The 100th Hunger Games: Modes...

By BryanZdravkoZhanje

As the Quarter Quell looms over the students, they must face their fears and each other in a battle like no o... More

Prologue: 100th Hunger Games
Chapter 1: Calm Before the Storm
Chapter 2: Instincts
Chapter 3: Under Covers
Chapter 4: False Alarm?
Chapter 5: Stopover
Chapter 6: Divided
Chapter 7: Chugging Along
Chapter 8: Welcome to Capitol
Chapter 9: We Fight, We Break Up?
Chapter 10: Leaving All Behind
Chapter 11: Frozen Hearts
Chapter 12: Makeover Madness (Part 1)
Chapter 13: Makeover Madness (Part 2)
Chapter 14: Chariot Parade
Chapter 15: The Stakes Are High
Chapter 16: Training Wars
Chapter 17: Show Me How Threatening You Are!
Chapter 18: Sinister Smile
Chapter 19: Interviews
Chapter 20: To the Arena!
Chapter 21: First Blood!
Chapter 22: Fearless
Chapter 23: Terrified
Chapter 24: Those Purple Eyes
Chapter 25: Implode
Chapter 26: Orange-Coloured Sky
Chapter 27: A Natural Heartbreaker
Chapter 28: Crushing Dreams
Chapter 29: Glint of Hope
Chapter 31: Desolation
Chapter 32: The Reason Why
Chapter 33: Forever the Name On My Lips
Chapter 34: The Rogue
Chapter 35-50: If The Clouds Don't Clear... (FINALE)

Chapter 30: Catastrophes

177 1 0
By BryanZdravkoZhanje

Day 3 - Arena (Morning)

A hurling tornado proceeds to make its way to the Cornucopia, bound to destroy all their supplies and drive them all away. In a matter of time, the TenStrong picked up the pace in preparation and scavenged the better packs to horde away in the nick of time before starting completely point blank.

Kurt: (solo) This isn't even good! I can't even freaking... anticipated this! NOW, Everyone's just going insane! It ruins my plans! My plans! This is a freaking catastrophe!

*Patrict scavenges his bow and arrow and grabs along Edmund*

Patrict: EDMUND! Come with me!

Patrict: (solo) I ... I saw a glint of hope... with that tornado... I ... I need this bow and arrow and Edmund took nothing... as he got rocked by the sound of the tornado and hurried away from Evita so yeah...

Kurt: *looks Edmund in the eye* *mumbles*

Edmund: (solo) I need to follow Master Kurt. I know his plans now. He wants me to do this. He wants us to get to the end. I know... even if we are now getting separated by this wind. I know where my loyalties lie and it's with Master Kurt.

Edmund: *nods*

Kurt: (solo) Even if I get separated by this split of wind of the tornado hurling towards us, I know Edmund is still on my side, thanks to this hypnotic syrup *holds it out* Well, just in case, it wears off... I know Edmund will drink it... and will stay by me... as my biggest weapon.

Evita: EDMUND! OH MY GOD! *braves the tornado* ... *gets flung back east*

Evita: (solo) NO WAY! NO WAY! No way I'm gonna lose him again! I was with him. No way! Oh my God! *cries* Why is everything not going my way?! Why does he have to be separated from me again and again! WHAT DID I DO?! I THOUGHT I WAS GONNA BE WITH HIM, BUT NOW! IT'S NEVER!

Edmund and Patrict headed out south, Kurt tried to follow but lost his lead on them as the tornado flung him back, Evita was trying a reroute to find Edmund down south but seemed hopeless. Evita accidentally dropped her chain whip. Steven followed Khrys' tracks on the way to Patrict and Edmund, but he got flung back by the hurling tornado to the eastern forest and mountain, towards Evita's path.

Evita: THIS IS TOO HEAVY! I don't need this *drops chain whip* *stumbles on a slope* ACKKKK!!!

