Be Your Everything

بواسطة wallxflowxer

He tangled his hand in the tips of my hair and rested his chin on the top of my head, "You don't always have... المزيد

Chapter One: Moody
Chapter Two: Family
Chapter Three: Goody Two Shoes
Chapter Four: Tutors
Chapter Five: Concerned
Chapter Six: The Boogy Man
Chapter Seven: I Know a Cute Couple When I See One
Chapter Eight: A Bit of Heart Break
Chapter Nine: Three-Pointers & Rambling
Chapter Ten: Detention? Ugh.
Chapter Eleven: Stuck In The Storm
Chapter Twelve: Perfect
Chapter Thirteen: Snow & Ice
Chapter Fourteen: Everlasting Smiles
Chapter Fifteen: Mickey D's at Midnight
Chapter Sixteen: Being Helpful
Chapter Seventeen: Bruises
Chapter Eighteen: So Many Kisses
Chapter Nineteen: Again
Chapter Twenty: Just Not A Good Day
Chapter Twenty-One: Surprise Surprise
Chapter Twenty-Two: Prom?
Chapter Twenty-Four: The Night
Chapter Twenty-Five: The Day
Chapter Twenty-Six: After
Chapter Twenty-Seven: Alive, Barely
Chapter Twenty-Eight: Always There
Chapter Twenty-Nine: Rules Were Made To Be Broken
Chapter Thirty: Anxious
Chapter Thirty-One: What Am I Going To Do?
Chapter Thirty-Two: Love You, 'Night.
Chapter Thirty-Three: Bad Luck
Chapter Thirty-Four: A Long Night
Chapter Thirty-Five: Chimichanga!
Chapter Thirty-Six: Home Sweet Home
Epilogue: My Everything
He Stole My Bandana (So I Stole His Heart) Preview!
Surprise: Please Read!

Chapter Twenty-Three: Dazed and Red-Faced

11.8K 275 66
بواسطة wallxflowxer

Chapter Twenty-Three:

Dazed and Red-Faced

____________

Thursday came bright and early. The day before game day, and as I found out before, there are big events going on today. For the school newspaper, Emma and I (she's my new partner) are going to be taking pictures of the pep rally and writing an article on how we think we'll win. I have no doubt that we have the cat in the bag in this game, but every time I've started to oat before a game, I lost.

So I'm trying hard not to.

I got dressed for school in a dark purple shirt and a pair of capris with flip flops for the warm weather. My hair was pulled back into a ponytail that reached past my shoulder blades.

Texting Cameron and telling him I'll see him at school, I rushed downstairs to eat breakfast with Matt before my mom can take him to school. He's said he feels better after resting for the one day and now he's ready to go to school to get his missing work. He has to miss tomorrow since my mom is taking him to his doctor in Tennessee. Yes, that far away. It's several hours away from here which is why my mom and dad are taking off work and going right after work this evening. I'll have the house to myself after school. Mom wants to make sure it's nothing serious so she decided to go all out for this. She's not taking any chances. I guess I don't blame her, but I wish it wasn't so far away.

So I'm on my own tomorrow. All day pretty much unless I spend it with Cameron and then go to the game with Emma, which I'm very much considering.

"Bye, Matty." I grabbed him up into my arms and kissed his head before I darted out the door.

At school I found my friends and boyfriend in the usual spot. And I was told some news that Cameron knew I wasn't going to agree on.

"I can't skip school." I told him as we walked down the hallway. He had my books in his arms so I wouldn't have to carry them while his were stuffed in his bag. I already tried and failed to get them back from him until I said yes to this whole pre-game ritual. They only do it before Championship games every year and only the players and their girlfriends or really close friends can come. That's why I've never heard of it.

I may have been the MVP for a little while on my basketball team when I played, but that doesn't make me popular. It didn't make me popular, clearly.

"It's a simple bonfire, Sophia. It's at the same beach we went to on our date and plus, I'll be there with you. It's one half day of school you'll be missing. Attendance doesn't count until next year, when we're seniors." He smiled down at me with a huge crooked grin stretched across his flawless face. It amazed me that I had a guy like him in my life.

"I don't know, Cameron. Emma and I were going to take pictures if the pep rally and everything." I reasoned with him. The last thing I wanted to do was go to a bonfire with a bunch of kids from school. I mean, it's not that I don't like any of them, but I don't know them. And half of the guys on the team have never even taken the time to learn my name and we've been classmates since kindergarten.

