Out Of Sight, Always In Mind!

By DoctorWhoWrites

Keya Sharma was orphaned at ten, but her life only shattered after the death of her brother. She was brought... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
SAM's Story
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11 : The Party Begins
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20 : Part 1
Chapter 20 : Part 2
Chapter 21
Chapter 22 : The Facebook Freud
Chapter 23
Chapter 24 : Part 1
Chapter 24 : Part 2
Chapter 25
Chapter 26 : ..and they said It! <3
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33 : Simran Speaks
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Teaser :: Chapter 36
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42 : Part 1
Chapter 42 : Part 2
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45 : Part 1
Chapter 45 : Part 2
Chapter 46 :: The Bachelors
Chapter 46 :: Aanya and Raj
Chapter 46 :: Tanya and Krish
Chapter 46 :: Keya and Vivan
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chpt 50 : 100k reads Special!
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55 :: Raj's Reality
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 59 - Only If..
Chapter 60
Chapter 61

Chapter 58

833 53 40
By DoctorWhoWrites

Everyone was supposed to go the party. Krish came back home from work and found Keya dead on her bed. He called up Tanya who said that Aanya was asleep too.

"She's sleeping so soundly that I don't wanna wake her up," she said.

"I guess we all need some good sleep. Keya has working round the clock. Her sleep schedule is ruined. Let's just plan something for the weekend," Krish told her, "And even you have so much to do!"

"You are coming with me to the caterers this Sunday?," She asked.

"Yes ofcourse I am," Krish said, "And I'll do whatever else you want my help with too."

"Okay I'll go sleep now. Just call Vivan and let him know," Tanya told him.

"Yep! Good night love," he said.

"Good night babe," she said and hung up.

Krish called Vivan and he answered immediately, "So Keya is asleep?"

"Yes," said Krish.

"Figured. She wasn't answering her phone. Guess everyone needs rest more than anything," Vivan said.

"Yes you should get some sleep too.. we need to pull some late nights at the office for a couple weeks too," Krish told him.

"Yes how can I forget that! By the way, why aren't you coming to shop with us this weekend?," asked Vivan.

"Oh I have to help Tanya with the wedding plus I trust Keya with my clothes," Krish told him.

"Alright then. Good night," Vivan said and hung up the phone.

...

The next morning everyone woke up well rested and decided to meet at Vivan's place for brunch.

Rajeev, Manya and Ritika had also come along with the regular gang.

"What is everyone doing today?" Keya asked, "Coz if we are free how about we go shopping today itself. This way even if the day gets hectic, we can relax tomorrow. We don't have work."

"I think that sounds good," said Rajeev, "I had to give out a few invitations today but I'm sure I can push it to tomorrow."

"Even we are planning to go shopping today," said Varun.

"I'll talk to the caterers and ask if they are free today," Tanya said.

"Alright then, let's head out," Vivan said.

Rajeev, Vivan and Keya left in Vivan's car.

Tanya and Krish left too.

Varun, Aanya and Ritika had their final assignment so they decided to work on it before leaving.

They were sitting in Varun's room.

When Aanya went to the washroom, Ritika asked, "What's with you. You seem to be lost in space. You are either staring at the laptop or the wall."

"When Raj and I worked in that NGO together. He had a lot of compassion for those children. He whole heartedly used to work for them. It's so shocking he could do something like that," Varun said.

"Listen. Vicky wasn't like this before either. But he still became a monster and maybe that part was in him somewhere right from the start. We should be glad we stopped it before it was too late."

"Probably but something just doesn't add up," Varun said.

"You know what? Please do all your thinking about this later! If you stay like this it won't be long until Aanya too figures out!," Ritika told him.

"Yeah," he said.

Aanya came back and started discussing about the wedding. Aanya wasn't yet completely over what had happened to her but she being the most practical girl of the lot knew better than spoiling the happiest moments of everyone's lives.

She trusted her friends and knew she could overcome anything.

...

At the mall, Keya was on a roll. She threw instructions at the salesman so swiftly.

In no time they had ten outfits to choose from for the groom. Keya helped Vivan pick a few too.

She then sat outside the exclusive trial rooms on the couch as both of them went on to try their clothes.

Rajeev came out first and showed Keya his outfit.

