The Forgiven Bionic| Lab Rats...

נכתב על ידי caler_jo_hyden

*Book two of Secretly Super, the Lab Rats story* Lab Rat D, but known as Destiny, finds herself intertwined w... עוד

Destiny
The Rise of Six
Holding out for a Hero
Power Play
The Superhero Code
Need for Speed
Follow the Leader
The List
Coming through in the Clutch
The Intruder
The Rock
Home Sweet Home: Pt.1
Home Sweet Home: Pt.2
Remember
Game of Drones
They Grow Up So Fast
The Attack: Pt.1
The Attack: Pt.2
Season Two ❤️
Shapeshift Sickness
How Long Is Forever?
Going Wonkers
Switched
The Mark
The Prophesy
The Wish: Pt.1
The Wish: Pt.2
The Ghost
Quake Exposed
Inevitable
Choices
A Brave New World
Season 3
Date with Destiny
Inhumans: Pt.1
Inhumans: Pt.2
The Puppet Master
O Brother of Mine
Surprise Birthday Party
You'll Be Okay
Come Back To Us
The End
Epilogue
Last Author's Note
Epigraph by Lab Rat D

Memory Lost

1.5K 38 17
נכתב על ידי caler_jo_hyden

✖️✖️✖️✖️

"Put me down!" I state while the tall bionic guy, which is Adam I think, still had his arms wrapped around my waist, pinning my arms to my side while I was slightly in the air. "This is called kidnapping. You just kidnapped me! And you can let me go now."

"If we let you go, are you gonna leave to go back there?" Donald questioned me, not looking up from his cyberdesk.

"Obviously." I answer snidely, struggling in the boy's strong grip.

"Then, no, we won't let you go. Not until we find a way to restore your memory." Chase commented, also standing beside Davenport behind the cyberdesk.

"My parents will come for me. You can't just keep me here like a prisoner... I didn't want to have to do this, but you left me with no choice." I reply, blasting the tall boy, Adam, away from me by my energy blast as he crashed into the wall behind us.

"Des, come on. We just want you back. This isn't who you are. You know us." Another guy, Kaz, spoke up.

"I don't know who you guys are. And, I'm leaving." I comment, shooting Oliver, who was starting to approach me, with my ice ability and froze him. "And you can't stop me."

"You're right, we can't." Donald said, slowly approaching me, his hands halfway raised in surrender, "If you don't feel anything towards any one of us, then you can leave. But, I- I know you do, Des. Come on, we're your family. We're your home. Try and remember who you were- are."

I fold my arms across my chest, pouting slightly, saying, "Fine. I'll stay for just a day. That gives you twenty-four hours to help restore my memory. If it doesn't come, then you're wrong and you have the wrong person and you'll let me go. Deal?"

Donald looked hesitant but nodded and replied, "Deal."

Kaz shot his fire power towards the very frozen Oliver and unfroze him from the block of ice that he was trapped inside of currently. "That- That was too cold, even for me, and I- I have the same power." Oliver shivered.

"Chase, how about you take Des and show her around? Help jog her memory? Douglas and I'll stay down here and try to find a way to reverse this, whatever this is." Donald started.

"I'm not going anywhere. I only trust Douglas." I reply, not moving from my spot that I was still standing at, my arms still folded across my chest. Donald, Chase, Oliver, and Kaz looked a little hurt when I had said that. Douglas had a hint of a smile on his face but also sadness.

"Just- Just come on. You once lived here, also." Chase commented, walking over to me and stopped beside me. He gestured for me to go first as I groaned and started walking.

The two of us moved to a high-tech elevator that sent us up to their penthouse in less than a second. I glance behind us at the elevator as a wall covered it and now a fireplace was behind us. "Whoa. Fancy elevator. That's actually pretty cool." I admire.

"You helped Mr. Davenport build that- and most of the tech that you see around you." Chase replied, gesturing around the place.

"I don't remember that at all." I shrug and then let out a sigh. "When I said that he was the only one I trust, it's not that I think of you guys any less. It's just- I'm not sure why, but I believe him..."

"It's okay-" Chase started, clearing his throat, "Hey, why don't Bree show you where your room was at? Maybe it'll help jog your memory?" He nodded for his sister to come over here as she walked over here from the kitchen where Skylar and Leo also was at.