"The pep rally is right after lunch. So, whenever the pep rally's done, we'll leave which is the same thing everyone else is doing because the basketball players have to be at the pep rally. Sound good?" Cameron continued to talk enthusiastically about the idea even when we got to Mrs. Foster's class.

Cameron had been doing so well in this class now after I'd started tutoring him. You'd think that me now being his girlfriend would make him not want to work as hard, but I make sure he does. I go over this stuff with him right before a test. Because he usually doesn't pay attention during class, I have to pound the information into his brain before a test every time just about.

"Maybe. I don't want to miss school. Make up work sucks." I told him as I took my books from his hands and sat down at my desk. He sat down on the top of the desk beside me - which wasn't his by the way - and continued to look at me like he was planning to take me with him. The girl that usually sat there strayed away to one of her friends while her desk was occupied by Cameron's butt.

"It's only half a day since you're leaving after lunch." He stuck his bottom lip out this time to try and get me to agree. He dropped down to his knees and put his hands together on my desk. I sighed heavily, "I'll think about it." It was pretty much already decided for me.

"Yes!" He cheered and put his hands in either sides of my face and pressed his lips to mine roughly before walking back to his seat. He left me dazed and red-faced.

Lunch came quickly and past, leaving just the pep rally to tend to. Emma and I grabbed camera's and a notepad to take in all of our surroundings once the pep rally began. Emma took the liberty of writing down the events and describing the small details, something I couldn't do under pressure. I could take pictures, though. The pressure were both under is the while deal with Cameron and Adam wanting Tobago to this party-type-thing. I was still wary about the while idea. I knew my parents were leaving this evening after work so they'd wondering where I was if they got home and I wasn't there.

"What do you think about that pre-game party?" Emma asked me as we followed behind some of our classmates to get to the gym. I shrugged my shoulders at her question, "I don't really want to skip. I'm too innocent." Emma chuckled and agreed that she was also.

"I guess they'll just have to drag us out." I laughed lightly with Emma at her statement. That's exactly what Cameron would do if I said no.

I had my backpack with me, so if that was to happen, I'd at least have my homework fort first classes of the day.

"Hello, ladies." Adam spoke from behind Emma and I. I felt his arm rest over my shoulder and glanced over to see he was doing the same with Emma. He had both his arms draped around our shoulders and was walking with us towards the gym. He had his jersey on and was sporting a wide smile. I took the opportunity to snap a picture of this moment. In the picture, you could see most of Adam's face with a giggling Emma right beside him. I knew Emma would love to have that picture, so I made a mental note to keep it for her.

"Hey, Adam. Where's Cameron?" I asked him. He carefully took his arms off both of us and grabbed a hold of Emma's hand while we waited to get through the gym doors. Apparently the whole school was at this pep rally.

"He's in the locker room. I can here to deliver a message to the two of you." He told me. Emma perked up and I looked at Adam expectantly.

"What?" I asked him.

"Cam wants you to know that you have to be at the gym's back doors by the time the team leaves the gym." He said and pursed his lips out of boredom.
I narrowed my eyes.

"And what if I don't?" I challenged. Emma smiled between Adam and me.

"Well, you'll have to find out. But if I were you, I wouldn't try." He winked at me before turning and leaving a lingering kiss on Emma's cheek. Her cheeks turned a shade of pink.

In the gym, no decorations were up because they'd just have to be taken right back down after the rally. But, there were pictures of the senior basketball players for both girls and boys. I saw Danielle's pictures pasted on a round paper basketball and taped to the wall along with other girls' from the team and some boys.

Emma and I sat down at the very bottom of the bleachers so we could get good shots and good views. Theist thing we wanted to do was travel up and down the crowded bleachers just to get a quick picture or ask a player a question.

"You could always interview Adam later. Then you'll have the interview part down." I told Emma as we waited for the players to come barging in. The band was playing loudly and it was hard to even think with the melodic music bouncing off the walls. Not to mention all the kids rambling all around us.

"Okay. Could you do Cameron, too? So we'd have another player?" She asked me hopefully. I nodded eagerly, "As long as you take some pictures at the beach -if we go." She smiled and nodded her head in agreement.

I began to snap pictures of the band in action, kids taking their seats, and the paper basketballs taped to the walls with seniors' names on them.

