Betrayed By Fate

נכתב על ידי alice-ayuzawa

PREVIOUSLY CALLED "My Coldhearted Beta" Highest Rank #2 in Werewolf (Idk how though) ▪▪▪▪▪ "I , Jake Anderson... עוד

Author Note
"That smile of yours is haunting me"
Chapter 1 |Wolfsbane
Chapter 2 |Alpha Visitor
Chapter 3 | Escape
Chapter 4 | Jenn
Chapter 5 | Stranger
Chapter 6 | Mate
Chapter 7 | 'Alpha King'
Chapter 8 | Rejection
Chapter 9 | Taunting
Chapter 10 | Awaken
Chapter 11 | Stay
Chapter 12 | Tag Along
Chapter 13 | Jake
Chapter 14 | Aether
Chapter 15 | Shopping
Chapter 16 | Flower
Chapter 17 | Bloodshed
Chapter 18 | "Lily"
Chapter 19 | Confronting
Chapter 20 | Return
Chapter 21 | Past
Chapter 22 | Brother
Chapter 23 | "Netflix And Chill"
Chapter 24 | Lost
Chapter 25 | Seer
Chapter 26 | Memory
Chapter 27 | Heated
Chapter 28 | Apple
Chapter 29 | Arlen
Chapter 30 | Bunny?
Chapter 31 | I Love You
Chapter 32 | Surprise?
Chapter 33 | Forest
Chapter 34 | "Rogue"
Chapter 35 | Prank
Chapter 36 | "Nothing happened"
Chspter 36.5 | Bonus
Chapter 37 | Kiss
Chapter 38 | Luke
Chapter 39 | R.I.P
Chapter 40 | "I won't"
Chapter 41 | Party
Chapter 42 | "Burn it!"
Chapter 43 | Silver
Chapter 44 | Leave
Chapter 45 | "GIVE ME UNICORNS!"
Chapter 47 | Zaire
Chapter 48 | Punch Me
New book
Chapter 49 | Save her
Characters Magazine [pleeease read]
Chapter 50 | I Will Tell Him
Chapter 51 | Pain
Hi...please don't kill me A/N
Chapter 52 | Goddess
Chapter 53 | Angel
NOTE
Chapter 54 | Time
Chapter 55 | Blood
Chapter 56 | Home
Chapter 57 | "I love you..."
Chapter 58 | Why
Chapter 59 | You Are Lost
Chapter 60 | Smile
Epilogue |1| Brown
Epilogue |2| Babies
Epilogue |3| Story
Epilogue |4| Mystery?
Q&A (and interesting facts )

Chapter 46 | Meeting

37K 1.4K 247
נכתב על ידי alice-ayuzawa

STAAAAHHWPPP
✋⚠️
I updated 2 chapters please make sure you read the one before. (Chapter 45)
Yeah 2 chapters in one day, so please don't push me on updating
School is already a pain in the a*s. T-T

Might have irregular updates, I really wished I could have finished the book
In my summer break but I underestimated the work my planned plot needs lol.
*****
Wonderful Cover made by  xSnowKittyx
*****
;-; THANK YOU ♡♡ it so pretty! Ahh! XD

I don't often get sent covers to so this really makes me happy haha. It feels like a present and thank you in one.

I don't know why, but I can't ask my readers (you) for covers or banners...
I feel like I am using people for something I could possibly do on my own (even if it is bad lol)

I don't know, I just know the feeling of being used too well so I don't expect people to do something for me, even though I am used to do it for people. It might also be the reason why I am bad with accepting presents or complements, I am used to be the one who gives them, not receives them.

This is getting off topic. Ignore me, read on.

Enjoy.

_________

"Please, Beta Jake, you have to rest." The doctor glared at him.

"Yeah, yeah" he rolled his eyes, scowling at his left handcuffed hand.

Zaire got them...I don't even want to know.

"We can talk more when your fever has gone down. Rest." She took her clipboard and exited the room. I didn't want to distract him from resting so I went out, now that he has no way of escaping my mind is at ease.

Plus, I was very much curious what Luke wanted to tell me.

Someone bumped into me "I am sorry" the woman apologized.

"No problem" my eyes widen at the same blonde that I met on my mission of 'stopping Jake from going around high'.

"Hey" she greeted awkwardly. From her outfit, I am guessing she is a nurse here.

"Hi," I answered as awkwardly "sorry...I don't know how to talk with my mate's ex one nightstand...never thought I would ever say that"

Wooow...smooth, Arian.

That is the way to make friends.

"What are you talking about?" She asked, his face clouded with a puzzled look.

"Didn't you say a lot if females tried their Luck with Jake? Weren't you also one of them?" I questioned. It can't be that I mixed up her scent with someone else's...I am sure I smelled her scent once on him and in his room..

"Tried. The key word is tried. And yes I was one of them" she sighed, a small smile on her lips.

"What do you mean?" I asked her, my curiosity probably showing. She began to walk in the way of the entrance. I walked along her waiting for her explanation.

