The Jela Mueseum

Autorstwa kingspeterandcarter

It is absolutely awesome and very, very interesting and suspenseful. It is a tale about a young boy of 17 nam... Więcej

Prologue
Chapter 2
Chapter 3

Chapter 1

33 1 0
Autorstwa kingspeterandcarter

ᘀ William ᗽ

The giant came lumbering toward me which was rare because giants were kept in their valleys by the battalion to defend the country. But this giant, it looked a lot different than most giants. It was bigger, dumber and had a more of a ruthless look on its face.

I remember I was exercising the horses when the giant came. I was on Altivo (my horse) when I heard a thundering of slow steps coming from the Dones Forest. I looked up and saw a massive giant walking toward me.

Instantly paralyzing fear shot through me. Altivo sensed my fear and started running to the house. The dogs saw the giant as well and bolted to the house, barking like crazy.

I had a funny feeling in me that the beast had come for me but I didn't know why.

I shook my head, trying to get rid of the thought, of course, he isn't here for me. He just got lost. Besides, runaway giants end up in farms all the time, don't they?

When I got to the barn I put Altivo in his stall and locked it. I quickly went around to make sure each stall was locked firmly and after, I firmly locked the barn.

I looked up, now close so I could get a better view of the giant and studied his face.

The giant was definitely not a pretty sight. He had a huge scar down his face where his left ear should have been "Okay so it's deaf" I thought. With such dirty skin, you would think he had just climbed out of a bog. He had lost at least half his teeth and had a swollen left eye. He had bruises and cuts all over but what was most distinguishable was the malevolent grin spread across his face. I was armed with my sword and I ran up and cut its leg. It roared in pain and lifted it's massive, dirty grimy foot.

"Holy crap! My feet aren't even that dirty after I've been working all day in the swamp" I thought.

I was thinking about its feet so much that I didn't realize that its feet went up and what goes up must come down. I ran under a big tree right when the giant's foot came in contact with the ground right where I was standing. As I was planning my next move, a man in a black, shiny armor of dragon skin came on a huge horse and picked me up by my shirt, through me over his shoulder and galloped off.

I was able to jump off and start running toward the house but then the giant picked me up and as I was going up my head hit a long tree branch and knocked me out.

I woke up. I was in some sort of cage. The room had a very strong smell of sewer and the walls were black brick.

I gulped, realizing where I was- the sewers of Chiclet, Eblene.

I heard some footsteps and then a voice.

"Is he awake?" the voice said.

"W-well, I h-heard some n-noises coming, so maybe," said another, more cowardly voice.

"He'd better be." said the first voice.

The footsteps began again and came closer and then the clanking of chains as the door opened.

I looked up and saw a huge burly man, with a full beard and brown hair. He had big arms and a huge sword- the largest I have ever seen.

"Hello, William." the man said, sinisterly. "I'm Hunter Ejele."

I gasped as he said this. He was Hunter Ejele, the most wanted criminal in Arcis and is one of the very few descended from the בארלו (Barlow) family heritage, so, therefore, immortal. He has trapped hundreds of thousands of men and women all over the world, never to be seen again.

"Now I know that you are a very skilled archer and you are very determined so we would never be able to actually keep you imprisoned, William." he continued. "But I also know that you love your family very much."

"Yes," I answered.

"Now I hardly ever do this but I'm willing to make a deal," he said. "Will you be willing to bargain?"

"What's the deal?" I answered.

"I can't tell you that," he answered.

"Then no deal," I said.

"Well, that's a shame. I really didn't want to kill your family," he said, disappointed.

"What!? You never said anything about that. If it's about that then yes! Yes, I will bargain!" I answered, hastily.

He smiled. "Good."

"Now what do I have to do?" I asked.

"Come with us without a fight and your family will be safe," he answered. "Don't and your family will die."

"I will come with you without a fight, on one condition," I said. "If I can see my family one more time before I go."

"I will allow that," he answered.

He grabbed his sword and hit the hilt of it over my head.