"Yeah, come on." Bree agreed, grabbing my wrist and super speeded the two of us up the stairs and to the bedroom. "This is the girls' dorm. You, Skylar, and I were- are roommates. Anything?" I shake my head. "Okay then. Um, how about you change out of your princess-y dress and into clothes from here?"

I shrug and then look through their clothes, picking out an outfit. I was now wearing black skinny jeans, a blue, denim button-up shirt with black combat boots and a black leather jacket. I left my brown hair down and then walk out of the room as Bree and I walked back downstairs.

Chase met us at the bottom of the stairs and looked at me in question. "How about you and I go for a walk, visit your places? Maybe that'll help...?" He asked me as I shrug again and start walking towards the door with him.

We walk out of the penthouse and then out of the building. It was silent between both of us for a minute or two. I glance over at him as we now walked down the sidewalk. "So, you and I- We must've been really close. Were the two of us dating?"

Chase nodded as he glanced over at me also, saying, "Yeah, we were... You're the one who just truly understands me and was always there for me. We always found a way to be together. We always found each other..."

I stop in my tracks, grabbing onto his arm as I then recalled a memory.

Elizabeth opened up a purple- with hues of blue and green in it- portal that was kind of like a blackhole. Everyone was holding onto a cyber desk, a bar, or something else that was sturdy and won't blow away. Chase grabbed my hand to prevent me from falling into the portal. "What is she doing?" Donald asked/yelled over the loud windy noise from the portal.

"Taking me to her home! I have to go!" I yell over the noise, looking over at the portal.

"What?! No, Des, you can't!" The trio, Leo, and Donald exclaimed in protest while still holding on. The only thing that was holding me from being pulled into the portal was Chase holding my hand.

"Chase, let me go." I tell him, now holding onto his wrist as he held mine.

"No, no, I won't. You are not leaving me- us." Chase said.

"I can't stay." I reply softly, tears in my eyes as we look at each other.

"But I love you." Chase murmured, actually saying it for the first time.

"I love you. I love you in every way that I can. And I'll miss you the most." I softly replied where only he could hear me. A tear slid down my cheek coldly. "I'll miss the future I might have had with you."

"You're willing to sacrifice that?" Chase quietly said.

"Sometimes we have to make sacrifices." I begin.

"No, I can't let you go. I won't." Chase commented as I smile sadly.

"This isn't goodbye... This until we find a way." I whisper lightly. "We will find a way."

"And what if we don't?" Chase asked.

"We will. We always find each other." I answer. "Let me go."

"I won't let go." Chase murmured. I pull up towards him and kiss him tenderly and fall back down to my original position where only his hand held mine.

"Des, don't go! We need you! Why do you have to go?!" Leo asked/yelled.

"I made a deal with her to help save Adam, Bree, and Chase before Douglas found them!" I admit, "I love you guys and... I'm sorry." I phase my hand and wrist through Chase's grip and was then sucked into the portal along with my biological mother.

"Des, you okay?" Chase asked me, holding my hand that was holding onto his arm as he looked at me in concern. "What happened? Did you just remember?"

I furrow my eyebrows and shake my head a little, letting out, "N-No, it was just a memory of us. I don't remember you guys or the life that I had with all of you. But, I do know I share this memory with you. And that has to mean something, right?" We both were looking into each other's eyes while I show him the memory that I just remembered through my telepathic ability.

"I remember that. It was that day when Mr. Davenport did his jet-wing stunt and you saved him." Chase replied once the memory finished playing inside of our minds, "You came back to us then, and you will come back to us now. I have faith. You were the one who taught me, actually, all of us, to have hope, faith, always."

We was now quiet, both of us still looking at each other. Both of us was about to kiss as I move my face and step back, closing my eyes, slightly stammering, "I can't. It's just- I just- I can't... That Destiny, that's not me. It can't be. The way that all of you keep describing her... She's a hero, a true one. She sounds selfless, kind, and- and smart, all of the things that I'm not. I try to be, but... I'm sorry, you've got the wrong girl." I start to walk away from him just as a single tear fell down my face.

"Des, wait!" Chase called after me and then started to run after me, slowing down and grabbed my arm, making me face him. He moved his other hand and cupped the side of my face as I look down and pull my arm out of his hand and then stepped back.