Evita: (solo) I hate this so much. YOU KNOW WHAT? I did it! I risked everything just to be with the person I love... but it's just for one night? You know. I'm gonna go insane. Mababaliw na ako. *cries* Parang it's UNFAIR! WHY ARE YOU DOING THIS TO ME, MRS. FERNANDO?! You know what?! I'M DONE RESPECTING YOU. YOU KNOW WHAT? I DON'T LEARN ANYTHING FROM YOU AND YOUR MORALS IS JUST D-I-S-G-U-S-T-I-N-G.

Evita: MAKIKITA KO BA SIYA O HINDI NA?! .... Makikita *plucks petal from a flower* ... Hindi na *plucks petal from flower* ... I HATE THIS!!! *cries* WAIT. WHO'S THAT?

Steven: EVIIIITTTTAAAAAA! =D

Evita: (solo) ... I hate this. He's freaking creepy. I don't even know him so much, but I know I missed how awesomely soft his lips are, and how awesomely purple his eyes has become and how I can really feel his hair like velvet. It's just I miss those times and it's been like 2 minutes! I MISS HIM! I HATE THIS TORNADO!

--

Erika was running towards Dan and Jan Paul who seems to have been lost on the thick of things, but atleast they have their weapons - a dagger and a warhammer respectively, along with Erika's Staff...

Erika: DAN! JAN PAUL!!! Come here!

Jan Paul: Erika?!?!

Dan: ERIKA!!!

Erika: AKO NGA! Halika dito! Let's go somewhere! Somewhere they won't see!

Erika: (solo) I saw my two boys - two guys I've ever loved... running away from a tornado... No way they're gonna be taken by that tornado away from me... I know much better! YOU KNOW. IT'S NOT FAIR THAT I'VE TRAVELLED THE WHOLE BORDERS OF CHAPARRAL. But maybe I can do better, if I go back to the chaparral with them, everyone doesn't seem to explore it but me, atleast we can hide.

Dan: LET'S GO!

Jan Paul: I know! LET'S DO THIS!

Jan Paul: (solo) I was so thrilled to see Erika and to be set by the fact that she is gonna be there to nurse us now. All I heard from her back then was DAN, DAN and DAN... di niya ba ako napapansin? *is sentimental*

Dan: (solo) ... I mean... I can't run that fast but I know... for Erika, gagawin ko yun... I think mahal ko pa rin siya... kahit ganun siya, even if she has a lot of shortcomings I'm sure... she's the one. She's the one.

Erika: *hugs Dan first*

Jan Paul: (solo) *jaw drops* ... *is sad* Bakit. Bakit... hindi ako? ...

Jan Paul: You know, Erika! i'VE ran through that but the tornado... is still hurling at us... let's go.

Erika: LET'S GO TO THE BORDERS!

Dan: To that drylands?! NO WAY!

Jan Paul: YES WAY!

Erika: LET'S JUST GO THERE, DAN! Before we get swallowed.

Dan: Damn.

Erika: (solo) Alam ko. Kita ko sa mata ni Jan Paul na nasaktan siya. I need to really credit him. I need to show him he's needed. I need to show him na he's appreciated. Bakit kasi ang tanga ko! NAGPAPAKATANGA AKO SA TAONG DI AKO MAHAL!

Erika: *kisses Jan Paul at the cheek* I miss you!

Jan Paul: ...I love you.

Dan: STOP IT! WE HAVE TO RUN!

Dan: (solo) Nagseselos ako! I don't know where we're going but it's through a patch of snow and tundra... but I know SI JAN PAUL PALA ANG GUSTO NI ERIKA! Bakit di ko maamin na mahal ko parin siya?!?! BAT ANG TANGA KO?!

They ran away, ignoring Shannah and Shelley residing in the snow portion to get to the borders and it startled them too as they saw the giant  tornado in the center - in the Cornucopia and it's just dancing there.

--

Jonas held tight to Justine as they ran away to the eastern woods. They don't know what to do but all they know is they've traveled this way two times before.

Jonas: (solo) ...I... I am so happy I get to be beside Justine and walking alongside him when the tornado surfaced... I don't know how I would feel kung wala si Justine...kung wala akong makapitan sa mga panahong... nagagalit ang mundo...

