rivals ; his selected pov's |...

By CreateTheMemories

THESE ARE SPECIFIC CHAPTERS THAT YOU, THE READERS, WANT IN COLBY'S POV FROM RIVALS. ///// Do you ever feel t... More

Rivals.
three.
four.
suggestions.
nine.
thirteen.
fourteen.
fifteen.

christmas special!

1.5K 47 39
By CreateTheMemories

merry christmas everyone! I hope you had or are having a wonderful holiday:)

as a little thank you for reading rivals, I wrote a little holiday memory of ash and Colby from highschool teehee enjoy!~

Ashlyn's POV

/////

"OKAY SOPHOMORES, I BROUGHT YA'LL CANDY GRAMS!" Screamed the senior dressed up as Santa.

I watched as my teacher nodded to the person to make it quick.

The Santa hands out and calls people's names as he gives the candy canes attached with messages.

Christmas is just around the corner, and it's the last day of school before break. I'm excited but at the same time, I also hate this time of year. Don't get me wrong, I love Christmas and the whole point of it but, my little brother died the night before it. He was just a baby, but it was such a nightmare. The Nightmare before Christmas it was, and there's a reason why I hate that movie too.

My parents get so depressed around this time of year too, so their gloom just clings onto me too.

Christmas time has just been such a touchy subject now, god I love the holidays but since his death... I just want them to past quickly now.

"And here's one for Glen Coco, you go Glen Coco!" The Santa boasts.

"Ah, six for Mr. Colby Brock, you must be popular or good with the ladies!" Santa smirks under his fake beard as he hands Colby his candy canes to the desk beside mine.

"So I've been told. I don't disappoint if ya know what I mean," Colby charmingly grins, winking. I could feel some of the girls ooing and giggling around me. You'd have to be desperate to want and take some of Brock's ass.

The Santa puts his hand on his heart, "Ladies waaatch out, oof what a man."

I roll my eyes, that douche bag would hit up every girl that he sees stand under some mistletoe.

"Man, my ass," I grumble under my breath.

"What was that, Ash?" Colby calls me out, turning to face me.

"Merry Christmas," I fake smile, leaning my hand on my hand on top of the desk.

Colby rolls his eyes and faces the Santa again and says thanks.

The Santa leaves and waves goodbye, Merry Christmas and ho ho ho's away.

My teacher begins to talk about our upcoming test after break but being the already intellectual I am, I didn't bother to pay attention.

Neither did Brock.

"Hey Neil, didn't see you getting candy grams. Why is that so? How come I got one and you didn't?" He says with fake concern, holding out his candy grams in my face.

I shrug, "I don't give a fuck, Brock. Shove them all up your ass, for all I care."

His face turns bitter, "Well someone's not in the holiday spirit."

"I'm never in the holiday spirit at this time of year," I say back, harshly.

He pokes me with one of his candy canes, "Well why not?"

I cross my arms and move myself farther away from him. "None of your business."

"You get cheated on, on Christmas? Received a bad gift? Nobody show up to your holiday party?" He gasps, "Oh wait...Are you JEWISH?"

I furrow my eyebrows at his comment, "What no. I just don't like this time of year. Or you matter of fact, so be quiet," I snap.

He leans back in his seat and smirks, "Wow what a hater you are for the holidays."

"I'm not a hater, I just don't like this time of year, jerk."

He grins, "Mhm. Kay."

/////

I went to lunch with Ellie and we sat our normal table with our friends and my sister's friends. Around this time of year, Kate and I get really close. She and I just mourn together I guess around this time of year, and it's just a depressing time for us. 

Everyone at our table doesn't know about our brother's death, besides Ellie and Kate's best friend. 

"How you feeling girl?" Ellie asks, rubbing my back.

I shrug, "I've been better." 

"Ugh, I'm sorry to hear," Ellie sighs, wrapping an arm around my shoulder.

I acknowledge her kindly, "Thanks, it's fine. First period was just so annoying." 

She tilts her head in curiosity, "How so?"

