Saved

By ChaserMusic

Everyone has his or her own backstory, one darker than the other. Our history makes us who we are today. Wha... More

Foreword
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Thank you
Playlist

Chapter 6

4.6K 90 2
By ChaserMusic

❖Anna❖

I didn't have to go to college today cause there was a day of. So I decided to use m morning wisely and stay in bed for as long as I could. I was doing it pretty well, almost breaking my 'stay in bed' record, since it was already 11 o'clock.

But then something decided to disturb my lazy time. My phone started to ring.
I get out of bed, stumbling over my sheet that somehow got tangled up around my leg, and pick up the phone.
"Anna Ward speaking." I say when I don't recognise the number my phone screen shows.
"Hello Anna Ward, this is Ryanne Lowerland, from the city library. You send us an email about the job application."  The woman on the other end of the line said.
"Are you still interested in the job?" she asked and I nodded enthusiastically, before realising that I was on the phone and miss Lowerland wouldn't be able to see it. 
"Yes! I mean.... Uhmm... yes, I am still interested in the job." And I'm trying very hard not to show how much I want it, I add in my head. If I hold it in, I would sound more professional. 
"Wonderful! Would you be able to come in later today? Then we can do a job interview to see if you are qualified for this job." "Yes that wouldn't be a problem. What time do you expect me to be there?" Miss Lowerlands told me the time and we disconnected the call.
As soon as I putted the phone down, I started to get ready for the interview. I had to get the job.

❖Gabriel❖

"How is he?" "He will be okay, the bullet didn't hit anything important, so he'll be fine." "hmm." I hum, feeling myself relax a little after hearing that my brother will be okay.
"Can I go and see him?" I ask doc. "Yes, but he has to rest a lot. So please don't be too loud and let him sleep. I will be back tomorrow afternoon to check on him." Nodding I thank the doctor and make my way upstairs.

Doctor Harris, or doc as we call him, started working for the familia a couple of years before I took over. He is good in his work and knows what will happen when he talks to others about the gang, knowing he wouldn't do that, he is trustworthy. He already proved that once, so when I too over, I was more then happy to keep doctor Harris as our doctor.

Standing in front of Aro's door, I recall last night's events. The fight was bigger then they normally are, with much more weapons then the other times. We all got hurt before, but for a moment it ha looked as if I had lost one of my little brothers.
Stepping in the room I look around. Aro is asleep on his bed, Joel right beside him in a chair. He has dark bags under his eyes and worry lines on his forehead. Elliot is sitting against a wall, half asleep.

Walking closer to the bed Joel looks up at me. "How is he?" I ask in a soft voice, not wanting to wake Aro up. "He has been asleep since the bullet came out."
I can see Joel getting paler and I put my hand on his shoulder. "There was so much blood Gabe. I don't know what I would have done if... if..." tears start to get in his eyes and he tries to blink fiercely to push them back down.
"I could have lost him tonight. And it would have been my fault!" "No!" I say, my voice sounding loud and dangerous. Aro moves in his sleep and I continue in a softer voice, "This is not your fault. You did not shoot him. It is the fault of those assholes from Bratstvo. The nerve they have to try and pick a fight with us! Capello, the leaders of this damn city!" my voice getting stronger with every sentence and I can feel the anger boiling up in me.
"Once Aro is better we will take our revenge for what they have done."  I squeeze Joel in his shoulder. "He will be okay little brother." Joel nods and turns himself back to his twin. I look at Elliot and see he's fast asleep against the wall.

"I'm going to bring Elliot to his room so he can sleep there. You should get some rest as well J." "I'm not leaving Aro alone. I want to stay here with him." I smile at the bond the twins have. "Never said you couldn't stay. Just get some rest, otherwise Aro will think he's having a nightmare when he wakes up and sees you. You look like a zombie."
I wake up Elliot up and bring him to his room before going to my own. No one had any sleep last night and I could slowly feel the tiredness taking over.
Deciding that it wouldn't be a bad idea to get some sleep, I get into my bed. I would go to the pub later tonight, but for now, I need some sleep.

❖Anna❖

I had gotten the job! I actually got the job!

I was dancing around my apartment, way to happy to get a new job. It turned out that I actually get paid more for my work in the library then I ever did in the hotel. Plus, when it's not busy while I'm working, I'm allowed to do my homework there, so I won't be in trouble with my studies like I used to be.
Right after my job interview, I went by the hotel to resign. I made sure that they heard that I had gotten a better job where I would earn more. I love the angry face Harver gave me when I passed her. It made my day even better. With the  way I felt now I didn't think anything or anyone could break my happy mood.

❖❖❖❖❖❖❖

"Rose!" I say as I walk into the Pub. "Anna!" she laughs back. "You seem very happy today. What or who... has gotten you in this wonderful mood?" Rose asks me, wiggling her eyebrows. "Remember tat you told me to quite my job at the hotel?" Rose laughs and puts a hand on her hip. "Only a dozen times Anna." I giggle. "Yeah... Okay.... Anyways! I quite! And I already have a new job at the library!"
Rose gives me a hug "That's wonderful sweetie. I'm very glad that you finally listened and found something better then that horrible hotel." She lets go and smiles at me. "Now go get ready, the costumers are waiting for you." Smiling at her once more I walk toward the back and start to get ready for my shift.