***

Tears. Crying. Goodbyes. That is all I remember about my family. The family I had protected. The family I had cared for. The family that raised me. The family I loved. Gone. All gone. Gone... forever.

They were ripped from me by a man that goes by the name of Hunter Ejele. I hated Hunter Ejele ever since then. I know that he kidnapped two of my friends. I do not know where they went. My friends were always there for me. Was I always there for them? People had told us through the streets of Chiclet that I was always the leader out of the three of us.

I have been fighting for my life. Always fighting. But that doesn't change the fact that I have to introduce myself. My name is William Harris. My friends' names are Liam Wilson and Aaron Robinson. Both of them were taken by Hunter Ejele. I have 13 siblings. I lived in Chiclet, Eblene before I came here. My old dream was to become one of King Isaac Carlsson and Queen Charlotte Carlsson's best archers.

That dream was massacred by Ejele. I had to get out of here. Though that hope had dwindled because even the best archers (including Louis H. Bryant) couldn't. They were trained for combat and stealth. They were also a lot older. I was just 16 and definitely not trained for combat.

The museum was well protected with guards on all exits. Every exhibit was guarded and even the snack bar has guards around it. Apparently, they thought we would buy a sandwich with the money we don't have and eat it as we try to break out. At first, I thought that was silly you know the thought of breaking out but the longer I'm here the more I realize how desperate people here are to get out.

I remember being very surprised when I found out that there more people here. I thought I would be the only person here. I was very wrong. There were nearly 50 people here.

I met two boys who were about the same age as me and very nice, which was hard to be, so we quickly became friends. They were very unique people and very different from each other. But one fact was weird about them. They both either were or wanted to become an archer in their country's battalion. And they claimed that all the people they met so far did, too.

Their names were Ettan Cannore and Jackson Brooks. Ettan was an Ecomasian while Jackson was a Bolbanian. They were really easy to get along with and our friendship strengthened. Though they would never be my friend as good as Aaron and Liam were. I told them all of my troubles. They did the same to me.

Ettan had been a zoologist before he came here, Jackson had been an archer which made him my living hero.

Then we started planning. Planning to get out.

We made a plan and it was a good one too. Jackson was used to this kind of thing so he made the plan. This is what was going to happen. Ettan was going to cause some sort of distraction while Jackson tried to get rid of some of the guards. My job was to get out the doors and distract the guards until everyone else got out safely.

Our plan was almost complete when it happened. Ettan and I were already out waiting for Jackson when we heard a scream. We bolted inside to see the trouble. The rest was a blur.

I remember a guard holding Jackson by the hair, a sword raised in his other hand ready to strike him down. Jackson screamed for us to go. But I couldn't. Ettan grabbed me and started for the exit. The guard raised his sword, Jackson closed his eyes ready for the sword to hit him. With my heart pounding, I pulled myself from Ettan's grip and started running to Jackson. I couldn't lose another friend.

He mouthed one word and one word only, Go. "No!", I screamed. Jackson put a determined look on his face. He said Go again and I turned and I ran.

I woke up, my back up against a tree, my head throbbing. For a second I wondered where I was. Then I remembered. We just broke out of the Jela Museum 2 days ago. We had done what nobody had done before.

At first, we tried to rent two horses but we had no money. We started scavenging for money for a bite to eat and a place to sleep. We were able to find 9 patils, 5 bekas, 2 telas, 6 gabils, and 2 retals. The cheapest inn cost 10 patil's and 5 bekas. That was why I woke up leaning against a tree.

That day was horrifying. It haunts my dreams every night. I looked down at the small basket of food we managed to buy. It was almost empty.

It was the day an innocent 29-year-old man was ruthlessly killed with no mercy. It was the day Jackson Brooks was killed.

Before I ran out of the museum though I glanced at his badge-Cadon Waters. I promised myself I would forgive him for what he did but I haven't found it yet.

I was almost to the fruit stand by now. I got out our money and bought 4 apples and 2 bananas. Then the owner of the stand smiled strangely at me.

"I got you, you little rat!" he shrieked.