"This is nice but it will contrast with Manya's lehenga so, No!," She said.

Vivan came out and himself said that he didn't like his first look much.

The showroom staff got some refreshments for Keya as the boys went inside for another change of clothes.

She even looked around for something that would suit Krish.

It was Rajeev's fourth change. He was sporting a pink long kurta with a blue jacket.

"This looks lovely but too colourful for the groom, isn't it?," Rajeev said.

Vivan too came out.

"Yeah. This isn't a groom's outfit much. But I've loved it. I'll take that for Krish. He'll even match with me then," Keya said and Rajeev went inside for another change.

Vivan who was adjusting his dress in the mirror was thinking over what Keya had just said.

His dress had a scarf.

"Wait I'll set that for you," Keya said and faced him to adjust the scarf on his neck.

He looked at her but her eyes were set on the task at hand.

"About that, what did you mean by Krish and you will match?," he asked.

Keya thought for a moment and replied, "umm well.. growing up together we unknowingly always matches clothes at events. It's just that we were always this one team."

"I wanna match with you too. I'm your boyfriend, shouldn't I?," He said grumpily.

Keya laughed, "There is always this little child inside you! Krish and I never did it on purpose honey. It's just something that would happen casually. Or in times like this where I accidentally came upon the clothing. But you are right, we are a couple and we should look like one too. Let me find you my lahenga's boyfriend!"

"Are you mocking me?," Vivan smirked.

"Go inside and put on that red outfit," Keya told him, "I have really liked that. It better look good on you!"

Vivan was going inside when Rajeev came out wearing a plain golden sherwani with red embroidery.

"This. Is. The. One!," Keya said and both she and Vivan marveled at how great it was looking on Rajeev.

Everything went swiftly there after. Rajeev bought three outfits and Vivan took two, one of which was blue and closing resembling Keya's dress. Keya bought two for Krish too. 

They then headed out to meet Aanya and Varun who were in the same mall for lunch.

...

Raj was discharged from the hospital and he came home. He had to use a crutch to walk so he had shifted into a room downstairs.

He barely spoke to anyone and his family too didn't speak with him much.

His mother was extremely disappointed.

It was during lunch that he hasn't come out, so his mother told Ragini to go call him.

Ragini wheeled her way into his room and saw him leaning by the window frame looking out into the garden.

She noticed his breakfast was untouched on the table.

"Bhai," Ragini called out.

He turned around and looked at her.

"Mom's calling you for lunch," she informed.

He grabbed his crutches and went to his bed and sat there.

"I don't feel good, I'm going to sleep for a while," he told her.

Ragini was going to leave but she just needed to take it off her chest so she spoke, "Difficult isn't it? To be disabled like that? Be glad it's temporary. People like me have to live with it for the rest of our lives. And guess what? Even then we never ever even think about hurting anyone else for the same. Not eating your food isn't going to change anything."

Saying so, she went away and Raj kept staring at the door. He couldn't even look her in the eye, the girl for whom he was a hero for. He had fallen in her eyes and his mother's too.

His guilt was eating him up but Ragini was right, it would never go away.

...

Everyone returned home and chilled on the upper deck.

"It was a great idea to go shopping today," Rajeev said.

"So you guys tired or is there more energy left?," Manya asked.

"Totally energetic," said Keya.

"Anyway, Rajeev and I have to leave. Our office friends are throwing us a small shower," Manya said, "We'll see you guys tomorrow."

"Bye lovebirds!!!!" Krish said as they left.

"Sooo?? Who wants to party?," Keya asked and looked at everyone's reaction.

Tanya was the one to speak, "You guys are behaving like middle aged men. Just pour in some drinks and get ready to go!"

"Who's going where without me?," came a voice and everyone turned around.

"Aarav!," Keya was the first one to exclaim.

She went and jumped to hug him and he swiftly hugged her back and twirled he around before putting her back on her feet.

Both Vivan and Krish looked at each other with the i-won't-ever-get-them look.

Everyone else greeted him too.

"It took you lesser than four years to return this time," Krish joked and everyone laughed.

Aanya was the last one to hug him and he held her in her arms for long. She was like a little sister to him.

"How's my baby?," he asked her.

"How do I look?," she asked.

"A little grown up?," he said.