The pub was it's usual busy place, but one thing was different from the other nights. Gabriel wasn't here.
I got a little worried, knowing he was here every night for the whole week. Deciding not to think to much of it, I went to work. He probably has better and more important things to do then sit here all evening.

"Three beers, coming right up." I say and start to walk away from the table I was helping, when one of the guys hits me on my ass. Knowing it is better to ignore it I walk towards the bar. "Three beers please." I say to Christy who was tapping some beers for her own table. "You sure you should give it to them? I saw what that asshole did." "Yeah, this is gonna be there last one of the evening. Rose does not tolerate it when they act like that towards her workers." Christy nods and hands me my order.

"Here are your beers. I do have to tell you that these will be the last ones of today for you guys." I put down the beers and walk away when, once again, I feel a hand on my bum. This time however I grab his arm before the guy can pull away. "I am going to explain how things work here." I say in a calm voice and turn back towards the table, not letting the man go. "This is a pub. You come to a pub to have a drink, maybe something to eat and have fun with your friends. A pub is however not a place where you can hit the waitresses or grab them. If you do it again, you won't be allowed back in. Do you understand that sir?" I wait for him to nod before I continue. "Good, now be a good guy, don't touch the waitresses and pay for your beer, preferably with a tip. "Yes ma'am." He says and I let go of his arm.

When I turn around I notice that a big part of the pub is looking at me and I start to feel uncomfortable.  Quickly I walk back to the bar where Christy is waiting for me.
"Well done girl!" she applauses. "I wouldn't have been able to say it any better. I never knew you had this in you!"
"I don't know why I did that. That was so stupid. He could have done anything." Christy laughs at my answer. "There is the Anna I know. For a second there I thought aliens had taken over."
I look at her as if she grew a second head. "Christy you really are a weird girl sometimes." "You still love me!" she says and laughing we go back to work.

At the end of my shift Gabriel still hadn't showed up and I got a little disappointed. I had gotten to have him around me here and it felt weird that he hadn't been here today.
Saying my goodbyes to everyone, I step out the back door, ready to get home. But when I turn around I see a hooded figure standing in the small alley.
The way the person was standing there made it look like he/she was a dangerous and dark person. And for a second it made think of that mafia group that owns this part of town.  I have seen their gravity around town, their way of showing others what's theirs. Capello I believe is their name.

"Hello?" I try softly "Can I help you?"
"Even like this you aren't scared of me." A familiar low voice says to me. Gabriel looks up, half of his face still covered cause of his hood. "Good evening Anna." "Hi." I answer. "I thought you wouldn't come tonight." "I had important stuff to do." He says, sounding a little angry and for a moment I don't know what to say.
"Are you going home?" he asks after a moment of silence. "Yes I am. Want to walk with me?" he nods and together we start walking to my place.

The walk home was quite and a little awkward. I didn't know what to say, and thanks to the hood, I couldn't read his expressions either. So after a while I decided that it would be better to just walk in silence.

When we get to my apartment building we stand still. "So...." I start "So..." he says.  I look at him and feel a small smile forming on my lips. "Thank you for walking me home. Even though you had important things to take care of. I really do appreciate it." Gabriel nods, but doesn't really react to me. I take a step towards the front door but Gabriel grabs my arm. I turn around to look at him, and thanks to the small steps in front of the door, I am now almost the same height as him, giving me a clear view of his face.
"You're hurt!" I say and my hands make their way towards his face to inspect the wound. It isn't to big, just a small cut above his left eye. That's the only wound I can see. "It's nothing, don't worry about it." He says and grabs my arms to pull my hands down.
"It needs to get cleaned, otherwise it might get infected." I say, still looking at the wound. I wonder how he got it. Maybe he had gotten in a fight, was it connected with the important thing he had to do?
"Anna, you seriously don't need to worry about it." Gabriel says and softly tucks on my arms, trying to get my attention from the wound. "Someone already looked at it and cleaned it. You wouldn't even be able to see it once it is fully healed." He says and I look away from the wound. "Plus, the other guy looked much worse." I switch my attention to his eyes. Those mesmerising, sapphire blue eyes. And for a moment I forget everything around me. It feels as if I'm being pulled towards Gabriel. It seems as if he feels it too and slowly, our heads move towards each other. Closing our eyes, we wait for what comes next.

A.N.
Hello lovelies! Hope you all had a wonderfull christmas!
I want to wish you all a happy new year. Let 2018 be the year that your dreams come true!
Xo Madelon

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

79.4K 2.1K 50
Being the only daughter of the Rossini Family, Audelia Valentina Rossini becomes the target of countless dangerous enemies and what happens if she fa...
38.3K 999 35
BAD BOY /MAFIA STORY Ares, the mafia prince of the most feared mafia in the world was the worst nightmare of anyone who crossed him. He is lethal, ru...
693K 14.2K 58
Love. Something he never believed in until he met her. Trust. Something she never believed in until she met him. Mia's looking for an escape. Somet...
3M 62.1K 64
*{COMPLETED}* *First book of MHIAG* That's when I remembered that I bumped into someone. I looked up quickly to be met with two grey eyes looking me...