"I heard from some girls that the Beta finally said yes to one of the countless girls who tried to get a night with him, that was after Ava was gone. But she came back completely furious, Beta Jake had thrown her out after just a kiss" she chuckled.

...that..doesn't make sense.

"Girls are girls, so a few more tried the same. Beta Jake said yes to all but they ended all the same, he threw them out, some of them left with only getting a kiss out of it, some not even stayed in his room for a minute and got thrown out. I was curious if it really was true or the girls just wanted to cover their fail ups," she glanced at me "he said yes, he didn't look really excited, rather, he looked bored. Like the girls said, a kiss and he stopped...he seemed so conflicted and spaced out. He kept mumbling some incoherent words, looked at me horrified, apologized and asked me to leave after he snapped out of his daze" she tapped her chin as if it helps with her memory.

...Arian?

His room was reeking of female scent.

He never failed to meet me with that scent mixed with his when I was in that cell.

He apologized for sleeping around before...

He lied...why?

Why would he lie?

Are you asking me? I have no idea girl.

You could ask him.

"Was great talking to you...I really need to get back to work" she waved and left me by the entrance.

I left the pack hospital deep in thoughts. Jake...why?

"Arian!" I felt someone shake my body out of my daze. Luke worried eyes met my silver ones.

"Are you fine? I called you too many times for me to count, you were completely away.." he retrieved his hands from my shoulders.

"I am fine"

You are not fine.

Shouldn't I be happy that Jake didn't sleep around after he met me?

Aren't you?

I..don't know...when he apologized, he sounded so sincere. Why would he do that if he is lying? It doesn't make any sense!

You rather have him tell the truth about something he did even if it was to hurt you, than him lying to you about what he did, meaning he is guiltless?

You are crazy.

I am.

"Come on, we need to hurry!" Luke urged.

"What is wrong? You are acting weird" I walked behind him.

"You need to come..." never have I heard Luke speak so seriously except when he talked about his passed away mate. She is the only one who can get that psycho to drop his mask, even if she isn't here anymore.

I followed him to the pack house, are Jenn and Zaire here?

He straight went to the library.

"Calm down Luke...first let me ask you...couldn't you have shaved your legs? Like seriously! You wore more dresses in your life than I did. Can't you at least do that?" It is probably true.

"Hey, I am still a man who is proud of his body hair- not the point. I brought Arlen and Eric you might need them" he rumbled, brushing past me.

"Arlen? Wait--..When you say brought them...you mean in this?" I pointed at his bright pink short dress.

He nodded absent-mindedly, searching between the books of the library.

"Did you make a video?" I chuckled.

"What? No. This is serious Arian!....okay maybe I did but that isn't important" he rolled his eyes.

The videos, he has a collection of them..he stores them in the secret library. Not really professional, I know. But he doesn't give a f*ck.

He took a book, it was old leather cover with an old language adorning the edges.

"Come" he pulled my hand after him.

In the back of the library were Eric and Arlen talking in hushed voices books and papers scattered on the ground around them

"I brought her" Luke muttered, his eyes raking the papers of the book between his hands.

"Hey, Ari!" Arlen smiled at me, I hissed at him in response.

Arlen's face fell, his lip pouted into a ridiculous immature grimace-pout "I apologized! If it is the dungeon thing-- "

"Shut up Arlen...Eric, give me that.." Luke was high concentrated putting papers and open books in front of me.

"How do you know Luke, Arlen?" I never heard of Arlen in all the years I have been a bookman, so how does Luke know him if I don't know anything about him.

"Luke once came to my pack not long ago, before you came and asked to get a position between the scientist" Arlen ruffled his own hair, a scowl on his lips.

"When I refused, he came after me with a wig on his head and in a dress accusing me of impregnating him. He screamed in front of my whole pack that I humped and dumped" he grimaced.

BOAWHAHAH! OHH he must have a video of this one.

It is true, Luke would be the perfect addition to Arlen's scientist. A sadistic genius among his little nerds could have been handy.

Luke didn't poison his whole pack with wolfsbane and silver without his fair knowledge of wolves.

You wouldn't count him as the type but he is a real genius, it sad how he became the person he is today.

Losing the person you love can change you, human hearts sometimes can't bear the division of death.

He had found his mate, they were happy, planning their lives together. A happy couple. Till his mate was chosen as a tribute to marry the son of the beta of another pack, she refused...and was killed for it, in Luke's arms. She was shot by 3 silver bullets. That happened right after she has told him he will become a father. They burst into their house and shot her while she was hugging him. His happy tears turned into tears of horror in a matter of seconds. His heart broke into pieces with her and his unborn child.

They let him live because of his high ranking in the pack, he was valuable for them. Luke has kept a low profile for a year, slowly collecting information about the holy fountain that has been kept in his pack for hundreds of years, every year there was a tradition for the whole pack to begin the year with every pack member to drink this water.

He poisoned the water with wolfsbane, but that alone wasn't enough to kill his pack that took away his love. They say there is a fine strand between a genius mind and an insane one. Luke was dangerously balancing on that strand. He invented a poison which combines silver and wolfsbane that infects the water, for a slow painful death.

