The Kidnapped Bride

MissyMustache द्वारा

अधिक

The Proposal
The Engagement Party
The Wedding Day
The Kidnapper
The Kidnapped Bride
The Escape
Meeting the Alpha
The Groom
Breaking Down the Door
Jealousy
Of Being Marked
Shopping
Finding the Bride
Followed
The Kidnapper Meets the Groom
Of Lunas and Nuns
The New Girl
Intoxicatingly Inlove
The Past
A New Friendship
Feelings
First Revelation
Second Revelation
Third Revelation
Fourth Revelation
Wolves
Facing the Past
Followed Again
Back to Normal
Another Happening
The Deal
Letting Go
Fulfilled
The Date
Girl Talk
Of Birthdays and Mates
Just Me :D meeeeh
Love and Hatred
Wrecked Car
The Visitor
Growing Hatred and Growing Love
The Other Alpha
The Second Mate
Obsession and Plans
Everything is Complicated
Moments
Chance Or Not
Any Other Way
Wolfsbane
Goodbye, I guess?
Just Me, Again
Life Goes On

Ordinary Day

69.6K 858 78
MissyMustache द्वारा

Hi everyone!

I hope you like my story. (fingers-crossed)

Sorry for wrong spelling/grammar.

×××

3 months ago.

"Darlene! Table 3!" I heard the fat lady, Angel, call my name as I was wiping the counter.

I turned my head on her and she pointed table 3. I dropped the piece of cloth that I was holding as I grabbed the order slip. I headed to where table 3 is of this tiny burger shack where I was working.

There are only twenty tables here with ugly-looking orange sheets. The walls are covered with paintings of dragons. The floor is made of white tiles which turned to a yellowish color due to stains.

I saw an old bearded man sitting at his table and watched me with such interest in his eyes.

"Hi there, sexy" he complimented me in a perverted way. I can't even call that a compliment.

"What's your order?" I asked showing no interest or what-so-ever.

"I'll have a sloppy double patty burger, honey" he said in an amused tone ignoring my attitude towards him.

"That's all?" I asked giving a stare. He nodded.

As I turned my back on him, he managed to grab my butt and say, "And your fucking ass, too"

Not a good day to mess with me, dirty old man.

I turned facing him and gave him a death glance which caused him to laugh. I clenched my fist to a ball and hit him hard straight to his nose. I heard a cracking sound before he lay flat on his face. I smirked.

"I'm not in the mood, honey" I said mimicking how he said the word honey. Disgusting.

I rubbed my knuckles which started to go red and throb like it has its own heart.

It's not that I go around punching some random guy's face, but he just got into my nerves. If this was a good day, I could have just ignored it. Just like I handled other of our perverted costumers.

I heard a gasp when I saw Angel coming my way.

"Oh no. Another blacked out costumer" she said shaking her head.

"He asked for that" I shrugged before going back to I what I was doing.

That guy wasn't the first one to say hello to my fist. There were more unlucky males who kissed my knuckles. I just hate it when those guys go maniac on me. It gives me the chills, the bad ones.

I've been working here for about 5 months now. The pay is not that good but it gives me enough money to pay my rent and buy my food. I love what I'm doing here. Serving demanding people with their nasty orders, mopping the dirty floors, and cleaning the messy tables as they leave. Not really.

If I ever get the chance to leave this damn place, I would quickly do that. But I had no choice. It's not like I can actually work on somewhere more decent than this, I'm just a highschool graduate. And as far as I know, people without college degrees are not worth the high-paying jobs.

I'm not complaining or anything about my job. Truth is, I really am complaining.

I sighed.

Angel approached me.

"You can go now" she said to me.

"Okay" I simply said.

I went to the locker room where other staff of this restaurant keep their things and change to their uniforms. I looked for my keys in my pocket and opened my locker. I changed to a white top tank and skinny jeans. It's been cold this time of the year and I regret forgetting my jacket at my apartment.

I shivered in cold as I walked out from the restaurant's back door and went next to the road. I rubbed at my hands to warm them. But the cold harsh wind is actually blowing harder and harder as every minute pass.

I tapped my foot on the concrete sidewalk as I looked out for a car.

"What's taking him so long?" I whispered to my cold self.