Jonas: I'm so sorry, Just! I'm so bad at this! I'm sorry we don't have any packs or supplies.

Justine: All that I want is you safe - OKAY.

Jonas: *reddens* Oh ...

Jonas: (solo) I do feel like I don't wanna kill Justine off... all I know is that I don't know what would happen to me if Justine's gone... I HOPE YOU HAVE A RULE THAT ALLOWS TWO PEOPLE FROM THE SAME GENDER TO WIN!

Mrs. Fernando: *at the control room* HAHAHAHAHAHAHA............ NO!

Justine: ...Halika na... okay...

Justine: (solo) Jonas is like my brother now. He never left my side for once, and now I'm hoping we can both win... but I'm still guilty about killing Roselyn... if only the pain would go away.

Overlooking the trek Justine and Jonas are taking, Camille is now lurking in the shadows ready to attack... but decided not to as she mumbles out...

Camille: ...Justine... be ready. You don't know who you'll face...

Justine: Huh?! CAMILLE?!?!

Camille: *hides*

Jonas: No, there's no one! Don't be too stressed out okay! *pats Justine's back*

Daniel made his way to the eastern side but not before completely being lost on the way as he did not see any signs of life, but just endless jungle experience...

Daniel: CENNNN?!?!?! CENTINIELLE?!?!?!?! CENNNN?!?!?! I need to find you!

--

Khrys is following Edmund and Patrict as they negotiated about sneaking away together and now's really the chance. Now's the chance to escape all the danger their group faced with two tough leaders - Kurt and Steven, Kurt, predominantly.

Khrys: (solo) I need to get on with them! I knew with them, I have a shot at finding Mikha... or even Bryan just in the case and maybe we can reform and be the new F4?! You know I hate the word TenStrong! That just broke everything... even Mikha away from me...

Khrys: PATRICT! EDMUND!!!

Edmund: ...Patrict. Si Khrys yata yun?

Patrict: OO NGA! Balik tayo!

Khrys managed to catch up to Edmund and Patrict and they're together now, but missing one piece of the puzzle.

Khrys: We need Bryan.

Edmund: ...Oh... we need to find Bryan. We need to!

Patrict: ...Errr...

Patrict: (solo) I ... I notice something's fishy with Edmund. I knew he wants to kill Bryan just because Kurt was there but I don't know if he's still natural the way he said that phrase. I know... I just hope whatever Kurt made him do... I just hope it doesn't bite us back in the end... because I wish we can all be complete...

Khrys: Why?!

Patrict: I'll tell you later ... for now! Let's go down south!

Edmund: ...WAIT! ... Guitar!! Khrys! *picks up Guitar*

Khrys: (solo) As it turns out, Edmund found a guitar - the ones probably handed down to Mir but I see no sense to throw it away - I think Mikha would be lured to the sound of it. I knew it... I knew it! MUSIC!

Khrys: Mamaya, kakanta tayo.

Edmund: ...Sige... sige.

Edmund: (solo) I know Bryan is trying to kill me. He will kill me. Master Kurt said that so it is true. He never lies. He is awesome. He should win. I should die for Master Kurt.

Patrict: Let's go before Kurt catches up!

Edmund: ...Sige.

Khrys, Edmund and Patrict are probably deep in the forest and lost their water source in the taiga, in a lake there, where they get their supply, but yeah, they're back here - near the stream, with no one around but animals and two girls trying to suppress a breath in hopes to not be found out - Clairol and Celina.

~*~

Kenneth called out Kurt's attention when they went down south. The tornado already stopped but no one is dispersing - all are allocated in their missions to hunt down prey or maybe find some refuge in other tributes, eventually splitting the paths they all took.

Kenneth: KURT! You are never gonna catch them! Halika dito! We stay here sa Cornucopia

Kurt: *throws rage fit* THESE PEOPLE. THEY ALL SUCK!