I slam my head on the table just thinking of Brock. God, I hate him so fucking much. 

"Uh... you okay?" Ellie asks, poking my side.

"She's never okay at this time of year," Kate whispers.

I groan, "Kate this is for a different reason!"

I pick my head up from the table, "It was fucking Colby again. He's such a dick!" 

Kate rolls her eyes, "Here we go again."

Ellie rests her head on her hand, "Ash, he's not that bad once you get to know him."

"Says the girl who has a crush on him," I snap, frowning.

Ellie's mouth widens in shock, "I DON'T HAVE A CRUSH ON HIM."

"Aha whatever, your crush was such an asshole. He fucking rubbed it in my face that he got six candy grams and I got none," I state, crossing my arms.

Kate slaps my shoulder, "Ash, shut up you sound like you are six."

"Hey!" I screech, "But it was even more annoying after."

Ellie nods, "Okay continue."

"After I was bitter to him, he asked why I hated this time of year or something," I deepen  my voice and exaggerate to sound like the drunk version of him, "He was all like, ohhh did someone give you a bad gift? Nobody showed up to your holiday party? OH waiitt, are you JEWISH?"

Kate starts laughing, "JEWISH HA."

Ellie smiles, "That's kinda funny."

I pout, "NO IT TWAS NOT. It wasn't his business to ask."

Kate nods, "Okay, true but you should've just told him. He would've  just shut up once he heard that our brother... died." Her tone faltered at the end, realizing what she had just said. A wave of emotion hit the both of us, more me than her.

I felt hot tears approaching, "Kate. Shut u-up." I clench my fists tightly, trying to hold it all back, but as the world kept turning, the more I wanted to burst. 

Ellie rubbed my back continuously, shushing me and calming me down like the good friend she is.

After ten minutes, I felt somewhat at ease, but then the worst thing in the world happened.

"WE WISH YOU A MERRY CHRISTMAS, WE WISH YOU A  MERRY CHRISTMAS!" 

A crowd of guys were approaching my table, singing Christmas carols and showering Me, Ellie, Kate, and some other girls sitting with pine needles and fake snow. 

Suddenly, Brock came into view re-enacting as the Virgin Mary or something, holding her new son. He had a baby boy doll in his arms and rocking him back and forth in his arms. 

Kate and I looked at each other, horrified by him, because we both knew that we didn't see baby Jesus in his arms, but our little brother. 

Just the fact that it was baby boy, made me lose it. 

Colby tossed the baby doll in the air and caught him, singing in a woman's voice, "Ohhh my baby boy! How beautiful he is!" 

He dances with the doll, swinging him by his feet and tossing him between him and his friends while singing O, Holy Night.

Suddenly some guys pick him up and Colby stumbles with the baby boy doll and drops him on his head. 

I covered my mouth in shock.

Tears automatically started streaming, and my sobs were audibly heard throughout the whole cafeteria.

Everyone freezes what they were doing and stares at me. My hands are buried in my face as I slowly stand up and run out the cafeteria. 

That inconsiderate asshole can't ever be serious.

He'll always be patronizing me!

What did I ever do to deserve such brutal embarrassment?

/////

Colby's POV

Why was she crying?

Fuck, what did I just do?

I didn't mean for her to cry, seriously.

I may love to tease and mess with her, but not make her cry.

Her sister stands up, and looks me up and down with disgust.

Kate, she's older than me since she's a senior. I'm such a dick to make her sister cry. Fuck, what have I done.

The lunchroom remains silent, as I stand uncomfortably stiff at the sudden outburst of Ashlyn. I think everyone feels uncomfortable. God, I really went too far. 

She stalks towards me, looking deep into my eyes. My body felt like it was just hardened with tar cased around it. She looks around the room for someone, everyone's eyes watching her movements carefully.

People were standing and watching this all unfold, it seemed as if nobody was breathing. It was scary quiet.

I sure wasn't breathing, I was too shocked by what I had done.

The innocence of my little scene was suppose to be funny.