"I'm sorry, but you should just let me go." I whisper softly.

"I think you know that you are her deep down. I think a part of you still remembers who you really are. You're just... afraid of what might happen if you remember." Chase started.

"What's so great about me remembering? You guys said that you're my only family now, especially because my parents, both biological and foster, had died. If I remember who I was, then what if everything sets back to the way things used to be? I would be an orphan. My parents would be dead! I don't want that, okay?" I reply, "I have a home, a- a family, already. If I remember, then I'll just have friends and- and my brother. That's all." Another tear fell down my face then. "So, how is that fair to me? Hmm? If- If being a hero means losing my family, then... I don't know."

I slowly nod at his silence, him not able to find what to say next, and then I start walking back to the penthouse as Chase followed after me. "Des-" He tried but I keep walking and then enter inside of the building and then head up to the penthouse. 

We was now inside of the elevator as Chase sighed and clicked the button on the control panel that makes the elevator stop. "Listen to me, okay? If you're leaving, then I should tell you. I- I never got to say thank you."

"For what?" I quietly ask.

"I want to thank you for giving me everything that I wanted. A love that consumed me, passion, adventure, the promise that love can be eternal, hope. There's nothing more that I could ever want, other than for it to last forever, but... Sometimes, it can't. I don't know what I would do if you weren't here. Thank you, for everything. You're the best thing that ever happened to me. It feels like I can't live without you. I love you. I will always love you."

My lip trembled before murmuring, "Let me tell you something... I'm not a hero. I can't save anyone. I just- I just destroy things that I touch. Some people believes that I'm just the Destroyer. The only ones who have believed in me have been my parents. And I don't even know why! I'm hopeless. There are some things in life that are out of your control and that you have to live with."

"I believe in you. We believe in you. Okay? We have always believed in you, Des. You're not some hopeless case. You don't destroy things. You helped create this family, you're basically the foundation of what we're about. If you fail, you always try again. And if you had failed again, then you would just keep trying. You never gave up on anything- or anyone. You never gave up hope. There is always hope. You taught me that." Chase replied, holding my arms in his hands.

A bunch of memories of the two of us flashed into my head as I look down and close my eyes, remembering parts of the past, parts of who I was. I open my eyes and look up at him, my eyes watery. "Chase?" I breathed out, his eyes eyebrows rose a little as he watched me carefully. "I- I remember you."

Chase softly laughed and hugged me tightly, my arms wrapped around his neck as I smile a little. We part just as a weird burning feeling overwhelmed me as I fell to my knees on the elevator floor, breathless, and look down at the floor. "They're gone..." I whisper, my lip trembling.

Chase knelt down in front of me, holding my hand, asking in concern, "Who is?"

"The Moores. Everything is starting to reset. As soon as I remember everything, my parents will be gone, too..." I answer him quietly as he wrapped his arms around me reassuringly and helped me back up.

I step back and nod as he looked at me. "So, who all do you remember?" Chase asked as I answer, "Just you completely and little bit of everyone else but not really." He wrapped his arm around me, pulling me close, and then clicked the button on the panel to make the elevator start moving again. Chase kissed my forehead then, still holding my hand in his.

The elevator doors then opened as the two of us stepped out. We walk hand in hand and then enter inside of the penthouse. Leo walked up to us and stopped in front of us. "Please tell me that you remember yet?" He begged.

"I... Sorry-" I start.

"But, her memory is coming back to her. She remembers me now and Des remembers bits and pieces of all of you." Chase finished with a small nod. "Hey, Leo, try telling her something from a special memory, but it has to be a strong memory, something that maybe can help bring her fully back." He let my hand go hesitantly and stepped back from Leo and I.

Leo thought about what he was going to say to me first and then just immediately reply, "You say you don't know who you are anymore but I do. You're my best friend since day one. You're my sister. Nothing will change that. Please don't leave us, Des. We need you... I need you." He took a deep breath before continuing, "You stuck by my side through everything, ever since we were just six years old! Remember?"

I gasp a little and recalled a memory then.

"I don't wanna let go. I don't wanna think that everything is changed, that... that I have to start over. The worst thing that could possibly happen actually did... I'm an orphan in this world and... In my world, I have a mom, a dad, and I'm not- I'm not lost." I murmur, holding back tears. "I think it might be time I leave. Maybe I'll see you guys again, somewhere down the road..." I continue, letting the tears free finally. "So, again, I'm sorry."

