Hard Knocks (Cashby & Kellic)

By Captain_Cashby

Alan was adopted into a new family all the way in Ohio. He didn't have a choice in what he wanted since his s... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 18 (Final)
Epilogue

Chapter 17

207 12 0
By Captain_Cashby

Vic's POV

I sighed and looked down at Kellin sleeping in my lap, ever since he had started taking his new medicine, he'd been depressed than usual and I was worried. I felt clingy but I didn't like leaving him alone. Not when he was like this at least. Once school had ended for the day we had gone back to his house where Kellin almost immediately passed out and I just didn't have the heart to move just yet. Of course, I was going to have to soon considering tonight was one of the most important moments to get my and Austin's plan in action.

"Sorry I'm the worst person to be around, right now," Kellin mumbled, looking up at me, one eye cracked open. "If you need to, you can go."

I smiled and leaned down. "You're never the worst," I said and pressed a kiss to his forehead. "But, I do have to go but I promise I'll see you tomorrow okay?"

"Okay, I love you."

"I love you too," I said and moved carefully. 

"Call me later or something?" 

"I will," I said and stood up. "Now, get some sleep, okay?"

"I will with no problem."

"Alright," I laughed and gave him a kiss before heading out with a goodbye to the Bostwicks. Now it was time for the difficult part of the night and to say I was dreading it was an understatement. I didn't feel comfortable keeping this from Kellin.

But right now, I didn't have a choice either. If I wanted to make sure that sick piece of shit never touched Kellin again, I had to go back. It was the only way.

I met up with Austin at the skatepark just like we had planned. He gave me a look and crossed his arms.

"Are you sure you want to get back into this? They're not going to make you go through the initiation all over again, are they?"

I shook my head. "They aren't. And I'm sure."

"I just don't want you to do this and risk something going wrong." 

"Nothing will, I've got this."

"Good, good."

"Now let's go," I said with a sigh and rolled my shoulders.

He nodded and started following me.

"I don't know if Alan told you that Fitz tried something on him."

"He what!?" I shouted.

"Yeah, he did."

"He's dead."

"I know."

"How far did he get?"

"Not anything really, besides flirting and some touching."

"I'm surprised you didn't kill him," I said as we continued walking.

"I wanted to, but it just gives me more of a reason to kill him."

"Good."

"They'll cover it up well, right?"

"That's what we're going to discuss. But yes."

"Good."

"I know. I wouldn't suggest this unless I was sure."

"Good to know."

I smiled and said nothing more. I felt bad, considering I was having Austin kill a man but it was all going to work out.  It had to work out. If not, my boyfriend's best friend would be fucked.  And Kellin would probably never talk to me again if I let that happen. He'd probably murder me if I did.

"You don't think Kellin's going to mad at us for taking this into our own hands, do you?" Austin asked as we made it to the house.

"He will be, but he won't know about it so there is no worry."

"He's going to know," Austin sighed.

"Why do you say that? Did you tell him something?" 

"No, but when Fitz disappears he's going to realize it."

"And he won't know what happened to him. He won't know what we did or especially what you're doing."  I sighed and looked at him. "I get it, he's my boyfriend and I definitely am not comfortable keeping this from him but I'm scared if I tell him he might have a freak out."

"I know, I just don't want him to be angry at you or me about this."

"He might be at the beginning but I think in the end he's going to understand. If he ever really finds out you know?"

He nodded in agreement.

"Now, let's go," I said, getting ready to turn into the hardass I had to be when I was around the stupid gang.

We got to the house and headed right on inside.

"Aye Asshole!" I shouted,

"Vic, what a pleasant surprise."

I rolled my eyes and watched Spencer walk down the stairs with his three lap dogs following behind obediently. 

"What brings you here with one of my boys?" He asked giving Austin and I a curious look.

"Your little boy here convinced me that maybe it would be in my best interest that I come back," I said, shoving my hands in my pockets.

"He did?" 

"That's why the little shit is with me," I said getting irritated.

Spencer smirked, "What's the catch? I know for a fact that he wouldn't be able to convince you to come back. He can barely do anything around here."

I gave Spencer a cruel smile. "You owe me."

"What do you want?" 

I looked around at everyone who had now congregated in the room. "You and I need to have a chat. Alone."

"Deal. Let's go."

"Alright," I said, leaving Austin there with the gang. He'd survive considering they were his people.

Spencer and I went to his office and he took a seat behind his desk.

"You have the floor," He said.

I sat on the chair in front of his desk and kicked my feet up on his desk as I told him my plan in detail and how he owed me and how he was going to pay his debt. Because that was the thing with the gang, they always paid their debts.

He didn't say anything for a couple minutes before he finally spoke, "Alright."

I stared at him in surprise. "No argument?"