Kate picks up the dropped baby Jesus doll and looks at me from it.

I could have sworn I saw a tear escape her eye. It pains me, to see a senior act this way. All the seniors at our school barely ever interact with the lower class men, or even show emotion towards them. I was intimidated by her, even in fear. 

Suddenly she draws the baby by the foot far back and slaps me in the face with it.

I clutch my cheek in disbelief at what just happened. 

Kate stares me in the eyes and chucks the baby doll to the ground.

"Listen here, you little punk," She bitterly states, poking me hard in the chest. "My family went through hell last holiday season. My sister, the one you just made cry? Want to know why it's so hard for her this time of year?" 

I stand still, too scared to move. 

Too embarrassed to say anything.  

Kate scrunches her face with pain and hurt, "Our baby brother died."

My eyes widen at the new information. 

I was such a dick. Fuck. 

"So bragging you got more fucking candy grams than her, nobody gives a fuck. She's hurting and you have the nerve to pester her on why she doesn't like the holiday season? Ashlyn said it wasn't your business. Where is your goddamn respect?" Kate states.

Pain, embarrassment, grief, regret, all wash over me for Ashlyn. 

The truth was, I had a tiny crush on her. 

I just hurt someone so emotionally, that they couldn't contain themselves. It's all my fault that I had to be such an asshole and go too far. 

I didn't even know. I want to say that, but I couldn't. 

All I had to say was a quiet, "I'm sorry." 

Kate nods, "Think before you act, kid. You'll get through life better that way."

She exits the cafeteria with Ellie trailing behind, looking for Ashlyn I assume now. 

I couldn't watch. My heart hurt too much, the realization of what I just did, destroyed me. 

I collapsed to my knees and buried my ashamed face in my lap. 

"Dude, are you okay?" Sam asks, putting a hand on my shoulder. 

The cafeteria slowly goes back to its noisy state, everyone probably whispering and gossiping about my actions.

"I need to make this right, Sam," I whisper shamefully. 

Sam nods, "I think you need to too. Why did you have to brag about the Candy Grams?"\

I shake my head, unknowing of what my problem really was. 

"I don't know, I'm a dumb ass." 

"Yeah you are," Sam scoffs, patting my back. 

I groan, "How am I suppose to say sorry now?"

He shrugs, "Well don't be a coward and say sorry through a candy gram, that'll be such a dick move."

I raise my head with an epiphany, "Actually that's a great idea."

"DUDE, I JUST SAID DON'T BE A COWARD!" Sam shouts at me, smacking my head.

I tilt my hand with annoyance, "NO. Not like that, here hold on." 

I stand up on one of the lunch tables and shout, "ATTENTION, EVERYONE!"

Sam whispers loudly to me, "PSST, dude WHAT are you doing?!" 

 "Just trust me," I retort.

"But everyone like, hates you kinda right now!" Sam mutters, frantically pulling the end of my jeans to get me off the table. 

"NO, EVERYONE HEY LISTEN!" 

People start quieting but look at me with weird and disgusted faces. 

Yeah I fucked up, but I'm going to make it right. I'm sure of it. 

"HEY YEAH EVERYBODY! I'm an asshole, as you all know. But... I'm so sorry, and I really want to make it up to Ashlyn. So please, please just listen to me so I can make this right." 

/////

Ashlyn's POV

I had my face buried in the desk at the corner of the library. 

I was sobbing the whole Pacific Ocean at one time. 

Kate and Ellie run in, finally finding me after many minutes after Colby's little stunt. 

"Ash, you should've been there to see Kate put Colby in his place!" Ellie beams, "She was great, he really got what he deserved."

Kate nods, "Yeah sis, he was so shocked it was perfect." 

I continue to cry, "I feel so embarrassed though!" 

Ellie hushes me, "No... Ash it's okay, don't be!"

"If anything, he is the one that is embarrassed right now," Kate proudly scoffs.

I smile at her remark, lifting my head farther up. 

We all chat together. They help me relax my emotions, and wash up my puffy face and red cheeks stained with dirty makeup. 