Aanya smiled, "I'm perfectly fine with you guys around me."

Everyone awed at the two of them.

Aarav had grown a lot closer to the Ahuwalia sisters after he lost Aarya.

Aarav wanted to leave right away when he had heard from Tanya about what happened. But she had managed to convince him not to. It had been a task to handle the testosterone already present.

"We definitely need to go out now," Aanya told everyone.

No one could say no even if they wanted to. Afterall, she's the one who needed a change the most.

"Alright then. You girls head out and go get ready. We'll pick y'all up!," Aarav told them and so they left.

Once the girls were gone, he asked, "What's the deal with Raj now? He needs a piece of mind!"

"I think the piece that Varun gave him was more than enough," Vivan said.

"Oh come on. Krish even you didn't do anything?," He asked.

"You think I didn't want to? But I had to think about Aanya and my girlfriend first. They needed me more than doing that!," Krish said.

"Plus the main culprit here is that bastard Vicky. Who too is taken care of now," said Vivan.

"I don't know but it bothers me like heck that someone did that to my babygirl. I could really not wait to put that guy back in the hospital!," Aarav said and that's when Keya walked in.

"I forgot my phone," she said and pointed to the table. She picked up her phone and said, "Whatever you guys were talking about. Drop it!"

"Why so?," Aarav asked in a raised voice.

"Coz that's not what's going to make Aanya feel better!"

"Aanya needs her friends and not monsters. She is hurt! She loved that guy! We need to erase him from her memories more than anything else!," Keya said.

"I think she's right," Varun said.

"Isn't she? Ms. Right Sharma! We'll do as you say!," Aarav said sarcastically.

Watch your tone Aarav," Keya told him, "I'm just gonna ignore you and leave. You aren't a child anymore who needs to be explained everytime!"

Saying so she walked away.

"Aarav it's not about who's right or wrong. You think we wanna let him loose?," Varun said, "It's taken care of."

"Let's just go and celebrate tonight okay?," Krish said.

Aarav nodded.

"I'll pour you a drink now," Vivan said, "But the next time you speak to my girlfriend like that again, I'll take it personally!"

Krish tried to control his laughter and couldn't wait to go and tell Keya about it.

"Woah man," Aarav laughed and when he saw the seriousness he said, "Alright alright!"

...

It was late night when Raj went to the kitchen for some water. He noticed that the light in Ragini's room was on. He went to check on her and there she was reading her book.

He knocked on the door.

"Bhai? What are you doing up so late?," She asked.

"Can I talk to you for a moment?," He asked.

"Come sit," she said.

Raj made his way over and sat at the end of her bed.

"I'm not here to give an explanation coz I know there isn't one," Raj said, "But it's not entirely how it looked like."

Ragini grew more curious.

"Yes it all started with me being on Vicky's side. All I knew then was to get Mom her rights," Raj told her, "But as I spent more and mroe time with those guys, things changed."

"What do you mean?," She asked.

"I was trying to trap Aanya but the truth is, that girl trapped me, by her craziness, her innocence and every thing about her, I fell for her instead," Raj confessed.

"I tried getting out of it, but Vicky kept blackmailing me," he said.

"Why didn't you come clean to them? Maybe they could have helped you out," she was shocked.

"I was too scared. I didn't want to lose her. I did plan to tell Varun but I think I was too late," Raj said.

"They need to know this," Ragini said.

"No. They don't. Aanya isn't like all the other girls. She doesn't trust easily. And if she does, she does it with all her heart. And I've broken that. I've broken her. She must be recovering from it and if I go back and say all this to her. It's only going to trouble her even more. Plus her sister is getting married. I don't want to cause her any more pain than I already have. Also if she hates me, it will be easier to forget me. Ragini I told you this because I cannot see hatred in your eyes for me."

"Bhaiyya," Ragini stopped him, "I don't hate you. I was just disappointed. I really liked Aanya too and when you hurt her, you hurt all of us. But now that I know the truth, I am ready to forgive you. You've already suffered for your mistakes. You've also lost the girl you loved."

"Promise me you won't tell anyone," Raj told her.

"I promise," she said.

Raj then tucked her in bed and went to his own room.

