodging and striking the way they were taught.

Anari lost herself within the movements, feeling her body flowing so effortlessly and easily. Her skirts were no longer a hindrance, as she had long learned how to spar with the material. Syrio noted with pride that her strikes held power, and the man held no doubts that should the time come, Anari Stark would be a force to be reckoned with the moment a sword was thrust into her hand.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

109K 4.7K 70
❝𝒢𝓇𝑒 π“Œπ‘’ 𝒻𝒢𝓁𝓁𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝓁𝒾𝓀𝑒 π“ˆπ“ƒπ‘œπ“Œ π‘œπ“ƒ 𝓉𝒽𝑒 π’·π‘’π’Άπ’Έπ’½βž Nymeria doesn't belong anywhere. She's out of place and if she's not careful, s...
1.6M 59.8K 114
A daughter born admits snow with ice in her eyes and fire in her heart A son born admits flames with fire in his eyes and ice in his heart The union...
11.7K 284 57
In the land of Coveyland, where the shadows of the tragic ending of House Song looms large, rises the resilient heir, Aida Song. Orphaned at a tender...
168K 3.9K 37
Where in the eldest child of the Silver Prince survived the Sack. And she was a dragon, and her flames burned hotter than the sun. And she would shak...