"Well, I do have a few needs of my own that need to be taken care of," he said.

"Which are?"

"I know you're the reason my suppliers have all of a sudden decided they no longer wanted to grow anymore. I want them back," he said, glaring at me. "Along with a few other things but, I'll let you know about those favors when I'm ready to cash them in."

"Okay, I can do that."

"Good. Then we can get this little mess taken care of nicely."

"For sure."

He gave me a curious look. "Why Austin?"

"Why what?" 

"Why would you use him?"

"Because you don't need him and he's a smart kid who's better than this."

"He's really not."

"Why do you think that?" 

"Have you seen him? Sure, he has the muscle and the height but he has no brains whatsoever," Spencer said, leaning back.

"He does, you don't know him outside of here."

"And I don't need to know him. He's one of my best sellers and I don't really want to let him go."

"You just called him an idiot, how could he be your best?" I asked.

"He's got something that sells."

"I see," I said. "Too bad."

"I know, I know."

We talked business for a few more moments and Spencer assured me that once I got done what he wanted, he'd help with what I wanted.

"It's all set then," I said standing up from my seat.

"Perfect," he said before I left.

"Austin, let's go."

"Thank god," Austin mumbled.

He followed me outside and we started walking towards nowhere in specific.

"How did it go?" He asked.

"Pretty well, I gotta do a few favors for him but they're not going to be major."

"That's good then."

"I guess so," I said with a shrug. "I think I'm gonna go to Kellin's and get him out of the house. You want to come with? We can grab Al, too."

"Sounds good to me."

"Alright, good. But just so you know, I'm kicking Alan's ass."

"What did he do?" 

"He's keeping me up at night with his stupid snoring," I muttered. "And he's being annoying."

"He does that."

"The little shit keeps setting me up to get in trouble with my mom and I'm going to fight him."

"What did he do now?" 

"It's a long story. Just know he's getting jumped."

"Don't break his bones."

"I'm going to."

"No, no."

"Yep."'

"Okay, fine."

"Good," I laughed and said nothing else as we walked to Kellin's house. It was always kind of awkward when it was just Austin and I.

When we got to Kellin's we knocked and waited patiently for someone to answer. Finally Kellin came and opened the door, looking half asleep.

"What are you doing here? You left like two hours ago," he said, scratching his head.

"Get some real clothes on, we're going out," I informed my boyfriend and walked in the house.

"Where to?"

"I don't know."

"Then why do I have to get dressed?"

"Because you're in pajamas."

"You're right, I am."

"So you need real clothes on," I told him and wrapped my arms around his waist.

He groaned, "Fine."

I smiled and gave him a kiss. "I love you."

"I love you, too."

I let go of him and smacked his ass. "Go get ready, Austin and I are waiting."

"Ew," Austin mumbled.

"Shut up," I snapped.

"I didn't say anything."

"You said ew, there's nothing ew about that," I said. Kellin laughed quietly and went to his room to get dressed.

"I don't need to see you smack his ass."

"You didn't have to look," I retorted.

He rolled his eyes at me. I flipped him off and walked around Kellin's house, looking at pictures of him while we waited for Kellin to finish getting dressed. 

"What are you doing?" Kellin asked coming down the stairs.

"Looking at the pictures your mom has hanging up of you," I said with a small smile as I looked at one of him dressed as a dinosaur.

"They're rough, aren't they."

"They're adorable."

"Thanks."

"It's what I'm here for."

"Have you figured out what we're doing yet?" 

"We're going to grab Alan and then I was thinking we could go to the bookstore or just walk around a store together," I said, taking his hand in mine.

"I'm down."

"Good," I said and pulled him along to grab Austin and leave.

"Are we leaving now?" Austin asked when we went to him.

"Yep, time to get my dumbass brother."

"I love your dumbass brother."

"I'm glad you do," I stated.

"Oh shut up, you love him too," Kellin said, rolling his eyes.

"I never said that."

"It's pretty obvious, though."

I rolled my eyes, we all made our way back to my house talking about different things and I had to be honest, even though I didn't particularly care for Austin, it was nice. And it was very nice to see Kellin laugh at the stupid things Austin said and I hoped it meant that he was slowly getting better.

Alan's POV

Everything was quiet in the house today since we were all distracted as we tried to get ready for Margie's visit. We were all rushing around and making sure everything was in tip top shape for her appearance.

We were gonna talk about the process of getting me officially adopted tonight. I was beyond excited to actually be apart of this family 100%. I loved it here and I couldn't ask for a better home to be in. I just hoped they didn't change their minds or something.   I wanted to be a part of their family.

I just hoped everything tonight went smooth and nothing terrible happened.  I wanted to make sure that everything for the adoption was perfect. 