Then I heard cheering and looked in the opposite direction to see the boys team jogging out of the locker room. Most of them had on jeans or khaki short with their jersey's and basketball shoes on. The girls' all stars team was sitting on a bench observing the whole thing. Usually their games lasted through half of summer so the pep rally was only a quarter for them.

I snapped pictures of the guys running up and down the court shooting baskets and smiling and laughing and giving one another high fives. I smiled widely when I saw Cameron make a three-pointer. His eyes roamed the gym until they landed in me. I waved at him and gave him a thumbs up. He had a ball stuck between his hip and his arm and was smirking at me. I saw it as the perfect time for a picture. So I took one before he could move. He shook his head and smiled at me.

After the principal gave his little speech of how proud he was of the team this year for making it to the championships, a few meme bees of the team gave one also. I didn't expect Cameron to.

I noticed everyone leaving and made my over to Emma since she was taking notes from some of the players. I handed her the camera so she could take pictures at the bonfire. She gave me the note pad so I could interview Cameron later on.

"Hey!" I heard someone call out behind me. I turned around and was caught off guard when I was lifted off the ground. Cameron's arms were wrapped around my legs, right under my butt, and he had me against him. I felt my cheeks turn red from this PDA.

"Put me down." I said calmly. He let me slide down till my feet touched the floor and grinned at me.

"Ready?" He asked me. I sighed.

"Yeah, but I have a lot of work to do and I don't like skipping. I did once with you and that wasn't so bad but I still don't want to do it because I'll-" He leaned down and kissed me roughly on the lips and pulled back, only leaving me wanting more.

"Change your mind?" He asked, his forehead pressed to mine. I smiled - I couldn't help it.

"Emma! We have a party to go to." I called over my shoulder.

We all drove over in Cameron's truck, Emma and I had to share the middle seat while Adam sat in the passenger seat and Cameron drive. They insisted on only taking one car. We'd have to come back to get Adam's afterwards.

"I have to be home before my mom and dad, okay?" I told Cameron. I pressed myself closer to him so Emma and I weren't squishing each other.

She was fine with being squished against Adam, I could tell.

"Okay. You'll have to remind me when."

"What do you do at these parties?" Emma asked in general.

Adam spoke up, "we usually sit around a bonfire and tell stories, ghost stories, and play games. Some of the guys throw footballs back and forth or go swimming since we always do it at Mountain beach." He explained.

"Sounds like fun," I cut in. It seemed to not take near as long as it did when Cameron and I were going alone. Probably because we had more people to chat with.

We finally arrived at the beach and a lot of cars were already parked along the grassy parts before the sand starts. I jumped out on Cameron's side and waited beside him as he grabbed something off the back of his truck. It was a brown wool blanket.

"We'll need this later." He informed me. I nodded my head and walked close behind him towards the big bonfire they already had set up.

Adam and Emma were already over at the fire. Emma's eyes were darting around to look for anyone she was friends with. I felt the same as her. Even though I'm as nice as I can try to be to everyone I meet, I don't have a lot of friends at school. It doesn't really bother me, though.

Logs were placed all around the huge fire for people to sit on. This place was farther down than the place Cameron and I were at just the other day so it makes sense that I didn't see it before.

"Wanna play some football with us?" Adam asked Cameron and me. Cameron looked at me expectantly.

"Sure."

*

"Okay, so who wants to play Truth or Dare?" A girl from the cheerleading team asked. She was really nice to everyone, and a bit of a ditz.

We had all tossed a football back and forth and wrestled with one another all afternoon. It was really great and I had so much more fun than I thought I would. No one was saying anything about me - at least not out loud. I tried not to ponder in that thought for long.

"Okay," I said aloud. No one was objecting. I snuggled deeper into the blanket Cameron had wrapped around my shoulders. I was sitting on one of the logs they had laid out in the sand and Cameron was sitting crossed legged in front of me. The fire was warm, but I was still cold in the sun set for some reason.

I had also called my mom and told her Cameron would be bringing me home later tonight. She said it was okay, which surprised me. She and my dad were leaving with Matt in a little bit. Not very many people were left now. Some had curfews and some just got tired and left. A lot of seniors we left and plus Adam and Cameron, two of the three juniors left.

"What happens if you chicken out?" Someone else asked. I had the feeling it wouldn't be very good.

"Then that person has to..." The girl had a thoughtful look on her face.

"C'mon, Sarah. Pick something!" Someone called out playfully. So, her name was Sarah. How did I not know her name from school?