The bell did ring and I had two more periods to go, and the day would be over and I'd be home. 

The rest of the day was full of glances with pity, but also excitement when they looked at me. 

Was it excitement? 

Why was everyone looking so pitiful but so happy when they looked at me? 

Finally, I sat in class thinking about jumping into my sister's jeep and driving to Dunkin Donuts before going home with Kate. 

Minutes ticked by, seconds counted, and the hour was over.

I raced to my locker to grab my books but as I rounded the corner to my locker, Colby Brock stood beside there with an anxious look. 

I wanted to burst into tears again, but I was already so cried out, I couldn't. 

The fact that his presence was so close to my belongings just made me feel so uncomfortable. 

"What Colby," I deadpan, not even looking at him in the eyes. I begin to unlock my locker.

He rubs his hands nervously together,  "Just open your locker." 

I squint my eyes with suspicion, "What the hell did you do."

"Please trust me, and just open it."

I fold my arms stubbornly, "And why the fuck should I trust you?" 

"I'm sorry, Ashlyn. I'm so so so sorry, I was an asshole for hurting you... and just open you locker please," He begs.

I raise an eyebrow, "No keep going, I heard you said asshole?" 

He sighs, "And I'm a dick, and fuck boy, and complete utter fucking jerk for making you cry. I didn't know, I'm so sorry, please now just open your goddamn locker!" 

I sigh heavily, hearing him actually sincere for once really moved me, I decided to oblige and finally open my locker. 

When it opened, I watched dozens of candy grams fall to the ground, pouring one after the other, as they fell to the ground. 

I covered my mouth in disbelief. Did he do all of this? 

Then music started playing, and it was beautiful, (CRYSTAL SNOW BY BTS LISTEN TO IT UP ABOVE LOL I LOVE THEM), and I was actually smiling. People started coming up to me with candy grams telling me merry christmas, and it was the sweetest thing ever. 

I turn to face Colby with a Candy Gram of his own, holding it in front of me to give to me. 

"Ashlyn, I'm so sorry, please please forgive me!" He says with shame, holding it out. 

I take it in my hands, but with all the candy canes given, I was dropping so many. 

"Colby, oh my fucking god you fucking weirdo," I laugh. 

"I'm so sorry, Ash," He stammers, trying to help put all the candy canes in a plastic bag. Suddenly, some of his friends including Sam were picking up all the candy canes and putting them in bags for me. 

"Oh my god, thank you everyone," I sputter out of breath. 

Kate and Ellie were watching from afar and smiling as the boys were helping me clean up all the candy grams. 

"Colby Brock, what made you change your heart?" I smirk, at him as he was midway picking up like ten candy canes at once. 

"Um, I felt really bad," He awkwardly replies, walking closer to me with a full bag of candy cane grams. "Uh, many students and I wrote a lot of candy grams for you and your family for this Christmas, I hope you like them all." 

I smile, "Thanks Brock, for real. This is probably the best way I've ever been apologized to someone." 

He smiles shyly too, "You're welcome, Neil."

"I hope you know I still hate you though," I grin, picking up the bags of candy canes.

He nods, "Duly noted, right back at you." 

I chuckle, "Now do me a huge favor and donate all these candy canes but rip off the notes because I want to read them. Just save one bag of candy canes though and drop it off my house, thanks." 

He laughs, "Okay, I will do that." 

"Merry Christmas Brock," I reply, walking away with my sister.

"Merry Christmas Neil," Colby smiles.

/////

Christmas Day, god I'm glad I'm home. 

I lay in my bed, ready for the day, hoping my family is all okay and happy. 

Colby... did he actually shower me with candy grams? 

Who does that and pays that much money to buy all those candy canes?

That was insane. 

"Hey... Uh Ash, someone's at the door for you right now," Kate says, peaking her head in my room. 

I lift my body off the pillow, "Who? Santa?" I snort. 

She rolls her eyes, "Just come."

I yank the covers off my body and skip downstairs. 