Leo walked over to us and now stood in front of me. "You're sorry? You get to be angry-" He started.

"I'm not. I'm not angry." I sighed.

"You should be! You drew the short end of the straw in life. Your foster parents lied to you about being biologically theirs, you was experimented on when you were a baby, your parents were killed right in front of you! You should be yelling and trying to blame someone." Leo replied.

"Leo-" I start.

"Let me say this. You're always there for us, like stayed with us through everything that happened. You always look out for us and care about us and you just... loved us." Leo cut me off.

"You say you don't know who you are anymore but I do. You're my best friend since day one. Nothing will change that. Please don't leave us, Des. We need you." Leo continued, "When you're gone, all we do is argue and it was chaotic. You don't think we need you but we really do. You give us hope. You're probably the greatest thing that has ever happened to this family."

I smile sadly and wrap my arms around his neck, hugging him. "You do that, too, Leo. You give hope to this family. And you're my best friend, too. But, I'm also needed there- They need me too. That's why I'm not saying goodbye because it's not. I'll find a way to get back. I always do." I let go and geo-leap away from them.

I blink twice and look at Leo and smile a little, nodding. "Yeah, I remember, Leo." The two of us hugged one another after he let out a relieved laugh. The previous burning feeling struck in my heart as I fall to my knees, tears sprung to my eyes. "Mom..." I murmur sadly and then sighed.

"Des?" Leo and Chase both asked, helping me back onto my feet. "You okay?"

"No, I'm not. The more I remember... It's all going back to the way things were. Everything's resetting. I just lost my mom- again. Now, I just have my dad and- It just sucks having to lose them all over again..." I murmur quietly. "Where's everyone else at?"

"Down in mission command. Come on, let's go see them." Leo answered.

The three of us entered the hyperlift and was sent down to the lab, walking over to the group who was standing around the cyberdesk. "Have you figured out a way to fix this yet?" Bree questioned Douglas and Donald.

"Guys, guess what? Des remembers Chase and I! She also remembers bits and pieces of everyone else." Leo announced as the group turned and looked over at the three of us.

Donald was about to speak up until a purple portal began to open in the center of mission command. I smiled but quickly hid it when Douglas and Donald glanced over at me. "I told you they'd find a way to come here for me." I comment just as my father stepped out of the portal and looked at the two grown men, moving his hands on his hips.

Chase's arm was in front of me protectively as I move it away and run to my father, hugging him as David hugged me back, his hand on the back of my head as he held me in his arms, relieved that I was okay and safe. "I want to go home." I murmur to him, my voice breaking as a tear fell down my face. He nodded as we part from the hug.

"David, it's good to see you..." Donald spoke up, his smile forced.

"You kidnap my daughter again, well, let's just say it'll be a mistake to do a second time." My father threatened him with a small smile. He was standing halfway in front of me protectively now. I look at the three men in amusement, my eyebrows slightly raised. "Stay away from her."

"She was part of our family first. You abandoned her when she was a baby. We never did-" Douglas started.

I step forward and defend my dad and reply to the spiky haired man, "They never abandoned me. I was taken away from them. It isn't their fault. And, for you to say something like that, it just shows that you don't know me." Douglas and Donald looked down at the cyberdesk. The both of them actually looked hurt, like they did know me and like they have never lied to me. The look the two of them had just showed on their faces was familiar when I had left them those many times in the past.

Then something clicked inside of my mind as I remember Douglas and Donald Davenport completely. I gasp out breathlessly and shake my head, looking over at my father with tears in my eyes. He was going to vanish any time. "No- Dad..."

He looked at me with a sad smile, remembering his death and the time leading up to it. "It's okay, you'll be okay, Des." David glanced over at the two men behind me and told them, "Take care of my daughter." Donald and Douglas nodded without any hesitation. 

David looked back at me and hugged me again, his hand on the back of my head and kissed the top of my head also. He was starting to fade. "At least, this time, I get to say goodbye... I- I'm so proud of who you are, my daughter. I love-" My father then faded away completely then.