Just after a few minutes, a white SUV stopped in front of me. A guy wearing a white polo and university jacket came out of the car.

"God. I'm sorry honey" the first thing he said.

He came near me and kissed me on my left cheek. He removed his jacket and covered me with it as he lead me on his car. I feel warmer now. He opened the door beside the driver seat where I seated. He got in and drove to the better part of the town.

"I'm sorry. There was an emergency in the hospital and they needed me" he apologized.

"I thought you totally forgot about me" I looked at him and gave him the pity-me look.

"I wouldn't dare forget you" he chuckled as he gazed down on the road.

"That's right. Because if you ever did, I will hunt you down" I said and gave him a killer look. He acted like he was scared and we turned out laughing.

"So how was your day?" he asked not taking hios eyes of the road.

"Another butthead costumer" I answered.

"Don't tell me you kicked him in the nuts, again?" he said.

"No, not really. I just let him sleep of his itchiness" I chuckled remembering the poor guy. I must have broken his nose.

"I told you to quit your job and just be my assistant, didn't I?" he reminded me.

Alex has been offering me a job as his personal assistant in the hospital he's working at. But I always turn down his offer. Though he is my boyfriend, I don't think that it's right to get clingy on him and use him to get a better job than the one I have now.

"Didn't we talk about that" I said in a sudden change of tone.

Seeing that I was not in the mood to argue, he told me about the emergency at the hospital.

A woman was rushed to the hospital because of continuous bleeding. She was unconscious and her body was full of scratches, and more likely, bites. There were no available doctors so he have to handle the case himself.

Yes, you're right. My boyfriend is a doctor. Lucky me, huh? I guessed so. But I think he's lucky to have me, too.

"We still don't know what really happened to her since she's unconscious and there were no witnesses. She was found near the highway miles away from here" He said as he focus his eyes on the road.

"What did you think did this to her?" I asked with curiosity in my voice.

"A wild animal, may be" he said,

"Like what?" another question from me.

"A bear? or wolves?" he answered.

I chuckled at his second guess. Wolves? There were no wolves in our state. There is even no report of wolf sighting. Wolves were hunted down to extinction in our state since the 1800's because they were considered as pests then. The forest rangers are also keen in watching over the wooden areas so there is no possible wolves settling in our state.

He looked at me with confusion written all over his face before shifting his eyes on the road. Though it's dark, I can clearly see his face over the faint light given by the street lamps. His black jet hair, his hazel-colored eyes and red lips.

"Something funny?" he asked me.

I turned to gaze on the buildings gleaming with light on the other side of road.

"You said wolves" I said without looking at him.

"What about the wolves?" confusion still on his voice.

"Alex, honey, there's no wolves here in our state" I reminded him.

"We really don't know" he said shrugging, obviously not wanting to drop off the idea that wolves may live somewhere in the deeper part of our forests.

"We both know and learned in high school that wolves in our state where hunted down to extinction, right?" I said.

"There might be some wolves who survived or even migrated here, you know" he said. Okay, I give up. I don't want to further ruin my mood because of those stupid mutts.

"Anyway, where are you taking me?" I asked, suddenly remembering that he didn't even tell me where were heading to.

"Our favorite restaurant, I'm hungry" he smiled.

"Okay, I haven't eaten yet, too" I said hearing my tummy grumbling.

"Good thing, they're serving their specialty dishes just only for tonight" he said, without the smile leaving his face.

I think he's acting kinda weird but I ignored it.

×××

I know it's kinda short. Actually, it's really short.

Anyway, please tell me what you think about it. :D

Thank you very much!

PLEASE CHECK MY NEW BOOK. NUTELLA AND THE ALPHA. THANK YOU :D

-M.M

पढ़ना जारी रखें

आपको ये भी पसंदे आएँगी

3.1M 60.8K 49
15.6K 675 29
When Adriane was six years old, her pack was attacked by hunters. Everyone had perished, including her parents who were the Alpha pair. She was sent...
73K 2K 44
All Nyla wanted was a mate of her own, now she got one, but only to find out it was not how she envisioned him. After just meeting, Derek, her mate a...
44.3K 2.1K 42
Liyla just moved from the Bahamas to Los Angeles with her mom and dad who got a new job there. Being the new weird girl, Liyla expected to be left a...