Something he said to Ragini was striking him even more. Aanya was about to give him her everything when she found out. He had really hurt her bad. He didn't deserve any forgiveness. It was better to keep things the way they were.

...

The drivers drove the gang to the Rathod house at 6 in the morning.

"Damn we really partied too hard," Keya said as she yawned.

"Just crash here you all," Vivan told them.

"I'll grab something to eat first," Aarav said.

"I'll join you," Keya told him.

"I'm off to bed," Tanya said.

So everyone headed either to the bed or the kitchen.

Keya met Marc on her way and told him to make sure everyone received a drink for their hangovers.

Aarav and Keya grabbed some milk and cornflakes. They were half sleep as they ate.

"I'm sorry for last night," Aarav told her.

"Come on Aarav. We both were dancing like crazy. Don't you think I forgave you already?," Keya laughed.

"Well yeah. But did you see Krish and Vivan? I didn't know I would have to deal with the wrath of both your boyfriend and bestfriend," Aarav joked.

"They will never understand how we keep fighting and solving the fights so quickly. They both wish they could do that too," Keya said.

"I hope that's the only reason," Aarav said, "If I tell them about Aahana, they might be less insecure you know?"

"Aarav you yourself aren't sure about Aahana yet. Plus, she won't be here for another year. Don't tell them for the sake of getting them off our backs! I've told you this before," she told him.

"Yea yea!"

"Okay I'm done. I'll go sleep too. I'll see you late yeah?," She told him and left.

Varun and Vivan had changed into their pyjamas and were about to sleep when Vivan's phone rang.

"It's dad," he jumped.

"Don't pick," Varun was gonna say but it was too late.

Vivan had already answered, "Hello dad."

Varun dug his head in the pillow.

"We just woke up actually," Vivan was speaking.

"We?," Varun whispered in frustration.

"Yes. Yes dad... .. .. in a minute sure," Vivan said and hung up.

"Why'd you have to say we woke up," Varun threw a pillow at him.

"He wants to Skype with both of us. Go turn on the television," Vivan told him, "He hasn't spoken to us since he left. I couldn't not answer."

Within a matter of minutes they were sitting in front of the TV trying to look all fresh.

"Vivan, Varun. First of all I'd like to apologise to both of you," Mr. Rathod spoke.

"Dad no, you don't have to," said Varun.

"I got mad at you both for doing something I should instead be proud of. I see some of my friends struggle with their children wanting to split their empires or throw one another out of it. But here I have three children who support each other no matter what. And instead of being proud of you boys, I only put you guys through my anger."

"Dad you are the reason why we are this close. You inspire us and you are our biggest strength," Vivan said.

"You guys give me more credit than I deserve," he said, "Anyway looking at the two of you, it's good night time than good morning. So go now, get a good sleep and we will talk later."

Both of them smiled and said, "Thank you dad. We love you."

Varun and Vivan were happy to know their father was no longer mad at them.

They could now sleep peacefully.

Thus the entire gang dozed off into a sweet slumber. In a week's time, they would celebrating Manya's special day and who knew what new relationships were about to blossom.

....

....

Authors note:

So so so sorry guys for the delay. But guess what all happened.

My finals got done and results came out.

It's DR. Purva Raut now!!!!!!!

Yes I'm finally a doctor and my internship has begun. It's very hectic and I have to be in the hospital till 12-1am.

But life has got a good flow to it now. And I'm finding a good time to write too.

So the next upload will be way sooner. And it's going be full of fun and romance!

Thank you so much for your love!

Do vote and comment, it means the world to me.

Love you all,

Dr. Purva.. hehe ;)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

24.5K 1.2K 44
( SOFT ROMANCE ) This story is a slow burn with full on chemistry 😉 Enjoy 💕 • ATTENTION READER'S ..... This story contains a really too cute scen...
66.1K 3K 37
This is the story of 3 brothers and 3 best friends... What will happen when they collide with each other.  FEMALE LEAD :- Anaya Sharma:-(age-26 year...
49.9K 1.7K 40
What if your internet crush becomes your present? This is a story of a girl named Ahana who is jovial and carefree. She is like a boy named Aryan. He...
23.3K 1.4K 28
"Say no to this marriage then. " He ordered " How about you do the honours? " She mocked him Atharva rejected 64 proposals and told everyone "Not re...