I quickly shake my head as tears fell onto my cheeks coldly. I numbly step over to Donald, looking at him with teary eyes. "Big D, you- you have to bring him back..." I remove my hand that was halfway covering my mouth after glancing behind me where my father just left permanently and then back at Donald and then at Douglas. "Please... I- I didn't even say goodbye... Even though, I can't say goodbye again. Please help me..."

"Des, there's nothing that we can do." Donald regrettably told me, fixing to pull me into a reassuring hug as I step back and face the empty spot where my father was, falling down on my knees while squeezing my eyes shut tightly, my eyebrows furrowed, and just started to cry, and break down right there.

***

"Is Des going to be okay?" Adam questioned both Donald and Douglas. It was the next day, and since Destiny remembers everything and everyone now, everything is back to normal, almost. 

Destiny is grieving over her family being gone- again.

"I don't know. She's hurting right now. She just needs time." Donald answered with an anguish sigh.

Upstairs, on the terrace, Destiny sat on top of the wall, her knees against her chest with her arms folded and rested on top of her knees. She watched the city below her with teary eyes and could also hear the team talking in mission command. "Hey." Destiny looked over at the glass door to see Reese standing there who had spoke up.

"Hey." Destiny sighed, moving one leg as it now dangled off the side of the building and her other leg tucked underneath that one.

"Heard what happened..." Reese began, stepping over to where she was still sitting and leaned against the wall and glanced back over at her friend, "I'm sorry." Destiny didn't bother to say anything and looked back down at the city below. "It sucks to lose family... I lost my mom. My dad and siblings are the only ones I've got left, besides you."

"You consider me family?" Destiny repeated.

"Yeah, it just took me awhile to realize that, though." Reese smiled a little. She looked down at the city also and glanced at her. "You expecting me to let you know that it gets better?"

Destiny shrugged and commented, "I just thought that one of the team or my brother had told you to check on me. Sorry."

"Nah. I came on my own will, my own choice." Reese replied, and paused briefly and thought about her next set of words and then she continued, "You're gonna leave or at least thinking about it, aren't you?" Destiny glanced over at her again. "I know you're thinking it because you and I are a lot alike. That's what I do. We run away, not because of cowardice but... from just losing hope."

Destiny sadly laughed and then sighed, "I just don't want to lose anyone else. After all, I'm known as the Destroyer, which basically means more people's gonna die because of me..."

"Well, you won't be able to get rid of me that easily, especially because some prophesy of you says so. I'm there for you. I meant what I said. I'm keeping that promise." Reese replied.

"I believe you." Destiny murmured, "I missed you, old friend."

Reese nodded with a small smile and murmured, "I missed you, too." Both of them hugged then and parted, resuming their original positions- her leaning on the wall and Destiny still sitting on top of the wall. "So, whether you run away or stay, I'm there with you."

"You'd come with me?"

"Considering I'm only here at this penthouse because of you giving me another chance, Des, yeah, I will."

"Okay, then let's go."

✖️✖️✖️✖️

המשך קריאה

You'll Also Like

28.7K 700 57
Hundreds of mile away from home. New school. New friends. New life. New feelings? Maybe Everything was bound to change as the Walsh family stepped in...
4.4K 227 32
After the city is taken over by the army of shape-shifters. Reese gets the list of superheroes, and Glitch takes control of Harper's life almost comp...
49.3K 1.1K 16
" ι'м no longer ѕυrprιѕed anyмore" нe ѕнooĸ нιѕ нead. "yoυ need тo ѕтop pυѕнιng yoυrѕelғ away ғroм people" ┊ ┊ ┊ ┊ ┊ ┊ ┊...
66.7K 1.2K 22
❝𝑇𝐻𝐸𝑅𝐸'𝑆 𝐹𝐴𝑀𝐼𝐿𝑌 𝐼𝑁 𝑇𝑂𝐺𝐸𝑇𝐻𝐸𝑅𝑁𝐸𝑆𝑆.❞ 𝑻𝒉𝒆𝒓𝒆'𝒔 𝒔𝒐𝒎𝒆𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒂𝒃𝒐𝒖𝒕 𝒖𝒏𝒊𝒕𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒉𝒆𝒓𝒐𝒆𝒔. 𝑬𝒗𝒆𝒓𝒚𝒃𝒐𝒅...