Kurt: (solo) IT'S FREAKING HARD. I want to control Edmund! NOW! They took my puppet away! DAMMIT! I hope he finds a way to survive himself! I WISH I JUST! F*** ! I HATE THIS! NOW, I'M THE BIGGEST IDIOT IN THE GAMES! MY FATHER WOULD SOOOOO NOT ACCEPT ME ANYMORE!!! ARGHHH!

Kenneth: It's not over. I'm here. You know what? They're less stronger than us, Kurt.

Kurt: Maybe you're right...

Kenneth: They'll eventually come back.

Kenneth: (solo) This is only the first step. The implosion and the interest of others are so wide and really I cannot list them all, but the only thing is that I'm with the strongest, Kurt is the only one I needed to play. Let 'em kill. Let 'em kill! In the end, it is I who will trap them all with my complicated snares. I'm so happy! CAN I GET THE WIN NOW?! CAN I GET MY OWN HOUSE NOW?! *laughs*

The hope in Kenneth's eyes are so definite. The others also sighed relief as they stand a chance now, they stand a chance against these strong boys breaking down for own self-interest. Everyone witnessed the tornado and they knew... they're even. Kenneth and Kurt returned to put up a trap around the beeline of the Cornucopia keeping him and Kurt safe, along with the remaining supplied that didn't suffer the tornado's wrath.

~*~

Celina and Clairol are now having difficulty in holding their breath thinking that these guys are brutal but finally, Celina breathed on a sigh of relief as he knew and discovered the boys and came out from the bushes.

Celina: GUYS! Kami to!

Clairol: Yesss!

Patrict: Celina!

Patrict: (solo) I was so happy to find Celina is here. First of all, she saved my life. I know her intentions are good so seeing her out here was a pleasure.

Celina: ...Patrict... *hugs*

Patrict: *hugs* Ikaw talaga... Salamat ahhh...

Celina: (solo) Oh my Gosh! Kinikilig ako! I... I mean all those pain last night... it's freaking gone! It's freaking away! I... I was so happy Patrict appreciated me for once in my life...

Clairol: ...Guys. Chricia is a brutal murderer. She killed Ella. *cries on Khrys' chest*

Clairol: (solo) I know Khrys is a sacristan and it's kind of awkward being beside him but do you think we'd make a good couple? I mean, Bryan is probably away now, I mean, I can joint win with him but Khrys is just awesome... you know I really like the guy..

Khrys: Oh... don't cry, Claire! Be happy! We're still alive! You know...

Clairol: But... but... *hugs* ...

As Mikha and Janella got startled by their voices, they discovered their location and found out Clairol has been hugging Khrys.

Mikha: LIAR!! *storms off*

Janella: ...Halika na... I've seen him ... no way now, no way now. It's not me.

Mikha: (solo) HE'S A LIAR! HE JUST SET ME UP! HE JUST WANTED ME SO HE CAN HAVE SPONSOR!! THAT'S ME?!?! IS THAT ME?! I'VE BEEN PLAYED ALL ALONG! HINDI NA! NO ONE CAN HURT ME NOW! *cries*

Janella: Mikha... tahan na...

Khrys: MIKHA?!?! *runs* ... HINDI! HINDIIII! NO! YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND

Mikha: ALISSSS KA NA! WAG MO NA AKONG SUNDAN!!!

Khrys: ...I'm sorry Clairol but... she... she is my life. I'm sorry.

Khrys: (solo) Mikha has been someone who I wanted all along... But... I hate... I hate that it has to end this way. I hate that I ... I would never probably see her again... But I hold out hope. That's a costly mistake.

Khrys: Halika na...

Edmund: ...Claire...?

Khrys: Stop talking to her...

Edmund: ...Alam mo ba kung saan si Bryan...?

Clairol: ... *cries* ... NO... I have an inkling he's in the western rainforest... I have a feeling...

Edmund: Thank you.

Khrys: STOP TALKING TO HER, EDMUND!

Clairol: (solo) ...NO way! I didn't mean it. Now, I'm... I'm a bad person *cries* ... I tried! I did my best ! I thought Khrys... Khrys would appreciate me... but no... no way now ;-;

Celina: Patrict... sama ako...