He is a sadistic genius, maybe also insane.

He watched his pack members fall one after another.

"Arian, you must wonder why we all are here...it is not every day you see 4 Bookman in one place, even in one state is practically impossible. We are supposed to be scattered around the world doing our damn job, aren't we?" Luke turned to look each one of us in the eyes, a certain intensity in his eyes, his words slow and heavy "I don't think it is a coincident...there must be a reason we are here" he slammed his hand on the book he previously brought.

He is right. This situation, how Eric coincidently found his sister and me, how I was held in the pack of Arlen for a year, how Luke found me so easily after all these years.

Luke watched me closely "I don't know what is coming but it has to do with you Arian. I never told you why I followed you, yes, you did intrigue me, something about you just seemed so unexplainable. But you were my mission, the Moon goddess commanded me to stay by your side, showing you how to be a Bookman was an extra on the list. She asked me to never leave you out of my sight...but you had to make that stupid bet and disappear" he shook his head.

The more I find out, the more you don't make sense Moon goddess.

Why would you put Luke after me?

"Hear me out. After you told me what happened to you, how you became a Bookman I thought it might be the Moon goddess felt sympathy for you....I am still putting up possibilities...that was my part of the story. Arlen?" Luke shot Arlen a pointed look.

"Yeah yeah," Arlen took a deep breath "You were in my pack for a year, right?" He had a guilty look on his face. A little too late for that Arlen.

"Yes," I answered curtly.

"In this year, I didn't know you existed" he looked me in the eyes, regret in his eyes. He wants us to make up but he is scared of the thin ice to break. He is scared of me, he thinks I will decide that our bond is not worth it and give up on him without forgiving him.

"I am always informed about every rogue that comes into the dungeon or dies in it. Whoever gave you away to our pack as a rogue did a good job. You might remember those three scientists that were responsible for you. Whoever gave you away made a deal with the three to keep you a secret from me and every other scientists, they could freely experiment with you if they made sure to drive you to insanity, to torture you in the cruelest ways, and all that without a price, they just gave you away without getting paid. After you killed the three I found their journals about your case"

"I really shouldn't have trusted those three, they did a great job at covering your existence in the dungeon. When I did my yearly visit in the dungeon, I found your cell, which was supposed to be empty. So I did something I usually didn't do and went in to talk with you. You seemed so familiar so I ordered them to let you free, they said you need to take a sedative for them to be able to transport you from the dungeon...you probably know what happened after, you escaped" he glanced at me, he waited for my reaction. He can wait for long because my face was a blank stone wall, cold and unbreakable.

He never knew I was in his pack.

I was a whole year in that dungeon laboratory.

Saying it like that sounds even more real...yet it didn't bother me.

Being in that room was horrible...yet I felt as it wasn't the worst I have gone through.

After I escaped, it was so easy for me to get a grip on myself, I brushed off the one year like it was nothing. Like it never bothered me.

Luke spoke up again "They, who gave you away to Arlen's pack....what was their purpose? They didn't want money so what do they get from bringing you there? The only reason it might be is to make you suffer. They are people who must know you. Arian, they manipulated your memory and put you in a torture house, no one would do this unless they know you and have a lot against you..."

"Did you find out who?" My stomach curled painfully, whoever they are, they not only are after me but also Jake now. I can't let that happen.

"No. I am still searching. Searching a being who can manipulate memories is harder than it sounds. I brought you all here for us to be on the same page, whoever they are, they are dangerous, they know about our existence that is sure. We need every help we can get. Arian, be careful. I can't guarantee for Jake's safety" Luke muttered.

"I will be" I stood up and left.

What are you doing to me Moon goddess?

****************
There was a lot of information in this chapter, heh.

Expect slow updates *really sorry*

This is round 2 of choosing a title, you can still make suggestions.
I couldn't put "Fighting Fate" in round 2 because there is already a fairly Known and popular werewolf book with the name, it is a part of a series I think. You could check it out if you don't know the book already.

Vote for the best title.
Till now "Betrayed By Fate" had the most

1.Changing Fate.

2.Betrayed By Fate

3.Tortured By Fate

4. Fate's Torture

4 & 3 are almost the same, I know.

Hey, if you care I need a Boy name for another story I am writing 😂 comment!
Please help haha. It sbould be a name for a fairly quiet type of guy.

Vote
Comment
Share?

Enjoy<3

המשך קריאה

You'll Also Like

3.1K 162 6
"I know we've just met but I want to ask you out on a date." There was a beast like glint in his eyes that bothered a tiny part of me. I clutch on to...
2.6M 76.8K 48
#40 in werewolf -/-/- #55 in werewolf 4/18/2018 #71 in werewolf 11/18/2018 Book #1 of the 2&2 novels I didn't see it coming. Well physically I cant...
161K 4K 33
{rewritten version of Possessive Hearts} "Where do you think you're going?" He spoke. His big strong hands pinning me against the wall. The scent of...
533K 13.5K 39
"YOU ARE MINE" Blake said. He had his arm around my neck preventing me from escaping. "Get off me you psycho!" I shouted while struggling to get free...