"Alan, you gotta chill out," Vic said coming into our room where I was cleaning.

"I can't."

"Yeah you can."

"I don't want to mess anything up today." 

"You're not going to," Vic assured me.

"You don't know that."

"Yeah, I do."

I rolled my eyes.  I knew he was probably right, but I couldn't help but feel like something was gonna go wrong.  I always fucked something up.

"Seriously Alan, it's gonna be fine."

"I know."

"So calm down."

"I am calm."

"Are you?"

"Yes!" I shouted unintentionally.

"Don't shout," he said, smacking my arm.

"Sorry, sorry."

"Good."

I took a deep breath, "I'm good."

"Okay?"

"Okay."

He smiled and leaned against the wall.

I finished making my bed before falling onto it.

"So, are you ready to be a Fuentes?"

"Yeah I think so."

"Think?"

"I mean I know I am."

"Are you sure?" He asked. "It's not too late to say you don't want to be."

"No, I want this."

Vic nodded.

"Do you?" I asked.

"I do."

"Okay."

"I'm going to be honest, at first, I was apprehensive, but now I already think of you as my brother."

I smiled, "I think of you as mine too."

"You better," he said, glaring at me.

"I do."

Vic grinned and grabbed a book off his shelf and fell onto his bed.

"Hey, how's Kellin been?" I asked curiously. I knew he was a little off and he wasn't as into anything like before.

"The same, he hasn't really been feeling like his normal loud self but I think he's going to get there."

"I hope so. I miss his obnoxiousness." 

"He's never obnoxious."

"Everyone is sometimes."

"He never is."

I rolled my eyes, "Whatever."

"You're obnoxious," he said, looking up from his book.

"I knew you'd say that eventually."

"It's true."

"I'm aware," I said before sitting up when I heard Margie's voice downstairs. She wasn't always the quietest speaker.

"Good. Caseworker is here."

"I can hear," I muttered before I left the room to go downstairs. "Hi, Margie," I said with a small smile.

"Hi, Alan," She said and gave me a big hug "How are things?"

"They're good, I'm really excited."

"I'm so glad and very happy for you. You've come a long way."

"Thank you," I said, pulling away.

"How about we sit down and eat some dinner?" Vivian said with a smile.

"That sounds lovely," Margie said, following Vivian into the dining room.

Everyone headed to the dinner room and I headed upstairs to grab Vic.

"Hey, we're eating dinner."

"Alright, I'll be down."

I gave him a strange look as he turned his phone on silent and tucked it in his pocket before he got out of bed.

"Everything okay?" I asked.

"Yeah, why?" He asked, giving me a smile.

"Just making sure."

"Alright," Vic said, sounding confused as we walked downstairs.

"Is it wrong to check in on my brother?" 

"No, of course not."

"Good."

We went and sat down at the table with everyone before we all dished ourselves up. 

"Alright, so we have some things to discuss before we go to court for this," Margie said.

"Like?"

She went on to explain the entire court process to us and how it would all go down.  It sounded like a long and complicated process, but I couldn't wait for it all to finally happen. I was so excited and happy for this. I was tired of being just another foster kid.

Dinner went smoothly and so did everything with Margie. When she left Vic and I were stuck cleaning up dinner dishes while Vivian and Victor went out to do a few things.

"Hey, Vic," I said gaining his attention while I washed dishes.

"Yeah?" He asked, putting leftover food in containers.

"You're all wet," I shouted and sprayed water on him from the nozzle on the sink.

"What the hell!" He shouted and took a bowl of leftovers and dumped it on my head.

I screamed and squirted the dish soap onto his hair.

"You're so dead!" He yelled and smashed my face into the cake Vivian had made.

I grabbed a chunk and squished it into his hair and on his face. Vic glared at me and pushed me to the ground. I let out a laugh and just laid there.

"I hate you," Vic said and took the remaining leftovers and dumped them all over me.

"Vivian is gonna kill us."

"She's going to kill you," Vic corrected.

"You ruined her cake."

"It wasn't a good cake anyway."

"I beg your pardon," Vivian said sounding annoyed.

I let out a laugh, "Oh Vic..."

"Victor Vincent Fuentes, what have you done to my kitchen?" She demanded, walking over to us. "What have you done to your brother!?"

"He started it!" Vic whined.

"I would never do that!" I exclaimed, climbing off the floor.

He glared at me then threw more cake at me.

"Vivian!" I whined and turned to her with a pout.

"Both of you need to stop," she said and gave Vic a look. "Before I do this!" She shouted and threw cake into both of our faces.

We both looked at her shocked.

"Now, clean up my kitchen  yourselves." She said then left the kitchen.

"You're rude," Vic stated.

"Me? You ruined her cake."