"No!" I yelled as my fist pelted his face

"You can't escape child he has people everywhere, running only makes your death more fatal," he cackled while holding his eye.

I couldn't see why running away would make my death worse. But I did know one thing, those words made it worse. I pulled his knife from his belt and plunged it through the base of his neck. He screamed in agony blood flowing from the wound. I pulled out the knife and ran.

While I ran, I thought, "Oh, great! Now I'm a killer and I'm going to be captured by the sheriff, if not a Hunter of Ejele's,"

Swiftly I ducked behind the first market stall I came to. Ettan followed.

He turned to me said in a loud whisper, "We need to find somebody named Richard H. Green and quickly."

I nodded and looked around the stall. It was clearly a fruit and vegetable shop.

"Ettan go find some weapons or something useful. I'll worry about food," I commanded.

He stared at me angrily, "You're not my boss." he muttered as he sprinted out from behind the stall.

"What can I get you?" a girl's voice rang out.

I whirled around and saw a beautiful girl. "Uh, umm, well, I am actually looking for someone and I thought I could ask around."

She laughed and nodded. "Who is it you're looking for?"

"Someone by the name of Richard H. Green. Do you know him?" I replied.

A dark shadow swept across her face. "Oh, I know him all too well. I don't know where he is right now but I can help you find him in exchange for something."

"What is this something?" I asked.

"You have to help me get to my home which is in Jage, Eblene.,"

"Of course, we'll help you. We're trying to get home as well."

"Really? Okay, get ready. We leave tonight." she said.

"We'll be ready."

1 hour later

"You did what!?," hollered Ettan. "You can't do that. You just can't. How do you know she wasn't one of Ejele's men?"

"Well, first off she was just trying to find a way home. Second, yes I can, I just did and third, she's a girl, not a man." I replied.

"Oh, you know what I mean," Ettan muttered slightly flustered. "If we get caught I'll kill you."

I laughed and told Ettan that we leave tonight so we needed to get ready.

That night

"We're almost there. Hurry we're going to be late," I said to Ettan.

"What's with you? You're never like this." Ettan retorted.

"I just want to be on time for this. I want to get home." I replied, quickly. I turned just in time to see a smirk on Ettan's face disappear.

We rode to the stables where she told us to meet. Ettan was still angry by what I had done. We saw the girl standing by the stall and sped up.

When she saw us she smiled and said, "I knew you guys were coming! Are you ready?"

"We are ready," I replied a little too loudly. I pinched myself for that.

"A Hunter, they are such beautiful horses, you've got a good one there." the girl said. "What's its name?"

"Ramtec. And how did you know that it was a Hunter?" replied Ettan.

She shrugged. "I guess I just know these things. She turned to me, your horse has Hunter in it to and... Murgese?" she asked.

"Yea, his name is Granite," I said.

"Beautiful horse," she said. "My name's Annie by the way."

"Ettan Cannore," Ettan replied.

"William Harris," I said. "Nice to meet you."

"And to you," Annie replied. "This is my horse. She's a Camarque and her name is Honey."

"Wow, " I said. "Beautiful horse."

"Yea, she's iffy," Ettan followed. "Though, she's a snail compared to my thoroughbred, Hugh."

"Thanks, or would it be no thanks? I've only talked to people when selling fruit," Annie laughed.

She mounted her horse gracefully and started down the trail. We followed.

We heard from far back, "Get them! Don't let them get out of this town! I'll kill you if you fail!" Not long after we heard the pounding of what seemed like hundreds of horses riding toward us.

We looked back and sure enough, we saw twenty large black horses with hooded riders casing us like their lives depended on it. From what I had heard I'm sure they did.

Annie yelled, "Come on!", and we all turned our horses and rode as fast as we could to get away from Ejele's grasp.

Annie rode very fast, faster than both of us. She took the bow of from over her shoulder and from her pack pulled 6 arrows. She notched an arrow and stood on her horse. She aimed and shot one of the men off his horse. She did this until she had no more arrows.

She sat down and did the most surprising thing she did all day.

She turned Blizzard around and started in the opposite direction.