Khrys: WALANG SASAMA!

Patrict: ...Khrys...?

Celina: ...Clairol, I'm sorry, I ... I ... know... I need to travel west... I need to go with them...

Clairol: GO AWAY! LET ME BE ALONE! THAT'S ALL YOU ARE.

Celina: (solo) Sorry Clairol... pero I have to leave you alone... I need to be with Patrict... I need to... *cries* I can't let him go away like that... after being in my grasp!

Khrys: (solo) I DON'T FREAKING CARE FOR THOSE GIRLS! LET THEM DIE! LET THEM TASTE WHAT THEY DID TO ME! THEY DID MAKE ME LOSE SOMEONE! SOMEONE I LOVE!! NO WAY! IF I AM NOT A GENTLEMAN, I WOULD HAVE BEHEADED CLAIROL BUT I AM A GENTLEMAN... I JUST... I JUST FEEL LIKE SH*T!

Clairol: (solo) *cries* Why do they always misunderstand me?! WHY?! Am I always wrong?!?! AM I ALWAYS gonna go down as the girl who broke too many hearts?! NO WAY! I... I wish I can find a way to make sure... I can repay back what I did to Khrys. *cries*

Patrict, Khrys and Edmund headed west now - in search for Bryan, but they're not in the right state of mind. Khrys seemed to have calmed down particularly, due to them speeding up, Celina was lost in the confusing southern Jungle - all by herself.

~*~

Shannah and Shelley taught they're being hunted down as they're trying to move out of the snowy area deep into the forest.

Shannah: Shelley... I saw Erika, Jan Paul and Dan... pumunta sila sa Chaparral ba yun... I'm scared at that place, they can throw forest fires you know...

Shelley: ...I don't know what happened to Irish, maybe she was killed off later in a fight?

Shannah: I DON'T CARE! All I know is sina Cen at Sheila na lang ang natitira!

Shannah: (solo) I'm a competitive person and in this life and death situation, I'm clinging to dear life, I can kill Shelley if she proves to be a threat, but as of now, not yet!

Shelley: *silver parachute falls from the sky and she opens it* SHOES! "Wear in all terrains!" -Ms. Vasquez!

Shannah: Wow! Buti nalang may nakuha kang ganyan!

Shelley: I think this means na we should go to the Eastern forest na... find some water there... and hope for the best... atleast I have stock for us... grabe ung tornado... atleast wala na yun

Shelley: (solo) I lost my shoes when running away... I mean, Shannah's pretty fast, I'm like the thinnest girl out of here and I still look like Barbie, at least. That's my edge. It's amazing... oh and I noticed that my shoes are just doll shoes. I know Ms. Vasquez wants to elevate the story of Barbie surviving out here... and to reinforce the idea of an out-of-nowhere victory that I would notch. Joint win could be a way but with whom?

They both make their way to the eastern forest and scale the mountain surrounding it, it's not as high but it's kind of notable for the Hunger Games.

~*~

Day 3 - Arena (Noon)

In the desert, it's been exactly one day since Mark has been scavenging for water and he's losing it now with the hot temperature in the desert with the sun looming high across. He's getting by in sips with Joram's bottle.

Mark: (solo) I'M BURNING! I'm shivering! ... I can't do it anymore! I need to get away from this! ... I need WATER!

Mark: Penge tubig... Joram na Pinakapoging Lalake sa Balat ng Lupa.

Joram: MALI! *latay* *sweat reeks of Mark's face* *a cut opens up due to the extreme force* ... Dapat Joram na Pinakapoging Lalake sa Balat ng Langit at Lupa.

Mark: TAMA! Totoo po yan! Joram na Pinakapoging Lalake sa Balat ng Langit at Lupa *umubo*

Joram: BAKIT KA UMUUBO?! Pag mapanuod yan ni Leezel pag nanalo kami sa Hunger Games na ito! Dapat makita niya ang pagkagwapo ko! Potsa naman pre! AYUSIN MO!