"You started this," he told me.

"I would never."

"You would."

I rolled my eyes and shook my head.

Vic and I cleaned up the kitchen before each taking a shower. 

"I hope you realize that I'm going to make your life a living hell," Vic told me once we were downstairs about to start watching a movie.

"Yeah, yeah I know."

About halfway through the movie there was a knock on the door. It was confusing since it was almost midnight, but I got up to answer it. I peeked out and smiled when I saw Austin.

"Hey, what are you doing you here?" I asked opening the door and stepping out to talk with him.

"I was just doing a few things and I thought I'd stop to see you."

I smiled and I gave him a kiss, "Cute."

"I try," he said as he wrapped his arms around me. 

"What kind of stuff are you doing?"

"I'm meeting with a few buyers  tonight."

"Austin," I sighed.

"I'm not out of it yet baby, but soon I promise you. I can't stop what I'm doing."

"I know."

"But soon," He said and gave me another kiss.

"I love you."

"I love you too."

"You mind if I use your bathroom really quick?"

"Yeah, go ahead."

We went into the house and he set down his sweatshirt then headed to the bathroom.

I knew I shouldn't have but I searched his sweatshirt and found what I was looking for.  I took it and stuffed it in my pocket. He was never going to even notice that it was going to be gone.

When he came back I smiled and his and handed him his sweatshirt.

"I have to get going, but I love you and I'll see you at school alright?" He said giving me a kiss and taking his sweatshirt from me.

"Alright, I love you too."

He left and I went back to my movie with Vic, holding my substance tight in my hand.

"Why did Austin come in and use the bathroom and leave?" He asked me.

"We talked outside and then he had to go to some buyers," I said with a shrug.

"Oh."

"Mhm."

The movie went off and soon enough we went to up to bed.

"You all good?" Vic asked me.

I nodded. "Yeah."

We both got ready for bed and soon enough Vic was passed out in his bed.  I was turned against so I was facing my wall, holding the small bag I had stolen from Austin earlier. I knew it was wrong and I shouldn't have taken it.

I was sitting here since Vic passed out deciding if I should take it or not. I mean I'd come so far, but I mean this couldn't hurt me that bad.  It would be fine.

I had no supplies anywhere in this house, so I had to do it the old fashion way. 

I didn't really measure any out, but I should've as I ingested the drug.  From there I didn't remember a thing. I just let the drug take its course.

I heard talking and I was shaking. It was dark and I had no idea what was going on.

"Alan! Wake the fuck up!" Someone shouted, shaking me harder before I felt someone slap me in the face.

I shot up, my eyes wide and I looked over at an angry Vic "What!?"

"Dude!" He shouted.

"What?"

"It's almost four in the afternoon."

I gave him a confused look, "Okay?"

"You've been out since last night."

"Oh, oh shit."

"Yeah, what the fuck happened?"

"I need help."

"What did you do?" Vic demanded, forcefully.

"I relapsed, I took some from Austin's coat last night.  I took it all last night, I didn't- I shouldn't have."

Vic sighed and sat on my bed. "I was waiting for that to happen."

"I'm so stupid."

"It's okay."

"Don't say it's okay, because it's not. You know it's not."

"I know it isn't, but I'm telling you right now, it's all going to be okay."

"I have to talk to your parents."

"Yes, you do."

"Are they downstairs?" I asked quietly.

"Yeah," Vic said. "I can go with you."

I nodded and tried to make myself look presentable.  We walked downstairs and went to the living room where Vivian and Victor were sitting.

"I gotta tell you guys something," I said softly.

"What is it, sweetie?" Vivian asked stopping her conversation with her husband.

"I relapsed and I need more help than you guys can provide."

"Do you want to go to rehab?" Victor asked me.

"Well no, but I know I should and I need to."

"We can go and try to get you in one now," Vivian said.

"Okay."

From that point on we sought out online to find a place for me to go. Something that was close and easy to get to from here. 

We were going to start me within the next week. Vivian and Victor just had to make sure everything would be set and such before I would be sent off.

I was nervous, but I knew I needed help.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

114K 4.7K 28
Vic Fuentes is the king of the school. He has a great girlfriend and a few great friends. Kellin Quinn isn't as popular as Vic, but he is loved by al...
15.5K 1.1K 38
I fucking disclaim everyone!None of these people are mine! This is a Kellic. Mike has hated Vic ever since he was born. When Vic first held him Mike...
47.3K 2.3K 31
Kellin Quinn had a traumatic upbringing and since has had a hard time staying out of his head. He is sickened by what he loves, and despite trying so...
47.3K 1.9K 37
- Sequel to Cuts- Kellin struggles to recover from his trauma and Vic struggles to see his husband in pain, leading to a bad decision that has catast...