"Hey, Annie what are you doing? You're going to get yourself killed." I said.

"I have to get my arrows. They are the only thing that I have from my father.", she said.

I tried to talk her out of it but it was no use. She was doing it whether we liked it or not.

All I could do was go with her.

So, I drew my sword and turned around. "CHARGE!," I yelled as loud as I could.

Annie smiled and yelled, "For Eblene!!" and charged with me.

She slowed her horse to a fast canter and leaned to one side and snatched up an arrow.

After all the arrows were gathered we turned our horses and rode into the forest.

We were on our way to the famous- Swan Lake

After about a week of traveling, Annie spotted the crystal clear blue water in the distance.

We sped up.

"YES! Ettan we did it, we're FREE! Finally after all these years." I cried.

Only silence answered me. I looked at Annie there were tears streaming down her face she looked at me and bowed her head, slowly she lifted an arrow from her pack it had a short note tied to the end which read:

Annie and William,

I have gone back having received new information that they have taken my mother hostage. Do not come back, I will try to meet you at the port

Ettan.

I stopped the horse in its tracks and screamed. I hated myself. How could I be such an idiot?

"Hey, calm down," Annie tried as if she was telling herself to calm down. "Let's just go get him before he walks into the trap because I doubt that they really have his mom

"No, they have his mom and he knows it, but I agree we should go get him," I replied slowly calming down.

I sat there on my horse thinking when the arrow flew past my head leaving a thin gash along my left cheek, then a voice rang out, "If he were my friend I would let him, that Ettan really knows his stuff and if you go after him you will distract him and get you all caught,"

"Who are you?" I yelled in reply. "And how do you know Ettan?"

The moment I saw him, I knew who he was even before he answered.

"I am Robin Hood, and welcome to Sherwood Forest!" he answered.

My mouth fell open "No way. You're the Robin Hood?" I said aghast.

"The one and only,"

"How do you know Ettan?" Annie said, looking at me and realizing that I wouldn't be able to speak for a minute or two. "Boy's and their heroes," she muttered under her breath.

"Because he is one of the best archers I ever saw."

"B-but, I've never even seen him touch a bow," I said, getting my voice back.

"That is because he had to put down his dog,"

"Why?"

"It went rabid,"

"How long have you been watching Ettan?" Annie cut in.

"For about two years.," Robin Hood replied.

"That's when we broke out," I said. "How much do you know about us?"

"Well, I know that you are the first people to break out of the Jela Museum. I also know that I can get 10000 patils for your return," he said. '"And that is an option for me."

I gulped, Robin Hood could surely beat us and take us in.

"I also know where Ettan is and where his mother is," he said.

"Please tell us, Robin Hood." Annie pleaded.

"I will-" Robin Hood started.

"Thank you!" Annie said. She looked nervous as she said this.

"I wasn't finished!" he said, harshly. "I'll tell you but for a price."

"We'll give you anything," Annie said.

"Really, anything?" he said, slyly.

I nodded.

"Alright, then give me your horses," he said. "And all your money. Better also give me your food too."

"W-we can't give you are horses. Or our money and our food." I said, bewildered that he would ask for such a vital thing.

"Well then you should do as the note says and wait at the port, good day," he said musing and was gone.

I sat there stunned. I had just met the greatest archer ever and I stuttered! I was an idiot. Annie looked over at me and laughed.

"You should see your face right now it's hilarious!" she snickered.

I looked down. How could I have embarrassed myself in front of such a beautiful girl?

"We should set up camp," I said glumly.

As we were setting up camp there was some rustling in a small bush and then a flash. Annie looked at a tree branch, shook her head and continued setting up camp. Confusion spiraled through me.

After we had set up camp (which was really quick because we had nothing to set up) we started a fire and I went hunting. I caught us a big fat doe and Annie cooked part of it.

It was the tastiest deer I've ever eaten.

After that, we just sat there discussing what our next plans were. We decided that we would get up early in the morning and catch an early start. We would travel to the port which would be about 8 days travel and then we would be on the voyage home. Hopefully, Ettan would be there on time and even more hopefully, no sea monster will attack our boat.