Joram: (solo) Narinig ko ang announcement. Handa na ako. Iniisip ko na ang susutin ko tsaka dapat nilang gawin sa akin, para hindi na ako aapihin. Bagong bago na ang Joram na ito. Dati tahimik. Ngayon, ang gusto ko. Gusto ko kasama ko si Leezel sa dulo. Sana nandun kaming dalawa. Mahal na mahal ko siya. Mahal na mahal siya ng pinakapoging lalake sa balat ng langit at lupa - si Joram. Ako.

Mark: EH AYOKO NGA SABIHIN EH!!?!?!!? KASI NAKAKAINIT NG DUGO?!!?!

Joram: MAINIT NA DUGO?! GUSTO MO PALA NUN!!?!?! *releases Machete*

Mark: WAG KA NGANG MAGPAKALALAKE ! HINDI BAGAY!! *swings Machete slashing through his leg*

Joram: DI BA BAGAY? Eh kung mapatay kita? Sino magmumukhang bakla?!

Mark: T*T* mo. Malamang! DIBA PRE?! *gets dart*

Mark: (solo) *Bad fingers* KALA MO PRE. Di ako ganito kabilis mapatay. Atleast ako, pag mamatay, may dignidad. Hindi yung sumuko lang sa isang nagpapakalalake pero hindi naman!

The sandstorm brushes off their tent away and clogs sand in their eyes due to the intensity of a game controller sandstorm - the desert temperature heats up in conjunction with the sandstorm.

Mark: UGHHHH! KASALANAN MO LAHAT ITO JORAM!

Joram: (solo) SHET! Ang inet. Kailangan ko ng pamaypay! Yung anahaw! Yung green! Kailangan ko na yun! Kaso wala! Kelangan ko na si Leezel. Magpapaypay siya sa aken! Mamahalin niya ako bilang pinakapoging tao sa lahat. Kailangan niya akong sambahin. Kailangan niya akong sundin. Kailangan kong malaman kung gaano niya ako kamahal kahit scripted yun! Basta! Kailangan kong magmukhang pinakapogi sa mundo dahil iyon ang katotohanan. Naniniwala ako na si Ayodhya! ANG HARI NG MGA TALA... sinabi niya sa akin na ako ang pinakagwapo sa lahat at ako ang nakatakdang hirang...!

Joram ran away to the tundra in hopes of finding Leezel leaving Mark drying in his own blood and in thirst.

Mark: I SEE THE OASIS! please *removes the sand in his eyes* AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!! *the scorching on his leg intensifies* ...

Mark: Please... I just want too get to the oasis... NO IT'S SO FAR...

*A silver parachute drops from a distance* ...

Mark: (solo) SIR REGENCIA DROPPED ME ONE?! Oh my ! That's... THAT'S AWESOME! I just need to get through this despite the pain inside... despite everything... *sweats*

Mark: ...WATER! *he's inches away from water* ... *Opens gift box* AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW! *cries in pain* WATER BOTTLE! "Good job, I'm proud of you" -Mr. Regencia.

Mark: (solo) Well... No water... ATLEAST I TRIED... getting but the hot sun intensified... AWWWW! NOOOOOO! *cries in agony as the blood dried off and he was taken by the hovercraft*

A cannon fired signifying Mark's permanent departure - his departure marked by staying true to his advocacies and persevering despite not much sponsors tried so the water can't be sent in his way but Mark tried his best each step of the way, signifying a tearful goodbye in Mr. Regencia's part as he realized how valuable and how awesome mark is.

THE DEAD:

35th - Mark (Killed by Joram, Technically by Thirst)

~*~

TO BE CONTINUED...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

171M 5.6M 67
A place where everything is mysterious, enchanting, bloody, and shitty. Entering is the other way of suicidal. Just one wrong move and everything wil...
343K 8.6K 97
Two opposite worlds come together. How will they establish harmony after their initial encounter was unfavorable? Would you be open to befriending so...
68.7K 1.9K 48
BINI ships Oneshots Compilation.