At the front door stood Brock, being the dork he is. 

"Merry Christmas, Neil!" He beams, holding bags of notes from the candy grams last Friday. 

"Oh my- you utter nut job," I rush over, taking the plastic bags full of notes and reading some straightaway. 

He smiles, "And don't think I forgot your one bag of candy canes." 

I look him in the eyes and say a sincere, "Thank you, so much." 

He nods, "I owed it to you." 

I take all the bags from him and bite my lip from squealing at the act of kindness. 

"Merry Christmas to you too, Brock!" I giddily exclaim. 

Colby's mouth tugs upwards as he waves goodbye and leaves. 

I smile, and close the door behind me. I walk over to my living room, where the Christmas tree is decorated.

"He actually did what you asked him and spent all that time for you?" Kate asks, sitting on the couch. 

I shake my head yes, "I can't believe it."

"He's not a bad guy," Kate replies, taking a sip of her hot chocolate. 

"I guess not," I half shrug, "But I still hate him."

She jerks her head in agreement, "Makes sense." 

I spent the next hour reading notes from people in my school as my parents and sister watched Christmas movies and opened presents. 

"Dear, what are you doing?" My mother asks me.

I show her my bag full of notes, "I'm reading all the really kind notes people said about...Ollie."

My parents covered the mouths, "Ollie... oh our baby boy." 

I nodded, "But my whole school was so nice, they left such kind messages to our family. Come on read some!" 

My family gathers around me, opening the bags of notes. There was six bags, not including the candy canes. 

I smiled as my family was content with the positive letters. I decide to take a candy cane from the bag but there was a random note in the midst of the red and white stripes. 

I opened it and it was little note from Colby. 

Dear Neil,

                          I'm so sorry about what happened Ashlyn. I didn't mean for any of what you experienced to happen. I tease and pester you a lot, but I never mean to make you cry and I'm really sorry. I'm not the type of person to be so cruel, and you mean a lot to me actually. I just hate to see you and just people in general so upset. I was in the wrong, for evoking all that pain. Truth is, I don't think you're that bad. 

                                                           I still hate you though:)

                                                                                             Merry Christmas Nerd,

                                                                                                                         Colby Brock

Yup, I still hate him.

But this is the first time I'm actually feeling butterflies, what is this? 

When did I ever feel like... happy by him?

His kindness moved me... I hate it.

I- oh my god. 

I like him.

I hate liking my rival.

---------------------------------------------

WNINWOFINWOIFW HOW WAS THAT??? 

IT TOOK ME SO LONG TO WRITE LOLOL 

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays if you're jewish!!

My christmas was nice, it was indeed different to past years I've spent but that's okay, I enjoyed my holiday. I hope I can write more this break for you all and Rivals, I want to be able to finish the book very soon, which I'm also very sorry to say.... I want to make another rivals, but i feel like I'll just disappoint because I won't be able to update for it:( I'm so busy right now I'm so sorry everyone, a sequel might not happen ughh I know many of u want it but its not in my capability im so sorry!!!!!! BUT MERRY CHRYSLER, I LOVE YOU ALLLL<3<3<3

Comment, *Vote* & Share!!!

Commment, it's christMAH if u read up to here!

hugs & candy canes, kt

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

192K 8.7K 107
In the vast and perilous world of One Piece, where the seas are teeming with pirates, marines, and untold mysteries, a young man is given a second ch...
136K 8K 94
"Great news! Wei WuXian has died!" "Wait- WHAT?!" "But I'm still here." The juniors (Lan Sizhui, Lan Jingyi, Jin Ling, and Ouyang Zizhen) accidentall...
300K 14.6K 94
Riven Dixon, the youngest of the Dixon brothers, the half brother of Merle and Daryl dixon was a troubled young teen with lots of anger in his body...
1.5M 26.7K 58
What if Aaron Warner's sunshine daughter fell for Kenji Kishimoto's grumpy son? - This fanfic takes place almost 20 years after Believe me. Aaron and...