After we had made the plan, we discussed gnomes which lead into a debate of who would win, a Gries Gnome or a Benging Hair Goblin. I thought the goblin would win because I've seen both of them in action and the goblin tore a bird apart. She thought the gnome would win.

Annie finally went to sleep, laying on my shoulder. I got up and set her down gently. I went and got some leaves and covered her. I kissed her on the forehead and said goodnight as she smiled, her face laying in the dirt, sleeping soundly. When I got up, I saw a little jewel fall out of her pocket. I picked it up and looked at it. It was a heart-shaped rock with the word Annie etched onto the bluestone. On the back, there was a little keyhole. I put it in my pocket to hold it for her until she woke up.

I walked to Swan Lake and gazed at it's beautiful, clear water. I wondered what my family was doing right now. I wondered if they were safe. I wondered about Annie's family and about Ettan's family.

After about an hour I finally went back to Annie and laid down next to her as I gazed upon all the stars. Slowly, I drifted off to sleep.

***

I woke to the smell of thyme and basil cooking, Annie was sitting at the other end of the inside of the house. House? We had gone to sleep under the stars, but here we were sitting in the kitchen of a small house with a small cooking fire and our horses making noise outside.

"William, stay quiet" Annie whispered.

"Why?"I answered. "It's comfortable."

"Oh, you're such a boy. Did you happen to realize that you're tied up?" she said, harshly.

"Oh, good point there," I answered.

"And did you notice that this house is made of candy?" she said. "I mean of all the houses we get the one made of candy and inhabited by a witch."

"Well, maybe this one isn't," I said, hopefully.

"You're locked up!" she said, almost yelling.

"Yea, good point," I said, shyly. "Sorry,"

I heard a noise from the kitchen and then a crackling voice.

"I hear voices! Is my little cuppycakes awake?" the cruel voice said. "I've got a special surprise for you!"

We both stopped breathing. Annie mouthed, "She might be blind."

A tinge of hope spiraled through me. Maybe we could get out of here!

A rustling came from outside. It scared me so bad, I almost knocked over a pan.

Annie and I quickly looked out the window, Annie was clearly startled. A boy and a girl, both armed with bows and arrows, the boy also with a sword were running into the forest.

Bewildered by what I saw, I looked at Annie and said, "Do you know who they are?"

Annie shook her head, which made me wonder more-there hasn't been one question I've asked her and she hasn't answered correctly.

The witch suddenly grabbed me and put me in a cage. She locked it and then said, "Your dinner will be served to you in half an hour."

And then picked up Annie and threw her into the kitchen, her evil-filled voice saying, "Get up, you stupid girl! Now cook the food and wash the dishes!"

A little while later, there was a knock at the front door. The witch muttered but got up to go to the door. I heard a scream and then silence.

A deep, muscular voice said, "You get the girl. I'll get the boy."

The boy I saw running into the woods came into the room. He had on a deerskin that draped over his shoulder. He was nearly twice as big as me and carried a magnificent sword. He also had a bow and arrows.

He unlocked the cage and let me out, leading me to the first room, where Annie was sitting, looking scared but unhurt.

"Are we ready to leave?" asked the girl. Her voice was very pretty but full of courage. She also had on a deer's skin and a bow and arrows and I didn't notice it before but she had a dagger, strapped to her belt.

"Yes," answered the boy, "but first we need to introduce ourselves."

He turned to us and said, "I am Hansel and this is my sister, Gretel. We need to get going."

And the journey home was started.

Czytaj Dalej

To Też Polubisz

74 1 15
All Gideon Saint wanted was an adventure. Now he's dead, Wales has fallen, his friends are in prison, and Dancer is trapped in another dimension. Dan...
473K 6.6K 51
The night after her parents death, she's forced and threatened by the Queen at the age of ten to get engaged to the princess whose father is the murd...
573 90 41
WIP Would love some Beta Readers
257 30 21
Growing up as an apprentice healer in the castle, Ilia loved listening to the stories the knight-mages told. Tales of valour and glory, adventures in...