"Okay, okay," she said, "whoever doesn't do the dare or truth, has to take an item of clothing off. Sound good?" All around the fire, guys cheered. Some girls did, but mostly guys. I glanced down at Cameron and noticed he was grinning from ear to ear. I had one thought it my mind. I had to do all the dares people threw at me.

"Can I pick who starts?" An all too familiar voice said. Her voice was distant, but she came into view a short few seconds later.

Danielle Pierce stood in the light of the bonfire. There was a blonde headed, muscly boy standing beside her, their hands laced together. I stared for a moment. Her smirk got too much for me and I looked away. Since when did she have a boyfriend... that was from the school we were versing tomorrow?

"Uh... sure." Sarah said. She scooted over on her log to make room for Danielle and the guy to sit down.

"Thanks. This is Levi. He plays for the Tigers." Yes, the team we were versing tomorrow. Of course she'd bring him here. Levi smirked and I could already tell that he wasn't a nice person. They were perfect for each other.

"Okay, so, back to truth or dare? I get to pick." Danielle said. Everyone was silent. Cameron leaned his head back against my leg and I wished he hadn't. Danielle caught the movement out of the corner of her eye and looked at me, a grin spreading across her lip stick covered lips.

"I want Sophia to go first. Truth or dare?" She asked me. I felt my heart pick up. This could either be really bad or... who am I kidding? Of course it would be bad. It was Danielle we were talking about.

So, I picked the one option that I knew might embarrass me less. If I picked truth, she could come up with some embarrassing secret from middle school and announce it to these people I was just beginning to really enjoy being around. If I picked dare, the only thing I'd have to watch out for was some date that made me want to curl in a ball and hide...

"Dare." I said with less confidence than I wanted. I felt Cameron stiffen against my legs and he pulled his head up. He didn't look up at me but I already knew he was wary.

"Perfect!" Danielle said cheerfully, "I dare you to kiss the person to your left." I instantly looked to my left to find Adam perched on the log. He stared at Danielle with a shocked face and then looked at me. He gave me an apologetic look.

I shook my head. How does Cameron feel about that?

"She doesn't have to do that." Cameron spoke up for me. He pushed himself up and sat between Adam and I.

"Fine. Then she has to take a piece of clothing off." Danielle said bitterly. I rolled my eyes and bent over to jerk a flip flop off my foot. I sat down beside me on the log.

"Your turn," Sarah told me.

"Um... Emma. Truth or dare?" I asked quietly. This was definitely not my place.

"Truth." She answered a second later. I thought of something simple and easy, not embarrassing.

"Is it true that you have never been to a real party before?" I asked her. It was totally pathetic. Boo's erupted from random people's mouths and I frowned.

Emma gave me a relived smile, "that's true."

The game went on for a while. It was finally down to Danielle again and she had fire behind her eyes. But her gaze wasn't directed towards me. It was my shirtless boyfriend who was sitting beside me, one arm loosely hanging around my waist.

All around me people had 80% of their clothes off. I had managed to not get picked thankfully. The dares these kids came up with were all nearly impossible so they had no choice but to strip. Emma even had her jacket and shirt off, leaving her in a thing tank top.

"Cameron, truth or dare?" Danielle smirked. I looked down at my hands. The moment she set foot on this beach was the moment I knew I was not going to have a good evening. And I was right.

"Dare." He replied in a challenging tone. Danielle glanced at me for a moment before looking back at Cameron.

"I dare you to kiss me... for one whole minute." She said triumphantly.

_______________

So cliché right? I had writers block for the truth or dare part. I originally had another game planned but I didn't know what all to do with it and decided, hey, truth or dare is kind of perfect.

Thanks guys!

واصل القراءة

ستعجبك أيضاً

45.9K 654 31
Alice- Alice is one of the most shy girls in her high school. When a popular boy named Kendall meets her for the first time, they both find love at f...
24.9K 744 29
I quickly rushed over with my hands ready to catch Yesha the same time as they stepped back, when she dropped in my hand I gave her a smile. "Thanks...
59.6K 1.6K 27
UNEDITED! "We're just friends, Cam." his eyes go to the left and he avoids my gaze. I walk up to him and he immediately looks up to my eyes, flickeri...
Facing the Kings بواسطة D.G

قصص المراهقين

108K 3.2K 20
"With his death I nearly met mine. Till revenge told me to behead the King." Cameron Martinez, an unnoticed girl who lives in Chicago which seems to...